The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Did Jerri give the winner away?"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

SurvivinDawg 6816 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

04-28-01, 01:48 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivinDawg Click to send private message to SurvivinDawg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Did Jerri give the winner away?"
LAST EDITED ON 04-28-01 AT 01:59 PM (EST)

In her exit interview by Richard Hatch on www.etonline.com, Jerri Manthey made a comment that seemed innocuous at the time, but has since led me to do some thinking.

When asked about Colby Donaldson (do you think his REAL name is "Colby", btw???), Jerri said the stock stuff that she hadn't really had contact with him since the show was over. Then she made this comment: "Actually, Colby is a very interesting person."

Now what could Jerri have meant? At the time it meant nothing. We already knew that Jerri wanted a pickle tickle from Cowboy Colby, so this would hardly seem to be a statement relative to THAT business. Maybe it has to do with his special relationship with his mom. Naah... even if Jerri knew that Colby's mom was there, I doubt this comment refers to that.

No, I think it's something else. Now with the Final Three set, it's time to re-evaluate. Jerri also said some things that lead us to believe that she got to do a "rat and snake" speech, and we've been led to believe that the victim of that speech is VolTina (not to be confused with VolMel ). So Jerri could have been giving us a BIG clue that COLBY is the other person in the Final Two, and possibly that COLBY is the winner.

It could also be that in a C/T final, Jerri gives her speech, but things are in the loxbox and Jerri's speech might not have worked.

Lastly, the comment COULD just have referred to Colby winning all these challenges. But I just have a gut feeling that this isn't what Jerri meant and that Jerri was telling us something....

Your thoughts and comments?

*** Contradictions don't exist. If you are faced with a contradiction, check your premises. You will find that one of them is wrong. -- Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

"I've never been bored a day in my life. Only boring people get bored." -- Jerri Manthey

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Did Jerri give the winner away? BaquaR13 04-28-01 1
   RE: Did Jerri give the winner away? volmel 04-28-01 2
       RE: Did Jerri give the winner away? basiclady 04-28-01 3
           actually a very good point! shakes the clown 04-28-01 4
               RE: actually a very good point! volmel 04-28-01 5
                   RE: actually a very good point! volmel 04-28-01 6
                       RE: actually a very good point! rudynesia 04-28-01 7
                           RE: actually a very good point! volmel 04-28-01 8
 RE: Did Jerri give the winner away? true 04-28-01 9
 Side Note To Survivin Dawg volmel 04-29-01 10
   RE: Side Note To Survivin Dawg SurvivinDawg 04-29-01 11
 Jerri on Colby -- final comments? dotball 04-29-01 12
   RE: Jerri on Colby kirin 04-30-01 13
       RE: Jerri on Colby SurvivinDawg 04-30-01 14
           RE: Jerri on Colby kirin 04-30-01 15
       Jeri ought to hate Colby....M anotherkim 05-02-01 18
 bump kirin 05-01-01 16
 ICB's take on the interview flying squirrel 05-01-01 17

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

BaquaR13 1336 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

04-28-01, 02:26 PM (EST)
Click to EMail BaquaR13 Click to send private message to BaquaR13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Did Jerri give the winner away?"
Jerri also said
>some things that lead us
>to believe that she got
>to do a "rat and
>snake" speech, and we've been
>led to believe that the
>victim of that speech is
>VolTina (not to be confused
>with VolMel ). What were those things she said? I belive it definetly could happen, after all, it is Jerri! hahaha But y Tina?

>Your thoughts and comments?

Here they are. I dont think that we have much here. Something as vague as that, doesnt really mean much. However, your analysis is good, and maybe it could tie in. But with her saying, "Colby is interesting." I dont know if that leads to much. I am interested in this snake and rat speech. Care to tell me more about it? Y Tina? And what proof that she says it? Oh, that would be classic if she did.

volmel 362 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

04-28-01, 02:36 PM (EST)
Click to EMail volmel Click to send private message to volmel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Did Jerri give the winner away?"
On the Early Show interview she did (two of them) she made reference to the fact that she was voted off the jury and she had felt powerful in the jury and at tribal council. I think she actually rubbed her hands together in apparent glee.

Dawg, hahahah VolTina. Now you have me thinking why Jerri would think Colby is interesting. Thanks a lot for more to give me a headache trying to figure out this thing

This is Big Orange and Tina Wesson country.

basiclady 6 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

04-28-01, 02:53 PM (EST)
Click to EMail basiclady Click to send private message to basiclady Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Did Jerri give the winner away?"
something i've been thinking

if there is a lockbox and mb claims not to know the winner

then what's with tina's hubby's comment about satisfied

with amount of money she won. does this tell us she is

NOT in F2. he would not know $ amount she won if she is in F2

sorry if this has already been stated elsewhere

shakes the clown 3366 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

04-28-01, 03:16 PM (EST)
Click to EMail shakes%20the%20clown Click to send private message to shakes%20the%20clown Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "actually a very good point!"
>>then what's with tina's hubby's comment
>about satisfied
>
>with amount of money she won.
>does this tell us she
>is
>
>NOT in F2. he would not
>know $ amount she won
>if she is in F2

.....I would agree except for a couple of points..

1. Rumor has it that the only people who know who won are MB AND the final two...so in that scenario the F2 would know how much they won.

2. I need to know the timing of that statement/rumor...I always thought it was in reference to the internet chat, and the fact that he knew that Tina was in at least the final5, and therefore they were happy with the amount of money she won.

3. Also, was it an actual statement or was it just a rumor?

04-28-01, 03:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail volmel Click to send private message to volmel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: actually a very good point!"
Shakes, I'll do some research on that. I got the impression it was the same time as the "she came home and soaked in a tub for 3 hours and ate all day" statement.

04-28-01, 04:41 PM (EST)
6. "RE: actually a very good point!"
Shakes, I can't find where I read it. So lets put it down to "rumor" and discount it.

rudynesia 5 desperate attention whore postings

04-28-01, 05:48 PM (EST)
Click to EMail rudynesia Click to send private message to rudynesia Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: actually a very good point!"
the bath line is from the People Magazine special, but the money line was not part of that article.

The was a fire in my wooly.......Jeff

04-28-01, 06:20 PM (EST)
8. "RE: actually a very good point!"
Thanks Rudynesia. Let's put the money line down to my LSD flashbacks.

true 9689 desperate attention whore postings

04-28-01, 07:18 PM (EST)
Click to EMail true Click to send private message to true Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Did Jerri give the winner away?"
I posted some other comments by Jerri from this weeks TV guide, it's on page 3 at the moment (I need to read the manuel, cause I don't know how to link it, how embarassing!)

Anyway, she says something like, they were fools to get rid of me, what better person to have in the final 2,than someone everybody hates.

It could mean nothing, or it could mean that Keith does not make final 2, since I believe she would consider him not very likeable.

On another topic, it seemed to me from Liz's Early Show comments, that she was quite fond of Colby. I'm not sure her vote for Tina is a lock.

Don't know if any of this helps.

04-29-01, 01:29 AM (EST)
10. "Side Note To Survivin Dawg"
Hey Dawg. I betcha anything Tina will be honored during a Tenn. game this year. Maybe even the Tenn/Jawja game. Now wouldn't that be nice???

(Sorry to get off track. Back to the spoiling)

04-29-01, 11:14 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivinDawg Click to send private message to SurvivinDawg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Side Note To Survivin Dawg"
Check your email, volmel.

*** Contradictions don't exist. If you are faced with a contradiction, check your premises. You will find that one of them is wrong. -- Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

"When I come in, the party will begin. I am... SurvivinDawg." -- SurvivinDawg

dotball 1 desperate attention whore postings

04-29-01, 04:56 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dotball Click to send private message to dotball Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "Jerri on Colby -- final comments?"
LAST EDITED ON 04-29-01 AT 09:53 PM (EST)

I've been lurking on this board for a while, following the action from sunny Sydney. I have no idea if the following has any significance at all and know you will all set me straight if not. I'll stick it here so it can be easily forgotten about if worthless.

In the Sydney Morning Herald TV guide this morning there is an interview with Jerri (conducted last week). The only really interesting thing is a profile of each of the four remaining -- we are a week behind in our screenings here. They have to pretend Lis still has a chance -- contestants and their odds of winning. She describes Tina (odds: 4/7) as " very strong woman and sneaky". Lis (20/1) "sweetest, most adorable" etc. No comment on Keith (11/2).

On Colby (3/1): "Manthey calls him a "nice guy" but is bitter about his final comments."

Now that, like everything else, is ambiguous of course. "Final comments" could mean alot of things, only one of which is a spoiler.

(edited to add odds)

kirin 30 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

04-30-01, 07:31 AM (EST)
Click to EMail kirin Click to send private message to kirin Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Jerri on Colby "
LAST EDITED ON 04-30-01 AT 07:35 AM (EST)

Thanks for posting those quotes, dotball.

One thing that has been bothering me while everyone talks about Jerri gleefully nailing Tina in the final 2 is Colby. While I don't disagree that Jerri doesn't have a lot of respect for the way Tina broke the alliance early on and voted for Okagor members after the merge, we never saw Tina promise Jerri anything. In fact, she made a couple of comments (about cooking the rice, etc.) that I think clued Jerri into the fact that Tina wasn't so wild about her.

But Colby is a different matter altogether. He promised her a couple of times that it was Jerri, Amber and him all the way. Isn't that the bigger and sneakier backstabbing?

Also a couple of quotes I have been chewing on from the US magazine April 30th issue. Alicia refused to call Colby by his self-imposed nickname "I didn't get it." and later she adds, "He sensed Jerri had a thing for him. He knows how to flirt--you have to be careful with somebody like that." And Jerri on Colby. "Colby was much more flirtatious with me when there weren't cameras around. I don't know how he got away with that. He was very strategic." Does that imply that Colby led her on even more than we thought, and therefore that she felt even more doublecrossed?

I realize there's not much actual spoiler value in the quotes, but I am not convinced that Jerri "black widows" Tina in the final two. I think it could just as easily be Colby. Well, she didn't care for Keith much either, did she? Sigh.

Kirin

04-30-01, 10:58 AM (EST)
14. "RE: Jerri on Colby "
>And Jerri on Colby. "Colby was much more flirtatious with me
>when there weren't cameras around. I don't know how he got away
>with that. He was very strategic." Does that imply that Colby
>led her on even more than we thought, and therefore that she
>felt even more doublecrossed?

I thought cameras were around, or on them, ALL the time.

I don't disagree with a lot of what you say, though. I'm sure Colby flashed those pearly whites at Jerri a few times to keep her from guessing his real game (he definitely must have flashed them at Amber to keep her from allying with the Kuchas!). And it may be that Jerri WAS talking about getting revenge on Colby in the Final Jury. But that just makes my original point in this thread: Jerri's comment about Colby being "an interesting person" does indeed have more meaning that I originally attributed it to.

"I've never been bored a day in my life. Only boring people get bored." -- Jerri Manthey

04-30-01, 11:35 AM (EST)
Click to EMail kirin Click to send private message to kirin Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Jerri on Colby "
LAST EDITED ON 04-30-01 AT 11:43 AM (EST)

>I thought cameras were around, or
>on them, ALL the time.

Actually according to a comment Nick(?) made regarding Keith, it sounds like that while the cameras were around the campsites all the time, they weren't necessarily focused on each person's every move. I don't have the magazine with me right now, but the comment was basically something about how Keith was a media whore. Apparently he would go up to the camera men and say come see what I am doing. Anyone know anything more on this? I would think that you would have to have one camera person for each contestant if you were going to be able to capture everything that contestant did or said...and that would be a mess. Could you imagine?

> But that just makes
>my original point in this
>thread: Jerri's comment about
>Colby being "an interesting person"
>does indeed have more meaning
>that I originally attributed it
>to.

Oh, I completely agree with you about the comment, it might well be significant. I just meant that I have seen a lot of "Jerri backstabs Tina" speculation for a while that I have never quite agreed with wholeheartedly. Yours was one of the first I saw that touched on Jerri's view of Colby, so I thought I would add my two cents. I think we will soon find out what she meant by "interesting" too. (And, hey, she didn't even know about the whole Mom thing at that point! Or did she? LOL)

I can't imagine that Jerri is happy to see Keith and Tina sitting with Colby, the exact place she and Amber were assured they would be at this point. I'm hoping she won't disappoint. Something has to be said or done to make the last two hours "interesting."

Kirin

anotherkim 14420 desperate attention whore postings

05-02-01, 01:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail anotherkim Click to send private message to anotherkim Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "Jeri ought to hate Colby....M"
because, as you pointed out, he lied to her. Tina didn't. Tina may have voted off her own team members, but she never voted off anyone in her "mini-alliance" as Colby did. She ought to hold that against him as well as his little coral-from-the-reef trick.

If she voted for Colby over Tina it is because she is a delusional ##### and not a good player.

I also think she was hamming up her evil-Jeri role on her interview round. She does, after all, fancy herself to be quite the actress. She is a media whore and she knew the role that Gumbel, et al, expected her to play.

Kim

05-01-01, 02:57 PM (EST)
16. "bump"
shamelessly bumping 'cause I think it has more merit than some of the crap on the first page.

flying squirrel 290 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

05-01-01, 07:43 PM (EST)
Click to EMail flying%20squirrel Click to send private message to flying%20squirrel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "ICB's take on the interview"
LAST EDITED ON 05-01-01 AT 07:43 PM (EST)

While looking for evidence about the final, I came across idiotcowboy's take of the same interview. And speaking of ICB, where are you? And where is Krautboy? Maybe they left with Rodger?

idiotcowboy 03-31-01, 11:56 PM (EST)

1. "RE: Jerri quotes?"

She had a few tidbits on ET with Rich Hatch...
basically it went something like this:
1. she hates Keith... and never wants to see him again...
2. Tina ain't getting no christmas card.. but she kinda respects her... but not really...
3. she still has the hots for Colby... and he still doesn't...
4. Mitch is like her best friend from the Outback...
5. Alicia is like cool and stuff...
6. No mention of Amber or anyone else...

why don't they give the interviews to real reporters... or even Mary Hart... we might get something useful then

----------------------
Well, actually, it looks like we did get something. If Jerri isn't a Tina fan (or at least wasn't one pre-MB-spin), then I think we can safely give Colby three votes in the finals if he's there (Jerri, Amber, Alicia). And, sorry, but I can't see an athletic single guy in his 20s (Nick) awarding a million dollars to a 40-year-old mom (Tina) over another athletic single guy in his 20s who has won challenge after challenge. So, if we buy AK's theory (and I haven't seen any reason not to so far), looks like the million is going to Lone Star land.

Hey -- nailbone and you other Texans, have you heard any gossip about this?

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •