The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Did Ryan buy his own star?"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences American Idol General Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

lovwigglesworth 239 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

04-21-05, 02:15 PM (EST)
Click to EMail lovwigglesworth Click to send private message to lovwigglesworth Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Did Ryan buy his own star?"
Someone told me that Ryan paid for his Hollywood star himself, that it wasn't an award or whatever you want to call it when they give stars. Firstly, I did not know that was a possible thing to do. Can people really buy their own stars? I just assumed there was some sort of committee or something in charge of deciding these things. Secondly, if this is true, it is one of the most narcisistic things I've ever heard to buy your own star. Maybe this is the way it is always done and I am just totally niave about the whole thing.
Has anyone else heard anything about this?

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Did Ryan buy his own star? Femme 04-21-05 1
   RE: Did Ryan buy his own star? badger 04-21-05 3
 RE: Did Ryan buy his own star? DontGetMeStarted 04-21-05 2
 RE: Did Ryan buy his own star? cambo 04-21-05 4
 RE: Did Ryan buy his own star? Bebo 04-21-05 5

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Femme 3621 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

04-21-05, 02:24 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Femme Click to send private message to Femme Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Did Ryan buy his own star?"
Everyone's star is "bought and paid for" if you will.

From the Hollywood Chamber of Commerce Website:

Deadline for submission of applications is May 31, 2005. The sponsorship fee is $15,000 and is subject to change. For more information call (323) 469-8311.

The sponsorship fee is $15,000*. The Committee does not accept signature petitions, postcards or letters. Deadline for nominations is May 31, 2005**. For more information call (323) 469-8311.

You are nominated, if you meet the "at least 5-years longevity" requirement, by absoluetly anyone, I guess, who fills out the application. If they select you, you have to make a public appearance (or be dead) and the person who nominated you ("sponsored" you) has to pay the fee.

So, yeah, he probably did, but so did every other star with a star.

Femme

i she be your girlfriend

badger 1273 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

04-21-05, 04:46 PM (EST)
Click to EMail badger Click to send private message to badger Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Did Ryan buy his own star?"
does this mean that shakes can get one (providing he comes up with the $, of course)?

DontGetMeStarted 880 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

04-21-05, 04:28 PM (EST)
Click to EMail DontGetMeStarted Click to send private message to DontGetMeStarted Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Did Ryan buy his own star?"
Hmm is it is next to Laurence Oliviers or Marlon Brandos?

On second thought I be it is next to Paris Hilton's.

cambo 286 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

04-21-05, 10:05 PM (EST)
Click to EMail cambo Click to send private message to cambo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Did Ryan buy his own star?"
I was kinda surprised when I heard he got a star too. I'm not into knocking someone just to knock em, but I really don't see how it's deserving. Aside from AI, what else is he known for? America's Top 40? It's not like he's been hosting the show for decades.

A lot of critics say getting a star on the Walk of Fame isn't what it used to be because it got to the point where they started giving them to anyone.

Bebo 21083 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

04-21-05, 10:13 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Bebo Click to send private message to Bebo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Did Ryan buy his own star?"
I'll lock this one, since there's the following topic on the Individual forum:

http://community.realitytvworld.com/boards/DCForumID69/381.shtml

Unlock | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •