The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Big Brother #14 Live Feeds, Week #4..."
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Conferences Big Brother Live Feed Updates And Spoilers (Protected)
Current Message

Estee 57126 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

08-06-12, 05:32 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
27. "RE: Danielle The Submissive."
Speaking as a half-breed godless Northern social liberal who works in the unholy industry of adult entertainment specifically in order to destabilize the moral fabric of America? I have known women from Danielle's rough area who think and act in the way I've described above. I've known ones who don't. To me, she comes across as the former. It's my impression of her based on available evidence. I can be wrong -- but I'll need some evidence going the other way. Your mileage may and has varied.

So it goes.

(And the same personality types show up around here as natives. But for the South, it's almost a character trope -- one which the show would be happy to cast for -- and frequently an encouraged lifestyle, especially for some faiths. If you don't know anyone like that personally, way to beat the odds.)

If you're waiting for Danielle to strike out her own, I'd advise against breath-holding. From all indications, the plan to backdoor Janelle pretty much began and ended with Dan, right down to the rehearsed excuses given out after the Veto ceremony ended. Danielle has already said she basically sees Dan as a father figure, and given the nightmare she keeps describing of her family life, she may have been looking for one since roughly the age of five seconds: she's not going to take an immediate chance on offending this version. She will listen and she will follow.

The question almost becomes 'Who does she emotionally need more: the comfort of a substitute parent or the protection of a loving man?' That's a rough call. Shane is reluctant to lead her on romantically -- most of the time: that kiss after she won HoH may have had a little too much plan in it. (Then again, that may be the least offensive and most public-airwave kiss delivered to an HoH all season.) But if he went all-out Drew on her and led her down the garden path with promises of rings and vows and Happily Ever After? I feel he'd win her away from Dan in the time it took her to jump on top of him again.

Is it possible that Danielle's playing the emotionally needy submissive in order to be viewed as a non-threat and make it deeper into the game? Wouldn't that be a tactic to behold. Lots of people have deliberately undercut their challenge efforts in order to move down the cage's elimination schedule -- but to carefully hollow out your entire personality? It's a rare hamster who could make that one work. I won't call the odds on it as zero -- just very close to it. You'd think that by now, we would have seen some form of wink-wink nudge-nudge see-how-I-just-fooled-them in the DR, or at least a knowing side glance towards the feed cameras. So either she's the greatest actress in genre history who added in a million sad stories to keep the audience more-or-less enthralled, a full-out case of Disassociative Personality Disorder, or this is her. Place your bets carefully -- but personally, I'll go with 'This is the real Danielle'. And that may make independence the narrowest space on the Wheel Of No $500K Fortune.

I think the best chance of having Danielle go independent is if the majority of the cage utterly rejects her -- with special emphasis on the two men in her current life. Should Shane get through with any version of 'The only interests I have in you are your vote and beating you in front of the jury' and Dan's fifty billion alliance variations finally reach one that openly includes her out plus the rest of the cast breaks down laughing at the sight of her betrayed expression, then she might grab the whip and start flailing in all directions. Shane might do his part there: he's got the lack of long-term thinking to blurt something out in a really bad moment. Dan -- more guarded, more careful, completed a tour of this minefield once before without being blown up, and that was right after his army buddy hit the biggest charge on his first step. He's gotten to know Danielle. Carefully. At this point, he has to have a really good idea where most of the buttons are and how not to push the bad ones. He could get caught in a lie -- but I don't feel he'll ever infuriate her in direct conversation. Not until close to the end, when it's too late to do anything about it. And even then, he might have her vote.

So someone has to get her mad. Multiple someones. And then she could take revenge as only a good southern Christian woman can: with maximum damage to all parties involved --

-- but again, how do you like your chances?

As for the show pretty much svcking this year...

...well, yeah.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents
  Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 Big Brother #14 Live Feeds, Week #4...   Estee     08-02-12       
   RE: Big Brother #14 Live Feeds, Wee...   michel     08-02-12     1  
   RE: Big Brother #14 Live Feeds, Wee...   Estee     08-02-12     2  
     RE: Big Brother #14 Live Feeds, Wee...   michel     08-02-12     3  
         RE: Big Brother #14 Live Feeds, Wee...   kingfish     08-03-12     4  
   RE: Big Brother #14 Live Feeds, Wee...   tribephyl     08-03-12     5  
     RE: Big Brother #14 Live Feeds, Wee...   Estee     08-03-12     6  
   Short form.   Estee     08-03-12     7  
   Mystery partially solved.   Estee     08-03-12     8  
   Prepare to be ill.   Estee     08-03-12     9  
     RE: Prepare to be ill.   Wacko Jacko     08-03-12     10  
         RE: Prepare to be ill.   michel     08-03-12     11  
             RE: Prepare to be ill.   Starshine     08-09-12     41  
     RE: Prepare to be ill.   michel     08-03-12     12  
     Nominations are in...   Rebel Crown     08-03-12     13  
   Somewhere, Dr. Will is crying   Rebel Crown     08-04-12     14  
     RE: Somewhere, Dr. Will is crying   Estee     08-04-12     15  
   Veto players drawn.   Estee     08-04-12     16  
   Danielle The Submissive.   Estee     08-05-12     17  
     RE: Danielle The Submissive.   michel     08-05-12     18  
         RE: Danielle The Submissive.   Estee     08-05-12     19  
             RE: Danielle The Submissive.   michel     08-05-12     20  
     RE: Danielle The Submissive.   Gasten4     08-06-12     26  
         RE: Danielle The Submissive.   Estee     08-06-12     27  
             RE: Danielle The Submissive.   Gasten4     08-06-12     29  
   Seriously, don't bother applying...   Estee     08-06-12     21  
     RE: Seriously, don't bother appl...   michel     08-06-12     28  
         RE: Seriously, don't bother appl...   Gasten4     08-06-12     30  
             RE: Seriously, don't bother appl...   michel     08-06-12     32  
   But the ants were happy.   Estee     08-06-12     22  
     RE: But the ants were happy.   bdemoney     08-06-12     23  
         RE: But the ants were happy.   Wacko Jacko     08-06-12     24  
             It is.   Estee     08-06-12     25  
                 RE: It is.   michel     08-06-12     31  
   Here we go again.   Estee     08-07-12     33  
     RE: Here we go again.   Round Robin     08-08-12     35  
   Worst alliance name ever.   Estee     08-07-12     34  
   Bash, rinse, repeat   Rebel Crown     08-08-12     36  
     RE: Bash, rinse, repeat   Estee     08-08-12     37  
   The nastiest possible twist?   Estee     08-09-12     38  
     RE: The nastiest possible twist?   michel     08-09-12     39  
         RE: The nastiest possible twist?   Estee     08-09-12     40  
             RE: The nastiest possible twist?   michel     08-09-12     42  
                 RE: The nastiest possible twist?   drich61     08-10-12     43  

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •