The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Dial up or text message?"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences American Idol General Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

BriarRosie 990 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

04-28-05, 01:43 PM (EST)
Click to EMail BriarRosie Click to send private message to BriarRosie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Dial up or text message?"
After reading a lot of threads about "I couldn't get through on the phone", I wanted to take an informal poll as to how we prefer to vote.

How many of you call? How many of you text message?

I found that it's fairly tough to get through on the toll free numbers, so I've been text messaging my votes. I find it faster and easier to vote for two people I want to stay in the competition.

So who's with me? Anyone else prefer voting with text messages?

I'm for voting with text!

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Dial up or text message? shanana banana 04-28-05 1
 RE: Dial up or text message? Glow 04-28-05 2
   RE: Dial up or text message? BriarRosie 04-28-05 3
       RE: Dial up or text message? Glow 04-28-05 5
 RE: Dial up or text message? dragonflies 04-28-05 4
 RE: Dial up or text message? lmcs 04-28-05 6
   RE: Dial up or text message? GreenChili 04-28-05 7
 RE: Dial up or text message? theking0075 04-29-05 8
 RE: Dial up or text message? GirlyGirl_226 04-29-05 9
   TAR? niteowl 04-30-05 10
       RE: TAR? badger 04-30-05 11

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

shanana banana 658 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

04-28-05, 01:47 PM (EST)
Click to EMail shanana%20banana Click to send private message to shanana%20banana Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Dial up or text message?"
I usually wait at least 45 minutes to an hour before I start calling, and then I usually don't have too many problems. I am usually watching The Amazing Race from 9 to 10 and then the news from 10 to 11, so I just dial the number once for whoever I'm voting for and then continually hit redial once I get the "thank you for calling" message.

I've never tried the text messaging -- it seems more complicated (I'm not a techie gal - lol) and plus I thought you get charged for text messaging after a certain number of messages and I never wanted to deal with that problem.

Glow 14353 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

04-28-05, 01:56 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Glow Click to send private message to Glow Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Dial up or text message?"
I usually dial the number for the contestant I'm voting for that week (*grin*) as soon as the show is over. When I get a busy signal, I hit redial. This goes on for about an hour (while watching TAR) and then I do something else and forget to dial again until I realize that it's too late.

--I'm with banana up there about the text messaging. I have no idea how to do that. *confused look*

BriarRosie 990 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

04-28-05, 02:05 PM (EST)
Click to EMail BriarRosie Click to send private message to BriarRosie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Dial up or text message?"
Text messaging: It's not just for teenagers anymore!

I think I need to get a text message primer for you and Shanana.
Hmm, might as well try now....

On your Cingular/AT&T phone, there's a menu button. Press it.
My Nokia will prompt me through to "create message". I use the
keypad and type "vote" with the alpha numeric keys. (In order to get to "v", you need to press the "8" key three times.)

And since I vote for Bo (yay!) and Vonzell, I hit "send" to both 5702 and 5703. That's it.

I find it easy to do while watching TAR (especially during commercials.) I have a package with Cingular that includes a
lot of text messages without getting extra charges, so it works
for me.

It's hard to figure out how to describe the process without knowing what types of phones people have.

I'm over 30 and ain't afraid of technology!

Glow 14353 desperate attention whore postings

04-28-05, 02:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Glow Click to send private message to Glow Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Dial up or text message?"
I have Verizon. *grin*

--does not read directions. Fears heights and spiders.

dragonflies 8051 desperate attention whore postings

04-28-05, 02:23 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dragonflies Click to send private message to dragonflies Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Dial up or text message?"
If I'm lucky, I remember about 1 hour 45 minutes into the 2 hour timeframe, then just dial and redial for my fav (or 2) until I get a fast busy. Don't know if I get free text messages, but it's faster to dial.

another syren masterpiece

lmcs 3 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

04-28-05, 09:09 PM (EST)
Click to EMail lmcs Click to send private message to lmcs Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Dial up or text message?"
Texting is easy...but if you can't get through on land lines, try calling from your cell. They use different lines and you can get through everytime!

GreenChili 3 desperate attention whore postings

04-28-05, 10:12 PM (EST)
Click to EMail GreenChili Click to send private message to GreenChili Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Dial up or text message?"
Call in on my cell, don't use the test messaging.

theking0075 331 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

04-29-05, 08:49 AM (EST)
Click to EMail theking0075 Click to send private message to theking0075 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Dial up or text message?"
Don't text cause I'm not Cingular so it would cost me $.05 per letter. I try dialing to Bo line on my home phone and my cell and I still can't get through.

"Evil" Dr. Will: Reality Show Legend!

GirlyGirl_226 2 desperate attention whore postings

04-29-05, 10:16 PM (EST)
Click to EMail GirlyGirl_226 Click to send private message to GirlyGirl_226 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Dial up or text message?"
I definately prefer to text in my votes. I never have to hit redial & I get a confirmation txt msg telling me that my votes were received.

niteowl 199 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

04-30-05, 08:38 PM (EST)
Click to EMail niteowl Click to send private message to niteowl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "TAR?"
I'm not in the States, so I was wondering, what's TAR?
Thanks!

badger 1273 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

04-30-05, 09:48 PM (EST)
Click to EMail badger Click to send private message to badger Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: TAR?"
The Amazing Race

Bouncin' with joy for this IceCat creation. Hoppin' mad rants found here

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •