The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Interview with Kim & Leslie (Teachers)"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Amazing Race Spoiler/Speculation Forum (Protected)
Original message

AyaK 10426 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

11-12-01, 03:14 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AyaK Click to send private message to AyaK Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Interview with Kim & Leslie (Teachers)"
LAST EDITED ON 11-12-01 AT 06:26 PM (EST)

http://www.realitytvfans.com/newspub/story.cfm?ID=3887

If you want to read about their dispute with the cab driver or Amie, follow the link and read the article. But ...

Among the tidbits from this article with spoiler value are the following:

RTVF: How many camera people follow you?

Leslie: We had one cameraman and one soundman following us at all times and I am still impressed with how these guys kept up with all the teams.

RTVF: Do you always have the same ones or do they rotate?

Leslie: The cameramen and soundmen rotate to make sure that all is fair.

RTVF: Is there a spotter?

Leslie: no

RTVF: Do you have to cover the costs of the camera people or do they pay their own way?

Leslie: The cameraman and soundman must pay their own way if individual tickets are purchased. For example, a train ride would require that Kim and I pay our own way and that the cameraman and soundman purchase their own tickets, but you must always travel together. The teams are responsible for paying when one fare is purchased for the group. For example, Kim and I are responsible for the fare of a taxi ride, and we must still all travel together.

RTVF: After elimination, do you go straight home or do you get to vacation?

Leslie: All eliminated teams joined each other in the 'sequestered city'...yes, that means that Kim and I and Paul and Amie were in the same hotel for about 3 weeks...oh, the drama! Kim and I certainly wish that we had competed longer in the race of our lives, but we made the most of our time after we were eliminated. We traveled to Prague, Vienna, Munich, Athens, and we even had time to lie on the beaches of Mykonos. One million dollars would have been incredible, but a month paid vacation in Europe wasn't too bad!

RTVF: Can you buy books in the airport to study your next destination?

Kim: You can - if they are not sold out! We looked for Fodor's or Lonely Planet for Africa when we got to JFK on the first leg, but (what a surprise) they were all out.

RTVF: Were you given any information on the countries or cultures you visited?

Kim: No, but due to passport/visa information we had to obtain, we had an idea of possible places we would visit. So, we found as much as we could on the Internet about each place before we left. We obviously forgot to search for 'ways to get out of a safari quickly,' as this was the first in a series of events that led to our demise on the second episode.

RTVF: How exactly does the money work? Do you get the same amount every time? Do you get to keep all your money you have left over when you get your money for the next leg?

Kim: Production calculates the minimal amount needed from leg to leg - and that is all we get until we leave from each pit stop. They do add to our money which means we are allowed to keep the money from the previous leg.

Thanks to RealityTVFans and writer Jacalynn West for publishing this interview.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Interview with Kim & Leslie (Te... RaceGirl 11-12-01 1
 RE: Interview with Kim & Leslie (Te... PagongRatEater 11-12-01 2
   RE: Interview with Kim & Leslie (Te... LKetta 11-13-01 3
 Spotter? Canada Girl 11-14-01 4
   RE: Spotter? Cole 11-14-01 5

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

RaceGirl 50 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

11-12-01, 04:25 PM (EST)
Click to EMail RaceGirl Click to send private message to RaceGirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Interview with Kim & Leslie (Teachers)"

Great info, AyaK. That answers a lot of nagging questions.
I especially appreciated hearing that they were all able to vacation/travel the rest of the time. Makes the opportunity that much better and beats Survivior sequestering by a mile.

> but we made
>the most of our time
>after we were eliminated. We
>traveled to Prague, Vienna, Munich,
>Athens, and we even had
>time to lie on the
>beaches of Mykonos. One million
>dollars would have been incredible,
>but a month paid vacation
>in Europe wasn't too bad!
>

>
>RTVF: Can you buy books in
>the airport to @#%$ your
>next destination?
>
>Kim: You can - if they
>are not sold out! We
>looked for Fodor's or Lonely
>Planet for Africa when we
>got to JFK on the
>first leg, but (what a
>surprise) they were all out.

That explains why we've seen the Guidos consulting a Fodor's or similiar travel guide. Also, it's another variable in how they have spent their money.

Thanks for the post.

PagongRatEater 12996 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

11-12-01, 05:13 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PagongRatEater Click to send private message to PagongRatEater Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Interview with Kim & Leslie (Teachers)"
Good stuff. Especially on the money issues. Thanks for the post, oh great Ayak.

BTW, what's an Ayak?

LKetta 10 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

11-13-01, 03:39 AM (EST)
Click to EMail LKetta Click to send private message to LKetta Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Interview with Kim & Leslie (Teachers)"
If they go to Nepal or Tibet in the next leg they will see A Yak
(or several).

Canada Girl 3340 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

11-14-01, 05:12 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Canada%20Girl Click to send private message to Canada%20Girl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "Spotter?"
Great stuff! Helps clear up a lot of $$$ questions we've all been discussing.

Excuse my potential ignorance, but what/who is the "spotter" that they say they didn't have?

Cole 409 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

11-14-01, 05:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Cole Click to send private message to Cole Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Spotter?"
I'm assuming a "spotter" is a chaperone or someone from the production team that makes sure they don't break the rules, get into trouble with the locals, etc. Apparently there is none. Since we know that teams have been penalized or credited time, that means the camera or sound guy must be telling the producers of each team's whereabouts and actions.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •