The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Roddy has been screwed"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Big Brother Fanatic Forum (Protected)
Original message

esquire 1095 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

09-05-02, 10:28 AM (EST)
Click to EMail esquire Click to send private message to esquire Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Roddy has been screwed"
I've never been a Roddy fan this year. Personally, I've been rooting for Lisa. However, I thought Roddy had every reason to be reallly pissed off. Marcelle did promise to not nominate him in the hot tub (and BB had no trouble replaying that scene for everyone. Do these guys forget how easy it is for the BB producers to make them out to be big liers by replaying scenes for the TV audience) and nominated him anyway. ALthough I didn't remember it, Amy made an agreement with Roddy many weeks ago that she would save him with her veto power if she ever had it when he was up, for a box in the box contest. Since Roddy gave her the box, he has a real expection of getting what he paid for. The fact that she didn't use her power of veto to save him is the stuff that law suits are made up of in the real world.

Roddy is going. He knows it. He feels he has been wronged because 1 person broke a promise to him and another person refuses to meet an obligation that is owed to him. He is right. He has been wronged

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Roddy has been screwed SurvivinDawg 09-05-02 1
   RE: Roddy has been screwed esquire 09-05-02 2
       RE: Roddy has been screwed CSHS79 09-05-02 3
           RE: Roddy has been screwed esquire 09-05-02 4
               RE: Roddy has been screwed SurvivinDawg 09-05-02 5
       RE: Roddy has been screwed Chrissy gal 09-05-02 6
           RE: Roddy has been screwed esquire 09-05-02 7
               RE: Roddy has been screwed SurvivinDawg 09-09-02 11
                   RE: Roddy has been screwed esquire 09-09-02 12
 RE: Roddy has been screwed BaquaR13 09-05-02 8
   RE: Roddy has been screwed nailbone 09-06-02 9
       RE: Roddy has been screwed moliemolie 09-09-02 10
           RE: Roddy has been screwed nailbone 09-09-02 13
               RE: Roddy has been screwed moliemolie 09-09-02 14
                   RE: Roddy has been screwed nailbone 09-10-02 15
                       RE: Roddy has been screwed moliemolie 09-10-02 16

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

SurvivinDawg 6816 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

09-05-02, 10:46 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivinDawg Click to send private message to SurvivinDawg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Roddy has been screwed"
What you call "RODDY getting screwed", *I* call "RODDY getting what he so richly and royally deserves."

RODDY lied, himself. As the TV show ALSO showed, RODDY told Jason (when Jason was HOH) that he (RODDY) had no deals with anyone except Danielle.

Then RODDY told Danielle that he had a deal with Marcellas.

And Dani rightfully said "Gotcha!"

Furthermore to this point, RODDY'S behaviour this past couple of days has been worse than anything Josh or ChiWhora ever did. He tried to sweettalk and trick AMY into saving his worthless @$$ by committing (game) suicide. When AMY correctly decided to preserve herself, this bully then went off on poor AMY, laying the guilt trip on hard and thick, leaving her crying. I only wish I could be in that house for a few minutes... just to front RODDY and see if he would be such a BIG MAN when someone bigger and a darn sight meaner than AMY would be facing him. I tend to doubt it.

Has RODDY been wronged? Yes, as much as he's wronged others. Am I glad he got wronged? Hell YES!

Contradictions don't exist. If you are faced with a contradiction, check your premises. You will find that one of them is wrong. -- Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

09-05-02, 11:38 AM (EST)
Click to EMail esquire Click to send private message to esquire Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Roddy has been screwed"

>RODDY lied, himself. As the
>TV show ALSO showed, RODDY
>told Jason (when Jason was
>HOH) that he (RODDY) had
>no deals with anyone except
>Danielle.

>Then RODDY told Danielle that he
>had a deal with Marcellas.
>
>And Dani rightfully said "Gotcha!"
>
I'm not exactly sure when the Roddy-Marcelle Hot tub agreement took place. However, I thought it was during the week Josh was HOH. It was definately after Chiara left the house. I'm not sure the information was inaccurate when Roddy spoke to Jason.

>He tried to sweettalk
>and trick AMY into saving
>his worthless @$$ by committing
>(game) suicide. When AMY
>correctly decided to preserve herself,
>this bully then went off
>on poor AMY, laying the
>guilt trip on hard and
>thick, leaving her crying.

Roddy had every right to rip into Amy. He made an agreemnt with her and gave her something that was potentially valuable at the time. No one knew which box was the winning box. When you make a contract with someone and the other party fulfills their part of the bargain, you do have an obligation to satisfy your part of the bargain. This is a basic part of contract law.

Having said all that, I also think Roddy was an idiot for telling Amy he would consider voting for her if she used the Power of Veto. That was just dumb

CSHS79 908 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

09-05-02, 12:14 PM (EST)
Click to EMail CSHS79 Click to send private message to CSHS79 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Roddy has been screwed"
Amy didn't lie since to me the agreement was she would use the POV if she could, no where in the agreement did it mention doing
it at her own expense. So Amy was right in not saving Roddy.

PS: Josh was never HOH,obviously you meant Jason in that comment.

09-05-02, 01:15 PM (EST)
4. "RE: Roddy has been screwed"
> Amy didn't lie since to
>me the agreement was she
>would use the POV if
>she could, no where in
>the agreement did it mention
>doing
>it at her own expense. So
>Amy was right in not
>saving Roddy.

You seem to be making my arguement for me. Amy said she would use it if she could. She didn't put any caveats on the use when she agreed to use if she could. She didn't say if you give me your box i will use it to save you unless I independly analyze the situation and determine It won't be in my interest to use the veto. She said she would use it to save him if he gave her the box. Roddy gave her the box. He performed hi part of the agreement. She didn't reserve the right not to use it. Roddy has every reason to be pissed at Amy.

>PS: Josh was never HOH,obviously you
>meant Jason in that comment.

Your right. I mean Jason
>

09-05-02, 01:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivinDawg Click to send private message to SurvivinDawg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Roddy has been screwed"
LAST EDITED ON 09-05-02 AT 01:32 PM (EST)

When you make a contract with someone and the other party fulfills their part of the bargain, you do have an obligation to satisfy your part of the bargain. This is a basic part of contract law.

And if you REALLY want to get legal eagle and technical about it... BB3 told the houseguests that they would NOT be held to their promises made during that POV game.

Roddy gave her the box. He performed hi part of the agreement. She didn't reserve the right not to use it.

Yes, AMY broke her word.

Yes, Marcellas broke his word.

Yes, RODDY fulfilled his end of the deal.

Yes, RODDY got screwed.

My comment: Couldn't happen to a more deserving guy.

Roddy has every reason to be pissed at Amy.

Does this justify RODDY bullying AMY like he did and making that young girl cry?

"He who dares not offend cannot be honest." -- Thomas Paine

Contradictions don't exist. If you are faced with a contradiction, check your premises. You will find that one of them is wrong. -- Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Chrissy gal 1413 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

09-05-02, 05:27 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Chrissy%20gal Click to send private message to Chrissy%20gal Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Roddy has been screwed"
I believe Amy made the promise to Roddy before she was evicted by Roddy! I think that eviction nullifies any agreement they had.

09-05-02, 05:36 PM (EST)
7. "RE: Roddy has been screwed"
Why should it?

Her agreement was that if you give this box, I will use the veto to save you if i ever have an opportunity to do so. She did not add any caveats about unknown events that would ccur in the future. She happily took the box from Roddy with the hope that it would give her an advantage in week 2 with an understandig that she would provide a future service if she could. She can perform the service and is chooing not to. Like I said earlier today, this is the stuff that law suits are made of when one party refuses to perform a bargained for service after receiving payment for that service in the past.

09-09-02, 01:29 PM (EST)
11. "RE: Roddy has been screwed"
Like I said earlier today, this is the stuff that law suits are made of when one party refuses to perform a bargained for service after receiving payment for that service in the past.

And like I said earlier, if you want to get legal eagle and technical, BB3 told the houseguests that they WERE NOT OBLIGATED to fulfill any agreements during that POV bargaining game.

Yes, AMY made that agreement with Roddy, then blatantly broke it... and I was HAPPY to see it happen. Roddy DESERVED to have that done to him because he's nothing but a conniving S.O.B. who has lied to Danielle and Jason and deserves nothing but AMY'S utter contempt.

"He who dares not offend cannot be honest." -- Thomas Paine

09-09-02, 02:33 PM (EST)
12. "RE: Roddy has been screwed"
>Like I said earlier today, this
>is the stuff that law
>suits are made of when
>one party refuses to perform
>a bargained for service after
>receiving payment for that service
>in the past.

>
>And like I said earlier, if
>you want to get legal
>eagle and technical, BB3 told
>the houseguests that they WERE
>NOT OBLIGATED to fulfill any
>agreements during that POV bargaining
>game.
>

I didn't say there was going to be a law suit. Only thast is the type of action that causes law suits.

>Yes, AMY made that agreement with
>Roddy, then blatantly broke it...
>and I was HAPPY to
>see it happen. Roddy
>DESERVED to have that done
>to him because he's nothing
>but a conniving S.O.B. who
>has lied to Danielle and
>Jason and deserves nothing but
>AMY'S utter contempt.
>
>
Even if I concede everything you said, that doesn't change my original thought. Roddy was still screwed by Amy

BaquaR13 1336 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

09-05-02, 07:38 PM (EST)
Click to EMail BaquaR13 Click to send private message to BaquaR13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Roddy has been screwed"
I could not agree more. Roddy has been screwed right and left in this game. By Dani, Marcelles, and of course by Amy (who hasn't?). People think that Roddy is "lying and manipulating them" so they try to justify that by doing it right back. LAME!

The Reality Show Queens!!

BaQuAr13

nailbone 27263 desperate attention whore postings

09-06-02, 09:54 AM (EST)
Click to EMail nailbone Click to send private message to nailbone Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Roddy has been screwed"
I agree. I do hate the way he treated Amy at the end. It was a mean bully thing to do. It was after the veto meeting when it couldn't sway her to change it, so it served no purpose, game-play or otherwise.

I also agree that Marcellas screwed him over royally. Amy did break her promise, but I can understand why, and she didn't deserve what she got from Roddy. If Marcellas nom'ed him because he isn't trustworthy, Marc needs to take a good LOOOOONG look at his pal Dani, who's lied to and manipulated every one and seems to be getting away with every bit of it.

- Things go better with Rock!!

moliemolie 75 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

09-09-02, 01:10 PM (EST)
Click to EMail moliemolie Click to send private message to moliemolie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Roddy has been screwed"
"Marc needs to take a good LOOOOONG look at his pal Dani, who's lied to and manipulated every one and seems to be getting away with every bit of it."

Hi nailbone: Maybe we aren't watching the same TV show but I would love to know who Dani has lied to and manipulated. Can you give me at least 3 examples of where she actually lied to someone, so much so that it is unlike what each and every player has done up until this point? Please help me understand you Dani bashers. I am wiling to listen.

09-09-02, 05:29 PM (EST)
Click to EMail nailbone Click to send private message to nailbone Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Roddy has been screwed"
Give me a few. I'm sure I can come up with at least 3 examples.

As for it being unlime the others, that's not the point. She does it like the others, then belittles them for it. Calls Roddy the Devil, etc. for doing just what she's doing.

I do know that she told Roddy she WASN'T out to get him. I do know that she's used this "poor me, I need the money for my family" stuff way too much when it's not true. I'm sure when I have time to research, I can find others.

09-09-02, 05:47 PM (EST)
Click to EMail moliemolie Click to send private message to moliemolie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Roddy has been screwed"
I respect your opinion. She only said Roddy is the Devil because he is. I mean, I actually liked the guy until he let the real Roddy out in the last couple of episodes. I think he has no respect for women and is the most narcisistic player I've seen an reality TV. In Dani's defense, if the other HG's are dumb enough to fall for that 'I need the money routine' then who's fault is that? There are 3 people that she truly promised her word to and those people were Marci (when she told him she would come after him if he screwed over her on a nomination) Jason (no need to explain that one) and Chiara (she promised her a vote and she gave it to her even though she wanted Roddy out of the house.) That thing with Roddy on the last episode was just an attempt by Mr. Manipulator to find a flaw in Dani's game and use it against her. When he asked her to ally with him, she should have said, 'I'll think about it', instead of giving Roddy the fuel he needed to downgrade her when he left. However, the fact that no one can come up with really good reasons to dislike Dani leads me to believe that she is playing this game well. I honestly believe her biggest mistake was not trusting Gerry. I think Gerry would have helped her get rid of Roddy a lot sooner but she just didn't trust him. Now she has created an enemy with Gerry and that shouldn't have been the case. Not one of the other evicted HG's, besides Roddy, can have a true beef with Dani. If she would have been smarter in the DR, her chances would be better. However, I think the person who plays a perfect game will win and so far the person playing the best game is Jason. I actually hope Jason wins and not Dani but I just don't understand the character bashing. I just wanted an explanation. Thanks

09-10-02, 01:57 PM (EST)
15. "RE: Roddy has been screwed"
LAST EDITED ON 09-10-02 AT 01:57 PM (EST)

> I think he has
>no respect for women and
>is the most narcisistic player
>I've seen an reality TV.

You've obviously forgotten about Dr. Will...

> In Dani's defense, if
>the other HG's are dumb
>enough to fall for that
>'I need the money routine'
>then who's fault is that?

Just because she found the suckers doesn't make her any less manipulative.

However, the
>fact that no one can
>come up with really good
>reasons to dislike Dani leads
>me to believe that she
>is playing this game well.

We've come up with plenty of reasons! Nightscribe has a whole thresd devoted to reason she doesn't like Dani. Just cuz you pooh-pooh them doesn't make them any less valid.

> I honestly believe her
>biggest mistake was not trusting
>Gerry. I think Gerry
>would have helped her get
>rid of Roddy a lot
>sooner but she just didn't
>trust him. Now she
>has created an enemy with
>Gerry and that shouldn't have
>been the case. Not
>one of the other evicted
>HG's, besides Roddy, can have
>a true beef with Dani.
> If she would have
>been smarter in the DR,
>her chances would be better.

So nobody has a true beef with her, but she shoulda been smarter in the DR? You contradict yourself, cuz it's the things she's said in the DR that cause the others to have a beef with her.

> However, I think the
>person who plays a perfect
>game will win and so
>far the person playing the
>best game is Jason.
>I actually hope Jason wins
>and not Dani but I
>just don't understand the character
>bashing. I just wanted
>an explanation. Thanks

So how do your write off all her "need the money for my poor destitute family" stuff when that's obviously not the case?

09-10-02, 02:41 PM (EST)
16. "RE: Roddy has been screwed"
Ah nailbone, you just love to disagree with me don't you? Well I'll let you win this one. However what I will say is that if you thought Rotty was 'one cool dude' and Dani is actually the Devil, than I think that says more about you than I can ever say.

Take care

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •