The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"I Can Stop Watching Now"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences American Idol General Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

crashstop 12 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

04-14-05, 06:17 AM (EST)
Click to EMail crashstop Click to send private message to crashstop Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"I Can Stop Watching Now"
Nadia's Gone. Scott's still in. Let's see why that happened...

Scott, favorite song of the series, what would it be?
....uuuhhhhh.....faaav-I-I have two...........Buuuuhhh (yes, yes, yes, he did say buh, he can't even articulate the word uh. UUUUHHHHH!!!!) crowd laughs <- Why? Who are these people? What world are they from? Okay, back to Planet of the Ape Boy: Against All Odds and She's Gone (Nadia?)
Okay, that...it's...the point of this is to get your favorite song so you can sing it. You have to choose ONE! Didn't they warn you? I mean, the big tv guy has your background ready to go. Look at the band, they've already turned to the page. Give us the damn song name and sing it! I know, I know, he's just being nice to Hall and Oates. If I really want to remind you of Scott saying something that makes you want to throw something at him (or worse), it would be his after-critique butt-in. Ah, what the hell. First, he's clapping for himself after his own performance. A little wierd, right? Am I the only one who thinks so? Then after Simon's negative assesment:

So what's real is that, I'm up hear and there's like millions of people at home who didn't have the nerve to do this so I think I rock.

I'm laughing so hard, I think this is a joke, but what's going on, the audience didn't get the joke, I guess, because they're...they are clapping for him (Scott claps for himself again). Okay, assuming for the second that it wasn't a joke, well, if anything, it was more of an insult for 290 million people in America. Oh, wait, I'm in the military so I know I couldn't have tried out. So maybe I shouldn't count all the others in the military, like the soldiers in Iraq. Or maybe I should, I mean do they have nerve? The nerve to make a fool of themselves and sing off key and sway back and forth. Do they? Darn it, Scott, you got me there. Jerry Seinfeld, in an act, said people were polled and their #1 fear is performing in front of an audience. Second was death. Well, I know which of these 2 fears I wish Scott was facing, but that just strengthens Scott's point. Point well taken; you are the bravest man in America. Some stupid kid probably asked him for his autograph this week, and it gave him the I have fan's mentality.

But he was safe. Wait Ryan, is it too late to remind America about his domestic violence record. I've seen his mugshot online. He's a creep. No. Scott sways on over the the safe group. And I remember that my Nadia is now against Bo. For a second, I thought maybe this whole 1 hour show with promises of twists and Paula's Bo rantings may be a hint of a huge shock of Bo leaving. That's why it was hard to watch Nadia go. No, it's not. That's not it at all. Nadia rocks. I didn't know her at all when we got into the top 24. Out walks this girl with a head full of hair, and I say, come on come on, I want to see some Carrie and some Mario. But then she sang Power of Love and I did fall in love. Almost every other weeek she sang something really cool and different. I really don't know if I want to watch anymore. I know you all don't care if I don't watch or not. The reason it upsets me is Nadia was the only one who really tried. She put passion in all her performances. Well, maybe recently there are others who are feeling the heat and stepping up their performances. I can't stand him, but Conny kicked butt the last few weeks and Vonzell went from a bottom 3 guarantee to a top 3 contender. And I think the other person was absolutely right. Bo is 100% certain not to be in the bottom 3 next week.

So what do you all think about all this. Am I too hard on Scott? I guess it got personal when he bested Nadia. But for those of you do plan on watching more episodes and do vote, please remember that they're going to start singing more than one song an episode. That's a lot of Savol. Tell me what you think.

Oh, I almost forgot, he winked. I hate winkers.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: I Can Stop Watching Now Kat4547 04-14-05 1
 RE: I Can Stop Watching Now aquariaqueen 04-14-05 2
   RE: I Can Stop Watching Now thndrkttn 04-14-05 8
       RE: I Can Stop Watching Now archon 04-14-05 11
       RE: I Can Stop Watching Now eastgirl80 04-15-05 49
   RE: I Can Stop Watching Now bostonrobfan 04-14-05 22
 RE: I Can Stop Watching Now geekboy 04-14-05 3
 RE: I Can Stop Watching Now sodiumswirl 04-14-05 4
   RE: I Can Stop Watching Now archon 04-14-05 16
       RE: I Can Stop Watching Now sodiumswirl 04-14-05 46
           RE: I Can Stop Watching Now bostonrobfan 04-15-05 50
   RE: I Can Stop Watching Now bostonrobfan 04-14-05 24
 RE: I Can Stop Watching Now Das Mole 04-14-05 5
   RE: I Can Stop Watching Now Kat4547 04-14-05 7
       RE: I Can Stop Watching Now aquariaqueen 04-14-05 19
   RE: I Can Stop Watching Now sodiumswirl 04-14-05 9
       RE: I Can Stop Watching Now Kat4547 04-14-05 12
           RE: I Can Stop Watching Now true 04-14-05 20
 RE: I Can Stop Watching Now seahorse 04-14-05 6
   RE: I Can Stop Watching Now Kat4547 04-14-05 10
       RE: I Can Stop Watching Now JOSHIDOL 04-14-05 17
           RE: I Can Stop Watching Now crashstop 04-14-05 47
   RE: I Can Stop Watching Now callalilly3000 04-14-05 41
       RE: I Can Stop Watching Now crashstop 04-14-05 48
 RE: I Can Stop Watching Now theking0075 04-14-05 13
   RE: I Can Stop Watching Now Kat4547 04-14-05 15
       RE: I Can Stop Watching Now Bebo 04-14-05 28
           RE: I Can Stop Watching Now PhoenixMons 04-14-05 29
 RE: I Can Stop Watching Now TARugh 04-14-05 14
   RE: I Can Stop Watching Now JOSHIDOL 04-14-05 18
       RE: I Can Stop Watching Now JustTryinToBeReal 04-14-05 26
 RE: I Can Stop Watching Now iatovttotx78 04-14-05 21
   RE: I Can Stop Watching Now PhoenixMons 04-14-05 27
       RE: I Can Stop Watching Now seahorse 04-14-05 32
       RE: I Can Stop Watching Now Devious Weasel 04-14-05 34
           RE: I Can Stop Watching Now PhoenixMons 04-14-05 36
               RE: I Can Stop Watching Now bostonrobfan 04-14-05 43
                   RE: I Can Stop Watching Now seahorse 04-14-05 45
       RE: I Can Stop Watching Now nailbone 04-14-05 35
           RE: I Can Stop Watching Now iatovttotx78 04-14-05 42
 something is wrong brvnkrz 04-14-05 23
   RE: something is wrong JOSHIDOL 04-14-05 25
       RE: something is wrong seahorse 04-14-05 30
           Rigging the votes TeamJoisey 04-14-05 44
       RE: something is wrong zazzy 04-14-05 31
           RE: something is wrong wdaveo 04-14-05 33
               RE: something is wrong seahorse 04-14-05 37
                   RE: something is wrong JOSHIDOL 04-14-05 38
                       RE: something is wrong wdaveo 04-14-05 39
                           RE: something is wrong JOSHIDOL 04-14-05 40
 RE: I Can Stop Watching Now Kat4547 04-28-05 51
   RE: I Can Stop Watching Now geekboy 04-28-05 52
       RE: I Can Stop Watching Now bostonrobfan 04-28-05 55
   RE: I Can Stop Watching Now Harrison 04-28-05 53
       RE: I Can Stop Watching Now mhdallas 04-28-05 54

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Kat4547 13 desperate attention whore postings

04-14-05, 06:46 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Kat4547 Click to send private message to Kat4547 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: I Can Stop Watching Now"
Me too! I've come to the only logical conclusion.... it's fixed. When Simon likes a singer's performance they're safe; when he doesn't they end up GONE! Ya think it's just a little suspicious that he told Nadia right after her performance that she would be going home, and she did? It's so obvious after last night. Nadia is better at her worst than Scott could ever be at his best, plus he's got the looks, personality and talent of a slug! I'm through with it. What's the sense of watching and participating if it's all pre-determined by Simon?

Disgusting!

aquariaqueen 2616 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

04-14-05, 07:13 AM (EST)
Click to EMail aquariaqueen Click to send private message to aquariaqueen Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: I Can Stop Watching Now"
I wanted to jump out of my keyboard last night and couldn't because of the west coast.........

Am I ever disappointed, angered and disgusted.

Scott is just a low class slug. Attitude alone should get him booted. Could he shown any less class, much less know what it's like to be a gentleman?

Another thing I thought was very low class, if not cocky, was Bo's comments about a bet with his mother, and he could leave anytime and be happy doing garage gigs. Well, Bo, let me walk you to the door. If you don't care, well move aside for someone who does.

And what about the constant foreshadowing of a Bo win? Rueben, Fantasia comments.....these made while Nadia is still there.

Ruined my night, I tell ya.

Now I think I'm going to go outside and lower my flag to half staff, this should be a country in mourning.

thndrkttn 3216 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

04-14-05, 08:45 AM (EST)
Click to EMail thndrkttn Click to send private message to thndrkttn Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: I Can Stop Watching Now"
Another thing I thought was very low class, if not cocky, was Bo's comments about a bet with his mother, and he could leave anytime and be happy doing garage gigs. Well, Bo, let me walk you to the door. If you don't care, well move aside for someone who does.

Thank you! My sentiments exactly. Especially the last line. And, it's not only what he said but how he said it. I sensed such an arrogance. I used to like him. Now? I can't wait to see him go home to his garage band.

sheer brilliance by syren

sorry Bravie

archon 178 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

04-14-05, 09:06 AM (EST)
Click to EMail archon Click to send private message to archon Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: I Can Stop Watching Now"
I have to disagree about Bo. I actually found his comments quite mature and professional. Just because he is not afraid to go home, does not mean he is trying to go home or doesn't care about winning.

It takes a great deal of confidence and self assurance that you can do your best and let the chips fall where they may. If people do not like you -- so be it.

Lets face it, many of the AI losers are nestled off in an obscure corner of the universe. They put all their chips on being a star - and when it failed - their star fell -- hard. And most of them are still wanna-bes -- trying to stay relevant.

(please, I know some of the losers -- like Clay -- are still performing and have fans -- but most have not...)

It's actually refreshing to see someone like Bo who has life in perspective -- do your best and let things play out as they play out.

Just my humble opinion...
Archon

"You can get more with a 2x4 and a kind word than with just a kind word." (Marcus, B5)

eastgirl80 10 desperate attention whore postings

04-15-05, 12:04 PM (EST)
Click to EMail eastgirl80 Click to send private message to eastgirl80 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
49. "RE: I Can Stop Watching Now"
>Another thing I thought was very
>low class, if not cocky,
>was Bo's comments about a
>bet with his mother, and
>he could leave anytime and
>be happy doing garage gigs.
>Well, Bo, let me walk
>you to the door. If
>you don't care, well move
>aside for someone who does.

>
>
>Thank you! My sentiments exactly.
> Especially the last line.
> And, it's not only
>what he said but how
>he said it. I
>sensed such an arrogance.
>I used to like him.
> Now? I can't
>wait to see him go
>home to his garage band.
>
>Maybe you didnt get that he was just trying to be cool and not a crybaby for the camera. What do you want him to do, whine and beg to be on. He's on and he rocks and he is a man who says life will go on, but he's in it to win. No one else even comes close to his performances.
>
>
> sheer brilliance by syren
>
>
>sorry Bravie

bostonrobfan 490 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

04-14-05, 10:14 AM (EST)
Click to EMail bostonrobfan Click to send private message to bostonrobfan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: I Can Stop Watching Now"
>Scott is just a low class
>slug. Attitude alone should
>get him booted. Could
>he shown any less class,
>much less know what it's
>like to be a gentleman?
>
>
>Another thing I thought was very
>low class, if not cocky,
>was Bo's comments about a
>bet with his mother, and
>he could leave anytime and
>be happy doing garage gigs.
> Well, Bo, let me
>walk you to the door.
> If you don't care,
>well move aside for someone
>who does.

ITA about Scott! I couldn't have said it better. I can't stand his attitude and want him gone!

However, I disagree about Bo. For some reason, I don't have a problem with him saying he is happy just getting this far and would be happy if he went home.

geekboy 1788 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

04-14-05, 07:48 AM (EST)
Click to EMail geekboy Click to send private message to geekboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: I Can Stop Watching Now"
Come on, people.

#1 - its not rigged. The problem is that people can vote as many times as they want, and when you get a nation of teenage girls voting for Anthony, and perhaps Scott, what do you think will happen? This happened last season with John Stevens. The show isn't rigged. And what Simon said is "You could very well be going home this week", not "You will be going home this week". I'm getting tired of all the conspiracy theories. The truth is that America is stupid a lot of the time.

#2 - Bo is "real". He's here to compete and not get bent out of shape if he gets voted off. He may be the most real contestant the show has had. he's here to have fun, sing his lungs out, and see what happens. He's not in it for the contract or fame, he's in it for the love of it. I have more respect for Bo today.

geekboy

sodiumswirl 79 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

04-14-05, 07:54 AM (EST)
Click to EMail sodiumswirl Click to send private message to sodiumswirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: I Can Stop Watching Now"
I feel for you crashtop, I really do. Nadia was a victim of, and I hate to use the term because it is so darn incendiary but it's the only one I can think of that fits here; she was a victim of the racial expectations that audiences have of their performers. Not racism per se; but viewers tune in to American Idol, some of them new ones since Mikalah's vote-kersnuffle brought fresh interest to the show; they see this beautiful black woman, with a big afro... and they expect her to sing: (a) something R&B, or (b) some ballad from an R&B diva. Maybe a little Whitney. Or Aretha, or Mariah, or Diana Ross or even (heaven forbid) Macy Gray; or any of a pantheon of non-R&B Divas from Celine Dion to Barbra Streisand.

Then Nadia shows up, and the first week (60s week), she delivered. It was Dusty Springfield (not Dionne Warwick which, take note, Vonzell chose) but she nailed it anyway. The second week she wore a mohawk - poof! half her fan base no longer voting - and sang Cyndi Lauper's Time after Time - poof! half of the remaining half confused - in a pop-rock style. Poof. Whatever remained of her fans must have voted until their fingers bled to ensure that it was Mikalah who would be sent home that night.

And on 90s week Nadia sang a rock song, because that's what she is at heart - a husky-voiced, dulcet-toned rocker with an umistakeable blues-tinged influence on her side - she's proved it with her scorching rendition of "There's A Power" during the very first semi-final. Because people either don't know or often forget that rock and roll developed from the blues (and that R&B is also a <very> far-removed descendent of the blues):- what Nadia was doing appeared to be inconsistent, incomprehensible, and jarring. Poor Nadia found herself in the bottom 3 again despite giving it her all.

Nadia delivered a torch version of an Oliver! song in week 4; but again she was not playing to expectations (unlike, say, Vonzell who chose Streisand and did Whitney Houston the week before). She succeeded anyway because almost everyone was out of their element that week. But this week... she chose to really stretch the limits by singing a country song to prove her versality and demonstrate her offbeat personality. A black woman with a giant afro and a husky voice singing Crystal Gayle? Did I even have to type that out and have you read it to make you realise how alienating that must have been to the average AI audience member? She could've done the most wonderful job in the world with that song but she was treading on a very dangerous line here and ultimately she fell off on the wrong side.

Lenny Kravitz, whom I am not a fan of, once talked about how difficult it was to be a black rocker with an afro. If it was that difficult for him, imagine how much harder it must've been for a blues-rock, female performer like Nadia, talented as she is, to convince the majority of America that she deserves a shot at being their next American Idol. I already have a vision of two record execs arguing over where to place her CD: in the aisles of rock, or soul, or R&B, or pop, or blues, or maybe alternative?; in every Borders and HMV and assorted CD stores across the land.

archon 178 desperate attention whore postings

04-14-05, 09:30 AM (EST)
Click to EMail archon Click to send private message to archon Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: I Can Stop Watching Now"
I dont mean to be offensive, so please do not take it that way...

But that was complete bulls**t...

She was voted off because her song selection did not connect with a large portion of the voting public.

I loved the Mohawk and time-after-time. Thought it was cool. But the last two weeks she has chosen quite obscure songs. The public is not that intelligent -- lets face it -- Anthony and Scott are still there. How many people knew the song she sang Tuesday. I like her and I didnt even know who the hell she was singing! Randy didnt even know...

If you want to be an 'Idol' then you need to connect with the public. And I dont think she should be doing Whitney or Par-er-I mean Mariah... I think she would have done a great job with Pat Benatar (much better than country-girl), Heart, or even the Eagles. Probably couldn't pull off Country, but then most can't.

It is not a race thing or a perception of what a black woman should be singing. It was all a matter of song selection and connecting with an audience. She failed. But I am sure there was a contract waiting in the wings for her...

Archon

"You can get more with a 2x4 and a kind word than with just a kind word." (Marcus, B5)

04-14-05, 04:03 PM (EST)
Click to EMail sodiumswirl Click to send private message to sodiumswirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
46. "RE: I Can Stop Watching Now"
LAST EDITED ON 04-14-05 AT 04:14 PM (EST)

"It had nothing to do with race. It had everything to do with picking boring-a$$ songs." from bostonrobfan below.

While I agree with both of you that crappy song selection was a contributing factor, and with you Archon that connecting with the audience is definitely important; I still think racial perceptions of performers is something to be considered, and that it even influences the elements you discussed above.

I was very careful in writing what I posted above not to completely "blame" race or racism for Nadia's boot. But I think it would be naive and unrealistic to say that race had nothing to do with it. The perception of a performer: his/her gender, his age, her weight, his preferred genre of music, her fashion sense; all these attributes tie into the image that the performer presents, which in turn affects the way he or she connects with an audience. And ethnicity, for me, is one of the major determinants that figure into this perception, this image, this packaging of an Idol contestant.

Nadia picked an obscure song that she performed competently... but all the other contestants have also been guilty of bad song choices, and some of them even butchered their ill-suited selections: there's Scott Savol and One Last Cry (among others); Anthony Federov and Climb Every Mountain; Constantine and that Partridge Family nightmare. Even Carrie Underwood made a big boo-boo choosing Hello Young Lovers last week but she sang it well so I'm not lumping her with the sins of the earlier-mentioned. Nadia was completely picked apart for her bad song choices because she made more than most of her fellow finalists; but I'm suggesting that these song choices were perceived as bad because they did not gel with one's perception of her. I highly doubt Jessica Sierra would be raked over the stones for choosing to sing Cyndi Lauper; or Carrie Underwood berated for delivering a dull Crystal Gayle tune, because those choices would've fit better with their images, images that are shaped and molded by the color of their skin, and images that are perceived and judged by an audience that votes for them.

Simon Cowell, on 90s week, said he was worried for Nadia and her choosing of the Melissa Etheridge rocker tune because it was "not exactly melodious" and "might leave the audience cold"... notice that he did not voice these concerns when Nikki McKibbin performed the exact same song (except far less melodiously) on the first season of AI. Whether race or racial perceptions had anything to do with this is debateable; but leaving ethnicity completely out of consideration is just ludicrous.

Take a look at last year when Fantasia, LaToya and Jennifer were lumped together as the Three (short-lived) Divas. They were identified as such because they were female, they gave strong vocal performances... and they were black. Why wasn't Diana DeGarmo joining this group? You could say it was her age or inexperience or whatever, but I'm going to say what I probably shouldn't be saying and state that she wasn't the fourth Diva because she was a fair-skinned mulatto who looked Caucasian - people even expressed shock when told, late into the competition, that Diana's father was African-American - you simply can't tell just by looking at her.

If Diana's skin had been (a lot) darker, or if her mum had been black as well, and if she still had those strong vocal pipes on her... I'd wager there would've been a battle among 4 Divas last year, even with Diana's mere 16 years of age. The finale last year would've been hyped and marketed as a battle between the two remaining divas.

But in the real world, this of course didn't happen. And one look at Fantasia and Diana's post-Idol CD covers would be enough to tell you how they were being packaged as the real-world audience perceived them: Fantasia as confident, street-smart ghetto girl who made it big with the giant fur coat and all that the bling bling; Diana as sweet Texan girl looking demurely out of the window with a wistful expression on her face. Please don't say race had nothing to do with that.

04-15-05, 02:28 PM (EST)
Click to EMail bostonrobfan Click to send private message to bostonrobfan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
50. "RE: I Can Stop Watching Now"
>Nadia picked an obscure song that
>she performed competently... but all
>the other contestants have also
>been guilty of bad song
>choices, and some of them
>even butchered their ill-suited selections:
>there's Scott Savol and One
>Last Cry
(among others); Anthony
>Federov and Climb Every Mountain;
>Constantine and that Partridge Family
>nightmare.

Actually, Nadia picked more than one obscure song, I just can't remember the names of them because they were so boring. Constantine has picked several songs that don't fit people's perception of him as a rocker and he has sung the he!! out of them. But his odd songs ("My Funny Valentine" and "I Think I Love You") are very different than Nadia's odd songs. His are songs that everyone recognizes (and even loved by some people). Nadia's songs were ones that no one had heard of. If no one has heard of them, maybe it's because they were boring a$$ songs.

04-14-05, 10:17 AM (EST)
24. "RE: I Can Stop Watching Now"
It had nothing to do with race. It had everything to do with picking boring-a$$ songs.

Das Mole 2366 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Seventeen Magazine Model"

04-14-05, 08:27 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Das%20Mole Click to send private message to Das%20Mole Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: I Can Stop Watching Now"
I'm thinking of stopping watching the show as well. I think it's absolutely ridiculous that Scott made it over Nadia. I think he'll be gone next week. There's no more Nadia to place beneath him, and Bo obviously won't score so low again.

Anyway, back to Nadia. I think she definitely should've made it much farther, at least to the top 5. She was much better than any of Anwar, Anthony, or Scott. And by that time, she may have become even better. But who knows. It was awful seeing her go. Especially when some creep with a criminal record gets more votes.

See, Nadia is the perfect example of why the voting format should be entirely changed. They should have it so that people are voting for who they want to eliminate. If that were the case, I don't think Nadia would've been in the bottom three at all, and Scott would've been eliminated. If voting were for the person/people you wanted gone, it wouldn't matter how many fans you have and whatnot. You can be a great singer and get eliminated b/c someone else has more fans...all the ex-cons watching the show.

I don't know. It's really sad that someone so good had to go in comparison to who should've gone besides her....oh well.

04-14-05, 08:44 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Kat4547 Click to send private message to Kat4547 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: I Can Stop Watching Now"
>(SNIP)...the voting format
>should be entirely changed. They
>should have it so that
>people are voting for who
>they want to eliminate.
>

Now there's an excellent idea! But what's-his-face would probably still fix it his way. Why don't they show the final tally of how many votes each contestant got? Or do they and I haven't been able to find it? That would be most interesting.

aquariaqueen 2616 desperate attention whore postings

04-14-05, 09:56 AM (EST)
Click to EMail aquariaqueen Click to send private message to aquariaqueen Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: I Can Stop Watching Now"
As much as I would love to spend my two hours hitting the Scott number to eliminate him, I don't think that format will ever happen.

a. Cingular wireless wouldn't be able to "write off" as my phone calls.

2. Right now, we spend our two hours voting for those we want to keep, unfortunately, they water down among the good singers, and the lesser of the evils has a strong base that votes strictly for them. This will weed out the top average singers, not the worst, for quite some time. Just like we're seeing right now.

iii. I would love to see the numbers on how people voted. Or at least how they rated highest to lowest.

04-14-05, 08:47 AM (EST)
9. "RE: I Can Stop Watching Now"
Your suggestion, though tempting, has one giant flaw in it. Fast-forward to the finals and the crowning of the next American Idol: who's going to buy the album of the Idol with the least number of "hate votes"? Surely not the ones voting agianst him/her, and as for the ones NOT voting against her/him... they may not really like the winner either; they may just have a seething hatred for the runner-up they succeeded in toppling. So... what consequences would that voting scheme ultimately entail?

04-14-05, 09:12 AM (EST)
12. "RE: I Can Stop Watching Now"
>Your suggestion, though tempting, has one
>giant flaw in it. Fast-forward
>to the finals and the
>crowning of the next American
>Idol: who's going to buy
>the album of the Idol
>with the least number of
>"hate votes"? Surely not the
>ones voting agianst him/her, and
>as for the ones NOT
>voting against her/him... they may
>not really like the winner
>either; they may just have
>a seething hatred for the
>runner-up they succeeded in toppling.
>So... what consequences would that
>voting scheme ultimately entail?

The same as it is now. You're either voting for the ones you like or against the ones you don't. The end result will be the end result either way. For instance, the way it is now if you really like Constantine, Carrie and Bo, you vote for them. If you really don't like Scott, Vonzell, Anwar or Anthony, you can't vote against them. (No, that is not the order of my favorites!) The other way, by voting to eliminate contestants, if you feel there are some contestants that can go, you vote them out, leaving the ones you like in the show. Either way you're voting to keep the ones you like and get rid of the ones you don't like. The winner still may, or may not be, your favorite in either case since you're not the only one voting. The main reason I would like it to be the other way is that it would be way less phone calls for me to make each week!

true 9689 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

04-14-05, 09:57 AM (EST)
Click to EMail true Click to send private message to true Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: I Can Stop Watching Now"
Voting against a contestant just doesn't work. Say 40% like Carrie, but the other 60% like the rest. A few of those fan bases get together and oust Carrie, who has the biggest fan base. Horrible idea.

If a contestant has fans that are willing to be rabid voters, then they have a stronger fanbase, period. That's the way it should be.

Then again, have you ever seen the official AI forum on Fox.com? They post stuff like Who is Donny Almond, or Who are Haulin Oaks? So, while this community is made up of more mature members with differnt musical tastes, there is an even bigger group of AI fans with different preferences, who vote. (A LOT)

seahorse 14337 desperate attention whore postings

04-14-05, 08:42 AM (EST)
Click to EMail seahorse Click to send private message to seahorse Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: I Can Stop Watching Now"
Every year fans of losing contestants say they are going to quit watching the show.

Last year when Jennifer Hudson and LaToya London were voted out, I heard this exact same statement from many right here on this forum. These are some of the most passionate fans in the country based on the fact that they are posting on an American Idol forum. But usually, they were back the next week to see what was going to happen. Additionally I don't think the ratings dropped after these surprise boots, so not many actually quit watching.. If anything, more viewers tuned in to see what was going to happen next.

If the bottom 3 were predictable every week, then I think the show would not do as well as it does. The producers are probably loving all the controversy because it gets people to talk about the show and ultimately tune in.

Handcrafted by RollDdice

04-14-05, 08:56 AM (EST)
10. "RE: I Can Stop Watching Now"
LAST EDITED ON 04-14-05 AT 09:02 AM (EST)

I can only speak for myself, but for me it isn't the fact that Nadia didn't fare well this week because she really didn't do a great job, and at this point they have to be great every week. So it's not that I'm a "fan of losing contestants", as you say. No, for me it's the fact that Scott is still there. He totally sucks. If it's based on talent/performance, he should have been gone many weeks ago. The fact that he keeps skating by is just too suspicious for me to accept as valid. His stage presence leaves way too much to be desired as he's never eye-pleasing either. The man doesn't know how a fat man should dress! A dark suit with an long coat would go a long way.... HINT! Hell, if he can't sing better he may as well dress a little better, huh?

PS-Also, big men usually look better clean shaven or with a full beard, especially the lighter haired ones. That shadow-shape hair design he has going on on his face looks stupid.

JOSHIDOL 275 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

04-14-05, 09:30 AM (EST)
Click to EMail JOSHIDOL Click to send private message to JOSHIDOL Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: I Can Stop Watching Now"
I think what makes it worse is Scott's obnoxious attitude. Has anyone else noticed that both times when he was in the Bottom 3, when Ryan sends him back to sit down, he is all caught up in himself. He never consoles the remaining contestants. Last night, the same he ran back to his chair whooping as usual. He never even stopped to console Nadia, who he is supposedly dating (rumor).
However, I do beleive AI loves the "guy America hates". Wasn't it John Stevens who was getting death threats last year? This year its thug "Scott". However, John Stevens as bad as he was did not have a bad attitude like ths guy.
I cannot wait to see his reaction when he does finally go home. I gues they will have to drug him up before the show so he won't overeact.

04-14-05, 04:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail crashstop Click to send private message to crashstop Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
47. "RE: I Can Stop Watching Now"
Speaking of Scott not consoling the losers, did you see Anwar last night? Nadia cries through her vote off video and the others come over and give her a hug and then the American Idol music picks up in the background. While the other contestants are hugging Nadia or looking sad, Anwar is dancing. And I don't know which is worse, I think him dancing at the time is bad, but dancing to the American Idol theme song? Dude....I have no words.

callalilly3000 693 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

04-14-05, 12:27 PM (EST)
Click to EMail callalilly3000 Click to send private message to callalilly3000 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
41. "RE: I Can Stop Watching Now"
I can't agree with more. Almost every season there has been somone that got booted that people didn't think deserved it at that moment. Jennifer is a perfect example. As is Tamarya Gray from season one. She got the boot before Nikki.

The truth is, in the end, there is only one winner and eleven losers. Scott will not win, and will leave soon enough.

Slice and Dice Shop 2004

04-14-05, 04:33 PM (EST)
48. "RE: I Can Stop Watching Now"
I disagree with that. There will be more than one winner. Clay, Tamyra, what's her face from season 2, Diana, and even Josh the marine end up selling records. The reason I got upset was I wanted Nadia to get through farther so she can too. I knew she wouldn't win. I just wanted her to get far enough to make a big name for herself. I think having a specific type of music increases your chance of after losing sucess (that explains Josh and his country music), and I think Nadia will go on making Christian music. I think I'm right there. But given her early departure, I think it will only be one CD. And the reason I don't really want to watch anymore is not a stupid stike of the show, and I have no doubt I will watch, but the point there was there's one less performance I'll look forward to watching. It's like when there's one more performance of the night after the commercial and it's someone who's not too good or exciting, well, I've changed the channel. I did it to Vonzell before she woke up or maybe she fired her daddy from choosing her songs or whatever. Overall, I will be less excited to watch the show next week.

theking0075 331 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

04-14-05, 09:16 AM (EST)
Click to EMail theking0075 Click to send private message to theking0075 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: I Can Stop Watching Now"
I posted about the same thing last week, but I guess I'll say it again. Anyone who would suggest the game is fixed just doesn't understand how the voting for this show works. Also, it seems a lot people don't understand that it's not just yuppie, city dwellers who watch this show. There's a lot of us blue collar folks from rural areas who watch the show (and yes we know how to use phones) and we vote for Scott, Bo, and Carrie. Us southern folks are big on voting, have you noticed who's in the White House lately?

The person who goes home every week , unfortunately, is someone most people are going to be pretty luke warm about, but that's just the way it is. Look, you may hate Scott, and maybe you love Carrie, but what you need to understand is that there are a lot of people on the other end of the scale as well. There's lots of people who love Scott and hate Carrie. Contestants like Nadia, unfortunately, go home because not many people have strong feelings toward her, either positive or negative. She wasn't my pick to go home either, but I understand why she received the least votes, because she had smallest "fan club". Scott and a lot of others have a large group of loyal fans who will vote for them every week, no matter how good or bad they are. Nadia didn't have that. She may have, overall, been America's 3rd or 4th favorite, but her perfromances just weren't all that memorable and she didn't do anything that made her stick out and appeal to single large American demographic. For that reason, she was a victim of the politics of the game and got voted off. I know a lot of people dislike Scott and Anthony, but if you are going to continue to watch the show, you have to trust me on this one. In the next two weeks you will probably see Anwar and Vonzell leave ahead of Scott and Anthony. It's not a racial thing, it just that they are so average, they don't stick out and haven't built as large a fan base as Scott and Anthony.

"Evil" Dr. Will: Reality Show Legend!

04-14-05, 09:27 AM (EST)
15. "RE: I Can Stop Watching Now"
>(SNIP)...There's
>a lot of us blue
>collar folks from rural areas
>who watch the show (and
>yes we know how to
>use phones) and we vote
>for Scott, Bo, and Carrie.
> Us southern folks are
>big on voting, have you
>noticed who's in the White
>House lately?
>
Well, since I'm a middle-class daughter of a steel worker and I live on 5 acres in rural N. Carolina and I also voted for Bush, you're speaking FOR me while you're speaking AGAINST me!

>(SNIP)...Scott and a
>lot of others have a
>large group of loyal fans
>who will vote for them
>every week, no matter how
>good or bad they are.
>
HUH?! And here I thought it was a "talent" contest!!! So does that mean that the winner can be a mediocre singer that just has a lot of friends voting for them?

>(SNIP)...she was a victim of
>the politics of the game...
>
Again, I thought it was a talent competition. Silly me!

So you're just verifying what I thought to begin with.... it's doesn't have anything to do with talent and everything to do with playing favorites!

Bebo 21083 desperate attention whore postings

04-14-05, 10:31 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Bebo Click to send private message to Bebo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
28. "RE: I Can Stop Watching Now"
So does that mean that the winner can be a mediocre singer that just has a lot of friends voting for them?

From one North Carolinian to another...YES.

When you turn on your radio, are you only hearing the most talented people in the world? Nope. And are there people that never get airtime who are better? Yup.

While I'm disappointed that Nadia is gone, I'm not surprised at all. She's been in the bottom three multiple times because she hasn't been able to motivate her fan base to fight hard enough to keep her. She hasn't turned in the worst performances, but she also hasn't been electrifying enough to make her fans attack the phone lines to keep her around.

I'll admit to being one of the fans not willing to fight. While I adored some of her earlier performances (and always enjoy her wardrobe - especially last night's dress), I haven't been so wowed by her more recent performances to spend the entire voting window punching her number.

I do wish she had lasted longer than that no-class idiot Scott, but hey, I think he'll get what's coming to him ultimately.

"If there was ever a time you wanted permission to run over a clown . . . ."

PhoenixMons 4696 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Stuff Magazine Centerfold"

04-14-05, 10:34 AM (EST)
Click to EMail PhoenixMons Click to send private message to PhoenixMons Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
29. "RE: I Can Stop Watching Now"
and always enjoy her wardrobe - especially last night's dress

That dress was gorgeous! I thought she looked horrible in that red dress the night before, but she looked absolutely stunning last night!

Got blog?

TARugh 159 desperate attention whore postings

04-14-05, 09:20 AM (EST)
Click to EMail TARugh Click to send private message to TARugh Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: I Can Stop Watching Now"
Crashtop -
I think Scott was in the military too. Wasn't he better known as Private Pile on Full Medal Jacket?

Just kidding. But yes...everything you said, and Scott smells too. We can't forget that. He really smells. Bad.

04-14-05, 09:33 AM (EST)
Click to EMail JOSHIDOL Click to send private message to JOSHIDOL Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: I Can Stop Watching Now"
Someone needs to tell Scott to show a little more compassion for the people who are left on the stage when his fat butt gets to sit back down. All he thinks about is himself, this is supposedly a religious guy too. Its all bull. He is so happy for himself. That just goes to show he does not even think he deserves to be up there. What a jerk!!!

JustTryinToBeReal 16 desperate attention whore postings

04-14-05, 10:22 AM (EST)
Click to EMail JustTryinToBeReal Click to send private message to JustTryinToBeReal Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
26. "RE: I Can Stop Watching Now"
America loves drama! All of the STUFF surrounding Scottie has just added twists and turns to the competition from the very beginning - He is this year's underdog!

Now, to address all of you musical critics who say he has no talent at all - you are absolutely wrong without a doubt! It was not Scott's appearance which caught the judges eye in the beginning - not a charismatic personality - not a unique style - BUT his singing ability!

I will go as far to say that if he can overcome his attitude flaws and just sing from his heart - He will then win more approval from the viewing AI fans (perhaps even some of you - hey geekboy - you were pulling for him in the beginning - jump back on board - you know the boy has something to share)! I believe he has an incredible gift which has been born out of an unfavorable experiences - and when you take inventory of these things - so many of the musical artists that we have all grown to love through the years - have the same dramatic life story!

Hate him or love him, Scott is there - up on the stage - doing what he loves to do - gonna provide a good life for his son - which is admirable even if some think he is a loser. Nah, he has won a whole lot of victories already!

One final thing - I have seen Scott being supportive! Obviously, he has connected with the other finalists. I guess some people just see and hear what they want to - I am one of them and I have chosen to pull for him !

Sing on brother Savol!!

iatovttotx78 2645 desperate attention whore postings

04-14-05, 10:04 AM (EST)
Click to EMail iatovttotx78 Click to send private message to iatovttotx78 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: I Can Stop Watching Now"
In what world is Scott a better singer than Nadia? In what world should she have gone before either him or Anthony?
What in the hell was the American public thinking? Nadia going home, Bo in the bottom two, Scott- safe?

What show were you watching? What alternative universe am I living on. Pull your heads out of your #####, unclog you're ears, shake the cowebs out of your brain....

It's official I hate America...
I'm tired of seeing good singers go home early, while the crappy singers hang around, garnering sympathy votes. I'm sick of it. I won't be watching anymore. It's supposed to be a show about talent. TALENT, something Scott utterly and completely lacks.

It's an absolute shame....

~Tim~

First posted on the finals message thread

~Tim~

Anwar I wish you could win. America I hope you wind up with Scott as your idol.

First posted on the finals message thread

04-14-05, 10:24 AM (EST)
Click to EMail PhoenixMons Click to send private message to PhoenixMons Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
27. "RE: I Can Stop Watching Now"
Well, I'd like to know in what universe Nadia is considered a 'good singer' or a 'better singer' than Scott. Certainly not in mine. She's absolutely a better performer than Scott and a better performer than a lot of these crappy folks (Scott, Anthony, Anwar, Carrie, etc.), but a better vocalist? Nope.

I was a Scott fan in the beginning...he has been pretty horrid in terms of his performances, but that doesn't mean that he doesn't have talent. I don't disagree that he should have been gone already (like, last week instead of my darling Nikko), but it's not some enormous travesty that Scott is there and Nadia is. It certainly doesn't even come close to last season's Jennifer/John Stevens travesty (now THAT was a travesty...best voice ever on AI)...Nadia's voice is nothing spectacular...what she's got going for her is her performace abilities (which have been lacking as of late) and her status as the oddball this season. She made it very clear on Tuesday night that she should not be singing ballads...her voice is not strong enough for them. SHe should stick to things that don't require her to hold notes for any length of time as she just cannot do it without sounding like she's running out of oxygen with every held note.

Heck, I picked her as the runner-up because she started out singing songs that made her sound far better than she is. Now that she's shown her true abilities, she's going home. It definitely could have gone either way last night, but Nadia has been pretty rotten since the final 12 began (Scott has as well).

America is pretty stupid when it comes to recognizing talent and there are always huge voting mistakes each season. This just wasn't it for season 4 if we're talking about talent. Nadia is a fun gal and I wish her well. But vocally she was out of her league in this competition.

Got blog?

04-14-05, 10:42 AM (EST)
Click to EMail seahorse Click to send private message to seahorse Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
32. "RE: I Can Stop Watching Now"
Well said.

Handcrafted by RollDdice

Devious Weasel 18756 desperate attention whore postings

04-14-05, 10:47 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Devious%20Weasel Click to send private message to Devious%20Weasel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
34. "RE: I Can Stop Watching Now"
Couldn't disagree with you more PM. Granted, it's ultimately a matter of taste. But even when she wasn't giving good performances, she was singing well. There was never any of the pitchiness that characterizes Scott's work. There was never any of the vocal drops that plagued Scott's performance of "She's Gone" and other songs he has done. Does he have vocal talent? Yeah. Does he have as much vocal talent as Nadia? Not a chance.

04-14-05, 10:59 AM (EST)
36. "RE: I Can Stop Watching Now"
We'll just have to agree to disagree. I have a lot of talent in terms of technical ability (I could sing for 30 minutes straight and never once hit a 'bad' note), but my voice alone is nothing impressive at all (at least not IMO). I've gotten great reviews, but it's usually for my technical ability (much like Anwar...he's technically awesome but his voice annoys the crap out of me and as such I don't like him).

That's just the way it is and there's really no amount of training that can change the pipes you're born with, KWIM? I think Scott's pipes are better than Nadia's no matter how horribly Scott has been sounding as of late. Guess it just depends on how you define vocal talent, too. Nadia might be better able to stay in tune, but she sounds like she's in pain when she's singing (very forced). Scott has a very hard time finding the right notes, but the quality of his voice is better than Nadia's. You're definitely right that it comes down to personal preference with these things (heck, I've always liked people that no one else likes...Christopher Aaron from season one - sucked on the Wild Card show and as such just missed out on the top 10...EJay Day, Corey Clark, Camile Velasco, Leah Labelle, etc.), though. And I can't really fault anyone for agreeing with their own set of ears

Got blog?

04-14-05, 01:04 PM (EST)
43. "RE: I Can Stop Watching Now"
I'm sorry, but there is no way that Savol is better than Nadia in any way shape or form. His voice is not any stronger, he certainly has more problems with pitch than she does, and he has no charisma or showmanship.

04-14-05, 01:29 PM (EST)
45. "RE: I Can Stop Watching Now"
But right or wrong the voters said otherwise.

Handcrafted by RollDdice

nailbone 27263 desperate attention whore postings

04-14-05, 10:49 AM (EST)
Click to EMail nailbone Click to send private message to nailbone Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
35. "RE: I Can Stop Watching Now"
but it's not some enormous travesty that Scott is there and Nadia is.

As talented as this bunch is, it's not going to be an enormous travesty when any of these folks go home while the others stay. We've been hearing it from the beginning that this is trhe most talented group ever, and it's turning out that way.

Now we all have our faves, but you have to admit that even those that aren't your favorite are pretty talented.

IMO, every weeks bottom three from now on will be a "shocker", because somebody really good willl leave.

New from Sigs by Syren!!

Keep lookin' up, cuz that's where it all is. o-

iatovttotx78 2645 desperate attention whore postings

04-14-05, 12:43 PM (EST)
Click to EMail iatovttotx78 Click to send private message to iatovttotx78 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
42. "RE: I Can Stop Watching Now"
>IMO, every weeks bottom three from
>now on will be a
>"shocker", because somebody really good
>willl leave.

That is true for every week except the week that scott leaves. Scott = No talent. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

~Tim~

Scott is like a bad case of herpes. He's painful;He's ugly; and you can never get rid of him.

brvnkrz 20491 desperate attention whore postings

04-14-05, 10:15 AM (EST)
Click to EMail brvnkrz Click to send private message to brvnkrz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "something is wrong"
with America. This thing is fixed. I am never watching again. Never.

Syren rocks
*giggle*

04-14-05, 10:20 AM (EST)
25. "RE: something is wrong"
I once saw one of those producers on Entertainment Tonight and they said what would the show be like if every week the pedictable people went home. They said it would be so boring. So that right there tells you something. I also believe those 3 last night knew they were at least in the Bottom 3 due to the fact that Bo never even mentioned the song he was singing but the band starting playing it. I guess they could have asked all of them before but somehow it was almost as if Nadia knew she was going home.

04-14-05, 10:38 AM (EST)
30. "RE: something is wrong"
I think each contestant was asked in advance, what song would they want to sing if they were in the bottom 3. I doubt that they knew who was going to be in the final 3 ahead of time and I am sure they did not know who was going home in advance.

Relative to rigging the votes, I don't think there is much chance of it. The producers and FOX would be crazy to ever do something like that. AI is a smash ratings hit and if a hint of scandal ever got out relative to vote fixing, it would kill the ratings. They are not going to risk killing the goose that lays the golden eggs for them by manipulating the outcome. Look back to the 1950s when quiz shows were found to be rigged. They were extremely popular and then they were off the air.

If the show was rigged, it would get out to the public. For this reason it won't happen.

Handcrafted by RollDdice

TeamJoisey 3558 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

04-14-05, 01:13 PM (EST)
Click to EMail TeamJoisey Click to send private message to TeamJoisey Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
44. "Rigging the votes"
LAST EDITED ON 04-14-05 AT 01:13 PM (EST)

Rigging the votes to protect or favor certain contestants would be a crime. Not just a moral crime, but a federal offense.

The Federal Communications Commission regulates game shows. We can be reasonably sure that FCC officials certify the vote totals each week. Rigging the show would be monumentally stupid.

These reality show contestants need a reality check!

zazzy 4390 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

04-14-05, 10:41 AM (EST)
Click to EMail zazzy Click to send private message to zazzy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
31. "RE: something is wrong"
I agree with you. I posted in the results thread about microphones and Nadia's holding hers, ready to go sing, while Vonzel and Anthony had them laying across their laps and they were relaxed and confident. Your noticing that Bo did not even say what song he would sing is another clue--they at least knew who the bottom three were before they went on the stage and I think Nadia knew she was going home when she gave her speech about God's will.

I was sad to see Nadia go and am still trying to understand what Scott voters like about him. I am starting to see that part of what they are voting for is the Scott Story, not the quality of his voice. I do understand that we can both listen to the same artist and come away with different opinions about their voice but do the Scott fans not hear the bad notes he sings? And not just one or two, many, many bad notes. Good grief! I am glad Simon called him out on it.

wdaveo 10 desperate attention whore postings

04-14-05, 10:44 AM (EST)
Click to EMail wdaveo Click to send private message to wdaveo Click to check IP address of the poster
33. "RE: something is wrong"
Well, if we're getting the phone tallies early in the day, wouldn't you think that the contestants would have a clue as to who might be in the bottom 3, as well?

The phone tallies aren't perfect, but even the ones posted yesterday (east coast only) were spot on. Wouldn't you think that these contestants would have friends on this board or other boards who could relay that information to them before the show?

04-14-05, 11:15 AM (EST)
37. "RE: something is wrong"
Where were these voting tallies posted. I missed it. I also thuink they would be closely guarded.

Handcrafted by RollDdice

04-14-05, 11:31 AM (EST)
38. "RE: something is wrong"
Wdaveo you are so right... Idolforums.com posted the final 2, actually 3 yesterday morning. They were claiming that it was the East Coast only results but they were dead on. They had Bo, Scott and Nadia with Nadia leaving.
I agree with what you say, if we know it, how can they not know it. I read where Carrie was even answering remarks made about her on another AI message board, so they are obviously allowed Internet access. I am sure they are allowed phone calls, its not like prison. I think they know. Nikko said last week, I kind of knew I would be going. I remember last year when George left, he said he had a feeling he was leaving. I think they know.

wdaveo 10 desperate attention whore postings

04-14-05, 11:43 AM (EST)
Click to EMail wdaveo Click to send private message to wdaveo Click to check IP address of the poster
39. "RE: something is wrong"
Even if they don't go online, surely they have friends or family members who are communicating with them. If we are this addicted - could you imagine knowing one of the contestants personally? I would be on these message boards 24 hours a day.

Once the tallies are posted on one forum, they usually get discussed on other forums rather quickly.

04-14-05, 12:06 PM (EST)
40. "RE: something is wrong"
Exactly, look at how much we read,just think if you had a friend or relative on the show. I find it hard to beleive that they do not know anything about what is going to happen until it happens. Also, this may not be logical but just a theory what if someone were to be told they were leaving and just pass out, take it bad, etc. etc. Seems to me that a heads up on this would help.

04-28-05, 11:20 AM (EST)
51. "RE: I Can Stop Watching Now"
Oh naive ones that didn't believe me when I said it was fixed... do you believe me NOW?
Constantine's gone and Scott isn't?!!
How's that NOT fixed?
Constantine could lay on the stage and caterwaul like a sick cow and still be better than Scott at his best, but who got booted? Because SIMON didn't like Constantine's performance.
If you still don't believe it's fixed, you're way too naive.

And for the record, when I said two weeks ago that I was through watching and voting, I meant it. The only way I keep up with it now is to read these message boards on Weds. mornings. You're wasting your time voting and caring about it.

geekboy 1788 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

04-28-05, 11:24 AM (EST)
Click to EMail geekboy Click to send private message to geekboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
52. "RE: I Can Stop Watching Now"
Oh, stop it. its not fixed, the results are the results of America. Stop and think about that for a moment....

teenagers power-dialing???? Stop and think...

And even beyond that idea - Constantine sucked this week. He looked like a drunk wall-street exec at a local Karaoke. It was B-A-D.

Scott didn't give a bad performance.

My $0.02.

geekboy

04-28-05, 01:21 PM (EST)
55. "RE: I Can Stop Watching Now"
>Scott didn't give a bad performance.
>
>
>My $0.02.
>
>geekboy

My $0.02 is that the thug sucked week-old wet socks. He was horrible. It was bloody awful. Revolting. Stomach-churning. Dreadfully painful.

Bostonrobfan

Harrison 173 desperate attention whore postings

04-28-05, 11:40 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Harrison Click to send private message to Harrison Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
53. "RE: I Can Stop Watching Now"
"Constantine's gone and Scott isn't?!!
How's that NOT fixed?"

Okay, let's see.
Constantine screamed out a bad version of a song that most (if not all) of the audience has heard over and over and over on the radio and he got booted.

Doesn't sound "fixed" to me. Just sounds like a (really really ) bad performance got rewarded with a lack of votes.

As much as I'd like to see Scott go (his performance was bad too, just not as bad), I think he's hanging on by his fingernails because people like Constantine continue to mess up at the very worst of times.

As off-putting as you find Scott to be, there are many who were repelled by Constantine's creepy mugging for the cameras.

This, teamed with the fact that the "rocker" vote was likely split between Constantine and Bo, ultimately led to C's dismissal.

His last performance was his worst and now he's going home.
I understand your disappointment, but that's not enough to convince me that the results were fixed.

You haven't really proven anything other than the fact that the guy you were rooting for lost.

mhdallas 165 desperate attention whore postings

04-28-05, 12:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mhdallas Click to send private message to mhdallas Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
54. "RE: I Can Stop Watching Now"
First off, I never heard that song before, and sometimes think that that's how it should be because then people wouldn't compare the contestants version to the original artist's version (for example: how many people couldn't help comparing Scott's version of Luther's classic, and cringing in dismay? I know it turned my stomach.) Regardless, like his vocals or not, Constantine did at least put in a good performance, which has a lot to do with being an "Idol". It was much more entertaining to watch than Scott just standing there wailing. (If we HAVE to look at him, he should at least move around so our eyes can look at other things besides his face.)

And even if Constantine's performance wasn't that great (which I think it was), then I'd still like to know how he can go from being one of the top vote getters (35 million total votes is a LOT of votes in anybody's book)to being ousted, without ever being in the bottom three before, while Scott has been in the bottom three for the last several weeks, and yet miraculously reversed himself this week with a performance that was universally panned? Something doesn't add up.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •