The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Jerri's TV GUIDE interview"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

true 9689 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

04-24-01, 11:22 AM (EST)
Click to EMail true Click to send private message to true Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Jerri's TV GUIDE interview"
LAST EDITED ON 04-24-01 AT 11:29 AM (EST)

Since there hasn't been a whole lot of new info lately, I am going to be brave and post Jerri's comments here.

She says 3 things that I found interesting. The article appears in next weeks TV Guide dated April 28-May 4, and is titled SEASON OF THE WITCH, by Mark Schwed.

-Has Manthey gotten a bum rap? She admits that her abrasive act didn't work. "I (could) have been more adaptable to other people's personalities, Tina's especially," she says. "I should have made her feel more comfortable with me. She felt very threatened. Rather than trying to mend that fence, I crashed through it."

But Manthey is far from contrite. In fact, she relished her chance to get even. "I walked into my first night on the jury, and I stared down everybody who backstabbed me," she says. "I didn't blink. I made it a point to scare the crap out of everyone." She says her fellow contestants were fools to get rid of her: "If you really want to win, who better to sit next to, when it gets down to two people, than someone everybody hates?"

I found it interesting that she mentions Tina specifically, it seems she now sees that Tina was in control.

The revenge comments just back up what is already known, it is just a little more specific. Notice how she says "everybody who backstabbed me" Is she out to get more than one of them? Or was scaring them enough revenge?

The last comment makes me wonder if this did not happen, I would think Keith is someone that would fit this strategy, so maybe the final 2 are more likeable.

Just trying to add a little something new here. My analysis skills are pretty poor, so I would like to know what others think about these comments.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Jerri's TV GUIDE interview Outfrontgirl 04-24-01 1
 RE: Jerri's TV GUIDE interview DivaByTheSea 04-24-01 2
   Perhaps so, but... flying squirrel 04-24-01 3
       RE: Perhaps so, but... Outfrontgirl 04-24-01 4
           RE: Perhaps so, but... PepeLePew13 04-24-01 5
       RE: Perhaps so, but... BaquaR13 04-24-01 6
           RE: Perhaps so, but... Loree 04-25-01 7
 RE: Jerri's TV GUIDE interview volmel 04-25-01 8

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Outfrontgirl 6830 desperate attention whore postings

04-24-01, 02:58 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Outfrontgirl Click to send private message to Outfrontgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Jerri's TV GUIDE interview"
Thanks, true, and your analysis skills don't seem poor!
I agree that it's interesting that Jerri as juror seemed to switch the focus of her ire from Keith to Tina.

I started a thread last night from Amber's Final Chat in which Amber objects to "backstabbing" as well and calls Tina "manipulative" at the end.

My thought on the "everyone who backstabbed" me comment:
By definition, a backstabber is someone you think you can trust who betrays that trust. Jerri had no reason to expect that any Kucha member would not vote against her, only that Ogakor would be behind her. Since Amber did not, that leaves Keith/Tina/Colby.

There's room for doubt as to whether Jerri knew Colby voted against her, as his vote was not shown nor needed to oust her. He did switch votes on her for the Mitchell boot and she seems to regard that as the original betrayal. She also attributes the masterminding on that to Tina (per Early Show).

Keith was not in Jerri's original alliance, so they were only allied as Ogakors post merge, and she should have fully expected him to vote against her at any time it might succeed.

It may be that her saying "everyone" may be her way of getting the thought out there when she has to be careful about the terms of her secrecy contract, and that she primarily means Tina.

As to her comment on sitting next to a hated person, I would cautiously say that it could mean that one of her enemies ends up next to someone who's not generally disliked, which would certainly fit Lis and possibly Colby. On the other hand, it may just be her rationale as to why she shouldn't have been booted, as none of the people left, even Keith, were hated like Jerri:
i.e. Lis saying she'd even be glad to see Jerri as long as she came with rice.

Thanks for the bringing the interview to my notice.

DivaByTheSea 175 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

04-24-01, 03:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail DivaByTheSea Click to send private message to DivaByTheSea Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Jerri's TV GUIDE interview"
Thanks for posting this. I think this backs up even more the fact that Tina is real one behind all the strategies and alliances in this game. I think Tina wins this whole thing.

**** Remember, the mighty oak was once just a crazy little nut that held its ground. ****

flying squirrel 290 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

04-24-01, 07:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail flying%20squirrel Click to send private message to flying%20squirrel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "Perhaps so, but..."
Tina may indeed win, but I don't think Jerri would have been making these comments if the final 2 were Keith and Tina.

Outfrontgirl 6830 desperate attention whore postings

04-24-01, 08:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Outfrontgirl Click to send private message to Outfrontgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Perhaps so, but..."
Then how about Tina and Colby? (giving credence to Rodger's big Oops on Rosie O Donnell that Lis didn't win (which sounds like genuine booboo).

PepeLePew13 26134 desperate attention whore postings

04-24-01, 08:04 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Perhaps so, but..."
Yep, this is my predicted final two and this is where Cackling Jerri breaks out her pathetic imitation of Susan Hawk to try carving up Tina. It is obvious that Jerri has it in for Tina, and at that point in time, she still thinks there "might be" something with Colby.

"I tell ya... something stinks here"

BaquaR13 1336 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

04-24-01, 08:17 PM (EST)
Click to EMail BaquaR13 Click to send private message to BaquaR13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Perhaps so, but..."
I agree with you. I think these comments would have been made regardless. However, u may be on to something... but i thought her statement was very general

Loree 8616 desperate attention whore postings

04-25-01, 03:18 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Loree Click to send private message to Loree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Perhaps so, but..."
Jerri loves to hear herself talk. She is trying her hardest to keep the attention on herself. Now she has many waiting to hear what she says during the final show. Colby and Elisabeth could be the final 2 and Jerri would think of something to say to give herself the spotlight for as long as possible. I think it is obvious Jerri doesn't like Keith or Tina. Nick said she hasn't talked to either since the show ended. So if either or both are in the final 2 Jerri will have a chance to rip them apart. Remember Sue didn't like either Kelly or Rich by the time show ended. But she felt betrayed by Kelly.

volmel 362 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

04-25-01, 03:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail volmel Click to send private message to volmel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Jerri's TV GUIDE interview"
I found this quote in our paper (Knoxville News Sentinel) that I thought I would throw in here. In an interview with Jerri, she says:

As for Tina Wesson, the Knoxville resident who is still in the game, Manthey says, "I had a lot of respect for her. She was very strong. She has a beautiful smile."

She and Wesson still communicate occasionally via e-mail.

This is Big Orange and Tina Wesson country.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •