The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Will this be a "surprise" boot week?"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences American Idol General Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

zazzy 4390 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

04-24-05, 11:12 AM (EST)
Click to EMail zazzy Click to send private message to zazzy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Will this be a "surprise" boot week?"
Ok, many of us want to see Scott or Anthony to go next, yet their fan clubs seem to rally enough support to keep them over someone else. Is there any chance that Anwar fans would now support a Scott or an Anthony?

If Bo, Carrie, Constantine or Vonzel were the boot this week, would any of them be a "surprise"?

I am trying to recall what week Latoya went last season; it feels like we could have a Latoya type boot this week if the Scott and Anthony fans keep up their support.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Will this be a "surprise" boot ... FFantasyFX 04-24-05 1
   RE: Will this be a "surprise" boot ... seahorse 04-25-05 7
 RE: Will this be a "surprise" boot ... robyn12 04-24-05 2
   RE: Will this be a "surprise" boot ... sharonk52 04-24-05 3
       RE: Will this be a "surprise" boot ... JustTryinToBeReal 04-24-05 4
           RE: Will this be a "surprise" boot ... zazzy 04-24-05 5
               RE: Will this be a "surprise" boot ... JustTryinToBeReal 04-24-05 6
                   RE: Will this be a "surprise" boot ... Harrison 04-25-05 10
           Uh.... Wingbob 04-25-05 9
 RE: Will this be a "surprise" boot ... seahorse 04-25-05 8
   RE: Will this be a "surprise" boot ... Tahj 04-25-05 11
 RE: Will this be a "surprise" boot ... zazzy 04-28-05 12
 RE: Will this be a "surprise" boot ... okaychatt 04-28-05 13
   RE: Will this be a "surprise" boot ... zazzy 04-28-05 14
       RE: Will this be a "surprise" boot ... tamarama 04-29-05 15
           RE: Will this be a "surprise" boot ... zazzy 04-29-05 16

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

FFantasyFX 1028 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

04-24-05, 01:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail FFantasyFX Click to send private message to FFantasyFX Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Will this be a "surprise" boot week?"
I would be extremely shocked if Scott or Anthony did not leave this week. If Scott is in the bottom three next week, it will have been a record four consecutive times. The guy is definitely hurting for support, and has lucked out that lesser contenders with lukewarm fans were still around to pick off. The only other person Scott could pick off would be Anthony, so we'll have to see if Scott's luck continues.

Constantine and Carrie have never been in the bottom group. Bo's fanbase seems re-energized after his week in the bottom group. I think Vonzell has the most to worry about, but she's only been in the bottom group once as well. I don't think I've ever seen such gap in quality between the top four and bottom two. We might see the remaining contestant of Scott/Anthony edge out somebody in the top four next week, but not this week.

seahorse 14337 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

04-25-05, 00:51 AM (EST)
Click to EMail seahorse Click to send private message to seahorse Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Will this be a "surprise" boot week?"

>I don't
>think I've ever seen such
>gap in quality between the
>top four and bottom two.
> We might see the
>remaining contestant of Scott/Anthony edge
>out somebody in the top
>four next week, but not
>this week.

I totally disagree, I don't think there is that much difference in singing ability between all six of the remaining contestants. Last year at about this time, John Stevens and Jasmine were still in the competition.

Handcrafted by RollDdice

robyn12 41 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

04-24-05, 01:34 PM (EST)
Click to EMail robyn12 Click to send private message to robyn12 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Will this be a "surprise" boot week?"
I think to a lot of people, Nadia, and especially Anwar, were both surprise boots... I think they are this year's Latoya.

I think Scott and Anthony HAVE to be booted next. They have both been in the bottom three two or more times... I just don't think they have the fan base of Constantine and Carrie (who have never been in the bottom three). Maybe one of them will "beat" Vonzell or Bo... that would be a surprise. But, I think for this week, Scott or Anthony will go.

sharonk52 65 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

04-24-05, 03:19 PM (EST)
Click to EMail sharonk52 Click to send private message to sharonk52 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Will this be a "surprise" boot week?"
I agree with you Robyn. Its time for one of the two to go.(S/A)
I think Vonzell will get the votes from Anwars fans. But who knows? We keep getting surprised week after week by Scott and Anthony staying.

>Handcrafted by RollDdice
Things that make you go hmmmmmmmm

JustTryinToBeReal 16 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

04-24-05, 05:18 PM (EST)
Click to EMail JustTryinToBeReal Click to send private message to JustTryinToBeReal Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Will this be a "surprise" boot week?"
Here's another factor!

Scott and Anthony are both from Ohio! They both made it to Hollywood during the same tryout. If one of them does get the boot - and Ohio sticks together as a block vote - we could see a much stronger voting base for one of them.

Personally, regardless what anyone else has to say about him, my family is pulling for Savol ! We just think the guy has alot more pure talent than the haters want to give him credit for! In fact, he would not have made it this far if there were others who didn't feel just like my family does! Furthermore, he would have never gone to Hollywood if Randy, Paula, & Simon would not have signed off on his singing ability! Ask yourself the question this way:

1) Was it Savol's looks that got him to Hollywood?

NO - Simon even said that Scott would have never even
made it through he door of a recording company because
of the way he looks - he went as far as to say - this is
why you need a competition like this.

2) Was it Scottie's personality that got him to Hollywood?

Probably not - God knows he has been critizised enough
in this arena.

3) Was it that Savol had something really unique about him?

Not at all - He has been demonized because he is to
ordinary.

The reason Scott made it through to Hollywood is very simple - he shared his singing talent and made it - and his singing ability has carried him this far!

He may very well go home this week or next week or he may be the last one standing - nothing would surprise me!

Just my opinion - Savol has what it takes to be a great recording artist - his future is bright - his dream will come true - his SON will be given a better life than he had!

At this point - everyone left is talented and is destined for greatness. I choose to celebrate all of their gifts instead of ripping them apart - they are all American Idols as far as I am concerned!

Peace!

P.S. Sing your song Scott - you have fans from all over the country standing with you bro!!

04-24-05, 06:41 PM (EST)
Click to EMail zazzy Click to send private message to zazzy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Will this be a "surprise" boot week?"
Anthony is from PA; Scott is from Ohio. Vonzel-Fla, Bo-Ala, Constantine-NYC, and Carrie-OK.

Your post of support for Scott is just what makes me think that Scott will still be there next week--I think there are many of you out there who feel that way for Scott.

I think many are caught up in the Scott "story" and as you mention, his desire to improve his son's life. I also think that being caught up in his story makes you hear his singing differently than those of us who are not as enomored with the story. The underdog factor affects the ears, perhaps?

I am surprised that Scott fans do not hear when he sings flat. I do not think his singing talent has taken him this far--I think it is the fan fervor and the extra time Ryan gives him each week so Scott can add to his "story". Look at the time Scott had to wish happy birthday this week and compare that the the rushed birthday wishes Anwar gave.

I understand that music is subjective but have you ever taped Scott and then listened to him again with your eyes closed--just concentrating on the music?

I am pulling for Bo; I'll admit that some weeks he has not been the best. I will also say that even if Bo is really off it this week, I would still vote for him--given what I have heard over the competition. And I think the same will be true for Scott fans--even if he is not very good this week, there is enough fan commitment to keep propelling him forward.

And that is why I am trying to get ready for a "surprise" boot.

JustTryinToBeReal 16 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

04-24-05, 08:59 PM (EST)
Click to EMail JustTryinToBeReal Click to send private message to JustTryinToBeReal Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Will this be a "surprise" boot week?"
You are right concerning Anthony being from PA - I stand corrected - I remember both of them advancing from the same audition location. Thanks for clearing that up for me!

"I understand that music is subjective but have you ever taped Scott and then listened to him again with your eyes closed--just concentrating on the music?"

Yes - got the DVR set to record all season - have listened to the finalists more than once each week & whereas Scott's story has captured the hearts of some - I began pulling for him after hearing his audition. Did you hear his audition & if you did - were you not the least bit impressed with his voice? Regardless of that, I will continue to maintain my opinion that Savol does have an incredible gift.

As we have seen thus far this season, all of the finalists have had up and down weeks - some more up-weeks than down BUT at this level of competion - that is to be expected.

Thank you for taking the time to respond & like you have said, I, too, am preparing myself for the surprise boot. If Scott goes home - I believe he will leave with dignity - he will simply say good-bye and continue his music career - of which I also will continue to follow! If Bo gets the boot - he'll do the same - and I will also be interested in his future. I can honestly say the same thing for all of the other finalists who have gone home and who are left with the exception of Costantine - he's to full of himself - he'll probably do well but won't get any of my attention - he is already getting plenty of that from his own self I'm sure! JMO!

I will say that my family is following this year's AI closer than any other season - because of pulling for the big man!

We will be Scott Savol fans regardless of the outcome - we will own his first CD when it comes out!

Blessings!

Harrison 173 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

04-25-05, 10:26 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Harrison Click to send private message to Harrison Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Will this be a "surprise" boot week?"
"I will say that my family is following this year's AI closer than any other season - because of pulling for the big man!"

I'm sure that there are few readers here who doubt that this is indeed the case.

Wingbob 79 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

04-25-05, 10:15 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Wingbob Click to send private message to Wingbob Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "Uh...."
Just how are you related to Scott???
)

seahorse 14337 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

04-25-05, 00:54 AM (EST)
Click to EMail seahorse Click to send private message to seahorse Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Will this be a "surprise" boot week?"
Vonzell would not surprise me if she was booted this week. I would be surprised if Bo, Carrie or Costantine were voted out this week.

Handcrafted by RollDdice

Tahj 4136 desperate attention whore postings

04-25-05, 04:50 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Tahj Click to send private message to Tahj Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Will this be a "surprise" boot week?"
Same here.

Moves courtesy of Syren

04-28-05, 09:19 AM (EST)
12. "RE: Will this be a "surprise" boot week?"
Bo and Carrie appear to have solid fan bases and I hope that Bo will pick up some of the Constantine voters next week.

Anthony was better this last week and seems to be improving but he was bottom 2 this week so he may have peaked with the amount of fan support he is going to get.

Scott's fans propelling him back into the top three was a shock.

Was it song selection? Was it his story about hiding under the table to sing, his having a tough life, his parents wanting him to be a priest, his wanting to help his son have a better life, his wanting to do it for the average joe and the people who work 8 hours a day?

Was it Simon's panning him with the 'pack your bags' comment?

Will he pull it off again next week?

Will there be another 'surprise' boot?

okaychatt 2810 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

04-28-05, 03:31 PM (EST)
Click to EMail okaychatt Click to send private message to okaychatt Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Will this be a "surprise" boot week?"
zazzy - You sure called it this week as far as a surprise boot.

This was a good surprise for me, though.

Here's to a non-surprise vote next week for Scotty the Body to go.

Everyone is entitled to my opinion.

04-28-05, 05:27 PM (EST)
14. "RE: Will this be a "surprise" boot week?"
Okaychatt, I am thinking that the Scott voters have only gotten a rush of adrenaline from getting Scott into the top three this week. Top 3 of 6! How can they not be on a high after Scott was a bottom three in previous weeks? I do not see them slacking off next week--even if Scott does not do well.

I am now thinking that Scott will be F3. Who the two are who will go between now and then are still a ??? for me. I am still trying to figure out where the Constantine votes will go. Sure, Bo will get some, but will any of the others?

tamarama 1785 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

04-29-05, 01:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail tamarama Click to send private message to tamarama Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Will this be a "surprise" boot week?"
>>I am still trying to figure out where the Constantine votes will go. Sure, Bo will get some, but will any of the others?<<

Going by my 15 year old niece, I'm thinking maybe Anthony will pick up some of Contstantine's votes...She was a big fan of the Big C, but -- being your typical teenybopper, also likes Anthony.

I haven't talked to her this week, but I have a feeling that her type is the voting bloc that Con lost a grip on this week. He strayed too far from the style that grabbed them in the first place--the pop stuff.

I think he also lost the more casual viewers who only catch occasional eps and those that vote each week based ONLY on that week's performance -- because this week, he stank.

Anyone that was voting for C's edge either still voted for him this past week, or agreed with the judges that when he rocks, he's faking it -- and I bet all those people will now vote for Bo.

Anyone that was voting for his 'dreaminess' quotient...(urp, uh, sorry, I just threw up a little bit) -- will probably split between Anthony & Bo, depending on age. The Desperate Housewives that wanted to fantasize about a little danger will go to Bo. The teens will go to Anthony. And to his credit, Anthony has been stepping it up. Then again, he was bottom 2 this week so...I dunno.

I'm probably just full of it.

04-29-05, 01:34 PM (EST)
16. "RE: Will this be a "surprise" boot week?"
Not at all! Good points. I am one of those some-time voters of Constantine, like when he did My Funny Valentine. I did not remember to vote for anyone this week; I just got distracted.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •