The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"What will the IC be ?"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

TechNoir 9741 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

04-30-01, 06:41 PM (EST)
Click to EMail TechNoir Click to send private message to TechNoir Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"What will the IC be ?"
We have speculated about the winner with full knowledge that the winner
will determine who stays and who goes. But there has been very little talk
about the nature of the challenge.

So here goes ... pure speculation based on very little. We have no photos ..
perhaps because MB wants to hide information or perhaps because there is
very little to see. So I want to propose

"How much do you know about the other survivors?" recycled from S1.

This wouldn't be much to look at, but would give Tina (and maybe even Keith,
although he is such a narcissist that I doubt he knows much about anybody
other than Keith) a shot at staying until the end. Colby may be popular,
but folks don't want him to be a shoo in. And a bit of tension would make
for better TV. (Gotta keep folks on board for S3 after all.) And, reasoning
backwards, of course ... those two guys in the final two certainly would make
for a dull evening's entertainment.

Anybody else up for a little speculation ?

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: What will the IC be ? Minstrel 04-30-01 1
 Ic speculation; TINA WINS??? sleeeve 04-30-01 2
   Preview Vid Caps IceCat 04-30-01 3
       RE: Preview Vid Caps idiotcowboy 04-30-01 6
       RE: Preview Vid Caps sleeeve 04-30-01 7
           RE: Preview Vid Caps IceCat 04-30-01 8
           Not Kucha... it's Ogakor sleeeve 04-30-01 9
   RE: Ic speculation; TINA WINS??? idiotcowboy 04-30-01 4
   RE: Ic speculation; TINA WINS??? Minstrel 04-30-01 5
       RE: Rite of Passage before IC? Outfrontgirl 05-01-01 10
           RE: Rite of Passage before IC? Minstrel 05-01-01 11
               RE: Rite of Passage before IC? Outfrontgirl 05-01-01 12
                   RE: Rite of Passage before IC? Minstrel 05-01-01 14
   What is the IC? Loree 05-01-01 15
       Wildly speculating here Mumbo Jumbo 05-02-01 16
 RE: What will the IC be ? aymelek 05-01-01 13
   RE: What will the IC be ? aymelek 05-02-01 17

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Minstrel 422 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

04-30-01, 07:50 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Minstrel Click to send private message to Minstrel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: What will the IC be ?"
Technoir, I agree we have little to go on about the final IC except that MB likes to repeat things. I see it as being more than mental. Perhaps a combination. There is just too much time to fill and what is MB going to do? Have us watch grass grow?

Actually, I like the combination of a mental and physical/endurance situation. Wild speculation of course, but MB could run a quiz as you suggest and have the results render a stagger to a race such as a head start might be. At least that would take more air time and also combine more aspects of the game overall.

sleeeve 3456 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

04-30-01, 08:11 PM (EST)
Click to EMail sleeeve Click to send private message to sleeeve Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "Ic speculation; TINA WINS???"
First of all, let me restate some of the information that we have about possible IC scenarios for this week:

1) In the S2 Field Guide, there is a picture of someone rock climbing/rappeling the face of the cliff beside the waterfall at TC.

2) There is a rumor of a "crazy canoe race" to take place between the final three. This came from a person that camped out in the vicinity of S2, and watched the action. Originally, this was accompanied by a picture of someone in a canoe, which has since been revealed as a crew member... the crew used inflatable canoes to travel between the contestant's camp and the crew headquarters.

3) In S1, there was a challenge in which the contestants had to answer questions about the jury members.

4) MB has two frickin' hours of TV to fill... a simple "know your fellow jury members" quiz will not be enough... this IC is gonna be big!

5) MB is the producer of eco-challenge.

So, how do you combine all of this?

As I described in the bar, last night, I see an eco-challenge-type race... canoes, rapelling, hiking etc. Contestants are given a map, and told to start... when they get to a point on the map, they meet a jury member, who asks them a question. (Ex: "What is my oldest daughter's name?") If the contestant correctly answers the question, they are given a map to the next survivor (who has the next question). If they answer incorrectly, they are given a map to a random location, where they will find the map to the next survivor, as well as the correct answer (Ex: They get to a post in the woods which reads "His daughter's name is Jane. Here is the map to find Alicia."). The first contestant to reach the final point (probably tribal council) wins immunity and gets to cast the only vote at the TC. Please note that this was utter speculation, and if this happens, I will personally admit that I am Jesus, who works for the Boston Herald and is a member of team Ellipsiiis... I do not expect this to play out exactly as I have described, but something similar might be in the works... or it could be something completely different... you asked for speculation, so I gave it to you... hoping that the Early Show will give us a clue on Thursday...

However, even without the information, I think that we can still make some inferences about who wins. The following is a vidcap from the preview for next week, and with it is an enlargement... both of them provided by bungler:

Here, we see the final three contestants arriving at what appears to be Tribal Counsel (three torches lit)... Neither of the contestants in front appear to be wearing the immunity necklace, which means that the person in back must have it.

The person on the right (dark shirt) appears to be wearing Colby's hat, but I think that I can see a gray beard, so I think that it is Keith. The person on the left appears to be wearing the Barramundi scarf tied around his/her head... since Colby usually does this, I think that this person is Colby...

That means that the person in back is Tina... but it is difficult to tell if she is wearing the necklace... the majority of her body is blocked, but I'm willing to take a gamble and say that Tina wins IC...

(Please note... this was compiled by me from about 600 theories over at SS.com... I cannot give credit to all of them, but I took elements of many that seemed most logical to me, and added a little of my own speculation, and voila... Tina wins IC)...

Who needs to know what the final IC is, when we can figure out who wins from the vidcaps!!!

IceCat 17415 desperate attention whore postings

04-30-01, 08:32 PM (EST)
Click to EMail IceCat Click to send private message to IceCat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "Preview Vid Caps"
LAST EDITED ON 04-30-01 AT 08:40 PM (EST)

I first posted this under Ayak's 'Shake it Off...' thread. I think it got buried in the thread and, since you are bringing up these frames, I thought I throw this back out.

When I saw this first frame I thought that it was the final three approaching TC with Colby and Keith in the lead:

Paratrooper's caps are a little more clear and the immunity necklace does appear to be around Colby's neck. The clip is short enough to be an ideal candidate for a little digital manipulation, so we can't really trust that this at all.

Upon closer examination, however, I saw that the person next to Colby wasn't wearing any clothes that I had seen Keith wear before.

So I thought that they were having all the tribe members come in together for the final TC and I thought, at first, that this frame showed that:

Here's the weird thing... I can only see 8 torches and 8 heads...

If I am not mistaken, there should be 9 contestants (jury + judged) for the final TC:

Alicia, Jerri, Nick , Amber, Rodger, Liz, Colby, Keith, and Tina

Here's my thought... MB is not going to make a mistake, but he would just love to fire one or two last red herrings across our bows...

Notice how prominently positioned Colby (head #8) is this shot (right foreground)... is this a staged production shot with one person missing (the winner?) and Colby in front to make us take Colby off our final two list? Sounds like something MB would do if one particular contestant had domiminated the challenges for 3 episodes in a row and was about to steam roll into the final two.

There are two seamingly contradictory depictions here... Colby wins final immunity (the immunity necklace shot) and gets to pick his choice of final two competition yet loses anyway (the 8 standing together shot).

My feeling is that MB is centering his disinformation around the Colby character. This leads me to believe that Colby is, therefore, the most likely winner.

At the very least... I've provided a numbered head shot to aid in discussion.

IceCat

idiotcowboy 1135 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

04-30-01, 08:43 PM (EST)
Click to EMail idiotcowboy Click to send private message to idiotcowboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Preview Vid Caps"
if the paratrooper shot is right.. it looks like Colby might just win another one, or it could be that nice little texas flag his mama brought him

-ICB

*dang you icecat I looked for a good 10 minutes finding your original post with that pic only for you to repost it on this thread... while I was looking*

04-30-01, 08:46 PM (EST)
Click to EMail sleeeve Click to send private message to sleeeve Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Preview Vid Caps"
Thanks IceCat...

You appear to be right... the Immunity necklace seems to be around the neck of the person with the dark shirt.

Another thought is that this might be as they leave TC after voting out Lizzy...

As for the headshots... I think that these are from the original tribes...

This shot shows either the eight original members of Ogakor or the eight original members of Kucha.

I think that they took these production shots as each tribe first visited TC.

I think it might be Kucha... head shots sorta look like:
1) Jeff
2) Rodger
3) Alicia
4) Nick
5) Kimmi
6) Debb
7) Lizzy
8) Mike

I'm pretty sure that 3) is Alica... but I actually think 1) MIGHT be Mitchell... anyway... I think that a photo of 8 has little relevance at this point...

IceCat 17415 desperate attention whore postings

04-30-01, 09:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail IceCat Click to send private message to IceCat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Preview Vid Caps"
Neither photo, on it's own, is proof of anything... the fact that Colby is featured prominently in both photos and the dominant interpretation of each appears to be at odds with the other leads me to believe that MB is deliberately attempting to disseminate disinformation with respect to Colby specifically.

He is trying to create a cloud of confusion around the Colby character. To paraphrase the bard... 'me thinks he doth obfuscate too much!' This much effort to confuse the audience with respect to Colby leads me to believe that he Colby wins it.

It's the best evidence that I can think of...

Of course, other people will be saying, well if IceCat is picking Colby...

...he can't possibly win! (a whole different kind of spoiler )

04-30-01, 09:06 PM (EST)
9. "Not Kucha... it's Ogakor"
Okay... I said it was Kucha earlier, but I now think that it's Ogakor... I realized that Face #2 was wearing the Mad Dog Cap and that Face #6 was wearing Keith's gray cap, so I now think that the faces are:

1) Mitchell
2) Mad Dog
3) Tina
4) Kel (Kinda ironic that he's a loner in the group photo)...
5) Jerri
6) Keith
7) Amber
8) Colby

Now, as to why Colby is featured, I think it's because he's a camera hog... they probably showed this pic in the last preview because it features Ogakor, and that's all that's left in the game...

I think that the photo was taken the night that Kel was booted, so it's unlikely that they intentionally posed the group with Colby prominent because they thought that he would win.

idiotcowboy 1135 desperate attention whore postings

04-30-01, 08:34 PM (EST)
Click to EMail idiotcowboy Click to send private message to idiotcowboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Ic speculation; TINA WINS???"
LAST EDITED ON 04-30-01 AT 08:37 PM (EST)

jinx icecat

<removed redundant inforamtion since icecat is too damn fast >

-ICB

04-30-01, 08:34 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Minstrel Click to send private message to Minstrel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Ic speculation; TINA WINS???"
I like the speculation on the final IC!! That would be really a good final!

As for the pics, I agree it looks like Colby on the right and he doesn't have the necklace on. To me that means he's booted since I don't think either Keith or Tina want to face him in the final. However, I don't know that I agree with you that Keith is next to Colby. It looks as if the entrance is sloped meaning the person behind may be lower in grade than the leaders. For some reason the face in the back looks like Keith with his hat on. Also, the person to the left looks to have breasts judging from the break in the shirt/jacket they are wearing.

Also, Keith tends to be the loner recently and may be lagging behind regardless. But it also looks as if the person behind does not have the necklace on either. There is a line down the middle that does not seem to be broken. Could none of them be wearing the necklace? My guess from this is Keith is behind Tina and Keith and won immunity and is thinking who he wants with him.

Outfrontgirl 6830 desperate attention whore postings

05-01-01, 00:54 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Outfrontgirl Click to send private message to Outfrontgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Rite of Passage before IC?"
LAST EDITED ON 05-01-01 AT 02:08 AM (EST)

Nature of IC--not physical unless CBS/MB telling BIG LIE.

As I posted on another thread, the CBS affiliate here runs a recap of each show on the late news after it airs, and the newscasters closed by commenting on Colby's run of winning, and then saying "the producers (of Survivor) tell us that the last immunity challenge will not be a physical one, so that Colby will not necessarily have a better chance to win."

It's possible that only the clause that the challenge won't be physical was quoted from the producers (and the part about Colby was commentary by the newscaster); I couldn't tell because it was all one sentence--like reporting rather than editorializing. It doesn't really matter; there was an assurance the IC ain't physical.

Now I don't exactly trust the producers, but that's a big lie to put out to the audience if the IC were to include any cliff-repelling, canoe racing, etc.. It seems clear that there's been enough outcry that Colby has had too much advantage (even for Paired Off, because he would theoretically be sharper because better fed after winning the physical RC). I think that MB has to make the playing field seem level for the last IC.

I think an endurance test qualifies as at least partly physical, as the weaker ones won't be able to endure as long

Comments on vidcaps
My sense of the pics of the 3 are that Colby's on the right with the blue shirt he wore last episode, his hat, and the immunity necklace on. This need not mean anything about who wins immunity, if the IC takes place at TC. Of course Colby will arrive wearing the necklace, because he won last time.

In Survivor One, the quiz IC was called "Fallen Comrades," was all about previous bootees rather than anyone still in the running, and it was held at TC for good reason, so that the jury could judge whether the contestants cared enough about the people they'd booted to learn details about them.

It makes total sense to repeat this challenge, or a variation, that will confront the final 3 with the jury (last time Final 4). I do think Tina could win this just as Kelley did. As a home nurse, she probably does a lot of listening to others and has practiced the skill in the Outback in her role as Mom. Colby would be my second pick.

Rite of Passage as Time-filler for 2 hour Show?
In Survivor 1, the last IC was preceded by the walking on coals rite of passage, which was not part of the IC. All the physical events mentioned above could be rite of passage elements relating to the Outback. As MB put it in his book, the walking on coals was both a spiritual test and an answer to the question, what would you do to win a million? Would you do this crazy thing? Of course, they will.

After that, they could come to TC and do a quiz IC. According to Zap2It, there's one final TC in which the three will be whittled down to three, and then the winner is chosen by jury.
Has anyone heard any other version of the structure?

For some reason I thought there would be one TC for the elimination and a second one for jury voting; I probably got that impression from what Jeff told them last episode, but I'm too lazy to watch it again, so if anyone knows, that would be helpful.

As for how the rest of the time will be filled--
don't forget, they'll be very, very ****** (censored due to Shakes) because they'll have run out of rice and rewards, and don't think we won't hear about that ad nauseum... Oh, yeah, and they're thinking a lot more about going back to civilization and we definitely have to hear about how it's been a life-changing experience for everyone...

Edited after reading Zap2It.

05-01-01, 02:18 AM (EST)
11. "RE: Rite of Passage before IC?"
Outfrontgirl: good thinking there! The only thing that I would like to add is the symbolism of the immunity idol. Holding that and then letting go. Somehow, the idol should be incorporated.
The Rites Of Passage was fine and maybe there will be something along the lines of aborigine lore. Still, there will have to be some sort of filler stuff about the survivors. I really don't want to see recaps again. That sucked.

Outfrontgirl 6830 desperate attention whore postings

05-01-01, 02:45 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Outfrontgirl Click to send private message to Outfrontgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Rite of Passage before IC?"
Minstrel,
I agree about the immunity idol's symbolism. I'm not sure how MB will fit it all in though, with only one challenge left! That (holding on to idol) was a pretty interesting challenge in S1 because of the way Hatch just dropped out, and the way Kelly, the alliance outsider, was clearly going to outlast the others.

It's hard for me to imagine any of these 3 dropping out, after the way Tina and Keith stuck to those poles. I'm sure Colby has the determination too, so maybe MB just decided it would be endless.

I also hope there aren't recaps! I do expect to get a lot of each person's point-of-view about their competition and their strategy. If you compare it to last year, this episode is shy one challenge and one TC--so that's the amount of time to be filled. Last time, only Soozin made a real speech. This time, we could have up to 7 speeches (not that I think they'll be very long, except maybe Jerri) plus two arguments from the Final 2. It is frustrating not to have a real preview!

05-01-01, 01:29 PM (EST)
14. "RE: Rite of Passage before IC?"
Outfrontgirl, I agree I don't see why anyone would drop out either. But I can see a combination immunity final using mental and physical aspects, just that we don't have any new information! I hope something comes out soon!

Loree 8616 desperate attention whore postings

05-01-01, 03:04 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Loree Click to send private message to Loree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "What is the IC?"
I can see them using the Fallen Comrades-type quiz as part of the IC. I just can't see it being the whole challenge. Maybe they will have to do several challenges and they get points for each. The person that ends with the most points wins immunity. The quiz could be part of it. Maybe it will be done like a scavenger hunt? Answer a question and get a key? Maybe a key is needed to open a certain box with the immunity necklace in it. I don't know. Right now the ideas are endless.

I agree that I don't want alot of recaps. We had a whole show of recaps. So we don't need them now. I want all new stuff in this final 2 hour show.

Mumbo Jumbo 270 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

05-02-01, 07:57 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Mumbo%20Jumbo Click to send private message to Mumbo%20Jumbo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "Wildly speculating here"
I was looking at the "Got Milk" ad on the bashers board and cracking wise when it hit me that this ad would make a lot more sense if the final IC did have something to do with being locked in a box. I don't think they would bury them up to their necks in the dirt, but does anyone remember those early rumors about an IC in a coffin-type box going on for thirty plus hours. Those ad people are usually pretty sharp and would love to tie their ad to the storyline, if possible. This would also confirm the IC not based on strength rumors.

I know this is kind of out there but...

aymelek 1220 desperate attention whore postings

05-01-01, 08:49 AM (EST)
Click to EMail aymelek Click to send private message to aymelek Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: What will the IC be ?"
Could this maybe be the IC from last week as C/T/K were walking from TC? Or is it that there's 4 torches and not 3 & Elizabeth is hiding in there somewhere? (I personally see more than 3 torches.)I agree that Colby on the right is wearing the immunity necklace, but does anyone have last week on tape to check & see what clothes they were wearing at TC so we can discount that it may be last week's episode?

Either way, I don't see a Colby/Tina final 2. I believe strongly that both Tina & Colby know their best chances of winning are with Keith. Colby did mention last week his only loyalty is with Tina, but is having trouble with his conscious as to whom to vote off. However he didn't have any trouble whatsoever ditching Lis & Rodger, because he wants the money. Period. So my bet is that all bets are off now & we'll see either a C/K or T/K final 2.

aymelek 1220 desperate attention whore postings

05-02-01, 02:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail aymelek Click to send private message to aymelek Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: What will the IC be ?"
OK, I'm going to be lame & not only respond to my own post, but answer my own question. How much of an attention whore am I??!?

This picture above is not a spoiler telling us Colby won final immunity. I went to the survivor site & watched the tapes of the votes being cast against Lis from C/K/T since none of YOU helped me . They are wearing the exact same clothes as in this picture, meaning it's a picture of them leaving TC that night. With one exception: in the movie of Tina casting her vote, she's wearing a black shirt with a white jacket/shirt around her waist, which she must have been put on on the way home. Colby has on the immunity necklace of course. So there's still a chance the momolestor doesn't win immunity.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •