The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"EARLY SHOW"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

Casezille 38 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

04-26-01, 08:53 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Casezille Click to send private message to Casezille Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"EARLY SHOW"
Didn't see a thread started on what was on the Early Show this morning...here's what Jeffy said about the reward challenge though...

Today's challenge combines elements of previous challenges you've already done.
So, if you have learned anything, piece if cake. If you haven't, You'll be repeating history.

You'll start off blindfolded and shackled. Navigate your way through a series of obstacles (then they show the ropes)

You will then move on to the next phase which is a puzzle (sliding puzzle like before, spelling different things...OUTWIT, OUTLAST, OUTPLAY, OUTBACK), complete the puzzle, you get a key. That unlocks the shackles.

You move on to the 3rd phase. Filling a bucket with water, You'll move across a very narrow balancing beam to your fire and water scale. When the fire burns through the rope, the bucket will rise.

First person to make a fire that lights the fuse, wins a reward.

THIS IS A REWARD CHALLENGE, Not immunity. The immunity challenge wasn't even mentioned. Images shown provided no hints that I could see anyways. URGH!
Casezille

I would let the vultures take you and do whatever they want with you

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: EARLY SHOW Bungler 04-26-01 1
   Color me Impressed too westerberg14 04-26-01 2
   RE: EARLY SHOW Casezille 04-26-01 3
   RE: EARLY SHOW SurvivorBlows 04-26-01 4
       If you want advice... sleeeve 04-26-01 5
           rock climbing photo Casezille 04-26-01 6
               RE: rock climbing photo SurvivorBlows 04-26-01 7
                   In Survivor II Field Guide... sleeeve 04-26-01 8
                       Field guide spoilers... westerberg14 04-26-01 10
   RE: EARLY SHOW Vid Caps IceCat 04-26-01 11
 Aja's vidcaps AyatollahKhomeini 04-26-01 9

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Bungler 497 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

04-26-01, 08:59 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Bungler Click to send private message to Bungler Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: EARLY SHOW"
LAST EDITED ON 04-26-01 AT 09:18 AM (EST)

LAST EDITED ON 04-26-01 AT 09:02 AM (EST)

Well, color me humbled. I was sure this was IC. AyaK's theory, repeatedly advanced by IceCat, proved to be true. This is indeed RC and here are my caps from the Early Show.

http://bungler.xoasis.com/rc.html

If that site doesn't work for you, try this temporary one:

http://www.glasscity.net/users/beehive/rc.html

P.S. They made no mention of the sticks/table portion of the challenge. Don't know where that falls in.

westerberg14 23 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

04-26-01, 09:40 AM (EST)
Click to EMail westerberg14 Click to send private message to westerberg14 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "Color me Impressed too"
LAST EDITED ON 04-26-01 AT 09:49 AM (EST)

I am shocked to hear the "deja vu" course is only for RC... It seems to fit the Ultimate Immunity Challenge statement from commercials, but apparently other super-sluthers were on the right path...

So could IC be Paired Up challenge everyone has been referencing for weeks?? Couple of the vidcaps looked like Tina and Bessy were concentrating on something... could be a big game board... at least this forwards theory that Colby won't have advantage in IC because it is another race ...

Just checked out Bungler's new Vidcaps - looks like 2nd to last tower is winner - the cap that shows puzzles is kinda hard to see - but it doesn't look like that is the "Outwit" puzzle that Liz had behind her in another cap - I am having trouble accessing the vidcaps - but maybe someone can check this out...

04-26-01, 09:42 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Casezille Click to send private message to Casezille Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: EARLY SHOW"
Thanks for the vid caps! I wish I had that ability. =) I'm thinking that the immunity challenge could be the "Paired off" challenge. I contacted a Aussie library and they could have copied me the personal ads from the brisbane newspaper, but since I wasn't sure of the EXACT date or which ad, it would have been expensive for them to fax or send me copies. I think it was something like $3 or so for each page....with the exchange rate, that gets expensive. So I debunked that idea a few weeks ago.
Casezille
I would let the vultures take you and do whatever they want with you

SurvivorBlows 15230 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

04-26-01, 11:05 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivorBlows Click to send private message to SurvivorBlows Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: EARLY SHOW"
Well, can't say I'm surprised, when these images were first posted I indicated I'd find it hard to believe that the F4 immunity challenge would be physical and strange as it sounded, this was probably one giant super-sized reward challenge.

OK, I'm not seeing anything here to say that favors Colby wins immunity again (actually there's nothing here that DISFAVORS it either, but...)

So the heart of the question is, assuming Colby doesn't have immunity, then who does -- and will it have any impact on the chance that Colby decides to join Liz (assuming Kieth also doesn't get immunity) and aim for Keith (keeping in mind that Rodger revealed that Liz and he already approached Colby last week, so the only question is whether Colby wanders up and asks Liz if the offer is still available)

If Colby fails to win immunity, I have no doubt he will receive Tina and Keith's votes, and Keith will get Colby's vote, leaving only Liz's in question.

...keep in mind Liz only switched over to targeting Keith LAST week, when Colby was immune and the only other choice was Tina. She knows the crack is between Keith and Colby -- not Keith and Tina or even so much Colby and Tina, so she knows a Colby alliance will only get her to the Final 3, then all bets are off, if she fails to get immunity there she's gone, no doubt.

If Liz wins immunity this week, she'll have no interest in keeping Colby and he's gone. If Keith wins immunity, then any alliance with Liz would fail on the tiebreaker and he's gone. So for Colby to have any chance of staying either he or Tina must win immunity (and might this be an immunity challenge Tina might opt to "throw" to Liz or Keith as in Week 7?) and then he must convince Liz to save him.

...and though I'm still thinking about it a bit, when you combine the 50% chance that the immunity winner favors a Colby survival with the X% that, even in the situation, Liz would decide to join with Colby versus take the chance that her feelings that Keith and Tina are already gunning for him are wrong (feelings that would have been reinforced by Colby coming to her) I'm not sure how likely a Liz/Colby vote to save Colby is going to be.

sleeeve 3456 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

04-26-01, 02:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail sleeeve Click to send private message to sleeeve Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "If you want advice..."
So I said that I would wait until after the Early Show to make my prediction, and I think that I'm going to go with Keith, as I mentioned in several threads... there is one spoiler that seems to stand in the way of a Colby ouster (I'm NOT referring to the Boston Herald... I've been saying for several days that I think it's Keith)...

The rock-climbing photo... we have vidcaps that seem to indicate that he is about to shave this week, after he gets a mirror and possibly a razor...

I think Colby sticks around until next week when we'll see him in the "rite of passage" style IC as he has to repel down a sheer cliff.

04-26-01, 02:27 PM (EST)
6. "rock climbing photo"
About that photo of Colby rock climbing...I kinda thought that it was a photo from eco-challenge. They had to repell down the side of a cliff and there was definitely someone I noticed who was wearing a similar hat. Casezille

SurvivorBlows 15230 desperate attention whore postings

04-26-01, 03:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivorBlows Click to send private message to SurvivorBlows Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: rock climbing photo"
What photo?

sleeeve 3456 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

04-26-01, 03:12 PM (EST)
Click to EMail sleeeve Click to send private message to sleeeve Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "In Survivor II Field Guide..."
LAST EDITED ON 04-26-01 AT 03:13 PM (EST)

... there is a picture of a person either climbing a rock face up to TC, or rappelling down from the TC area.

Debate is as follows:

1) The person is a cleanly-shaven Colby (looks a lot like him).
2) The person is a cleanly-shaven Keith (looks nothing like him).

In either of these cases, the thought is that the final IC has a "rite of passage" element to it... much like last year's fire walking...

3) The person is from Eco-challenge, where it is known that they had to rappel these cliffs, and has nothing to do with the show...

I'm hedging my bets on #1, but #3 also seems logical.

westerberg14 23 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

04-26-01, 03:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail westerberg14 Click to send private message to westerberg14 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "Field guide spoilers..."
I an not convinced that the fuzzy picture in survival guide is Colby - too hard to tell. I think the shadow profile on the cover is Keith - in a pose he struck when he won the "Pole standing" challenge - which was the pivitol moment in the show...

Also I looked at the vidcaps from bungler above and from Ep 13 thread and it seems that Colby wins the challenge!! He is in the second lane next to Liz - as evidenced by liz running away from "OutWit" puzzle which is shown as the far left lane of course... When going thru the ropes - Colby is next to Liz... The scene of the towers burning appears to show the second to the last tower as the winner - which would mean Colby!!

Maybe with him out of the "tent" for another night everybody finally decides to take him out - so he doesn't sweep into final two like Kelly did last time (MB did say SII is different than SI) - therefore someone else wins IC challenge (my guess is Keith just because all caps of him in previews show him dejected, fallen or worried) and the Cowboy rides off into the sunset!!

IceCat 17415 desperate attention whore postings

04-26-01, 07:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail IceCat Click to send private message to IceCat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: EARLY SHOW Vid Caps"
My hat's off to you again, Bungler! Great caps... same day service too!

'Paired Off' has to occur today... I do not believe that there is a reward challenge scheduled for the last episode next week... two immunity challenges, instead.

Colby has no advantage on a mentally focused challenge (slight disadvantage perhaps?).

AyatollahKhomeini 2008 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

04-26-01, 03:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AyatollahKhomeini Click to send private message to AyatollahKhomeini Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "Aja's vidcaps"
Even though we already have Bungler's great vidcaps, I'm going to post Aja's as well for the benefit of our friends from EZ (and to suck up some more bandwidth ):

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •