The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"JUST REMEMBERED....BLACK WIDOW JERRI!!!!"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

skierdude10 114 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

04-28-01, 05:37 PM (EST)
Click to EMail skierdude10 Click to send private message to skierdude10 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"JUST REMEMBERED....BLACK WIDOW JERRI!!!!"
LAST EDITED ON 04-28-01 AT 07:41 PM (EST)

Here is what I think, I think taht Tina will take third, Colby second, and Keith #1.

Mb doesn't waste his time, he would have meant this comment to either throw us off totally or help us. Has everyone forgotten so fast.

Jerri- KEITH THE BLACK WIDOW STRIKES

Amber- Colby

Nick- Believe it or not KEITH (he votes with alicia)

Alicia- Keith

Liz- Colby

Tina- Keith

THE WINNER IS KEITH!!!!!!!!!!

Rodger- colby

The vote is usually liek this "x" "z" "x" "z" "x 2 votes, z 2 votes" "x" z" ********music*********8 "x"

You are the final survivor

MB has to make it epic, we will like this years winner, Keith played well and deserves it.

MB always will make it so that the votes are counted this way. How Jeff P just happens to alternate on the votesm, I don't know.

Thoughts?

Skier

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: JUST REMEMBERED....BLACK WIDOW ... BaquaR13 04-28-01 1
 Nick, no. BlondeGirl 04-28-01 2
 RE: JUST REMEMBERED....BLACK WIDOW ... SurvivinDawg 04-28-01 3
   RE: JUST REMEMBERED....BLACK WIDOW ... MDSkinner 04-30-01 4
   RE: JUST REMEMBERED....BLACK WIDOW ... wendyp 04-30-01 5
 RE: JUST REMEMBERED....BLACK WIDOW ... Ptaz 04-30-01 6
   RE: JUST REMEMBERED....BLACK WIDOW ... Outfrontgirl 04-30-01 7
       RE: JUST REMEMBERED....BLACK WIDOW ... MDSkinner 04-30-01 8
           RE: why Jerri would think Tina back... Outfrontgirl 04-30-01 9
               RE: why Jerri would think Tina back... MDSkinner 04-30-01 10
           RE: JUST REMEMBERED....BLACK WIDOW ... SurvivinDawg 05-02-01 11
 RE: JUST REMEMBERED....BLACK WIDOW ... dabo 05-02-01 12
   RE: JUST REMEMBERED....BLACK WIDOW ... Outfrontgirl 05-02-01 13
       Tina Loree 05-02-01 14

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

BaquaR13 1336 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

04-28-01, 06:10 PM (EST)
Click to EMail BaquaR13 Click to send private message to BaquaR13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: JUST REMEMBERED....BLACK WIDOW JERRI!!!!"
Nick voting for Keith? Hmmm... i suppose that it could happen. Ok, but where does Tina's vote come in? Are you saying that she votes for Keith because Colby wins immunity and votes her out in the final three? I say that could happen.

BlondeGirl 66 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

04-28-01, 08:11 PM (EST)
Click to EMail BlondeGirl Click to send private message to BlondeGirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "Nick, no."
I personally cannot think of even one reason why Nick would vote for Keith over Colby. Nick was pissed that arrogant Keith didn't bring his backpack to TC the week Nick left. So why would he vote for Keith over Colby, who he seemed to get along well with (remember them on the beach talking after they jumped off the poles in the first IC after the merge?)?

I also think Alicia would probably vote Colby over Keith, and Tina might as well.

BlondeGirl

SurvivinDawg 6816 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

04-28-01, 11:24 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivinDawg Click to send private message to SurvivinDawg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: JUST REMEMBERED....BLACK WIDOW JERRI!!!!"
I must totally disagree. Either MB said that as a total red herring, or Jerri did her black widowing earlier with Kel, OR the black widow was Tina (on Amber, for example). But I disagree with your analysis above. Colby would destroy Keith. I think Nick and Colby talked some during that IC and later on. Nick didn't like Keith's arrogance.

Jerri vote for Keith?!?! Can we please get serious... Jerri has done NOTHING but tell us how much she doesn't like Keith. Would Alicia vote for Keith over Colby? I tend to doubt it.
Amber vote for Keith over Colby?

*** Contradictions don't exist. If you are faced with a contradiction, check your premises. You will find that one of them is wrong. -- Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

"I've never been bored a day in my life. Only boring people get bored." -- Jerri Manthey

MDSkinner 716 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

04-30-01, 11:15 AM (EST)
Click to EMail MDSkinner Click to send private message to MDSkinner Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: JUST REMEMBERED....BLACK WIDOW JERRI!!!!"
I agree with Dawg in the analysis here, and it would seem unlikely that Keith would even be within a couple of votes of the winner.

But that is what virtually everyone thought last year in regards to Rich. I am not saying that Keith is Rich, but I am saying that nothing is out of the realm of possibility at this point. None of us has a clue as to what the jury will think when it actually comes time to vote.

wendyp 2081 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

04-30-01, 03:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail wendyp Click to send private message to wendyp Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: JUST REMEMBERED....BLACK WIDOW JERRI!!!!"
I agree with Dawg, there is no way Jerri is voting for Keith. For a couple of reasons, 1 ~ her post interview said she did not know anything about what Colby thought of her until the show. And they did not show 1 vote when Jerri was voted off, I think it was Colby's vote so she did not know that Colby voted her off. I think she assumes, but does not know for sure. Plus in her mind I think she thinks Keith worked getting her voted off. 2~ Her dislike of keith was for his diragatory comment to her on the first day. If she held on to that the whole time she was in the game, she did not drop it when she was on the Jury.

The black widow thing, I think we all thought it was Jerri turning on someone. I think it was everyone turned on her.

Amber definitely votes for Colby over either of the other 2. Nick votes Colby, did not like Keith and that they are friends after the show. I think actual friends, not hey he one the million so I will hang out with him. Plus they are closer in age.

The MB we will like the winner. Most people like Colby on and off the show. The contestants and the TV audiance (sp).

Should be interesting.

Ptaz 29 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

04-30-01, 03:04 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Ptaz Click to send private message to Ptaz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: JUST REMEMBERED....BLACK WIDOW JERRI!!!!"
Jerri didn't know of Colby's comments until the show began to air in January, so why would she pull this at that point? I don't think there's any way Alicia or Nick would vote for Keith.

Outfrontgirl 6830 desperate attention whore postings

04-30-01, 04:09 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Outfrontgirl Click to send private message to Outfrontgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: JUST REMEMBERED....BLACK WIDOW JERRI!!!!"
Skier,
Probst gets the votes to read alternately way because he has already tallied and arranged them. After he says "I'll go tally the votes," he goes and does just that before he returns and shows them to anyone (per MB's "Survivor" book).

That way, votes that aren't needed aren't shown, and he probably picks the handwriting when he has the option to keep one out.
Oh, does that sound like interfering with the show's results?

I think the black widow comment was a teaser/red herring. Early on, Jerri was shown trying to lure Colby into her web and saying she'd vote against him when it came down to it. If she had succeeded, that would be a black widow act.

I think it makes no sense to stretch the black widow concept so far afield as to consider applying it to Keith or Kel (no mating) or one of the girls, or to other players not including Jerri (because MB said it about Jerri). Despite the fact that a "mate" in the UK/Aussie lingo connotes a friend, a black widow is simply a female spider that gets a male spider to have the spider equivalent of sex and then eats him.

Jerri didn't succeed in mating with any of the males. Instead, they turned on her beforehand. She's a black widow wannabe.
As for her part on the jury, no way she goes off against Colby at the end, as she's still putting out feelers for him to try out her web. If anything, she thinks he should feel more positively about her, so she did not Soozin-speech him.

She goes after either Keith or Tina, and I bet it's Tina if she has to choose between them, for being a backstabber. That won't be a black widow act, just Jerri taking her jury power seriously.

04-30-01, 04:35 PM (EST)
Click to EMail MDSkinner Click to send private message to MDSkinner Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: JUST REMEMBERED....BLACK WIDOW JERRI!!!!"
Just curious, but what makes you think that Jerri has any idea about Tina having backstabbed her. There is no way that she could know that from what she has seen until she watched the show for herself(obviously much after the jury vote). Tina never did anything to upset Jerri as far as I can tell, and I am not sure that there is any way that she would know that Tina backstabbed her.

Even if she were to talk to the other Jury members, I can not recall Tina ever saying anything to Amber or even Rodger or Liz about Jerri. Keith did(ding dong the witch is dead), and Tina never disagreed with any of them, but she never spoke out openly against Jerri to the others.

So back to my question, why do you think that Jerri will feel like Tina backstabbed her? It is likely that I am missing this point, so please share.

04-30-01, 05:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Outfrontgirl Click to send private message to Outfrontgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: why Jerri would think Tina backstabbed her"
MD Skinner, in response to your excellent question:

On the Early Show, Jerri talked about Tina being the one who originally backstabbed Jerri's alliance back when she got Mitchell voted out. She said that's why Tina pushed all her (Jerri's) buttons when Tina had the nerve to talk about the game being "fair." Jerri blindly insists that her response to Tina about the game not being fair was the reason Jerri got booted at next TC; therefore, it's quite likely, IMHO. that Jerri would suspect Tina broke the Ogie alliance again to vote her out.

When Jerri and Amber shared the reward dinner, they spoke mainly of their distrust of Tina after what she had done before--an allusion to T's orchestrating the Mitchell boot after having promised Jerri's alliance to vote out Keith.

Jerri and Amber both pride themselves on never having voted contrary to any promise to a team member, so Tina's strategic switch (smart move) reads as a nasty betrayal to them, particularly since neither of them were informed in advance. Neither did Tina let them know she was voting against them when their turns came to be booted. In both cases, Jerri/Amber believed the Ogies were eliminating a Kucha according to plan, so the surprise hit was pulled off 3 times.

In Lis' interviews, she said she would have kicked butt in the Final 2 because she played a "clean game" and always told the person she was voting for beforehand, from the first TC.
I think that's an indication that players nurse grudges when they're surprised by the way someone votes.

Because Jerri was always clear that Keith and she had a mutual dislike, and Keith was never part of the original Ogie alliance, Jerri never trusted Keith, and so he couldn't have "backstabbed" her, by definition. Jerri clung to the illusion that Colby and she had a spark going, so her sense of betrayal had to fasten on Tina.

That's all I can think of right now, but, as was pointed out above, it only takes one transgression for Jerri to make up her mind about a person.

04-30-01, 05:23 PM (EST)
10. "RE: why Jerri would think Tina backstabbed her"
I think you have adequately stated your case. It is amazing how many things I have not paid very close attention to over the weeks. I think with the points that you have made that it is highly likely that Jerri would vote for Colby over Tina. Thank you for all of the great examples.

SurvivinDawg 6816 desperate attention whore postings

05-02-01, 07:54 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivinDawg Click to send private message to SurvivinDawg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: JUST REMEMBERED....BLACK WIDOW JERRI!!!!"
LAST EDITED ON 05-02-01 AT 07:55 AM (EST)

Oh, MD, MD... I must disagrees with you in bunches here:

>Tina never did anything to
>upset Jerri as far as
>I can tell,

Then allow me to tell:
1) Tina was instrumental in waxing Mitchell, who Jerri has stated was her best buddy in the Outback and with whom Jerri formed an alliance and friendship within an hour of leaving the plane.
2) Tina DIRECTLY took shots at Jerri - once over cooking the rice, and again in the now-famous choosing of partners for the RC.

>Even if she were to talk to the other Jury members,
>I can not recall Tina ever saying anything to Amber
>or even Rodger or Liz about Jerri. Keith did(ding
>dong the witch is dead), and Tina never disagreed with
>any of them, but she never spoke out openly against
>Jerri to the others.

See No. 2 above. Both shots occurred in the presence of others. Also, if I recall correctly, in a Kucha discussion Lis told the others that Tina and Jerri had issues and someone else (Alicia?) suggested that Jerri and Keith had issues. Tina did talk to Lis while fishing, and I suspect that we did not see some conversation due to editing.

>So back to my question, why do you think that Jerri
>will feel like Tina backstabbed her? It is
>likely that I am missing this point, so please share.

It is also possible, and even likely, that back at the ranch Jerri was told by Amber, if not others, about what happened to get her (Jerri) voted off. Jerri is blinded by ego, but she's not so totally stupid that she can't figure out what happened.

*** Contradictions don't exist. If you are faced with a contradiction, check your premises. You will find that one of them is wrong. -- Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

"I've never been bored a day in my life. Only boring people get bored." -- Jerri Manthey

dabo 26942 desperate attention whore postings

05-02-01, 10:07 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: JUST REMEMBERED....BLACK WIDOW JERRI!!!!"
Great stuff in this one, I have for the last several weeks thought Keith's best chance of winning was to get to the final two with Tina, because Jerri and most likely Amber as well would rather vote for anyone other than Tina the Betrayer (actually, I think Tina played smart, breaking the power structure in order to reinvent it with herself in control was brilliant strategy), and because of the possibility of Jerri having sway in the jury especially with Alicia. Essentially, in the Keith-Tina final two Tina's probable votes are Colby, Elisabeth, Rodger, Keith's probable votes are Jerri, Amber, Alicia, with Nick being the uncertain deciding factor.

05-02-01, 01:20 PM (EST)
13. "RE: JUST REMEMBERED....BLACK WIDOW JERRI!!!!"
Yes, Dabo, I can see Nick as the swing vote if Keith and Tina are up together.

Some posters take it for granted that Nick would repeat his vote against Keith, for his arrogance, and I agree that he'd support Colby over Keith.

Between Tina and Keith:
Nick's time at the ranch will have provided ample time for him to hear opinions and weigh them. We should keep in mind that at the beginning of his jury stay he'll be hanging with Alicia, Jerri, and Amber. Tina was a little kind to Lis and Rodger, but her "friendship" to them was demonstrated by voting out Alicia and Nick first. Those two owe Tina nothing.

Also, they (N/A) know it was Tina who asked Kimmi about Debb's vote, and so got the info that led to Jeff Varner's boot and the subsequent demise of Kucha. Alicia was a strong team player and Jeff was her best friend, and she can't kick Kimmi. Nick thought Alicia was pretty hot, so he'll probably be open to listening to her.

As for Colby, at present we can believe he'd pick Tina over Keith at any time. If, however, Tina won immunity and picked Keith to stay with her AND she and Colby had an alliance that promised she'd take him to the Final 2 that she reneged on, Colby would probably flip, and Keith could win out of the blue.

If Tina wins immunity, it's likely that either player she boots will feel betrayed. She's been skating for so long, not even getting a single vote, that I'd be interested to see things turn around on her.

Loree 8616 desperate attention whore postings

05-02-01, 04:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Loree Click to send private message to Loree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "Tina"
The more I think about it the more I don't think Tina will win. I think Colby would win the vote over either Tina or Keith. But I think Keith would win the vote over Tina. So I don't see how Tina could win. Everyone always said that Keith couldn't win. But I think he is going to have a better chance than Tina. Colby is the most liked on the jury. But I think he has to win the IC to get into that final 2. I doubt either Tina or Keith would take him.

If Colby makes the final 2 he is the winner. If not, I think Keith will take it. I just can't see 4 votes on the jury for Tina.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •