The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"World Series of Poker"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Other Reality TV Shows Forum (Protected)
Original message

Fishercat 4168 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

07-08-05, 03:23 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Fishercat Click to send private message to Fishercat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"World Series of Poker"
Well, last year, at least for the first few days, I gave basic updates as it went along.

I'll do the same this year in the invisible font for anyone who is interested.

If you're interested, highlight the text below this paragraph of filler I'm using to eliminate it being seen by people scrolling

Here are the results of Day 1a (still two more entry days, 5600+ participants). We have a pro on top in Lee Watkinson with a few big names in the field still. I'll put them on the list I give. These are just the names I recognize rather than the full list.

Lee Watkinson Cheney, WA $145,800
Layne Flack Las Vegas, NV $69,775 (amazingly, he tried to withdraw/change days due to illness, but he's holding up)
Dustin "Neverwin" Woolf Los Angeles, CA $67,925
Liz Lieu Los Angeles, CA $57,900
Paul Darden Jr. Hamden, CT $55,100
Clonie Gowen Dallas, TX $50,475
Dave Scharf Saskatoon, Sask $49,850
Greg "Fossilman" Raymer Stonington, CT $39,525 (Last year's champion, certainly passing the last two champion's first days)
Tomer Benvenisti Las Vegas, NV $33,925 (2003, 5th place in ME)
Pascal J Perrault Paris $31,975
Mark Napolitano Gibraltar $31,650
Van "Vinny" Landrum Canoga Park $31,625
Matt Dean Woodlands, TX $26,775 (Last year final table)
David Plastik Las Vegas, NV $26,500
Jay B Heimowitz Bethel, NY $23,200 (Is this Jackpot Jay?)
Chris Grigorian Los Angeles, CA $17,575
Toto Leonidas Los Angeles, CA $12,500
John Gale London $10,050
Jeff Shulman Las Vegas, NV $5,225

I took this list off of one source, so it could be wrong. I thought Raymer had about 10k more and Shannon Elizabeth was left after Day 1, the American Pie SE.

A LOT of pros got eliminated near the end of the day. Chris "Jesus" Ferguson, Eric Seidel, Josh Arieh, Scott Fischman, Ted Forrest, Mike Sexton, David Grey, Johnny Chan, Humberto Brenes, Devilfish, Mike Caro, Eskimo Clark, Barry Greenstein, Isabelle Mercier, Phil Laak, Gus Hansen.

Jennifer Harman got eliminated early on a tough beat. She had Q-Q to an opponent's 8-9 of diamonds pre-flop. The flop comes 10-J-Q (JQ of diamonds). That gives her a set and the other guy a straight with flush draw. The next card is brutal, a 10 of diamonds. Gives her a big full house...only to give her opponent a straight flush. Harsh.

There's a guy there, that whenever he plays a pot, he puts on an Elmo mask. The pics are hilarious.

On Day 1b, it seems Sammy Farha doubled up on the first hand when both players made a full boat on the flop.

About Shannon Elizabeth, she's supposedly played really well. She had a pretty tough table (One guy had 7 WSoP cashes, Jan Sjavik) and she was polite the whole time, no unorthodox moves either.

Brad Garrett was playing too.

I got Sliced and Iced!
I'm airing it out.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 It's down to 27 - *SPOILERS AHEAD* Bebo 07-14-05 1
   RE: It's down to 27 - *SPOILERS AH... Fishercat 07-14-05 2
   RE: It's down to 27 - *SPOILERS AH... Fishercat 07-14-05 4
 OUCH! (Note: WSOP Main Event Spoile... Fishercat 07-14-05 3
   RE: OUCH! (Note: WSOP Main Event Sp... Bebo 07-15-05 5
       RE: OUCH! (Note: WSOP Main Event Sp... Fishercat 07-15-05 6
           You're right Bebo 07-15-05 7
 RE: World Series of Poker universityofkentuckyrocks 07-17-05 8

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Bebo 21083 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

07-14-05, 01:18 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Bebo Click to send private message to Bebo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "It's down to 27 - *SPOILERS AHEAD*"
I hate, hate, hate, hate that Mike Matusow is the chip leader at this point. Can't stand him.

Phil Ivey and Fossil Man are both in the top 5 - woohoo! I've been watching the 2004 WSOP with Raymer's commentary, and I'm enjoying it. He's a classy guy.

Gotta cheer for the British woman, since a lady has never made it to the final table.

07-14-05, 04:49 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Fishercat Click to send private message to Fishercat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: It's down to 27 - *SPOILERS AHEAD*"
Been following it almost religiously.

At the end of yesterday, they lost two notable pros in Neverwin (Love that nickname) and Juanda, so they're down to about three famous names. The Mouth, The Champ, and The Best Player in the World (IMO).

Raymer has a pretty deep thinking regiment. You have to be really lucky to win tournament poker, but that skill factor on him is off the charts.

If Tiffany Williamson (I've heard she has gotten lucky often, but she definitely has a shot) makes the table, she'll be, IIRC, the second woman to make the final table (I think Barbara Enright made it in the late 90's. Annie Duke was close while 8 months pregnant, 10th place).

Matusow's interesting. I actually have some pity for him, but when he's on, he can have a good sense of humor. When he goes far though...hooboy.

I'm also cheering for that guy who stalled play as much as possible so one player (Bing Wang) could get back from a short break that he thought was the long dinner break. Visibly upset and protested by taking forever to play. His name's Andrew Black.

With three major pros (Matusow/Raymer/Ivey) remaining with one medium-named player (Minh Ly), I'd love to see at least two of them at the final table.

I want some big play today. Raymer and Ivey are at the same player. Two aggressive player with big stacks. Ought to be fantastic.

We'll know our final table (hopefully) after today.

I got Sliced and Iced!
I'm airing it out.

07-14-05, 11:17 PM (EST)
4. "RE: It's down to 27 - *SPOILERS AHEAD*"
Heh, you might not be very happy about how everything is going

I got Sliced and Iced!
I'm airing it out.

07-14-05, 08:02 PM (EST)
3. "OUCH! (Note: WSOP Main Event Spoilers Ahead)"
Raymer just took a HUGE hit losing with K-K when another player went all in with a flush draw and one card to go and hit it. It turned out to be, technically, runner-runner-runner as the first two cards of the flop with not hearts, the last three were.

He's now at 400k at 25-50k blinds and 5k antes, so four rotations. He'll be looking to go in with any decent pair or a good ace.

I got Sliced and Iced!
I'm airing it out.

07-15-05, 09:06 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Bebo Click to send private message to Bebo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: OUCH! (Note: WSOP Main Event Spoilers Ahead)"
While I like Raymer, I find myself cheering against him winning back-to-back. I prefer hearing people talk about Doyle Brunson doing that in the 70s.

I could have sworn that the announcers have said on other broadcasts that no woman has made the final table.

07-15-05, 02:26 PM (EST)
6. "RE: OUCH! (Note: WSOP Main Event Spoilers Ahead)"
I'm pretty sure Enright came in 5th at that final table, I could be wrong.

Heh, your boy is the only major player at the final table, I'm cheering for him or Andrew Black

I got Sliced and Iced!
I'm airing it out.

07-15-05, 02:32 PM (EST)
7. "You're right"
Just found a site listing all of the final table information, and she finished 5th in 1995 (Dan Harrington's year).

http://www.pokerpages.com/pokerinfo/wsop/winners1990s.htm

http://www.pokerpages.com/articles/profiles/barbaraenright.htm

So that's two mistakes we've caught for the announcers - the first was when they said Moneymaker was the first defending champion knocked out on Day 1.

universityofkentuckyrocks 2575 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

07-17-05, 09:04 PM (EST)
Click to EMail universityofkentuckyrocks Click to send private message to universityofkentuckyrocks Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: World Series of Poker"
No offense here but I absolutely hate poker. None of my friends have ever played poker and we make fun of the show being on TV. I'm just wondering how is it entertaining too watch.

UL will always suck in my book!

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •