The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"TAR 10: The Racers, the Strategy an..."
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Conferences The Amazing Race Spoiler/Speculation Forum (Protected)
Current Message

michel 10958 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

11-13-06, 09:56 PM (EST)
Click to EMail michel Click to send private message to michel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
55. "Episode #9 Cheap Shots and no Pit S..."
The recap told us the Blondes were left in the cold at the Intersection but excelled and won their second leg in a row while Tyler, James, Rob and Kim choked on the Fast Forward. The pun may have been impossible to resist but besides being called “quitters” or “losers”, there isn’t much worse to call competitors than chokers.

Dustin and Kandice did very well in a physical leg.

Dustin had the opening comment: “People look at Kandice and I and just assume things come easy to us, that things are handed to us. The thruth is that we work hard; we sweat, we cry and we fight to win.” The comment seemed to address Lyn’s later confessional about their advantage. What is important is that the editor has shown Dustin’s comment to be accurate. They haven’t only depended on their looks and have worked hard. She only forgot that they also have fun along the way.

The conflict with the Moms augmented with their comments about hoping the Moms wouldn’t be on the plane. At the end, they added: “We hope Bama gets eliminated today.”

In the train, Kandice joked with Tyler: “What else do I need you for?” She was talking about borrowing beauty products but it could be foreshadowing. Kandice tells us their strategy: “We always wind up side by side with Tyler. It is kind of an uneasy truce. If we’re together, we kinda drive together but if Dustin and I have a chance to break off, we’re gonna.” The girls haven’t needed help from the other racers

They reach the Detour in Soppeenharjun Koulu first and opt for the ski trail despite Kandice’s warning that she has only skied once. They’re again the only team heard to enjoy the detour. Falling down in the mud after jumping a fence, Dustin joked that it will look as if she pooped in her pants! Then Dustin tells Kandice that her form was beautiful, her landing in the mud was nice. “Beautiful” they exclaimed after going over the last fence. “That was fun” Dustin said. Looking at the clue box in the distance, they yell at the models that have gotten slightly ahead: “We’re going to catch you boys.”

The two teams were indeed together throughout the rest of the episode. They reached the mines in Tytyrin close together althought the girls didn’t see the entrance at first. They had to wait since the “Stinking boys” had taken the only kart going down. They had a thought for the coal miner “David would have loved this.” Kandice went down the tunnel and didn’t lose ground to James. “You’re so strong,” said Dustin as Kandice got off her bike. The ride back to Helsinki left them a bit behind and they hadn’t reached the top of the tower when the models got their final clue.

Tyler and James stayed on course for once.

Tyler opens up by saying: “James appreciates the friend that I am to him. I think he understands that I get on his case sometimes about certain issues that he needs to handle but, I think he knows it comes from a loving place from me.” James would do his share of the load in this episode. Their opening comments haven’t always been this accurate.

In the Madagascar airport, Tyler tells us: “The Blondes…We are using them and we know that they are using us. It’s this really weird relationship where we don’t know who is going to stab who first.” We’ll have to keep that in mind. This comment was probably left in to prepare something.

The taxi ride in Helsinki was the occasion for an exchange of shots: “The Blondes are #1 on our list of who needs to go.” Kandice, from the other car, responds: “It would be easier for all of us if Tyler and James were out of the competition.” Dustin agrees: “They are dangerous.”

In Tampere, they arrived right behind the Beauty Queens at the school in Koulu and their strength enabled them to complete the obstacle course first even if the detour “sucked.” They got on the first train for Turku with the Blondes and stayed ahead on the car ride to Lohja. They were first to the roadblock were James went down the shaft to retrieve the limestone. “I’ve been waiting to do some roadblocks. I’m ready to step up,” he confided. He had to walk back up the shaft but finished first and they were also first to the Olympic Stadium. After looking around for a while, they found the clue and finished the rappel down the tower first. It was a very good leg and they didn’t get lost on the roads for once.

Rob and Kim had a rough leg.

Rob tells us: “Every night, Kimberly and I are looking at what we need to do to get to the Pit Stop as fast as possible.” For one of the few times, they actually didn’t do a good job and fell behind troughout the race. This race isn’t easy for them but they cannot be considered as horrible as some of the couples we’ve seen on previous Races anymore. They aren’t only caricatures.

They do finally talk about their alliance and their conflicts: “We have this bond with Tyler and James that we don’t want to break. The Blondes aren’t super trustworthy, they aren’t part of our group. It is a foursome here right now,” Rob told us.

The taxi ride out of the Helsinki airport left them in last place and Kim had to tell Rob to stop ordering the driver to go fast. As we could expect, Rob didn’t appreciate being told what to do.

In Tampere, they are third to get aboard a taxi after politely asking to cut the line. They arrived tied for last with the Chos at the detour after going to the wrong school. They picked the obstacle course and pulled ahead of the Chos. Afterwards, they had a funny exchange: Kim was impressed that they beat the Chos, Rob was surprised that he could carry Kimberly in the muddy obstacle course. “Do you think I’m fat,” asked an offended Kim.

They arrived at the train station seconds after the train to Turku left. Rob was fuming that it was a race-breaker. Kim, probably realizing two teams were behind them, said; “We’ll get on the next one.” Rob wasn’t letting go: “Let me have my moment.” “Have it,” she answered calmly before walking away. They had an hour wait. They sat alone in one cabin upset at the other two teams’ presence. “They’re just bugging me,” said Rob. Kimberly had a confessional: “Alabama race with a chip on their shoulders.” Rob agreed: “They’ve judged us from the get go.Before they even got to know us. That set the tone for our rapport” “It’s made it uncomfortable,” concluded Kim.

A mistake finding the mines left them in last place and, after freaking out, Rob showed his determination and caught up to the two other trailing teams after racing up the mine shaft. The race back to Helsinki was the occasion for Kim to express her confidence: “We can beat them in a foot race.” They did except, once more, they ran right pass the marker!

Erwin and Godwin continue to enjoy the ride.

The Chos start by reminding us of their alliance: “We miss David and Mary and want to race in memory of them,” said Gorwin. Erwin continued: “Once a member of the 6-Pack, always a member of the 6-pack.” It keeps it hard to see them as racers and their performance must drive their numerous fans crazy. They had lost 30 minutes to Dustin and Kandice in the last leg despite being with them through the detour.

Once more the Brothers quickly fell last in Tampere where “Being polite sucks sometimes,” because they wait their turn for a taxi while the Moms had acted like bullies. They got on the obstacle course detour with everyone else. They never were able to overcome Rob and Kim and Godwin had many difficulties: “I can’t feel my legs.”

Departing from the Turku train station they remark “It’s OK that Bama jumped ahead but it’s not our style. We would have waited for them.” They stayed with the other two teams through the roadblock. During the final ride to the Olympic stadium they agree that Rob and Kim could beat them in a foot race.

Lyn and Karlyn kept making enemies.

Karlyn has taken David’s UK hat and want the spirit of the alliance to live on with them and the Chos. Lyn gave us their thoughts: “In the past leg, the Chos worked with the Barbies but it doesn’t change that we are still in an alliance to work together. We’re all in the race to win it.” They arrived at the airport at the last moment and were very lucky that Godwin told them the flight plans of the group and where to purchase their tickets. Karlyn had one of her rare smiles when she jumped up and down to express her appreciation of the agent’s cooperation. “Don’t count me out,” said Lyn to the other racers as she boarded the plane. Is it prudent that we have counted them out for such a long time?”

Arriving in Finland, they pass the Chos’ taxi while Karlyn tells us: “We still have an alliance with the Chos but I don’t think we do the things we use to do such as following and waiting on each other.” Lyn agrees: “It is pretty cut throat. We need to do whatever we need to do to win it. We are in the Final 5.”

They really have it in for the Barbies. Lyn tells us: “They use their image to get ahead. They come out of the airport with their boobs hanging out and their arms hanging out. They gain plenty of attention.” Karlyn adds: “It makes you upset that you have a disadvantage because of your looks.” The Blondes exit was replayed in black and white and slow motion to underline the Moms’ comment. Since Bama were the ones that benefitted from the biggest outside help when they boarded even after check-in was closed, it made their comment appear petty.

The Kappeli Café was a nice moment for every team but especially for the Moms. Seeing their cute children was too much and they let the tears flow. After having often heard them tell us that they race for their kids and they want to make their kids proud, seeing the kids show their love now could be a sign that their story is reaching its conclusion. Karlyn did have another comment about winning for their kids in the train to Tampere.

In Tampere, Karlyn tells Lyn to forget the line for the taxi. They jumped the line to the dismay of the locals who told them there was a queue. The Moms even grabbed the door of the taxi out of the hands of a man ready to get in. Skiing in the muddy swamp was tough for them. Karlyn had never been on skis before but they kept in touch with the trailing teams.

The train ride to Turku, showed how they felt about Rob and Kimberly when they agreed with Erwin: “Do you feel the cold air?” “Those two are not our friends,” Lyn announced to anyone who was listening. Karlyn did her best in the roadblock and they stayed in a virtual tie with the other two teams.

What to make of all this?

With only one team remaining before reaching the final 4, there are two teams that could have reached some sort of conclusion. The Moms have made their children proud of them and the Chos have brought their alliance as far as they could.

We’ve been shown many conflicts between the Moms and the other three teams. We even see the start of discord between the last two members of the Back-Pack. Besides the previews, we already had the Brothers complaining that Bama doesn’t do things the way alliance mates should. Conflicts aren’t part of the friendly brothers’ story. That has been the Moms’ story since the start of episode #1 when they objected to the special treatment Sarah received. It is therefore harder to see the Moms’ story as being over despite the emotional contact from home. The Moms could very well squeeze the nice guys out of the final 4, proving that alliances aren’t the way to win TAR.

Beyond that, it is harder to say. The 3 other teams were seen early on as the real competitors even if the models started accumulating poor showings. Their athleticism is still hard to ignore, especially if the next legs are going to be as physical as the last one. Their story has been so thin that the reaction to their win would be “Ho-hum.” I’m inclined to think that we would have been shown more of them if they were to be the winners.

On the opposite side, we’ve seen a lot of the Alabama Moms and being out of shape makes us doubt that they can win. It is hard to see how their conflicts can be resolved any other way than seeing them reach the final mat and have to congratulate the winners. Since we know their kids are proud of them, the question left regarding their story seems to be: “Will they be gracious in defeat?”

Rob and Kim have shown growth in their characters during the course of the race. Rob started by telling us Kim needs to learn not to boss him around to admitting she thrives when she takes charge and that he finds her amazing. It is a good sign that they aren’t portrayed as poorly as in some of the early legs. They had interactions with the other final teams in the first episode that were put aside during the middle part of the race. Those legs were used to show their own arguments. The early interactions are resurfacing at this late stage and have become either conflicts or friendships. It may not be what we want to see but the growth that their story followed could be a sign that they are the winners.

The most favorable edit has certainly been given to the fun-loving, determined and successful Blondes. They have been shown as the best racers in this edition of the Amazing Race and have been given the most interactions with other teams. They appear to have been featured as our winners since the very start but lets keep in mind it could be a question of “The higher they go, the harder they fall.”

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents
  Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 TAR 10: The Racers, the Strategy an...   michel     08-20-06       
   RE: TAR 10: The Racers, the Strateg...   Earl Colby Pottinger     08-21-06     1  
     RE: TAR 10: The Racers, the Strateg...   Earl Colby Pottinger     08-21-06     2  
     RE: TAR 10: The Racers, the Strateg...   michel     09-13-06     3  
         RE: TAR 10: The Racers, the Strateg...   banzai     09-13-06     4  
             RE: TAR 10: The Racers, the Strateg...   michel     09-13-06     5  
   Episode #1: Surprises   michel     09-18-06     6  
     RE: Episode #1: Surprises   architecturegirl     09-19-06     7  
   RE: TAR 10: The Racers, the Strateg...   CTgirl     09-24-06     8  
     RE: TAR 10: The Racers, the Strateg...   michel     09-24-06     9  
     RE: TAR 10: The Racers, the Strateg...   Earl Colby Pottinger     09-24-06     10  
   Episode #2: Ups and downs.   michel     09-25-06     11  
     RE: Episode #2: Ups and downs.   beau_30     09-25-06     12  
     RE: Episode #2: Ups and downs.   CTgirl     09-28-06     13  
   Episode #3 Messy Business   michel     10-03-06     14  
     RE: Episode #3 Messy Business   CTgirl     10-06-06     15  
         RE: Episode #3 Messy Business   michel     10-07-06     16  
   Episode #4: Row, row, row your Sam...   michel     10-09-06     17  
     RE: Episode #4: Row, row, row your...   Flowerpower     10-09-06     18  
         RE: Episode #4: Row, row, row your...   Corvis     10-10-06     20  
     RE: Episode #4: Row, row, row your...   CTgirl     10-10-06     19  
     RE: Episode #4: Row, row, row your...   architecturegirl     10-12-06     21  
         RE: Episode #4: Row, row, row your...   michel     10-14-06     22  
   Post Episode 5...   Flowerpower     10-16-06     23  
     RE: Post Episode 5...   michel     10-16-06     24  
         RE: Post Episode 5...   ceedee     10-16-06     25  
             RE: Post Episode 5...   michel     10-16-06     26  
         RE: Post Episode 5...   mavs_fan     10-17-06     27  
         RE: Post Episode 5...   beau_30     10-17-06     28  
     RE: Post Episode 5...   CTgirl     10-17-06     29  
         Comments   michel     10-19-06     30  
             RE: Comments   mavs_fan     10-20-06     31  
   RE: TAR 10: The Racers, the Strateg...   mavs_fan     10-23-06     32  
     Episode #6: Helping Hands and Dirty...   michel     10-23-06     33  
         RE: Episode #6: Helping Hands and D...   cahaya     10-24-06     34  
         RE: Episode #6: Helping Hands and D...   CTgirl     10-24-06     37  
     RE: TAR 10: The Racers, the Strateg...   dabo     10-24-06     35  
     RE: TAR 10: The Racers, the Strateg...   CTgirl     10-24-06     36  
         RE: TAR 10: The Racers, the Strateg...   michel     10-24-06     38  
             RE: TAR 10: The Racers, the Strateg...   mavs_fan     10-29-06     39  
                 RE: TAR 10: The Racers, the Strateg...   MaryKat     10-29-06     40  
   Tonights Episode 10/29/06   beau_30     10-29-06     41  
     RE: Tonights Episode 10/29/06   mavs_fan     10-30-06     42  
     RE: Tonights Episode 10/29/06   Earl Colby Pottinger     10-30-06     43  
     One OR All and All for One   michel     10-30-06     44  
     RE: Tonights Episode 10/29/06   CTgirl     10-31-06     45  
         What if we're wrong?   michel     10-31-06     46  
             RE: What if we're wrong?   dabo     11-01-06     47  
                 RE: What if we're wrong?   michel     11-01-06     48  
             RE: What if we're wrong?   CTgirl     11-01-06     49  
   Episode #8 "He Can't Swim, But He C...   CTgirl     11-06-06     50  
     RE: Episode #8 "He Can't Swim, But ...   beau_30     11-06-06     51  
         RE: Episode #8: Teaming up.   michel     11-08-06     52  
             RE: Episode #8: Teaming up.   CTgirl     11-09-06     53  
                 RE: Episode #8: Teaming up.   michel     11-10-06     54  
   Episode #9 Cheap Shots and no Pit S...   michel     11-13-06     55  
     RE: Episode #9 Cheap Shots and no P...   CTgirl     11-14-06     56  
   Episode #10: The Final 4 Revealed   michel     11-20-06     57  
     RE: Episode #10: The Final 4 Reveal...   CTgirl     11-21-06     58  
         RE: Episode #10: The Final 4 Reveal...   Earl Colby Pottinger     11-21-06     59  
     RE: Episode #10: The Final 4 Reveal...   mavs_fan     11-22-06     60  
         RE: Episode #10: The Final 4 Reveal...   CTgirl     11-22-06     61  
             Episode #10: Thoughts   michel     11-22-06     62  
                 RE: Episode #10: Thoughts   CTgirl     11-24-06     63  
                     RE: Episode #10: Thoughts   Flowerpower     11-26-06     64  
   Tar Episode #11: The Feud   michel     11-28-06     65  
     RE: Tar Episode #11: The Feud   CTgirl     11-28-06     66  
         RE: Tar Episode #11: The Feud   Earl Colby Pottinger     11-28-06     67  
     RE: Tar Episode #11: The Feud   mavs_fan     11-29-06     68  
         RE: Tar Episode #11: The Feud   Peetah     11-29-06     71  
             RE: Tar Episode #11: The Feud   mavs_fan     11-30-06     73  
     RE: Tar Episode #11: The Feud   architecturegirl     11-29-06     70  
   RE: TAR 10: The Racers, the Strateg...   jbug     11-29-06     69  
     More Speculation...   CTgirl     11-29-06     72  
         RE: More Speculation...   mavs_fan     11-30-06     74  
   TAR 10: The Final 3   michel     12-04-06     75  
     RE: TAR 10: The Final 3   CTgirl     12-05-06     76  
   RE: TAR 10: Tar 11: The Racers and ...   Earl Colby Pottinger     12-05-06     77  
     RE: TAR 10: Tar 11: The Racers and ...   CTgirl     12-05-06     78  
         RE: TAR 10: Tar 11: The Racers and ...   Earl Colby Pottinger     12-06-06     79  
             RE: TAR 10: Tar 11: The Racers and ...   michel     12-06-06     80  
                 RE: TAR 10: Tar 11: The Racers and ...   mocha madness     12-06-06     81  
                 RE: TAR 10: Tar 11: The Racers and ...   mavs_fan     12-10-06     82  
                     RE: TAR 10: Tar 11: The Racers and ...   jenjk     12-10-06     83  
                         RE: TAR 10: Tar 11: The Racers and ...   mavs_fan     12-11-06     84  
   The Finale!   CTgirl     12-12-06     85  
     Post Mortem   michel     12-12-06     86  
         RE: Post Mortem   CTgirl     12-13-06     87  

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •