The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"American Idol Sucks!"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences American Idol General Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

ceceskylark 1 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

04-28-05, 05:44 AM (EST)
Click to EMail ceceskylark Click to send private message to ceceskylark Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"American Idol Sucks!"
Finally they have a contestant that actually looks and performs like an American Idol...and now he's out..the voting MUST be rigged. About 30 people I work with plus members of my family..tried to vote for Constantin and not one of us got through...NOT ONE!!! Yeah, the girl from OK (I'm from OK) is good and will probably have a fair country career...and a couple of others have really good voices BUT this was the year for a true idol. This has turned out to be reality rip off. I won't watch anymore, I don't care who wins, and no one will remember their name next year. American Idol Sucks!

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: American Idol Sucks! severerogue 04-28-05 1
   RE: American Idol Sucks! sc_belle 04-28-05 3
   RE: American Idol Sucks! crashstop 04-28-05 46
 RE: American Idol Sucks! geekboy 04-28-05 2
   RE: American Idol Sucks! bermudabob4561 04-28-05 4
       RE: American Idol Sucks! dragonflies 04-28-05 5
           RE: American Idol Sucks! chemig 04-28-05 21
       RE: American Idol Sucks! okaychatt 04-28-05 8
 RE: American Idol Sucks! seahorse 04-28-05 6
 RE: American Idol Sucks! Drive My Car 04-28-05 7
   RE: American Idol Sucks! okaychatt 04-28-05 10
       RE: American Idol Sucks! Drive My Car 04-28-05 12
           RE: American Idol Sucks! DontGetMeStarted 04-28-05 34
   RE: American Idol Sucks! browneyedgirl918 04-28-05 17
   RE: American Idol Sucks! AprilleW 04-30-05 52
 Singing competition Breezy 04-28-05 9
   RE: Singing competition Glow 04-28-05 11
       *grin* Breezy 04-28-05 13
   Except It's Not Devious Weasel 04-28-05 43
 RE: American Idol Sucks! shanana banana 04-28-05 14
   RE: American Idol Sucks! JOSHIDOL 04-28-05 15
       RE: American Idol Sucks! lisamoo 04-28-05 19
 RE: American Idol Sucks! mrc 04-28-05 16
   RE: American Idol Sucks! whimsey 04-29-05 49
       RE: American Idol Sucks! mrc 04-29-05 50
 RE: American Idol Sucks! lisamoo 04-28-05 18
   RE: American Idol Sucks! nativeokie 04-28-05 20
       RE: American Idol Sucks! mrc 04-28-05 22
           RE: American Idol Sucks! mhdallas 04-28-05 27
       RE: American Idol Sucks! Mr Canuck 04-28-05 45
 Constantine Screwed Up. Harrison 04-28-05 23
   RE: Constantine Screwed Up. Breezy 04-28-05 24
   RE: Constantine Screwed Up. EmpressEmmie 04-28-05 26
       RE: Constantine Screwed Up. nailbone 04-28-05 29
       RE: Constantine Screwed Up. braveheart 04-28-05 30
       RE: Constantine Screwed Up. TourGirl 04-28-05 32
           RE: Constantine Screwed Up. braveheart 04-28-05 39
               RE: Constantine Screwed Up. nailbone 04-28-05 42
 RE: American Idol Sucks! Lisapooh 04-28-05 25
   RE: American Idol Sucks! lisamoo 04-28-05 28
   RE: American Idol Sucks! Pensha26 04-28-05 31
 "Singing Competition" Reeflex7 04-28-05 33
   RE: "Singing Competition" okaychatt 04-28-05 41
   It's So Ironic... AMAI 05-03-05 53
 RE: American Idol Sucks! BriarRosie 04-28-05 35
 RE: American Idol Sucks! Ahtumbreez 04-28-05 36
   *smooch* Breezy 04-28-05 37
 RE: American Idol Sucks! iatovttotx78 04-28-05 38
 RE: American Idol Sucks! lrlr1 04-28-05 40
   No bashing other posters Bebo 04-28-05 44
 RE: American Idol Sucks! cambo 04-29-05 47
 RE: American Idol Sucks! johnnyaa 04-29-05 48
   RE: American Idol Sucks! Harrison 04-29-05 51

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

severerogue 1 desperate attention whore postings

04-28-05, 06:51 AM (EST)
Click to EMail severerogue Click to send private message to severerogue Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: American Idol Sucks!"
I agree 100%. But after a sleepless night hoping that I had imagined it all..(but I did not)..American Idol has made an enemy of me. Therefore, I intend to sabotage the show because I do BELIEVE that the two "Rockers" should have gone head to head in the final show, with the one that is out..actually winning it all!! But that dream has died. So, I imagined that American Idol ratings will go down. And, I will not watch the show any longer, but only to find out which number is Scott, and vote for him...You know why?!?!?! I am a woman scorned, and I am going to try my best to make Scott the winner and have American Idol a laughing stock, as well as, making them have their 3rd American Idol winner a recording studio's flop. Because Kelly Clarkson, has been the only real American Idol winner that has actually been able to wear that title. All the other winners are shouldhaveneverbeen winners.

sc_belle 1 desperate attention whore postings

04-28-05, 08:15 AM (EST)
Click to EMail sc_belle Click to send private message to sc_belle Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: American Idol Sucks!"
That show if a joke! This was my first and last time being sucked into the drama.

Although, I will not vote for Scott or any others. I am quiting that show cold turkey!

crashstop 12 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

04-28-05, 11:39 PM (EST)
Click to EMail crashstop Click to send private message to crashstop Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
46. "RE: American Idol Sucks!"
Time Out Time Out Time OUT!!!!
I understand why you're angry. I don't want to watch either (but because of Nadia), though, of course, I can't help myself from watching. I agree you should mess with the show and all

BUT

Don't, please don't ever vote for Scott. I mean, that is the WORST reaction possible. Don't do it! Please! Don't vote for Scott. Please, please, please.

geekboy 1788 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

04-28-05, 07:18 AM (EST)
Click to EMail geekboy Click to send private message to geekboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: American Idol Sucks!"
Lets think this over rationally, and not emotionally. If you do this, some truths appear. Re: the Scott vs. Constantine boot...

1 - Constantine had a terrible night on Tuesday. He picked a bad song, he sang it terribly, and in the end i believe he alienated a lot of his fans - fans he gained from singing "I Think I Love You", "I Can't Make You Love Me", "My Funny Valentine" and "Bohemian Rhapsody". He was on a great roll, and over two weeks it collapsed due to song selection.
2 - Scott performed better than Constantine
3 - America votes for THAT night's performance. Constantine was clearly at the bottom
4 - Scott has been more consistant stylistically than Constantine

Honestly, i can't explain to you the obviously massive fan base Scott has to be in teh top 3...but its there. IF you look back at my rankings post and bootee post i did put Constantine in teh bottom 3, but throught America would vote out Vonzell over Constantine and Scott...so go figure.

In the end, i'm not in shock like a lot of people.

geekboy

bermudabob4561 8 desperate attention whore postings

04-28-05, 08:19 AM (EST)
Click to EMail bermudabob4561 Click to send private message to bermudabob4561 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: American Idol Sucks!"
I completely agree - good point about voting on THAT nights performance, Constantine had a real shocker. I put him bottom of my rankings on Tuesday night, so based on that it makes sense that he went, and I don't think he can really have that many complaints.

No conspiracy theory is needed to explain that part of it..he was just plain bad and didn't get the votes he needed.

It is inexplicable to me too how Scott has so many fans to get him into the top 3. That I just don't understand at all, even in the cold light of day. It worries me that he might end up as the next AI.

dragonflies 8051 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

04-28-05, 08:23 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dragonflies Click to send private message to dragonflies Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: American Idol Sucks!"
I think Scott getting so many votes is a direct relation to:
1. His being the last singer and
2. Simon telling him to pack his bag.

I don't know why, but it seems many in America like to prove Simon wrong, even when he is right. All that being said, I'm not surprised Conny went home, but am saddened.

another syren masterpiece

chemig 6 desperate attention whore postings

04-28-05, 10:32 AM (EST)
Click to EMail chemig Click to send private message to chemig Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: American Idol Sucks!"
>I think Scott getting so many
>votes is a direct relation
>to:
>1. His being the last
>singer and
>2. Simon telling him to
>pack his bag.
>
>I don't know why, but it
>seems many in America like
>to prove Simon wrong, even
>when he is right.
Scott's votes may also be due, in part, to this website getting a lot of mention on some radio stations.
http://www.griffinity.com/dave/
Those who want to ruin the experience for real fans of the show are uniting to vote for Scott.
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
> >size="1"]another syren masterpiece

okaychatt 2810 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

04-28-05, 08:36 AM (EST)
Click to EMail okaychatt Click to send private message to okaychatt Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: American Idol Sucks!"
LAST EDITED ON 04-28-05 AT 08:38 AM (EST)

<It worries me that he might end up as the next AI

Right, except what fun it would be to watch the producers scramble to make the best of a bad situation. I mean, how many times can one Average Joe buy an album?

Something tells me the concert seats would be empty and sales practically non-existent. And if not, then he'd be the true AI.

It would be fun to see how the rules change (or not) for next year's AI.

So get some popcorn and a Coke and settle in for a good show, whoever ends up as AI.

Everyone is entitled to my opinion.

seahorse 14337 desperate attention whore postings

04-28-05, 08:25 AM (EST)
Click to EMail seahorse Click to send private message to seahorse Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: American Idol Sucks!"
A lot of people are saying they will not watch anymore, but my gut tells may the ratings won't be down, new viewers will watch to see what is going to happen much. Additionally individuals who post on forums like this one and Idol on Fox are the more rabid fans. Many take the results with a grain of salt.

It will be interesting to see the ratings difference between this week and next.

Handcrafted by RollDdice

Drive My Car 20045 desperate attention whore postings

04-28-05, 08:25 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Drive%20My%20Car Click to send private message to Drive%20My%20Car Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: American Idol Sucks!"
I am so distraught I can't even speak.
I called in sick to work because I am so upset over losing MY Constantine.

I disagree that Scott had a better night than ANYONE, he did not belong in the top 3. He was terrible as always.

04-28-05, 08:40 AM (EST)
Click to EMail okaychatt Click to send private message to okaychatt Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: American Idol Sucks!"
<He was terrible as always

You mean the large fellow with the thin, off-key pipes, right? Agreed in full.

Drive My Car 20045 desperate attention whore postings

04-28-05, 09:04 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Drive%20My%20Car Click to send private message to Drive%20My%20Car Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: American Idol Sucks!"
Yep, that's him. The one with the bad voice, weird facial hair and piggy little eyes.

DontGetMeStarted 880 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

04-28-05, 01:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail DontGetMeStarted Click to send private message to DontGetMeStarted Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
34. "RE: American Idol Sucks!"
Beoynce had a huge hit playing up her big booty with Bootylicious
If Scott wins he could play up his eyes with the hit Oinkalicious
If that is what America wants... I guess this IS Dubbya's America.

Ah well, historically the tides will be turning soon....

browneyedgirl918 45 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

04-28-05, 10:22 AM (EST)
Click to EMail browneyedgirl918 Click to send private message to browneyedgirl918 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: American Idol Sucks!"
As a Constantine fan myself, I refuse to quit watching the show. I'm going to vote for Bo, Carrie, Vonzell, any and all of the other contestants until that damn Scott is gone. I won't Constantine's dismissal go in vain. I'm a woman with a mission. And that mission is that Scott MUST GO!!

AprilleW 15 desperate attention whore postings

04-30-05, 11:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AprilleW Click to send private message to AprilleW Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
52. "RE: American Idol Sucks!"
LAST EDITED ON 05-03-05 AT 03:06 AM (EST)

I am a Constantine fan and very upset as I know a lot of you are. But the real concern should be shared by everyone not just those of us who have lost our fav Con...

There is something rotten in the voting process. Those of us who called in for Con know it...I called for two hours fighting busy signals all the way while a friend of mine called for Scott and got through every time. I know these stories are anecdotal but I am certain that they are also evidence of a problem.

I see people post over and over again that they can't imagine who is voting for Scott. Do you really not know? Then let me tell you...

http://www.votefortheworst.com/

and there are others like them who are determined to "fix" this contest.

None of your favorites are safe.

Breezy 18380 desperate attention whore postings

04-28-05, 08:38 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Breezy Click to send private message to Breezy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "Singing competition"
Randy has made that comment how many times?

Constantine was a good performer, yes. Good singer? No, IMHO he had the weakest vocals of those left. This weeks performance just reminded everyone of that.

Save a horse, ride a cowboy. Sigpic by Syren.

Glow 14353 desperate attention whore postings

04-28-05, 09:02 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Glow Click to send private message to Glow Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Singing competition"
And there is my Precious coming in with the voice of reason.
*smooch*

--still shocked as all get out though

04-28-05, 09:07 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Breezy Click to send private message to Breezy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "*grin*"
Why thankyou. *smooch*

Was I shocked? Yes. But does it make sense? Yes.

Devious Weasel 18756 desperate attention whore postings

04-28-05, 04:26 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Devious%20Weasel Click to send private message to Devious%20Weasel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
43. "Except It's Not"
Randy said it, but it's not true. If it were, it wouldn't be left to the audience to decide who wins. It'd be judged by professional judges, people who actually judged as opposed to commented.

It's a popularity contest, a one-week popularity contest. People are voting for whatever reason they want. And while Scott's fans are probably deluding themselves into thinking he is the better singer, he isn't - he's getting votes because of his story, not because of ability.

shanana banana 658 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

04-28-05, 09:13 AM (EST)
Click to EMail shanana%20banana Click to send private message to shanana%20banana Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: American Idol Sucks!"
I am still in shock this morning and so disappointed. I also wanted to see a head-to-head rocker finale.

I am sick of the way the voting is structured, where one bad night or one off voting night from your fans is enough to get booted. It's SO stupid and this happens every year.

I propose a new voting system. Starting with the first episode of the final 12, the lowest vote getter gets the boot. Then with week two, add the new vote total to the vote total of the previous week for each candidate, and the lowest vote getter still will go home. Etc, etc. That seems much more fair, and ensures that "upsets" like last night (and in previous seasons), where somebody who has never been in the bottom three before all of a sudden is kicked off the show, will not happen.

I *strongly* disagree that Scott outperformed Constantine this week. Personally, I thought everybody but Vonzell was pretty terrible. It was a bad week overall. But Constantine at least performed. Scott can't even do that, let alone sing well.

Gosh, I am disappointed. All I can say now is, rock on Bo! You've got all my votes now!

JOSHIDOL 275 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

04-28-05, 10:01 AM (EST)
Click to EMail JOSHIDOL Click to send private message to JOSHIDOL Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: American Idol Sucks!"
Every year we allow this show to do this to us. Nobody will ever tell me that someone who was a Constantine fan decided to vote for Fat Scott because Constantine did not do so well. Please, give me a break!!!! That is so ridiculous. This show is so rigged, I can't stand it, yet we continue to watch it.
Do you realize there were just people voting for Constantine because of his looks, etc. half of them never even heard him sing. I refuse to believe it. I am actually a BO fan but lets be real here. I think they can manipulate phone lines, its funny once again all I am hearing today is how nobody could get through to Constantine's line it was so busy, well a busy means no votes. Clay's line was busy against Ruben, George Huff's line was always busy when he went home.
This show loves controversy and we play right into their hands.
I understand Constantine had a bad night but so did Carrie, why is it her fans obviously still voted for her and I believe she actually is more hated then Constantine was.

lisamoo 4 desperate attention whore postings

04-28-05, 10:29 AM (EST)
Click to EMail lisamoo Click to send private message to lisamoo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: American Idol Sucks!"
all members of my family were able to vote for constatine last night and yes, the lines were busy and we had to keep trying and trying again. I usually wait until about an hour and a half before trying to call in however, tuesday nite was different, as I waited for about 40 minutes and then made my call. I don't know if it was busy on purpose. But, in the end result, I believe that Constatine will go far. His band already has a record deal and he handle the loss with grace. However, I think he was a bit surprised to lose out to Anthony.

mrc 10113 desperate attention whore postings

04-28-05, 10:18 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mrc Click to send private message to mrc Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: American Idol Sucks!"
I love American Idol. It is a well-organized contest to find the best singer out of millions. All of the 12 finalists are talented and deserve an album.

Yes, sometimes we are disappointed with the result. Constantine was by far the best contestant this year. He knew how to use his good looks, great hair, sexy smile, and pitch-perfect, rich voice to convey the meaning of the songs to Americans from diverse backgrounds.

But, on the other hand, Scott is just as talented. Here is a guy who has overcome years of taunting about his weight and guilt over his violent outbursts to bring to us his amazing, sexy voice and come-hither hand gestures. His rendition on Tuesday was touching. He always knows how to make the right song choice to remind people of how hard a life he has had. He truly is "White Velvet."

I could go on, but you see my point. American Idol represents all that is good about the good, ole U.S. of A. We shouldn't abandon it because we don't agree with one vote, any more than we would abandon baseball because a few guys made mistakes about steroids or basketball because of a little brawl or interior decorating because of Martha Stewart's mistake in judgment.

No, we need show our character as a people by standing behind the remaining contestants and voting for the best one remaining, even if it is with a heavy heart and tears in our eyes.

A Nefarious Dice Creation

whimsey 4411 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

04-29-05, 01:09 PM (EST)
Click to EMail whimsey Click to send private message to whimsey Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
49. "RE: American Idol Sucks!"
mrc: One of the (many) reasons I enjoy lurking the RTVW boards is that I am occasionally treated to posters who are eloquent,civilized and slightly snarky. Very well put.

whimsey

04-29-05, 02:41 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mrc Click to send private message to mrc Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
50. "RE: American Idol Sucks!"
And you, whimsey, are my new favorite person. Welcome to the craziness that is AI.

That it took someone till post #49 to notice . . . well, I'll ignore that part.

04-28-05, 10:23 AM (EST)
Click to EMail lisamoo Click to send private message to lisamoo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: American Idol Sucks!"
I can't believe it, Constantine is out! What I don't understand is how it happenend. I have never voted on american idol until this season and I was so taken in with Contstatine. I have been watching this program ever since it started. Did you notice that for the first time ever, this guy did not stand up on stage and sing his last song as all the others have done in the past? Constantine rocked out with so much grace and dignity when he went to the part of the stage located behind the judges and knelt down to his family and hugged them. In the past the losing person stands on stage and hugs all the other constestants. Why would they be hugging their competition, the competition is glad to see him go, means that they still have a shot. Constantine is a man that knows where his true values are at and that is why he went to his family first.
My prediction that it is going to be between the two girls, they both are very good. I like Bo but, I think he is to cocky and has an attitude. He is a good performer however. Scott and Anthony are amatures and will be removed over the next two weeks, then it will be Bo, thus leaving the two women to battle it out.

I understand that Constatine's band has a new record deal-I don't listen to that kind of music but I will buy it to support Constatine. I am sure that Bo's band will have a record deal waiting for them too.

I hope for Constatine to have very much success in his musical caree

nativeokie 1 desperate attention whore postings

04-28-05, 10:30 AM (EST)
Click to EMail nativeokie Click to send private message to nativeokie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: American Idol Sucks!"
I believe Scott continuing on is based in part on the following website.

http://www.griffinity.com/dave/

Foxnews even talked about the site yesterday. Scott is horrible just horrible both in singing and in his personal life. Even his parents could not find anything nice to say about him.

04-28-05, 10:37 AM (EST)
22. "RE: American Idol Sucks!"
This site is an outrage! I take back everything I said above!!! American Idol is a rip-off if people like "lil John Weener" are allowed to disrupt the regular voting process!!!

mhdallas 165 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

04-28-05, 11:53 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mhdallas Click to send private message to mhdallas Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
27. "RE: American Idol Sucks!"
I'm not sure if AI is rigged or not, but I do think the voting system has to change. One person,one vote should be the only way to do it. There's no way there's that many people actually voting for Scott's sorry butt - he's been at the bottom of every survey/poll taken on the contestants, and his performances during the last several weeks have been atrocious. He will NEVER make it as a singer because, while his voice may have a few redeeming qualities at times, his personality and appearance are so offensive that his face on a CD cover will only insure that more people watch TV. His voice just isn't good enough to compensate for his lack of charisma or performing abilities.

On the other hand, Constantine is already a star (his former band's CD is tearing up the charts on Amazon and hasn't even been released yet)and will undoubtedly do better than most of the other contestants, regardless of who wins. His performance was definitely not the worst one Tuesday (I actually enjoyed it - He IS a rocker, not just a 'crooner'.)and he DID NOT deserve to be voted out. He'll be fine, though.

I sincerely hope that Bo wins (esp. now with C gone), but have a feeling the judges (one in particular) may be pushing for a Carrie win, which would be sickening. The world already has Trisha Yearwood - do we need another one?

Anwar, Nikko, and definitely Constantine - all should've outlasted Scott and the fact that they didn't really raises flags about this whole contest. I won't be watching next week in protest of Constantine's boot - but if Scott continues after that, I won't be watching ever again.

Mr Canuck 96 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

04-28-05, 05:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Mr%20Canuck Click to send private message to Mr%20Canuck Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
45. "RE: American Idol Sucks!"
Yeah, I was shocked that Scott made it in the top three (Altough I'm not allowed to vote...wrong side of the border and all). But I think that site is hilarious... And if it snowballs I can see it throwing a major monkey wrench in the producer's plan... Mind You I'll never buy an AI CD, or Canadian Idol CD for that matter... Still a fun show to watch and bash (especialy the judges comments)

One day I'm gonna own a big sports bar!

Harrison 173 desperate attention whore postings

04-28-05, 11:21 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Harrison Click to send private message to Harrison Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "Constantine Screwed Up."
Constantine just picked a lousy time to be awful...and yeah, he was awful this week.

He screeched out a version of a song which was very well known to the voters (most young listeners of FM Top 40).
And, while I'm not a big fan of the original, Constantine's version paled by comparison.

More screaming than singing.
He tried to substitute attitude for talent (a hallmark of more successful "rockers") and it didn't pan out for him because this isn't the venue for it.
And he should have known it.

AI's voting audience isn't the same group that goes to see Punk on the weekend at CBGB.
Constantine tried to salvage some "cred" and it blew up in his face.

Constantine is better suited for "Pop" than he wants to believe.
He can't pull off the "bad rocker" image that his tedious facial expressions seemed to reach for.

He was David Cassidy wanting to be Jim Morrison and he just ended up going home.

04-28-05, 11:28 AM (EST)
24. "RE: Constantine Screwed Up."
Very well put.

That's part of the trouble of having a "current" theme.

EmpressEmmie 15 desperate attention whore postings

04-28-05, 11:40 AM (EST)
Click to EMail EmpressEmmie Click to send private message to EmpressEmmie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
26. "RE: Constantine Screwed Up."
Yeah... it was a poor performance and I've been a Constantine fan from day one... but did he really have to go home THIS week??? *sniff sniff* I thought for certain he'd atleast make the top 4... but to be beaten out by Scott?? Why?? I don't know about rigged... but you gotta admit, there's something fishy about Constantine NEVER being in the bottom 3, he's a judge and fan favorite, with more posts than ANYONE else (including judges) on the AI on Fox "official" site... then his band comes out with a CD and poof! He's out of the running?

Co-winkie-dink... or consipiracy???? Hmmmmm......

nailbone 27263 desperate attention whore postings

04-28-05, 12:25 PM (EST)
Click to EMail nailbone Click to send private message to nailbone Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
29. "RE: Constantine Screwed Up."
with more posts than ANYONE else (including judges) on the AI on Fox "official" site

But didn't he come in really low (like single digit percentage) in a "Who do you want to win" poll on that site? Somebody posted it on here yesterday.

New from Sigs by Syren!!

Keep lookin' up, cuz that's where it all is. o-

braveheart 104 desperate attention whore postings

04-28-05, 12:29 PM (EST)
Click to EMail braveheart Click to send private message to braveheart Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
30. "RE: Constantine Screwed Up."
I have to agree that Connie screwed up on Tuesday. I believe he tries too hard to be a Rocker and compete with Bo. Bo has a Rocker's voice, edgy, rugged looks and attitude, whereas Consantine has more of a Broadway voice with a sweet appearance.

I feel Constantine should have been gone weeks ago. His songs were mostly ballads and when he tried a harder song it just didn't fit him. Yes Connie is a pretty good crooner but he can't really compete with the polished style and voice of Bo, or Carrie for that matter. I feel even Scott has more range than Constantine. I also feel they both chose very bad songs to sing. Good luck to Constantine and his contract...but I feel he will produce "fluffy" rock.

My final 2 prediction is Bo and Carrie.

Braveheart

TourGirl 98 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

04-28-05, 01:03 PM (EST)
Click to EMail TourGirl Click to send private message to TourGirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
32. "RE: Constantine Screwed Up."
OK, here's my conspiracy theory to add, which I don't think anyone has brought up yet. I actually think it was Constantine that was involved, NOT American Idol. Like you said, is it a coincidence that his band's CD is coming out soon? I doubt it. If Constantine had won American Idol, where would that have left his band? Without a lead singer, that's where! I seriously doubt there was any way he could have gotten a record deal with the band...he would've won American Idol on his own and gotten a solo deal. As much as it may have seemed that he was OK with this, I don't think he wanted to win in the end at all. I think it was all a publicity stunt for his band, which worked! He was on Idol long enough to get some decent exposure and even mentioned his band's name on the air (I think), now they have a CD coming out. How would they have promoted it with Constantine still on the show?!? I think Constantine deliberately picked a song that would alienate his fans (Nickelback), knowing that he needed to get kicked off the show soon. Honestly, I'm a HUGE Constantine fan, but when I heard that he had picked that horrible Nickelback song, I said I had lost all respect for him. NYC rock bands are notorious for being "real," and I'm sorry, but any true rock band (or fan)does NOT like Nickelback (they were played on pop radio more than rock radio)! So I think Constantine got his wish: he got publicity for himself and his band, got a record deal, and doesn't have to sign a solo deal with American Idol. What more could a rocker ask for?!?

Sara

braveheart 104 desperate attention whore postings

04-28-05, 03:05 PM (EST)
Click to EMail braveheart Click to send private message to braveheart Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
39. "RE: Constantine Screwed Up."
Plus, isn't the winner of AI committed to a 7 year contract?
Maybe Connie didn't want that commitment.

Braveheart

nailbone 27263 desperate attention whore postings

04-28-05, 03:27 PM (EST)
Click to EMail nailbone Click to send private message to nailbone Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
42. "RE: Constantine Screwed Up."
I think the top 10 are all committed to a contract of some kind, so even if he didn't win, AI has him for awhile. Degarmo, Huff, etc. are still doing AI tours.

New from Sigs by Syren!!

Keep lookin' up, cuz that's where it all is. o-

Lisapooh 12664 desperate attention whore postings

04-28-05, 11:34 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Lisapooh Click to send private message to Lisapooh Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
25. "RE: American Idol Sucks!"
it happens every season and it sucks, but it is what it is. Constantine was really bad on Tuesday. Personally, I thought Scott was worse, because despite how screechy Constantine was - he is a compelling performer. Scott flat out blew it and just stood there swaying like the worthless lump of cellulite that he is.

But Scott's fans (or whatever they are) were motivated because tubby needed them. Constantine's fans were complacent because everyone thought he would skate through.

It sucks but it's inherent to this competition.

I was shocked, but - we were due a shocker.

04-28-05, 12:21 PM (EST)
28. "RE: American Idol Sucks!"
I agree. I never thought that Constatine was the best singer out of the 12 however, I always thought that he was the best performer. I think that what he and Bo have going for them is that they are already established well within in bands of their own. All american idol is going to do for both of those guys is carry their bands much further than they have ever dreamed of. I still think that scott and anthony are amatures and that they will probably find some type of musical career later in life, they both are much younger than Constatine and Bo. It is obvious that both men are not spring chickens when it comes to performing on stage. I have to say however, Constatine for some reason was able to pull on my heart strings and even when he was not as good as the others were, I still voted for him. Even my 18 year old son enjoyed watching him and voted for him too and I was really shocked when a few weeks ago my husband got in on the band wagon and voted for the first time and of course it was for Constatine. He has a charisma that I have never seen on ai and as an artist myself, not in the music dept., I know that in spite that one may not be able to perfect themselves in one area, they can always camouflage (spelling?) it with their best qualities and that is what Constatine is good at doing. He is able to cover his flaws with his best features, that being performing/entertaining and that is what really pulls him through.

Pensha26 772 desperate attention whore postings

04-28-05, 12:31 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Pensha26 Click to send private message to Pensha26 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
31. "RE: American Idol Sucks!"
I was shocked, but - we were due a shocker

I agree. We were all due for a shocker of a vote. It happens every time around 5 or 6 people left. Jennifer Hudson comes to mind. She didn't deserve to get the boot, but it happened. Hopefully in the end, a person worthy of AI wins this thing.

Reeflex7 187 desperate attention whore postings

04-28-05, 01:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Reeflex7 Click to send private message to Reeflex7 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
33. ""Singing Competition""
A lot of my thoughts have already been expressed by everyone else but here goes...Constantine's performance Tuesday wasn't that different from his performances early on when there were 24 finalists. His performances of "Kiss by a Rose" and "Hard to Handle" were 100 times worse than his Nickelback one, and the Police song wasn't much better. He showed zero range and not much of a nice singing voice in all of those songs. Because of that, many of us were grousing that Conny should never have made it to the final 12. Maybe he slipped through because his competition was weaker then, but this week his luck ran out.

It's ironic that he gets booted now just after he was starting to get interesting. But I'm okay with it. All things considered he was just a big slice of American cheese.

As for the bipolar voting, it is curious that he never hit the bottom three before and all of a sudden BOOM the bottom falls out. I have to think the reason is simply that Scott & Anthony stoked their fan base, and the Poster Boy for Kraft Singles didn't perform well enough to motivate his. Simon's comment to Anthony (about giving his fans what they want) turned out to be pretty prescient, IMO.

04-28-05, 03:16 PM (EST)
41. "RE: "Singing Competition""
<all of a sudden BOOM the bottom falls out. I have to think the reason is simply that Scott & Anthony stoked their fan base, and the Poster Boy for Kraft Singles didn't perform well enough to motivate his

An entirely plausible theory.

Mine is that this week was the head to head rocker competition, and Bo won. Simple as that.

AMAI 1254 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

05-03-05, 01:39 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AMAI Click to send private message to AMAI Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
53. "It's So Ironic..."
>Constantine's performance Tuesday wasn't that different from
>his performances early on when there were 24 finalists.
>His performances of "Kiss by a Rose" and "Hard to
>Handle" were 100 times worse than his Nickelback one, and
>the Police song wasn't much better. He showed zero
>range and not much of a nice singing voice in all of those
>songs. Because of that, many of us were grousing that Conny
>should never have made it to the final 12.

And those early performances? Are precisely why Vote The Worst backed Constantsuck in the early days and helped to get him into the Final 12 in the first place.

It's ironic that he became too good for VTW to support, and they switched to Scott.

It's not VTWs' fault that Connie is gone. If anything, it's their fault he was in in the first place. Connie is gone because many of his new-found fans deserted him in his hour of need.

BriarRosie 990 desperate attention whore postings

04-28-05, 01:35 PM (EST)
Click to EMail BriarRosie Click to send private message to BriarRosie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
35. "RE: American Idol Sucks!"
IMHO, Constantine was Guarini Redux. I can't say I'm sorry to see him gone. His posing and Guarinesque posturing to the cameras were nauseating.....to me. (I can see how he'd appeal to many...but not me.) I shudder to think that Constantine might have gone as far as Guarini.

I happen to love the Nickelback song he sang, but Constantine's rendition was fingernails on a chalkboard to me. He butchered it, a horrible song choice for him.

I'm a Bo fan, can't you tell?

As for Scott, he was also at the bottom of my list, but he was only slightly above Constantine in my estimation, but not by much. I want Scott gone next.

I'm with Glow. I'm a Bo Ho.

Ahtumbreez 10456 desperate attention whore postings

04-28-05, 02:33 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Ahtumbreez Click to send private message to Ahtumbreez Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
36. "RE: American Idol Sucks!"
Didn't get to watch but you mean this year's Justin Guarini is gone. Imagine that!

TummyBreez

a beautiful kyngsladye original
today's hit and run post

04-28-05, 02:37 PM (EST)
37. "*smooch*"
And what a great hit and run post!

Miss ya babe!

iatovttotx78 2645 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

04-28-05, 02:54 PM (EST)
Click to EMail iatovttotx78 Click to send private message to iatovttotx78 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
38. "RE: American Idol Sucks!"
I said about the same thing a few weeks ago when Nadia was voted off. Then I thought them again last week when we said goodbye to Anwar, and I'll echo your setiment this week. WTF is America thinkiing. What are they smoking. Turn up the bell tones and actually listen to the fat bastard "sing"

Scott= no talent. Get him off the show NOW!!

~Tim~

Thanks to Rolly for legalizing my mouse!
fighting for peace is like fvcking for virginity.

lrlr1 512 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

04-28-05, 03:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail lrlr1 Click to send private message to lrlr1 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
40. "RE: American Idol Sucks!"
Kelly Clarkson a Recording Star?! Hey Steverogue! What color is the sky in YOUR world? LOL

Bebo 21083 desperate attention whore postings

04-28-05, 04:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Bebo Click to send private message to Bebo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
44. "No bashing other posters"
You are entitled to your opinion, but you do not have the right to bash him for expressing his. It's against the community guidelines.

cambo 286 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

04-29-05, 03:37 AM (EST)
Click to EMail cambo Click to send private message to cambo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
47. "RE: American Idol Sucks!"
Why is everyone so bent out of shape? Every season there's a contestant that gets booted in favor of another one that's worn their welcome.

Remember Nikki McKibbin got further than Tamyra Gray and Jasmine Trias beat out LaToya London.

johnnyaa 19 desperate attention whore postings

04-29-05, 11:16 AM (EST)
Click to EMail johnnyaa Click to send private message to johnnyaa Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
48. "RE: American Idol Sucks!"
This show has two main goals: #1 to rake in millions for Fox & #2 to entertain.
The voting situation is a joke. The major flaw is that given the chance to vote on anything half the American people will show their ignorance and biases. Throw in the factors of individuals voting multiple times and inabilities to get through to vote and you've got a system that generates results that are ridiculous.
But hey! That's entertainment! And we'll be back again in the Fall in front of the tube regardless as to whether Scott savol is the next American Idol (gag).

Harrison 173 desperate attention whore postings

04-29-05, 03:15 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Harrison Click to send private message to Harrison Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
51. "RE: American Idol Sucks!"
"This show has two main goals: #1 to rake in millions for Fox & #2 to entertain."

Number$ 1,2 and 3 are ratings.
Number 4 is stimulated record $ales in the future.

Then comes "entertainment", at a distant 5th.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •