The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Random thoughts on this week's shows"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences American Idol General Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

geekboy 1788 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

04-28-05, 11:20 AM (EST)
Click to EMail geekboy Click to send private message to geekboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Random thoughts on this week's shows"
I'm just going to throw out some thoughts i've had on this week...

* I loved the theme this week and wish it would have ran earlier w/ more contestants so we could have had more fresh material
* Anthony doing Celine. That still boggles me.
* I would have liked to have a comment or two on how the judges thought Vonzell was after rewatching it. I still swear she was off key through most of the song
* People question Scott's fan...but what about Carrie's? She hasn't been "on" for several weeks, yet always in the top group?
* Bo needs to win this year, 'nuff said
* I was hoping for a Bo/Con final two showdown...oh well
* Constantine truly was the weakest this week. Scott _was_ better than him, guys.
* Bo is the true rocker, Constantine is better when he strays from Rock. Simon again is correct.
* This was the final 6. Anyone could go any week. Based on that week's performance, i have to say Constantine deserved it.
* Anthony has been improving steadily.
* I truly believe that if anyone other than Bo wins, the 'gleam' of being an American Idol will be tarnished even more. Ruben fizzled. Fantasia seems to have fizzled. Carrie will simply be another "Nashville Star". Anthony/Scott are no Clay. Vonzell...well, Ruben/Fantasia redux. Bo needs to win to inject a burst of life into the frachise. It should be interesting to see what the final themes are, and if they allow Bo to shine.

Oh, and did i say - Bo needs to win this year?

geekboy

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Random thoughts on this week's ... nailbone 04-28-05 1
   RE: Random thoughts on this week's ... geekboy 04-28-05 2
       RE: Random thoughts on this week's ... TanNymph 04-28-05 3
           RE: Random thoughts on this week's ... geekboy 04-28-05 4
               RE: Random thoughts on this week's ... bostonrobfan 04-28-05 5
               RE: Random thoughts on this week's ... TanNymph 04-28-05 6
 RE: Random thoughts on this week's ... shanana banana 04-28-05 7
   RE: Random thoughts on this week's ... nailbone 04-29-05 10
       RE: Random thoughts on this week's ... shanana banana 04-29-05 13
           RE: Random thoughts on this week's ... Devious Weasel 04-29-05 19
               RE: Random thoughts on this week's ... nailbone 04-29-05 20
                   RE: Random thoughts on this week's ... geg6 05-03-05 30
                       RE: Random thoughts on this week's ... nailbone 05-03-05 31
 RE: Random thoughts on this week's ... JOSHIDOL 04-28-05 8
 RE: Random thoughts on this week's ... nicola 04-29-05 9
 RE: Random thoughts on this week's ... tamarama 04-29-05 11
   RE: Random thoughts on this week's ... geekboy 04-29-05 12
       RE: Random thoughts on this week's ... tamarama 04-29-05 16
   RE: Random thoughts on this week's ... PhoenixMons 04-29-05 14
       RE: Random thoughts on this week's ... geekboy 04-29-05 15
           RE: Random thoughts on this week's ... PhoenixMons 04-29-05 17
               RE: Random thoughts on this week's ... aquariaqueen 04-29-05 21
           RE: Random thoughts on this week's ... JOSHIDOL 04-29-05 18
 RE: Random thoughts on this week's ... kahanasunset 04-30-05 22
 RE: Random thoughts on this week's ... sodiumswirl 04-30-05 23
   RE: Random thoughts on this week's ... okaychatt 05-01-05 26
 RE: Random thoughts on this week's ... GirlyGirl_226 04-30-05 24
   RE: Random thoughts on this week's ... AprilleW 04-30-05 25
       RE: Random thoughts on this week's ... Gypsy 05-01-05 27
           RE: Random thoughts on this week's ... AprilleW 05-03-05 28
       RE: Random thoughts on this week's ... nailbone 05-03-05 32
           RE: Random thoughts on this week's ... salvdali 05-03-05 38
               RE: Random thoughts on this week's ... nailbone 05-04-05 42
                   RE: Random thoughts on this week's ... kahanasunset 05-04-05 43
 RE: Random thoughts on this week's ... Daffydollz 05-03-05 29
   RE: Random thoughts on this week's ... Dot 05-03-05 33
       RE: Random thoughts on this week's ... nailbone 05-03-05 34
           RE: Random thoughts on this week's ... Dot 05-03-05 35
               RE: Random thoughts on this week's ... geekboy 05-03-05 36
               No one asked for a resume...just ta... tamarama 05-03-05 37
                   RE: No one asked for a resume...jus... Dot 05-03-05 39
           RE: Random thoughts on this week's ... kahanasunset 05-04-05 44
               RE: Random thoughts on this week's ... nailbone 05-04-05 45
       RE: Random thoughts on this week's ... cambo 05-04-05 40
           RE: Carrie kahanasunset 05-04-05 41

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

nailbone 27263 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

04-28-05, 12:32 PM (EST)
Click to EMail nailbone Click to send private message to nailbone Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Random thoughts on this week's shows"
* Bo needs to win this year, 'nuff said

Agreed!

* Bo is the true rocker, Constantine is better when he strays from Rock. Simon again is correct.

But isn't Con's band a metal band, and pretty decent? I don't understand why everyone says he should stay away from rock.

* I truly believe that if anyone other than Bo wins, the 'gleam' of being an American Idol will be tarnished even more. Ruben fizzled. Fantasia seems to have fizzled. Carrie will simply be another "Nashville Star". Anthony/Scott are no Clay. Vonzell...well, Ruben/Fantasia redux. Bo needs to win to inject a burst of life into the frachise. It should be interesting to see what the final themes are, and if they allow Bo to shine.

Yes, yes, yes!!!

New from Sigs by Syren!!

Keep lookin' up, cuz that's where it all is. o-

04-28-05, 12:47 PM (EST)
Click to EMail geekboy Click to send private message to geekboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Random thoughts on this week's shows"
Hi Nailbone -

His band is "Pray For The Soul Of Betty" and i don't believe its a metal band, but it is a hard rock band. I don't know how good of a band it is.

You have to admit that his voice is incredibly better, smoother, purer when he sang "My Funny Valentine" and event "I Think I love You" compared to Tuesday night, or back earlier when he did "Hard To Handle".

He has more control when he strays from rock. His voice is not as versatile as Bo's, who can easily handle both genres.

geekboy

TanNymph 309 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

04-28-05, 01:11 PM (EST)
Click to EMail TanNymph Click to send private message to TanNymph Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Random thoughts on this week's shows"
I agree that Bo should win. I don't agree that Scott was better than Constantine this week. This was Constantine's weakest performance, but Scott was still worse. To me, Constantine can cross genre's better than most. Bohemian Rhapsody ( rock ), My Funny Valentine ( show tunes ), I Think I Love You ( 70's ) those were great performances. I really like his voice. I don't think its that he can't do rock, he just choose a rock song that did not showcase his vocals. Scott was just plain horrible, but then I think Fantansia is horrible too. I've never heard her sing anything that I liked. I would buy a CD of Carrie's, Bo's or Constantine's and even Nadia's for that matter. I'd never, ever buy one of Scott's or Fantasia's.

04-28-05, 01:19 PM (EST)
4. "RE: Random thoughts on this week's shows"
I know its hard to swallow, but Scott (and everyone else) WAS better than Constantine on Tuesday. Constantine truly butchered that song and sounded very amateurish and not like the same guy from the rest of the competition.

It was extremely weak, and the song didn't suit his voice.

Personally, i think i'd only buy a CD by Bo. And unlike you, i liked Fantasia during the AI3 competition. I previewed her CD and found it to be to much the same R&B every other R&B person puts out. It wasn't fantasia being fantasia so i haven't bought it.

geekboy

bostonrobfan 490 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

04-28-05, 01:26 PM (EST)
Click to EMail bostonrobfan Click to send private message to bostonrobfan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Random thoughts on this week's shows"
>I know its hard to swallow,
>but Scott (and everyone else)
>WAS better than Constantine on
>Tuesday. Constantine truly butchered
>that song and sounded very
>amateurish and not like the
>same guy from the rest
>of the competition.

The thug was not better than Constantine. Yes, Constantine didn't do a great job on the song, but his singing didn't make my gums hurt. The thug didn't come close to being in key the whole time. The thug was so painful to listen to.

TanNymph 309 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

04-28-05, 01:29 PM (EST)
Click to EMail TanNymph Click to send private message to TanNymph Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Random thoughts on this week's shows"
Guess we'll just have to agree to disagree. I do enjoy reading your posts and usually agree with most of them. If we all liked the same thing, it sure would be boring.

shanana banana 658 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

04-28-05, 01:36 PM (EST)
Click to EMail shanana%20banana Click to send private message to shanana%20banana Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Random thoughts on this week's shows"
Some random replies. ;)

** Anthony doing Celine. That still boggles me.

Ditto. Although it wasn't the worst he has done, I still don't understand it.

** People question Scott's fan...but what about Carrie's? She hasn't been "on" for several weeks, yet always in the top group?

I agree, but I at least understand Carrie's fanbase better than Scott's. She's a cornfed midwestern gal, sweet and innocent, and definitely pulls in all the "we want a nice country girl to win AI" voters who want to see someone like her or Josh Gracin in the top spot. I'll bet they have the exact same voting base. And she does sing very well. Country is Not my cup of tea at all -- I prefer her Heart and Pat Benatar songs over country, although she can't pull off the moves -- but I give the girl credit for having a great voice. Scott.......that fan base just scares me. Who ARE they??? I don't get the whole "I represent the working guy" thing --- are there that many young and old Scotts watching AI and voting like mad for him?? If he at least sang well, I'd get it. But that in combination with his personality, which is very gruff, unsophisticated, and a little frightening makes this very odd indeed. Are there really that many people voting for Scott out of spite over Simon's comments and/or the website mentioned in another post?

** Bo needs to win this year, 'nuff said
** I was hoping for a Bo/Con final two showdown...oh well

Gosh, I was DYING for this. I would have been happier with either one winning, although I lean a bit towards Constantine because I think he's got better overall versatility. But I would have been happy with either one taking the prize -- a Reuben/Clay outcome where both were deserving.

** Constantine truly was the weakest this week. Scott _was_ better than him, guys.

I have to disagree here. I definitely agree that Constantine was not very good, but then again, I thought everybody was horrible on Tuesday night except for Vonzell. So then it comes down to performance. Connie outshined Scott in that talent, and will ALWAYS outshine Scott when it comes down to performance because Scott has NO stage presence. Either way, Constantine just does not deserve to be gone before Scott and Anthony. No way in hEll.

** Bo is the true rocker, Constantine is better when he strays from Rock. Simon again is correct.

Bo is the true rocker only in that he's very good doing rock, but not much else. Constantine is more versatile, but I don't think that means he's "bad" at rock. His Bohemian Rhapsody night was awesome -- and Queen is as rock as you can get. Connie just picked a totally sucky song for himself Tuesday night.

** This was the final 6. Anyone could go any week. Based on that week's performance, i have to say Constantine deserved it.

I agree anyone can go any week once we get down to final 6, but after three years of this, I am getting tired of the voting mishaps that occur around this time every year. I don't think it's "fair" that someone gets eliminated after one bad week who was never even in the bottom three already. I stand by my assertion in another thread that the voting needs to change to accumulation of votes for each contestant each week, and the lowest still goes. That way, a person can have a bad week, and still make it through. But if you continually have bad weeks, you're going to get eliminated.

** I truly believe that if anyone other than Bo wins, the 'gleam' of being an American Idol will be tarnished even more. Ruben fizzled. Fantasia seems to have fizzled. Carrie will simply be another "Nashville Star". Anthony/Scott are no Clay. Vonzell...well, Ruben/Fantasia redux. Bo needs to win to inject a burst of life into the frachise.

Amen!! I wanted a rocker showdown............I'm not going to get it, but now Bo will get every vote of mine and I'm going to double my efforts on call week! Go Bo!

04-29-05, 01:44 PM (EST)
Click to EMail nailbone Click to send private message to nailbone Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Random thoughts on this week's shows"
His Bohemian Rhapsody night was awesome -- and Queen is as rock as you can get.

Well, IMO, Queen isn't "as rock as you can get", and Bohemian Rhaposidy is, at least the part he sang, the least "rock" of anything Queen did.

It was an awesome, cheese-filled, performance.

New from Sigs by Syren!!

shanana banana 658 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

04-29-05, 02:44 PM (EST)
Click to EMail shanana%20banana Click to send private message to shanana%20banana Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Random thoughts on this week's shows"
Really, Nailbone, you don't think Queen is a great old-fashioned rock band? I'm not saying they are hard rock or metal, but I definitely would consider Queen a pure rock & roll band. I can't think of any other category they might possibly fit into.

However, I won't argue about the cheesiness of some of the performance. ;)

Devious Weasel 18756 desperate attention whore postings

04-29-05, 04:49 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Devious%20Weasel Click to send private message to Devious%20Weasel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: Random thoughts on this week's shows"
I don't know about Boner, but I'd put Queen as a pop band, not a rock band.

04-29-05, 05:03 PM (EST)
20. "RE: Random thoughts on this week's shows"
LAST EDITED ON 04-29-05 AT 05:04 PM (EST)

Oh, I'd classify them as rock, sure, but they do more than that (BR as an example), so that's why I say not "as rock as you can get". Van Halen, for example, is "as rock as you can get".

New from Sigs by Syren!!

geg6 14941 desperate attention whore postings

05-03-05, 08:58 AM (EST)
Click to EMail geg6 Click to send private message to geg6 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
30. "RE: Random thoughts on this week's shows"
I'd come down between you and Dweez (and if that isn't a picture to contemplate?) on whether Queen is pop or rock. I think they were a bit of both. But as for what kind of rock? I'd definitely call them progressive rock, not hard rock. And Boner, come on, Van Halen is "as rock as you get?" You know you meant AC/DC, right?

I'm such a slut for the blues.
Never banged my head for Eddie and crew, but Angus and the gang get the head slammin'.

05-03-05, 10:05 AM (EST)
31. "RE: Random thoughts on this week's shows"
A Geggy sandwich? I'm willin' of Dweezil is.

And yeah, I meant AC/DC. that's what I get for posting and talking on the phone at the same time. I'm addle-brained enough without distractions.

New from Sigs by Syren!!

JOSHIDOL 275 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

04-28-05, 03:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail JOSHIDOL Click to send private message to JOSHIDOL Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Random thoughts on this week's shows"
Geekboy, I have to agree with TanNymph on this one that Scott was not better then Constantine this week. Lets just say he was does that mean Constantine's first trip to the Bottom 3 means going home, while week after week this obvoxious loser is still standing up there. Despite what he does in his personal life, it does not mean he has to stand up there with a chip on his shoulder, he is lucky to be where he is. I still find it hard to believe that the rabid amount of fans that were voting for Constantine all of a sudden decided not to, come on, its not all about the singing... Hopefully all of Scott's fans will somehow think he is safe now and stop voting for him. Also, I said before, Carrie had a bad performance, did not seem like her fans stopped voting, why would Constantine's stop. Remember this is the same guy who according to Ryan had gotten 35 million votes prior to this show. Something seems weird...

nicola 30 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

04-29-05, 12:58 PM (EST)
Click to EMail nicola Click to send private message to nicola Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Random thoughts on this week's shows"
<<Bo needs to win this year, 'nuff said

yep yep yep absolutely agree with you there!
i dont like carrie that much i dont know why shes still there... i think nadia was more original and had more star quality than her.
o well
i think simon said something about vonzell being flat in the beginning. i dont think randy and paula were amazed by her performance either.
i saw this online poll thing and 78% says they want scott out next... i think hell go next i mean especially since now people are really mad that he beat constantine.
but like randy said anything can happen at this stage.
- nicky

tamarama 1785 desperate attention whore postings

04-29-05, 01:54 PM (EST)
Click to EMail tamarama Click to send private message to tamarama Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Random thoughts on this week's shows"
>>* Constantine truly was the weakest this week. Scott _was_ better than him, guys.<<

I'm ABSOLUTELY going to back you up on this, Geekboy. Con was appalling.

Yes, Scott has horrible stage presence -- he just stands there scowling at everyone. And every time Paula talked about the emotion he was putting into his performance, I...didn't see it. Plus, I despise New-School R&B as much, if not more, than I despise Country-Pop -- so Scott and his runs are definitely NOT to my taste. I don't care how much he weighs. I don't care that he had an argument with his girlfriend 97 years ago.

However, there's no denying the guy can sing. THERE'S NO DENYING THE GUY CAN SING.

He may have missed a couple of notes this week, but Constantine pretty much blew pitch through his whole number -- especially on the chorus/hook. It was almost unrecognizable. (I think Carrie & Vonzell also had bigger pitch problems than Scott this week.)

Plus, the judges hit the nail on the head re: Con being a phony with the rock stuff. And what was with 'kicking' the camera? More than once? Lame.

Yes, Con is a better performer than Scott, but not a better singer...and this week, his performance was terrible.

**Scott haters, worry not -- he won't win. But be honest, he CAN sing**

One additional thought -- about VERSATILITY. Some folks point out Constantine's versatility as a reason why he should have won. I disagree.

I understand why they ask the contestants to sing different genres--stepping out of your comfort zone shows what you're made of. BUT -- do we really expect our recording artists to be proficient in multiple genres? I suspect Constantine is more versatile because of his musical theater background...but that ease in switching gears also made it difficult to determine who the REAL Constantine is...that was Randy & Simon's problem with him, and I think alot of voters' problem too. Regardless of your flexibility, a solo recording artist needs to feel real, and needs to have a clear identity.

So I tend to not worry if a contestant doesn't set the world on fire for Chinese-Opera-Night -- as long as they attack each genre with everything they've got, and we can still tell who they are.

04-29-05, 02:08 PM (EST)
12. "RE: Random thoughts on this week's shows"
))) HUGS (((

Thanks for being perhaps the ONE person out there that agrees with me.

You pretty much backed me up perfectly. Scott DOES have an amazing voice, and dare i say if judged on voice alone, he whip's Constantine's butt?

But i don't wish to debate Scott's voice, its a no-brainer that he can sing.

I tend to disagree with you on the judges thinking he was phony with the rock stuff. I think what the judges were trying to say is "Hey, Maroulis. The past so many weeks, you have discovered your niche in pop/crooning. People love you when you do that, why the heck did you cross back to your rock side? You're alienating your massively-huge new fan base, dawg?!"

And i think that sums up why he was voted out. The Constantine that showed up on Tuesday was NOT the Constantine that America has grown to love who sang the Patridge Family. This was Karaoke-Bar stage Constantine.

It was his mistake and his downfall, unfortunately.

geekboy

04-29-05, 03:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail tamarama Click to send private message to tamarama Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Random thoughts on this week's shows"
Wow!! Thanks for the hugs!

And just to keep the love-fest going, I also agree with this:

"Hey, Maroulis. The past so many weeks, you have discovered your niche in pop/crooning. People love you when you do that, why the heck did you cross back to your rock side? You're alienating your massively-huge new fan base, dawg?!"

I see your point, and agree -- I think I was imposing my own impression of phoniness on their statements -- because the phoniness is what bugged me the most!

PhoenixMons 4696 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Stuff Magazine Centerfold"

04-29-05, 02:57 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PhoenixMons Click to send private message to PhoenixMons Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Random thoughts on this week's shows"
*taps foot*

*clears throat*

Forgetting about someone????

And I still say that if all of these people (top 12) had the proper training, Scott would be one of the best (if not THE best) in terms of vocal ability. That's not saying he's a great performer, because he isn't...and I don't think he is likely to ever be. But his voice is fantastic. I don't give a crap about his life story and I certainly don't vote for people out of sympathy. Hell, if I did that I'd have voted for Jim Verraros in season one and he sucked royally. I just like Scott's voice. And I know a good voice when I hear (not see) one, thankyouverymuch

Constantine went home because he SUCKED two week sin a row...(Carrie did too, but I don't think her fans care because she an do no wrong even when she sings an entire song out of tune - as she did this week), plain and simple. And frankly, none of these people is worthy of the title "American Idol", IMO. The group as a whole may be more talented than past seasons, but there is no star, if you ask me. They are all hovering around "eh, not bad".

Got blog?

04-29-05, 03:07 PM (EST)
15. "RE: Random thoughts on this week's shows"
Sorry, Phoenix...

))) HUGS (((

And also, there is one true star this year. And his name is Bo. He has it all, if you ask me.

I can see his CD blowing away Kelley, Clay and anyone else out of the AI machine that is semi-successful. He's a breath of fresh air in a show that is starting to stale. Don't get me wrong, i still love the show, but it needs a winner like Bo who is outside the fringes of "pop/R&B".

geekboy

PhoenixMons 4696 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Stuff Magazine Centerfold"

04-29-05, 03:57 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PhoenixMons Click to send private message to PhoenixMons Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: Random thoughts on this week's shows"
I don't disagree that Bo is the star of the season...since we HAVE to pick a star. But while I loved him early on, he seems to have gotten rather boring and one-note lately. Maybe that's because I'm not a huge 'rock' fan (I doubt that is it, though, since my musical 'likes' are all over the map). He just doesn't have anything special like Fantasia or Kelly. I liked Ruben, but he was far less 'star-like' than the two gals. I guess I'm nore disappointed because no one has reached out and grabbed me yet. I tend to like the whole package when it comes to musicians (particularly on Idol), so just being a great performer (as Bo is) isn't enough for me. His voice, as I've learned over the past few weeks, is not as good as I initially thought it was. Likewise with Carrie (who has nothing else to fall back on other than her 'country' status - she has ZERO stage presence/personality).

I certainly think it SHOULD be Bo who wins (ONLY other viable option is Vonzell, IMO - she has awesome stage presence and she just needs some better training than what she's gotten...she struggles too much on ballads for someone with as strong a voice as she has)...but I'm just not thrilled about any of them as potential Idols. Maybe this whole thing is just getting tiring/old? Maybe my standards are too high? Maybe I just miss Nikko

Got blog?

aquariaqueen 2616 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

04-29-05, 11:57 PM (EST)
Click to EMail aquariaqueen Click to send private message to aquariaqueen Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: Random thoughts on this week's shows"
?
>Maybe I just miss Nikko
>

Thanks Sweetie!!!!!

JOSHIDOL 275 desperate attention whore postings

04-29-05, 04:28 PM (EST)
Click to EMail JOSHIDOL Click to send private message to JOSHIDOL Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: Random thoughts on this week's shows"
Totally agree with you geekboy and having heard that Red Cross CD, his voice sounds awesome on it. Actually the better voice on the CD. As much as I did like Constantine his voice sounds weak on the CD. I still however, think Scott should have been gone before Constantine well before Anwar, before Nadia, before Jessica, I could go on and on and on.

kahanasunset 466 desperate attention whore postings

04-30-05, 10:37 AM (EST)
Click to EMail kahanasunset Click to send private message to kahanasunset Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: Random thoughts on this week's shows"
I truly believe that if anyone other than Bo wins, the 'gleam' of being an American Idol will be tarnished even more. Ruben fizzled. Fantasia seems to have fizzled. Carrie will simply be another "Nashville Star". Anthony/Scott are no Clay. Vonzell...well, Ruben/Fantasia redux. Bo needs to win to inject a burst of life into the franchise. It should be interesting to see what the final themes are, and if they allow Bo to shine.

Totally agree. If Ruben and Fantasia weren't under contract, we wouldn't even be seeing them. I wish them well, but facts is facts. Carrie is still there, because she's actually a good singer (IMO). Other than Bo, Carrie's the only other contestant who has what it will take to inject new life into the American Idol after-buzz.

sodiumswirl 79 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

04-30-05, 03:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail sodiumswirl Click to send private message to sodiumswirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "RE: Random thoughts on this week's shows"
I'm worried about the recent cocaine controversy surrounding Bo though. While it probably won't affect the affections of most of the Bice Squad;

(a) Some parents might be unhappy to have their kids voting for someone who has been known to abuse drugs, Bo's lack of an actual criminal conviction notwithstanding

(b) When it comes down to the final two, you just know that there will be people voting against Bo simply for having a drug record; just as there were certainly people voting against Fantasia last year for being a single mother. Sad as it is, there are still AI viewers who feel anyone who's ever done anything questionable is unworthy of being an American Idol winner, and this can shown by the sheer outrage of some AI fans at last year's result: they were mad not because they wanted Diana to win, but because they wanted Fantasia to lose.

If Bo's finale opponent is sweet, safe, non-drug-consuming Carrie Underwood, he could find himself losing by like half a percent: because of Carrie's fans voting like crazy for her to win, and because some not-to-be-messed-with self-righteous faction will also be frantically voting to ensure the crowning of a clean, wholesome, scandal-free "American Idol" this year.

okaychatt 2810 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

05-01-05, 10:01 AM (EST)
Click to EMail okaychatt Click to send private message to okaychatt Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
26. "RE: Random thoughts on this week's shows"
<most of the Bice Squad

Clever, sodiumswirl.

As for a clean, wholesome, scandal-free AI, good luck. Contestants like that are few and far between. I would like to see a line drawn on assault, robbery, drug dealing, and murder convictions though. A little drug use or out of wedlock mother or fatherhood? Not so much.

As you say, Carrie might win based on that perceived squeaky clean persona. The President certainly was, so AI isn't free of that phenomenon.

But surely an entertainment show's voting could be based on merit.

Pretty please?

Sigh.

Everyone is entitled to my opinion.

GirlyGirl_226 2 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

04-30-05, 04:46 PM (EST)
Click to EMail GirlyGirl_226 Click to send private message to GirlyGirl_226 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
24. "RE: Random thoughts on this week's shows"
Sorry Geekboy but I never have liked Bo. I really wanted to see it come down to Carrie & Constatine. Oh well. I'm still boggled how Scoddy The Body is still in it. There must be a heck of a lot of voters in Cleveland. Myself being one of them.....but not for Scott.

AprilleW 15 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

04-30-05, 10:28 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AprilleW Click to send private message to AprilleW Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
25. "RE: Random thoughts on this week's shows"
Let me just admit up-front that I am a huge Constantine fan and I am still in dismay at the fishy goings on.

However, my reason for posting this time is Scott. I see posted over and over again, "Who is voting for this guy?!?!" Do you all really not know? Well, then let me show you...

http://www.votefortheworst.com/

Gypsy 34 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

05-01-05, 03:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Gypsy Click to send private message to Gypsy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
27. "RE: Random thoughts on this week's shows"
I have to beg to differ here. I am a HUGE Bo fan and vote every week for him, but also enjoy Scott's voice and vote for him as well. He didn't have the worst voice, Constantine did - now Constantine is gone and we can all move along (and vote for Bo

AprilleW 15 desperate attention whore postings

05-03-05, 02:16 AM (EST)
Click to EMail AprilleW Click to send private message to AprilleW Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
28. "RE: Random thoughts on this week's shows"
I'm not making any statement as to the quality of Scott's voice. Only that some are not voting based on that at all.

05-03-05, 10:08 AM (EST)
32. "RE: Random thoughts on this week's shows"
However, my reason for posting this time is Scott. I see posted over and over again, "Who is voting for this guy?!?!" Do you all really not know? Well, then let me show you...

http://www.votefortheworst.com/

I don't really think that the miniscule number of people, compared to the alleged millions that vote, that would vote based on that site would have any effect whatsoever in the number of votes Scott is getting.

New from Sigs by Syren!!

salvdali 4 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

05-03-05, 01:43 PM (EST)
Click to EMail salvdali Click to send private message to salvdali Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
38. "RE: Random thoughts on this week's shows"
Thank you, Mr. Nailbone. Finally someone points out the obvious in this hysteria. AFTER last week's voting there were only 100,000 hits including my one so this is nothing when a contestant is in the 5 million votes range (If Connie had "over 35 million votes" divided by 7 weeks....I won't bore you with the math). I only comment because I am sad that everyone will blame this site for affecting AI. Believe it or not, people have a lot better things to do than sabatoge a TV show.

P.S. yes, it is up to a half-mill, but remember there is a big gap between visiting the site and actually dialing/typing a vote - most likely far less than 5%.

05-04-05, 02:42 PM (EST)
42. "RE: Random thoughts on this week's shows"
The site is gone.

New from Sigs by Syren!!

05-04-05, 02:45 PM (EST)
Click to EMail kahanasunset Click to send private message to kahanasunset Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
43. "RE: Random thoughts on this week's shows"
Good Riddance.

Daffydollz 17 desperate attention whore postings

05-03-05, 03:18 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Daffydollz Click to send private message to Daffydollz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
29. "RE: Random thoughts on this week's shows"
the label "rock" doesn't matter or apply here. He simply sounds better when he uses his smooth Freddie Mercury/ Showtune voice and not his gruff "rock" voice. Whatever genre it is, he should've used the astonishingly good vocals he has.

Dot 13 desperate attention whore postings

05-03-05, 10:38 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Dot Click to send private message to Dot Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
33. "RE: Random thoughts on this week's shows"
Bo is good but I think Carrie is a better singer. The last two weeks I admit have not been her best, but she was still good. I also don't get the whole no stage presence thing. I think she is extremely enjoyable to watch. Not that my opinion matters much but I think she is going to win this.....

05-03-05, 11:45 AM (EST)
34. "RE: Random thoughts on this week's shows"
She's enjoyable to watch because she's gorgeous. But she doesn't move around much when she sings (Pat Benatar songs excepted. )

New from Sigs by Syren!!

05-03-05, 11:58 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Dot Click to send private message to Dot Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
35. "RE: Random thoughts on this week's shows"
I agree that she needs to grow on her stage presence. But if you look at any performer when they first start out they all grow with more experience. Don't get me wrong I like Bo. Have since the beginning. But he isn't really an amateur and has been playing clubs and touring with his band for years. Carries is an amateur with a heck of alot of talent. Think she has a very bright future country or not.

05-03-05, 12:23 PM (EST)
36. "RE: Random thoughts on this week's shows"
Experience is irrelevant in this competition. The competition is for the best singer in america, in the designated age range. They do not exclude anyone for having experience in a band, on Broadway, or whatever.

The fact that Carrie is an amateur should mean nothing in the competition.

Common sense tells me that Carrie has a good chance to win.

My gut tells me that America is looking for someone fresh unlike the other idols, and that would be Bo.

We'll all see soon enough.

geekboy

05-03-05, 12:33 PM (EST)
37. "No one asked for a resume...just talent"
LAST EDITED ON 05-03-05 AT 12:35 PM (EST)

OK, buuuuttt, (Welcome Dot!!)

This isn't an amateur competition.

It's a talent contest. Singing/performing -- talent.

Who said they have to be amateurs? Why take points off Bo (or anyone) because they're experienced?

And Carrie's not 16, she's 22 -- So is she REALLY inexperienced? If so, WHY isn't she experienced? If this is the career she wants to pursue, she should have already been chasing it.
I believe that she IS experienced -- she's just dull -- a disembodied voice if you will. She's been on stage before...a school concert or a karaoke contest or even singing in her bedroom mirror.

It's not that long a learning curve -- stage presence or excitement or connection, whatever you want to call that "X Factor" that makes someone a compelling performer -- it's born, not learned. Yes, it will grow/develop/strengthen with experience & age, but if you're that dull at 22, you're just that dull. Yeah, there's such a thing as a late bloomer, but we're not voting on how good someone may be in 5 years...we're voting on how good someone is right now.

You can learn skills, you can't learn talent.

Carrie has a good voice - a good "instrument."
She also has vocal skill - she's been taught to use that instrument well.
However, she doesn't really have that X Factor - that "Za!" - that Fire!...that talent.
I think that element is even more important than the voice and the skill.

(eta - oops, didn't mean to dup Geekboy's thoughts - I take too long to write!)

05-03-05, 06:58 PM (EST)
39. "RE: No one asked for a resume...just talent"
Thanks for the welcome. It's the first time I've ever logged onto one of these messsage boards. Everyone has thier opinions and I know I'm not going to sway anyone with mine. I think she does have it and alot of people apparently agree with the votes she keeps getting.... I agree Bo is something different for American Idol and very likeable and if he wins great for him. I'll still be rooting for Carrie. One last thing please don't let the next American Idol be Scott!

05-04-05, 03:41 PM (EST)
44. "RE: Random thoughts on this week's shows"
LAST EDITED ON 05-04-05 AT 03:43 PM (EST)

But she doesn't move around much when she sings...

Well NB Carrie did move pretty well during that first song last night. (But she still doesn't have that certain something - I call it "the ability to electrify".)

05-04-05, 04:21 PM (EST)
45. "RE: Random thoughts on this week's shows"
Yes, she did do a better job last night.

New from Sigs by Syren!!

cambo 286 desperate attention whore postings

05-04-05, 01:40 AM (EST)
Click to EMail cambo Click to send private message to cambo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
40. "RE: Random thoughts on this week's shows"
This season isn't as fun to watch because you already know Carrie's gonna win. She's never been in the bottom three despite having subpar performances. I don't understand how she's skating through so easy. She can sing, but it's not like she's leaps and bounds above Bo and Vonzell, both of whom have tasted the bottom three.

05-04-05, 09:29 AM (EST)
41. "RE: Carrie"
However, she doesn't really have that X Factor - that "Za!" - that Fire!...that talent. ...I think that element is even more important than the voice and the skill.

She can sing, but it's not like she's leaps and bounds above Bo and Vonzell, both of whom have tasted the bottom three.

Right. Carrie doesn't have that certain star quality that makes her a star, even though she's very talented.

Bo has that. It's called charisma, though even Bo could use a little more charisma. I did like his demeanor last night while standing next to Ryan: fresh, open, eyes straight into the camera, quiet.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •