The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Colby wins final IC?"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

Bebo 21083 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

04-30-01, 01:56 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Bebo Click to send private message to Bebo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Colby wins final IC?"
This is pure speculation based on the editing.

We've been given a lot of insight into Colby's thoughts. We've seen the voting strategy from Colby's perspective. All of the discussions on the final 2 are being narrated by Colby.

We have repeatedly been told (by Colby) the strategic advantage of including Keith in the final two. In the past two episodes we've heard Colby's debate on keeping the person you have the best chance of beating in the final two vs. keeping someone he like and thinks deserves the money if he can't win it. He also mentioned in the last show that his loyalty has been with Tina all the way.

Meanwhile, there haven't been confessionals from Keith and Tina regarding whom they plan to take with them into the finals, or their thoughts on the voting strategy. Yes, we were shown Tina's conversation with Rodger regarding boot order of him and Lis, but we haven't been given insight into her views on the final 3.

Why have we only gotten Colby's perspective? Could it be because the other two views are irrelevant? Is this MB's subtle way of saying Colby wins the final IC, and these are the issues he's dealing with as he chooses who will join him in the final two?

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Colby wins final IC? wendyp 04-30-01 1
   RE: Colby wins final IC? Outfrontgirl 04-30-01 2
       RE: Colby wins final IC? wendyp 04-30-01 3
       RE: Colby wins final IC? my0wn 05-01-01 4
           RE: Colby wins final IC? rameses 05-01-01 5
               RE: Colby wins final IC? Loree 05-01-01 6
                   RE: Colby wins final IC? Fast Eddie 05-01-01 7
                       RE: Dirt on the final 3 Outfrontgirl 05-01-01 8
                           RE: Dirt on the final 3 Fast Eddie 05-01-01 9
                               RE: Dirt on the final 3 Outfrontgirl 05-01-01 10
                                   Not the IC flying squirrel 05-01-01 11
                                       RE: Not the IC mavsfan 05-01-01 12
                                           RE: Not the IC Loree 05-02-01 13
                                               RE: Not the IC Bebo 05-02-01 14

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

wendyp 2081 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

04-30-01, 02:44 PM (EST)
Click to EMail wendyp Click to send private message to wendyp Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Colby wins final IC?"
That is a good theory on seeing only Colby's side since he chooses the person. But in the past MB had tried to make us think one way and it is really the opposite. Are we seeing all of Colby's comments because the one IC he loses is the important one at the end and the boot him!?!?!

On the other hand, I do not think Keith is a stupid as we all think. He has to know, especially from Lis's commetn to Tina at TC "Try and wear that thing (neckalace)" that Tina will get more votes from Kucha. He may take a chance with Colby, thinking that they will be mad at him for having won so many challenges. If Keith wins the IC it will be a tough decision, both will more then likely beat him. But who does he think is not liked more?

Outfrontgirl 6830 desperate attention whore postings

04-30-01, 04:40 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Outfrontgirl Click to send private message to Outfrontgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Colby wins final IC?"
LAST EDITED ON 04-30-01 AT 05:13 PM (EST)

Bebo and Wendy P, both your posts are very well reasoned, although I'm less and less a subscriber to the MB will do the opposite of what he's previewing for this season. The viewers who guess the most obvious outcome have been right more often than not this season, whereas I have been wrong every time I voted for a big twist.

I think it's perfectly likely that MB would show the dilemma of the one who ends up with the choice. I would like to think he has been keeping Tina's thoughts on the matter in the dark so that he can make a big revelation about her true alliance after she wins the finally IC. That would be more dramatic, and although I don't want Tina to win, I would enjoy the twist.

It seems to me, though, that MB is playing more to the general TV audience this season, now that he has them, and he is likely to be giving an advance glimpse into the heads of the contenders.

In response to your question, Wendy, you got me thinking that Keith's style is to anticipate the argument he can make to the jury. In the past (Mitchell council) he has said he would put his case before the tribe the best he could, and he did after the tied vote--talking about working for the tribe. I see him arguing again that he worked for the tribe's survival from Day 1; therefore his ideal opponent would likely be Colby, who didn't seem to put that much energy into working around camp, who was off being rewarded during the flood, etc..

Tina saved the rice, didn't win food rewards, fished a lot, plus she appeared caring of the Kuchas. Also, think Keith would rather compete against a younger man than a woman his own age.
Lastly, Keith ought to look at the vote totals and see that Tina has 0 against her. He may hope that people have seen through her act, but a record like hers has got to be daunting.

I think Keith would pick Colby; Tina would pick Keith and rationalize it that Colby won a new car; Colby will go for the million and pick Keith. MB's efforts at misdirection have, IMO, been aimed at making us think Colby might make a philanthropic decision, such as keeping Lis. Hasn't happened and likely won't.

Both Keith and Tina had a share of success and money before starting this game, but Colby really comes from nowhere, and that may be why MB thinks the American public will like the outcome--because we're sick of seeing those that have get more.

wendyp 2081 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

04-30-01, 05:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail wendyp Click to send private message to wendyp Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Colby wins final IC?"
I never thought of it the way of people do not want to see those with money get more. You are right in that we (I would) would like to see the average Joe win more then someone that has already in the lime light.

Good observation!!

my0wn 40 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

05-01-01, 09:22 AM (EST)
Click to EMail my0wn Click to send private message to my0wn Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Colby wins final IC?"
I think your right about not believing the obvious with MB, he was in our face with Kimmie, and yet I didn't believe he would be so blatant. I think the previews and the news letter have given a lot of clues up till now. After the last episode I felt there was NO way Tina couldn't make the final two, so thanks for waking me up. I have always felt Colby was the swing vote, and wished they would show some of his thoughts on other tribe members, or voting strategy. I was shocked when they actually aired Colby saying that he was aligned with Tina, I had suspected it since Mitchell but was shocked they "aired" it. Now I am thinking they did this to throw us off. I feel pretty certain the Colby wins the IC and votes Tina out. He has been playing smart all along, so I don't expect him to slip up now.

rameses 89 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

05-01-01, 01:49 PM (EST)
Click to EMail rameses Click to send private message to rameses Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Colby wins final IC?"
Right now, I am leaning towards Tina getting the boot, too. Colby has been shown too many times discussing his options on voting and each time he has opted to vote out the person he seems to like more. In other words, he is getting rid of the more likable people and hanging on to good ole Keith, even though he stated "my game with him is over".

I have no doubt he has more respect for Tina and likes her much more, but if he plays to win (as he has up to now), we will see Tina exit at the next tribal council.

Loree 8616 desperate attention whore postings

05-01-01, 02:25 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Loree Click to send private message to Loree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Colby wins final IC?"
Do any of the Survivors realize how wealthy Tina's family is? I remember Jeff V saying how Rodger really played down that he had any money. It seems they all want to appear poorer than they are. They want to look like they need the money. If the jury thinks you need the money they may vote for you. Would the other person in the final vote use this against you? I can see someone saying Colby has already won the Aztec and trips to the Reef, etc. Or that Tina is from a wealthy family or that Keith is a successful chef. That could work against all of them.

I keep wondering if Colby is shown saying what he would do because it will never happen. I keep thinking Tina will win the last IC and take Keith with her to the final. I get the feeling that Tina is a very determined lady. She will not want to give up everything she has backstabbed and schemed to get. Colby will feel betrayed and it may affect the jury's reaction to Tina. If Tina has continued to vote off everyone she was suppose to be aligned with, she could make enemies.

Fast Eddie 625 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

05-01-01, 04:46 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Fast%20Eddie Click to send private message to Fast%20Eddie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Colby wins final IC?"
I wonder if the "successful" chef told his fellow players that he had declared bankruptcy, stiffing his ex-wife, the IRS and others for hundreds of thousands of dollars. Or that the woman he proposed to he had known for only three weeks before going off to Survivor - half the time he had spent in the Outback at that point.

05-01-01, 06:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Outfrontgirl Click to send private message to Outfrontgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Dirt on the final 3"
Well, I certainly didn't know about any of that, Fast Eddie, nor about Tina's family riches prior to this thread, and I don't really know the details on Colby's disgraces, but I would like to Know more (I know this is Spoilers, not Bashers, but knowledge helps spoiling, right?) if you (or anyone) could elaborate or provide some links.

I think the answer to the question as to whether the players knew must be No. No one shares bad info about themselves of lets on that they don't need the money. These people don't know who they'll be with til right before the game starts, so they have zero chance to research the others. I gather that Keith likes to impress people with tales of his cooking prowess, but I doubt that works against them. I doubt Tina talked about her success as a triathlete. Unfortunately, it's unlikely people will have figured out she has money from how she talks or acts.

The question of who needed the money did affect the voting in S1, as the jury thought about who would get to fulfill their personal dreams, and it got Kelly a vote or two.

Well, my gut says that Tina will win the IC and pick Keith but I hope I'm wrong, as I like Colby the best of the 3 of them.
The IC is supposed to be non-physical, and might be about what you remember about your "Fallen Comrades," and Tina might just shine at that.

So please, everyone, give me more hope that Tina gets booted...

Fast Eddie 625 desperate attention whore postings

05-01-01, 08:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Fast%20Eddie Click to send private message to Fast%20Eddie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Dirt on the final 3"
Colby: Arrest records for drag racing and public drunkenness, found, police report notes, "passed out, face down in a large puddle of his own vomit".

Check: http://search.canoe.ca/JamSurvivor2/apr29_surv-sun.html
about half way down.

05-01-01, 08:43 PM (EST)
10. "RE: Dirt on the final 3"
Thanks, Fast Eddie. Extremely edifying and good reading. No wonder Lis and Rodger had to go. About Tina, I read somewhere that her new hubbie used to be married to Tina's best friend while having long affair with Tina. Truth or tabloid?

You've got to admire someone who can take the IRS for a big bundle and get away with it. That's all I'm left with at this point, except that many young men have literally been in Colby's position and gotten past that stage to better things. It sounds gross, but it's not as bad, IMO, as being a "fake nice person."

When any real, huge spoilers hit the board I'll stop posting about gossip (in case Clown is reading).

Since this is a Colby wins IC thread, what do people think of his chances of answering questions about the jury members, if that should turn out to be the challenge?

flying squirrel 290 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

05-01-01, 09:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail flying%20squirrel Click to send private message to flying%20squirrel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "Not the IC"
LAST EDITED ON 05-02-01 AT 02:10 AM (EST)

(O/T: Fast Eddie, where is Minnesota Fats? Left him back at the pool hall, broken and battered, didn't you? Please don't go back to drifting, the way you did before Martin Scorsese got hold of you. OK, back to spoilers.)

>Since this is a Colby wins IC thread, what do people
>think of his chances of answering questions about the jury
>members, if that should turn out to be the challenge?

Last year MB had a two-hour finale beginning with the final four: two ICs followed by TCs (days 37 and 38), and the jury vote at the last TC (day 39). The last IC (hands on the immunity idol) took up almost half an hour of that show, first to show the ritual piece (firewalking and preparation for firewalking), then to show clips from the challenge and Jeff P's questions to Richard.

This year MB has a two-hour finale beginning with the final three: ONE IC followed by a TC (day 41) and the jury vote at the last TC (day 42). AND he doesn't have the vote count and announcement of the winner (remember "I need oxygen and water") at the end, with the lockbox, although he does have the clips of the jury members voting. My point is that MB CANNOT AFFORD to use a short challenge like "Fallen Comrades", or he'll run out of material! I'm anticipating 15 minutes of ritual and 15 minutes of challenge.

mavsfan 693 desperate attention whore postings

05-01-01, 10:52 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mavsfan Click to send private message to mavsfan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Not the IC"
I've seen bits and pieces mentioning a picture (haven't seen it) that some say could be Colby doing some rock climbing/repelling.

I think this has also been mentioned as an IC possibility.

When you mentioned the "fire walk" from Survivor I, I thought about the repelling and would suggest the repelling is a similar stunt. I can't really believe they would use repelling in an immunity challenge because someone in a hurry, could get themselves hurt quickly. But I also think of repelling as kind of like fire walking... not that dangerous if done properly, and it gives them something to fill some airtime.

Loree 8616 desperate attention whore postings

05-02-01, 02:48 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Loree Click to send private message to Loree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Not the IC"
Yes they could have the final 3 repelling down the rock cliff to the location of the final immunity challenge. They had everyone repelling on "Boot Camp" the other week. It isn't that dangerous. They did have this group jump off a cliff earlier. So the repelling should be no problem.

Bebo 21083 desperate attention whore postings

05-02-01, 03:31 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Bebo Click to send private message to Bebo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Not the IC"
I am a total chicken, and I had a terrific time repelling. It is so much safer than a lot of things they've been doing out there!

I think this could definitely be incorporated into a rite of passage -- it would give MB a chance to show off the scenery. It would be more interesting to the viewer than watching them watch the fire!

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •