LAST EDITED ON 09-12-06 AT 00:25 AM (EST)
LAST EDITED ON 09-11-06 AT 03:49 PM (EST)
LAST EDITED ON 09-11-06 AT 01:12 PM (EST)
A new season of The Amazing Race is upon us. Time to play Max Headroom's favourite game.
What is this “Be the Amazing Racer” game, you ask? Well, it's a role-playing game invented by the lovely and talented Angelfood some years ago. You sign up to “speak” as one of the contestants.
Here is the current Survivor version.
Here is the current Big Brother version.
Be funny, be snarky. Bash ‘til your little heart’s content. No-one wins at the end, so there’s no competition. Do you think you know what was going on in a racer’s head when say, he raced to Phil wearing no shoes? Or when she broke down and cried in a fish market? Post it here!
1. Casting: Sign up for a Character from the show to speak for/represent (reply below). One spot per character - first come basis. You may not be someone already taken or reserved. I try to be fair and work it out if there is a problem.
2. Please post at least once a week/episode, at least until your team is eliminated, after that - optional, you may still add comments. If you're going be out just send me a PM. If you miss 2 weeks without notice, I will have to reassign the character.
3. Sign the bottom of EVERY post you write with your Racer’s name or picture. Characters are difficult to keep track of. I will make up sig pics.
4. Speak as your character would speak, and speak for them. Share your character's inner thoughts about what happened in the episode, and what they think of the other Racers. Praise, tease or bash away. Be funny.
5. Have fun, this is not for SERIOUS bashing. Also, be careful not to post any big spoilers (like who is going). Don't bash other players personally.
6. If your character is eliminated, you get the privilege of writing your own "final remarks", so PLEASE DO. You are encouraged to continue to post from Sequesterville.
7. If your character wins, you win.... the coveted title of Be the Amazing Racer Winner and that is all.
8. Anyone not signed up as a character/Racer, is still invited to make comments about the characters or about posts, just please do not speak as a character - just be a cameraperson, taxi driver, menu item, etc.
By all means PM me if you have a question or whatever. Feel free to suggest your own tag line.
Here are the Racers:
Dustin and Kandice
Erwin and Godwin
Kellie and Jamie
Duke and Lauren
Lyn and Karlyn
David and Mary
Rob and Kimberly
Bilal and Sa'eed
Peter and Sarah
Tom and Terry
Tyler and James
Vipul and Arti
Please also feel free to post as a Camera or Sound Person or a local. There will be generic sig pictures for any and all to use.
And of course, I will be Phil.
Editted again to add: EVERYONE is welcome to play. Newbies: Build up your post count! Oldbies: Snark snark snark! Lurkers: Join up with RTVW and make friends with a bunch of Internet weirdos! (Who are *not* axe-murderers. Honest.)
And yet again to clarify which is Sa'eed and which is Bilal.