The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Never EVER again"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Average Joe Forum (Protected)
Original message

GuysWatchToo 2 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

12-09-03, 01:18 AM (EST)
Click to EMail GuysWatchToo Click to send private message to GuysWatchToo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Never EVER again"
Okay, so I got sucked in. It was a unique forum to say the least. The show actually turned out to be pretty damned intriguing. I even found myself as giddy as a schoolgirl during the last half hour of the finally. Only to be shown that everything that I was lead to believe was false.

I can't stand being tricked. This whole time, the producers/editors would have us believe that this Melana chick was so in touch with the notion of inner beauty. She even went as far as to dress up as an unattractive girl to see what the reaction would be.

In my opinion, this is the complete opposite of what she is all about. Sure, that Jason was a good looking guy, but my girlfriend and I said the same thing, there are 100 "Jasons" at every bar in America. Pretty, nice young guys who have no future.
And here she meets a 1 in a million type of guy, one that connects with her on all levels, and she STILL goes for the prissy kid who has only sexual attraction in common with her...oh, and bronze booties.

I guess I gave that girl WAY too much credit.

Here is a little scorecard for those who didn't keep score at home...

Adam: Great guy, loved by everyone, constant fun and energy, loads of money, best personality anyone could hope to EVER find in ANYONE.
Jason: Pretty. Looks like a puppy. Lives at home with mom, waits tables, has no personality that I could discern, never laughed, always serious.

Well, so much for making a judgement based on whats inside, huh Melana.

Anyway, NBC just lost a reality show viewer. I turned it off after she said the words "fly away with me"

Seriously though, how long before money and distance are an issue? Stupid girl.

I know this was incoherant at best, but I want to express my loathing for this girl and this show and how it actually made me angry. I never watched any of those Joe Millionaire or The Bachelor, or anything. This is the first and last one of these (sur)reality dating shows that I invest any time in.

Thanks.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Never EVER again teevideot 12-09-03 1
 RE: Never EVER again teevideot 12-09-03 2
 RE: Never EVER again Chris 12-09-03 3
   RE: Never EVER again ego 12-09-03 5
       RE: Never EVER again Chris 12-09-03 7
       RE: Never EVER again EnglProf 12-09-03 8
 RE: Never EVER again noahailee 12-09-03 4
 RE: Never EVER again Conan O Bryan 12-09-03 6

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

teevideot 6 desperate attention whore postings

12-09-03, 02:08 AM (EST)
Click to EMail teevideot Click to send private message to teevideot Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Never EVER again"
I'm with you all the way, GuysWatchToo!

You said it perfectly. We've been tricked, manipulated, used. Just like the Joes when they came home thinking they just had a great date with Melena. She is some kind of great actress to make all of us and all of them think there was any kind of chance that any of the Joes would prevail.

But all the coy smiles and edited comments in the world are not going to fool me (or my husband, or my female divorced friend, or our gay male friend, or any of our other friends who were drawn in) into watching AJ2. It could have been something to cheer for and relate to, but now it's clear that the producers are going for painful, depressing, hopeless, and degrading, and let's not forget shallow. But then again, the producers themselves have to be part of the popular crowd. Nobody who could actually relate to the show's heart would stab it in such a way.

America, send a message to the producers that we're not shallow, heartless morons, even if they think we are. And that they screwed up a good idea.

teevideot 6 desperate attention whore postings

12-09-03, 03:23 AM (EST)
Click to EMail teevideot Click to send private message to teevideot Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Never EVER again"
Just wanted to make sure you knew I replied to you, under "AJ Producers killed their own show!"

Btw, you're a very clever writer. I laughed out loud (too loudly for this time of night in my house) when I read your descriptions of the guys' characteristics. Jason DID look like a puppy!!!

teevideot

Chris 20 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

12-09-03, 03:41 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Chris Click to send private message to Chris Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Never EVER again"
Wow, I took it the complete opposite way. Personally, I enjoyed the show. As for your descriptions of the guys...seem to be a little extreme. Your fondness for Adam, and your apparant distaste for Jason, reflects in your grand applause and elaboration on every one of Adam's characteristics, and the dumbed-down/oversimplified details of Jason. I personally can't wait to watch AJ2.

ego 100 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

12-09-03, 04:33 AM (EST)
Click to EMail ego Click to send private message to ego Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Never EVER again"
Don't you think they promoted the show in a way that we would be lead to believe that the average joe would get the girl? The polls on the fan boards show that fans were rooting for Adam. I believe that they edited to make us see Adam as having great attributes, whereas with Jason, we didn't even know what he was going to college for (or did I miss that?).

Of course people are going to be upset, it's like your favorite team losing a game.

Chris 20 desperate attention whore postings

12-09-03, 04:41 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Chris Click to send private message to Chris Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Never EVER again"
No, I don't think NBC promoted it in a way that led people to believe that Adam would win. I believe that they promoted it in a way that was very clever and caught many demographics. The truth is they probably knew it was going to come down to one average joe and one new guy. To someone just tuning in, someone not following closely, or even someone who is an adamant viewer, there seems to already be an unfairness that comes about due to the appearance factor. To make up for that and to make the final decision less obvious, they had to promote the average joe in a manner in which the viewer would believe he would have a better chance. If it just came down to an average joe with average personality vs. a good looking guy with average personality, there would be no mystery as to the final choice. The show was edited in such a manner so that the viewer would continue watching to see the final outcome.

They didn't make it seem like Adam would win, they merely "leveled the playing field", so to speak.

EnglProf 888 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

12-09-03, 09:40 AM (EST)
Click to EMail EnglProf Click to send private message to EnglProf Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Never EVER again"
whereas with Jason, we didn't even know what he was going to college for (or did I miss that?)

Yes, you missed that. He wants to be a weatherman, get it? Jason Storm. And I'm not joking.

noahailee 2 desperate attention whore postings

12-09-03, 04:21 AM (EST)
Click to EMail noahailee Click to send private message to noahailee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Never EVER again"
I, too, have officially sworn off reality shows. They are nothing but a load of crap. I have already written to NBC advising them that they have lost a viewer. I have also written to Jay Leno. Tomorrow's episode will have AJ's final couple. I requested that he pass along my great disgust for Melena and the whole show. I completely agree with you.

Conan O Bryan 21 desperate attention whore postings

12-09-03, 04:38 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Conan%20O%20Bryan Click to send private message to Conan%20O%20Bryan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Never EVER again"
what's wrong????? Money and distance? It is my understanding that Melana will be moving into Jason's bedroom at his parent's house, and Jason has agreed to split his allowance with her.A win/win situation....

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •