The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Don't base your Colby prediction on red herrings!!!"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

Conspiracy Jim 198 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

04-25-01, 05:18 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Conspiracy%20Jim Click to send private message to Conspiracy%20Jim Click to check IP address of the poster
"Don't base your Colby prediction on red herrings!!!"
Looking at the "who goes thread" the overwelling feeling is Colby. I must admit that it was hard for me to start to believe that it is not him. The Brain Trust and Jesus came out with the final bootee order last week and this weighed heavily into my thought process for this week. They have been right so far. Sure they have gotten some things wrong but for the most part were right on. Since they got the non-important things wrong, that meant that they must be legitimate as a Red Herring source would know everything down to the specific things that were said, let alone who won the RC. I guess that it just seems that everyone is basing their prediction on the Jesus and brain Trust info, and that is just bad spoiling. The only evidence that Colby has against him is the following...

1. He has won too many challenges so the others might be gunning for him.
2. The Las Vegas spoiler (though this only means that he stayed at the lodge at some time).
3. Tina wants Keith with him in the finals.

Other than those there really isn't much pointing at Colby. in fact now that we know what the IC is, wouldn't it favor a person with high endurance. Colby is definitely that person. Sure the balance beam portion favors one of the gals. In any case keith does not seem the right person to win. If Colby wins then Liz is likely gone. If one of the gals wins then Keith is likely gone. Where in that is it Colby?

Anyway, now that I have vented, here below is my response post to the weekly council vote thread.

Please reanalyze and when doing so do not let the Jesus or brain trust info come into your prediction. Everything else available is good spoiler info. The Pics (including the Jury Pic), the type of challenge, what Colby and Liz must be thinking based on who wins immunity, etc. Then, just like in the regular thread, post the name of who goes this week. Now I am not trying to get the board prediction to change, just wanted to see if we do not take the Jesus and Brain trust info into mind then what do we get?

I personally would have to come to the realization that Liz is gone as I believe that Colby would likely win the IC. But due to believing that the Jury Pic is a Red Herring and also the Brain Trust and Jesus predictions, I then come up with the only reasonable prediction left...

KEITH.

Thanks and if I came off harsh then I am sorry, don't forget to read below.

Conspiracy Jim
"Ya, sure we went to the moon"?!!!

I guess the reason why I am just a bit annoyed rigth now is that we are likely picking too early and many are going with Colby mostly due to your very persuasive arguments (directed at Shakes). The problem with them are that Keith has a very good chance of going this week and even Liz can go in one scenerio. Your discussions along with Jesus and the Brain trust means that everyone is jumping on the bandwagon and there is a better than 50% chance that the board will be wrong this week. There are only three people that are eligible to go and it all comes down to immunity and who has the power.

1. Colby wins IC, he has the power to vote off Keith or Liz, Liz goes as he wants to be in final 2 against Keith. He'll take his chance in the final IC.

2. Liz wins immunity, Liz has the power. Colby knows that T and K will vote for him so he MUST try to get Liz to allign with him against Keith. He would have about a 50% chance of convincing Liz to do so. Either Colby or Keith go depending on Liz' whims.

3. Tina wins immunty, Liz has the power. Colby would have to realize that T and K are gunning for him. As such he MUST allign, or at least attempt to, with Liz. He has about 50% chance of convincing her to vote against Keith. Either Colby or Keith go depending on IF Colby is smart enough to realize the predicament and Liz' whims.

4. Keith wins immunity, T and K have the power. No doubt, Colby is DONE!!!

It comes down to who will win immunity. Now that we are pretty sure what the IC is, who do we think has the best shot? The speed and endurance portions favor Colby. The ballance beam favors the gals. Everyone would have to agree that since there is some sort of water filling going on, similar to the the fire tower IC, that endurance will be a BIG part of this challenge. Also it seems as though MB may want Colby to win? the challenges sure have favored him. He has likely the best odds at winning the challenge and thus Liz has a good shot at going. But then there is that Jury pic. If we are to believe that it is a red herring then Liz stays. But if that is a red herring then so must the Brain Trust final 4 predictions and the Jesus final 4 predictions. Tell me why both didn't stick with their weekly pic this week and instead went to a final 4 bottee order? Is it totally impossible for both to be the handywork of MB? I would have to say no. Should we make our prediction based mostly on the Jesus prediction, I would say no. But Shakes says it has to happen, I say not necessarily. Brain trust has been ALMOST right for the past seven weeks (SO HAVE WE WITHOUT THEIR HELP).

MY BEST SUGGESTION IS MAKE YOUR PICK BASED ON THE EVIDENCE AND NOT ON ANYTHING THAT THE BRAINTRUST OR JESUS PREDICTED.

If everything is fake, then only the thing left is real. The Braintrust and Jesus say Colby, the Jury pic says Liz, we know for sure that Tina can not go, so who is left?...

KEITH!!!

Conspiracy jim
"Ya, sure we went to the moon"?!!!

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 Give others a little credit, please Bebo 04-25-01 1
   I agree Bebo... MDSkinner 04-25-01 2
 RE: Don't base your Colby predictio... true 04-25-01 3
 RE: Don't base your Colby predictio... Play2Survive 04-25-01 4
 RE: Don't base your Colby predictio... Outfrontgirl 04-25-01 5
   No "brain trust picks" yet! AyatollahKhomeini 04-25-01 6
       RE: No "brain trust picks" yet! SurvivorBlows 04-26-01 8
   RE: Don't base your Colby predictio... SurvivorBlows 04-26-01 9
 Colby has the power? bebekid 04-25-01 7
   RE: Colby has the power? Conspiracy Jim 04-26-01 10
 RE: Don't base your Colby predictio... volmel 04-26-01 11
   RE: Don't base your Colby predictio... MDSkinner 04-26-01 12
       RE: Don't base your Colby predictio... volmel 04-26-01 13
           RE: Don't base your Colby predictio... MDSkinner 04-26-01 15
               RE: Don't base your Colby predictio... volmel 04-26-01 17
 RE: Don't base your Colby predictio... BlondeGirl 04-26-01 14
   RE: Don't base your Colby predictio... Conspiracy Jim 04-26-01 16
       RE: Early Show Previes Outfrontgirl 04-26-01 18

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Bebo 21083 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

04-25-01, 05:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Bebo Click to send private message to Bebo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "Give others a little credit, please"
Yes, I voted Colby, but it was not based on the braintrust or Jesus picks. If you look at my vote, you'll see that I consider Keith the second most likely pick. I made my choice on what strategy I thought would be employed by the remaining players.

Basically, there are only three possible choices this week, even though there are 4 left, since Tina could only lose a 3-1 vote and I don't see Keith being stupid enough to vote against her.

Lis's vote will be determined by what it takes to save her own hide. If she could count on Colby, then the safest route would be a vote for Keith. But she and Colby have only voted together once -- to get rid of Scerri. And from what we've been shown, Tina and Colby are still close. Would voting with Colby to oust Keith really help her out all that much, since he wouldn't pick her to go into the final 2? Basically, the odds of her getting into the finals are based solely on surviving this vote and winning the final IC, so she has nothing to gain by suddenly pairing with the Colbster.

Tina has to realize the danger of going against Colby in the final 2. It seems pretty clear that Scerri and Lamber would vote for him over her, so she'd be at the mercy of pleading her case amongst the Kucha against him. I don't think it's all that clear-cut who would be favored by the Kuchie. That would be a lot tougher than going against Keith, and she probably thinks she could get the Scerri/Lamber votes if against Keith. And which one does she think that she and Keith would have a better chance of beating in and IC -- Lis or Colby? I think Tina would rate herself above Lis in the ability to win a challenge (right or wrong, I think she'd think so), but would be more worried about Colby given his success rate so far.

Keith's been riding the Tina wagon for way too long to get off now and would see Colby as a bigger IC challenge than Lis, so Tina would be able to convince him to vote for Colby now and pick off Lis next time.

MDSkinner 716 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

04-25-01, 06:04 PM (EST)
Click to EMail MDSkinner Click to send private message to MDSkinner Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "I agree Bebo..."
I also chose Colby, but I refuse to base my picks strictly on the Brain Trust or the Jesus pick.

To me Colby is the most logical choice. If you are Liz or Tina or Colby, who do you want to join you in the final two more than any other person???????? Keith, thats who. He is the one person that any of these three will beat, and that each of these three feel comfortable that they would beat. It is possible that if Liz wins immunity that Colby will attempt to get her to vote with him against Keith, but at this point I believe that she will side with Keith and Tina. Why do I think that, you may ask? Because even Liz feels she has a better shot at making the final two, or winning the vote against Tina or Keith ahead of Colby.

At this stage, Colby does seem like the logical choice. Keith would be illogical for either of them because he would be weak in the final two voting. Just my 2 cents.

true 9689 desperate attention whore postings

04-25-01, 06:11 PM (EST)
Click to EMail true Click to send private message to true Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Don't base your Colby prediction on red herrings!!!"
With all due respect to Shakes Colby definately goes theory, I see everything you point to as a good possible scenario. Maybe it's wishful thinking, but I think Keith has a better chance of getting booted this week than most people seem to think. Liz did vote for him the last 2 TC. I think they are all sick of Colby winning IC, but I think Colby is a little smarter than most people give him credit.(not a lot, but he clearly has some strategy beyond winning everything) I haven't voted yet, so I appreciate your point of view. Very thoughtful.

Play2Survive 270 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

04-25-01, 06:12 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Play2Survive Click to send private message to Play2Survive Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Don't base your Colby prediction on red herrings!!!"
I am quite convinced it is Colby, but not because of Jesus (please!), although Brain Trust carries some weight. I'd just like to point out my two main reasons for what it's worth:

1) If Liz or Tina win immunity, it's COLBY. A lot of people agree with you Jim that Keith will go if one of the women win immunity and I just cannot agree. Everyone knows the immense importance of the final IC. That coupled with the fact that Keith is a more desireable Final 2 opponent means there's really NO valid reason to part with Keith over Colby. It would be uncharacteristically foolish of Tina to make that choice. She won't. Nor will Liz.

2) Colby owned E12. He provided the exposition and 75% of the interviews. He talked about how his game with Keith was done (which told me everyone else's game with Colby is done). This formula re: editing has been consistent throughout the season. Points clearly to Colby.

Outfrontgirl 6830 desperate attention whore postings

04-25-01, 06:48 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Outfrontgirl Click to send private message to Outfrontgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Don't base your Colby prediction on red herrings!!!"
CJ, I like that you started a thread for spoilers to ignore the people who seem to have insider information. I agree that's the main reason to vote for Colby. At this point, they've been right so much that I distrust my own sense of how it should go, but arriving at our own conclusions is really the only fun and challenging way to go. IMO.

MY SPEC ON IMMUNITY VARIATIONS

1) Colby wins IC
If Colby gets immunity, and I believe he can do it with this challenge, then he has to get off the fence as to whether he wants to let Lis win more money and get rid of Keith (whom he's pissed at). He has to weigh that against his desire to have Keith against him with jury. The spoiler with Colby asking "how bad do you want the money?" indicates that he'll at least grapple with the dilemma. Amber's chat mentioned that Colby had a hard time making up his mind with whom to trust or ally and that he was prone to change.

If Colby wins his fourth IC in a row, I think he or anyone (even with the help of MB/JP) would feel concerned that the streak had run its course and that next time he will lose IC.

You can't make the F2 if you get taken out at 3rd, and he knows that T/K will do exactly that if Lis gets booted this time and either of them wins the last IC (very good odds if it's endurance, their forte). To save himself, Colby needs to think about booting Keith while he can, so that he'll be the one Tina wants for F2. It's not a scary bet that weak Lis won't win IC, and so, with Keith gone, he'd be facing the jury with Tina.
I think he might not like that as much as with Keith, but keeping Keith is just too risky.

Look at the odds: you compete against 2 players in the final IC.
In one scenario, you go to the jury unless the weakest person wins.
In the second, you face two strong competitors and if either wins, you're out.
This should outweigh the temptation to hang on to Keith.

If Colby gets IC, Lis is the T/K target, so of course she will join Colby to vote out Keith as it's a sure thing.

2) If Lis wins immunity, Colby's the T/K target, IMO, because Tina can't take the chance that he'll win the next IC, because strategy dictates he'll choose Keith and Tina will be 3rd.
If Tina goes into F3 with Lis and Keith, there's almost no chance that Tina doesn't go to the jury. I do not believe Lis would choose Keith over Tina, simply for strategic reasons. If Lis gets to the end with those two, she'll feel like she owes it to Tina and she'll pick her to get 2nd place prize money so that she can feel she did the good and right thing. (I don't think Lis will make it; I'm just addressing the potential scenario).

If Lis wins IC this time, she makes F3 either way, so as you say, we can't really predict how she'll go. Some think Tina has her sewed up, but we know she has a conscience and doesn't like Keith. Again, she and Colby could oust Keith.

3) If Keith wins IC, Colby is toast. Tina and Keith will also take the odds that one of them will beat Lis in the IC. Lis, the alternate target will clearly join with T/K; her only other vote option would be for Tina, which is a throwaway and dangerous.

4) If Tina wins IC, all 3 targets are wide open. Lis will have reason to be very nervous that the Ogie 3 will send her packing after Rodger. Keith will worry about Lis and Colby; Colby about Tina and Keith recruiting Lis against him.

This should almost force Colby to approach Lis about Keith, and if she can trust that he's really going to vote for Keith, that's her ticket to go with same sure thing as in 1) above.

If Tina comes to her and offers to save her to oust Colby the immunity threat, Lis might believe her and if Tina's sincere, Colby will be toast as in 2). Tina and Keith could plan to boot Lis and just get her to vote against Colby to prevent her allying with him.

In sum, Keith's the most at risk if he loses immunity because it only takes Colby and Lis uniting.

Lis should be behind both males for boot preference, unless the Ogie 3 decide it's all for one and one for all just as they promised each other. Not bloody likely, at this point, IMO.

Colby's gone if Keith wins, or if Tina cinches Lis' support.

ODDS SUMMARY
1 shot against Colby (Keith IC);
1 definitely against Keith (Colby IC);

2 could go Keith or Colby,
depending on Lis' bond with Tina weighing against Lis' annoyance with Keith (Lis or Tina IC), and possibly factoring in Lis' hope for a better chance at winning Final IC if Colby's gone.

3 outside shots against Lis that the "loyal" Ogies hang together.

Shakes' pattern dictates an Ogie's out. Shakes can only be right that it's Colby if he loses immunity, despite the pattern.
Do we have a spoiler that assures us Keith makes it, other than the brain trust/claimed insiders?

Lastly, we haven't done anything that I've seen to decipher the preview spoiler that "the person they trust the most may turn out to be the ultimate betrayer." Can this help us?
Why would any of them trust any one of them, and at this point of the game, what really qualifies as serious betrayal? Don't they all accept that all alliances are on their last legs?

AyatollahKhomeini 2008 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

04-25-01, 06:57 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AyatollahKhomeini Click to send private message to AyatollahKhomeini Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "No "brain trust picks" yet!"
Just to add to this thread what I discussed in the voting thread. As far as I know, there are NO ellipsiiis brain trust predictions about the boot in E13 at this time, just Jesus and survivorbillybob.

SurvivorBlows 15230 desperate attention whore postings

04-26-01, 01:46 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivorBlows Click to send private message to SurvivorBlows Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: No "brain trust picks" yet!"
For the record, there's also been no official SB pick yet (although I'm currently leaning toward Colby getting booted, but waiting for the Early Show info before deciding for sure)

...I see Colby as the logical pick, but am hoping for some more info on the IM to give us a better feeling that his winning streak finally breaks this week.

Jesus is a joke -- I've seen nothing from this guy that tells me he's not just reading some of the various prediction boards (and maybe even the Brain Trust's, heck, SurvivorNews was able to get access to their info) and repeating it. I'll bet he's not even a TV writer and the whole thing is a hoax. Re: his final prediction order -- there's no great shocker in it, it's probably the most logical order. The eyada.com guys have been promoting the hell out of him -- including sending SB daily emails on 4/17, 4/18, and 4/19, and the whole thing smells like either prank or publicity stunt (anyone remember the voice analysis company from S1???)

The bottom line is I don't think folks are really being lemmings about this, sure, maybe some of following "Jesus", but more of the folks are probably just following the Colby/Keith "rift" that has been shown of late, along with the dirty looks Keith and Tina have been giving Colby after every challenge the past few weeks -- they don't need someone else to make them feel Colby is on borrowed time. ...from the moment this week's poll opened at midnight last Thursday, Colby was the overwelming favorite, and that was before news of "Jesus" was picked up by the general media (and as we've dicussed before, the majority of the poll voters are casual fans, not spoiler sleuths who would have already read about Jesus)

SurvivorBlows 15230 desperate attention whore postings

04-26-01, 01:49 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivorBlows Click to send private message to SurvivorBlows Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Don't base your Colby prediction on red herrings!!!"

>Lastly, we haven't done anything that
>I've seen to decipher the
>preview spoiler that "the person
>they trust the most may
>turn out to be the
>ultimate betrayer." Can this
>help us?
>Why would any of them trust
>any one of them, and
>at this point of the
>game, what really qualifies as
>serious betrayal? Don't they
>all accept that all alliances
>are on their last legs?

Trying to ID this person is near useless to me since it doesn't say the person they trust the most WILL BETRAY THEM. ...without that, it's telling me nothing concrete about Person X -- so why bother trying to ID them?

bebekid 1621 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

04-25-01, 11:11 PM (EST)
Click to EMail bebekid Click to send private message to bebekid Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "Colby has the power?"
First let me say that I have voted for Colby in the boot poll. But I base my prediction somewhat on spoilers, but more on Tina's strategy. She is in control of the game. I can't say for 100% certainty that Colby will go this week, but I am 99% sure it will be either Colby or Keith.

You say if Colby wins the IC, he has the power to vote off Keith or Lis and would chose Lis because he wants to take Keith to final 2. Tina WILL NOT let this happen. She cannot afford to have both of them in the final 3 and risk Colby winning final IC and choosing Keith. If Colby wins immunity (possible, but I sure hope not), Tina will have no choice but to boot Keith. And Lis will vote with her (Lis can't vote for Colby and won't vote for Tina). Colby and Keith will vote Lis, but of course Keith will lose tie-breaker. So I would say that Tina, with no previous votes, will be in charge of this TC, just like all the others. And IF Tina allows both Colby and Keith to go with her to final 3, I will have misjudged her shrewdness!

04-26-01, 09:51 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Conspiracy%20Jim Click to send private message to Conspiracy%20Jim Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Colby has the power?"
Your idea that Tina would boot Keith with Liz' help when and if COlby wins immunity does not make logical sense to me. Tina's only ally is Keith. Because of him, she stays no matter what, as long as she sticks with him. He would likely pick Tina to be in the final 2 with if it was down to him, Tina and either COlby or Liz. This works in Tina's favor, so why would she betray him?

Also, both COlby and Tina would like to be in the final 2 against Keith. Why boot him when you can definitely boot Liz by keeping the Ogakor alliance?

CJ

volmel 362 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

04-26-01, 10:03 AM (EST)
Click to EMail volmel Click to send private message to volmel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Don't base your Colby prediction on red herrings!!!"
This may be my last week to say this, so I'm going to say it one more time (maybe for the last). I believe there has been a Tina/Colby alliance for a while. I think it started when Tina talked Colby into voting to kick off Mitchell instead of Keith. She said something like "do you want to vote with Jerri or do you want to win a million dollars" (paraphrasing). I think in exchange for helping her save the tribe, she promised him a trip to the Final 2.

It appeared that Keith was much more grateful to Tina and needed her more than she ever needed him. She saved his ass twice (getting off the pole, and getting Mitchell voted off instead of Keith) and now his time is done and his usefullness to her is done.

I may be eating crow tomorrow, but watching her, I think this is the way her mind has been working.

This is Big Orange and Tina Wesson country.

04-26-01, 10:16 AM (EST)
Click to EMail MDSkinner Click to send private message to MDSkinner Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Don't base your Colby prediction on red herrings!!!"
I disagree Volmel. You say that Keith's usefullness to Tina is over with in her mind, but I am not sure how. It seems to me that this is the time when Keith can be the most useful to Tina. We all feel, and I would venture to say that Tina feels that she has a better shot of winning the million against Keith than against either Liz or Colby. That being said, it seems to me that it is time for her to cash in on all of the times that she has saved Keith's ass by bringing him into the final two with her, or by Keith taking her. If Tina wants to win, then Keith is still very useful to her, IMO. She may not be able to beat Colby and definitely not Liz in the final two jury voting.

04-26-01, 10:22 AM (EST)
Click to EMail volmel Click to send private message to volmel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Don't base your Colby prediction on red herrings!!!"
I guess I'm going with more the angle that she and Colby (if they are indeed an alliance) would take a chance on going against Liz in a final immunity challenge over Keith. Thinking that one of them, either Tina or Colby could beat Liz in a final immunity, and therefore choose the other one to go to the final 2.

This is Big Orange and Tina Wesson country.

04-26-01, 10:37 AM (EST)
15. "RE: Don't base your Colby prediction on red herrings!!!"
And I have no doubt that they would both feel that one of them could beat Liz in the final immunity. But I am not sure that either Colby or Tina would want to go into the final two together if either of them feels they have a chance to do so with Keith. Keith is the most valuable person out there right now to all of them, IMO, simply because he would be the easiest to beat in the final two voting. I have no doubt in my mind that Tina would far prefer to be in the final two with Keith than with Colby, and I really sincerely doubt that there is a Colby and Tina alliance(I did not see Colby vote for Amber, put it that way). If you ask me, if I were any of the three Liz, Colby or Tina I would definitely want to keep Keith around right now, just because he gives them each the best chance at the million, which is what should be the most important thing to each of them at this stage. And Tina is not stupid, as you know. She wants that million, and that is why she has been so close to Keith for so long. He just about guarantees her the million in the final two voting.

04-26-01, 12:11 PM (EST)
17. "RE: Don't base your Colby prediction on red herrings!!!"
LAST EDITED ON 04-26-01 AT 12:14 PM (EST)

Dammit MD, you make some good points!

BlondeGirl 66 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

04-26-01, 10:30 AM (EST)
Click to EMail BlondeGirl Click to send private message to BlondeGirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Don't base your Colby prediction on red herrings!!!"

>
>It comes down to who will
>win immunity. Now that
>we are pretty sure what
>the IC is, who do
>we think has the best
>shot? The speed and
>endurance portions favor Colby.
>The ballance beam favors the
>gals. Everyone would have
>to agree that since there
>is some sort of water
>filling going on, similar to
>the the fire tower IC,
>that endurance will be a
>BIG part of this challenge.

Just curious, now that we know (thanks to the Morning Show) that this is the Reward challenge, does this make any difference in anyone's thinking? Does everyone still believe that "Paired Up" will be the IC? Any one of the four should have a fair shot at that!

BlondeGirl

04-26-01, 10:49 AM (EST)
16. "RE: Don't base your Colby prediction on red herrings!!!"
Yes,
That changes much. I was convinced a few days ago that the challenge that we saw was "the ultimate IC" as some said it was explained. And in fact it may be but MB has decided to throw a Morning Show red herring at us since the overall feel of this board has been shidting away from Colby since my posts yesturday, especially due to what we thought was the IC. The "Ultimate Challenge" would definitely favor Colby and thus a Liz ousting would be expected. The "Paired Up" challenge could go to anyone. If one of the gals won then Colby would have to try and allign with Liz to take out Keith. It still comes down to who wins immunity, no matter what it is...

Colby wins - Liz gone
Keith wins - Colby gone
Gal wins - Colby or Keith (I sway towards Keith) gone

That is the logic...

Question...

Did they show anything pertaining to the IC? The more I think about it I still think that the challenge that we saw is the IC as the RC is likely where the guest would be used and I believe that the Corc Hunter is the guy, but we'll see.

CJ

Outfrontgirl 6830 desperate attention whore postings

04-26-01, 02:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Outfrontgirl Click to send private message to Outfrontgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: Early Show Previes"
CJ,
I was the one who posted that the latest CBS preview showed the combination challenge, at the same time the voiceover announced they would face the ultimate immunity challenge. I was accurate about the preview, but it turns out the preview misled.

The Early Show clip is unequivocal that it's RC. Probst is explaining to them that it is the LAST RC (so that answers the question of whether the Final 3 get a reward).

He then explains the object is to see if they've learned anything by giving them a reward challenge that combines elements from previous challenges: shackles and blindfold through rope maze; they get the key to take shackles off after solving puzzle; they have to repeat fire-building/water bucket by gathering kindling and walking water bucket over balance beam; first person to get bucket up to light fuse wins.
I may have forgotten some element, but that's essentially it.

Probst said not a word about the nature of the reward, only described the challenge, and there was no hint whatsoever about the IC.

What we do have for IC may be the shot of Lis wearing the black and white striped top and looking down as if focusing on a board, so that's compatible with Paired Off. In all the other vidcaps she's wearing her pink top/Survivor bandana.

I think Colby or Keith could win Paired Off. Tina has shown squeamishness about crawly critters before, and it sounds like they have to hold on to a lot of things at once. Now if the women could win by making matches not involving snakes and spiders, they would have a better chance; there's going to be a luck element if it's Paired Off as to what pairs are matchable when a person's turn comes up.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •