The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Calling as Suvivor fans..fight an Injustice.."
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

BadAs 372 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

08-14-00, 01:55 AM (EST)
Click to EMail BadAs Click to send private message to BadAs Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Calling as Suvivor fans..fight an Injustice.."
For those of you that have followed the SS.com board, you are aware of a very funny "Dance" flash program that AJA created and posted on her website on tripod.com. She was never out to make a profit from the video captures, she just gave all of us something to laugh about. She had over 350K hits in over a week laughing at her creations of survivor "Dances".

Well someone hacked into her site and copied THE RICH DANCE and registered www.therichdance.com On the site they give thanks to AJA and her website. She did not authorzie this. What makes this so appauling is that this "theif" has an Amazon.com link to purchase the Survivor book. Now I know that AJA's orginal Dance creation was not her property because the Survior True images are property of CBS/Mark Burnett. But AJA ment no harm, was not trying to profit from the pics, and just wanted to spread some Humor. She has since taken all the dance pictures off her web site and is offering the "dances" on E-bay. AJA will donate any money that is recieved from the bids to Charity and stated she will post the receipt on her site.

Now What can we do about this Injustice. I have written a email to Amazon.com and ask them to investage and remove the account of the person using the www.therichdance.com I hope you also see this is the right thing to do, and follow my lead by emailing amazon.com to express your discust. Trying to profit off of a well thought of idea is one thing. Down right hacking into and stealing an Idea and trying to profit is another. Now you may not agree that the images should have been used in the first place, but you as customers and internet users have the power to express you opinons and make it Known to AMAZON.COM that lieing, cheating and stealing for Profit is not something you aggree with.

Sorry for the long thread but this really pissed me off.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 Here is the email address of amazon... BadAs 08-14-00 1
   AJA's post from SS.com (orginal) BadAs 08-14-00 2
       RE: AJA's post from SS.com (orgina... Lady_Electra 08-14-00 3
           RE: AJA's post from SS.com (orgina... Rat Chef 08-14-00 4
       Update new info on the AJA's saga ... BadAs 08-14-00 5
           (Update) The Battle is over and the... BadAs 08-14-00 6
               RE: Update flying squirrel 08-14-00 7
                   RE: Update Vampkira 08-14-00 8
                       Little confused melissa 08-14-00 9
                           RE: Little confused BadAs 08-14-00 10
 RE: Calling as Suvivor fans..fight ... Magus 08-14-00 11
 legal action? jurymember 08-15-00 12
   so JM about that lunch date..a Lawy... BadAs 08-15-00 13
       RE: so JM about that lunch date..a ... Vampkira 08-15-00 14
       you crack me up jurymember 08-15-00 16
 Message from Aja... LoudmouthLee 08-15-00 15
 RE: Calling as Suvivor fans..fight ... tyke210 08-15-00 17

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

08-14-00, 02:01 AM (EST)
Click to EMail BadAs Click to send private message to BadAs Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "Here is the email address of amazon.com if you wish to reply"
associates@amazon.com <associates@amazon.com>

Ps. also if you go to the rich site, the email address goes directly to AJA..so don't cuss out that email address, she is the "Victim" not the Evil bastard.

08-14-00, 02:10 AM (EST)
2. "AJA's post from SS.com (orginal)"
I'm sorry to say this, but all of the dances have been taken down. They were NEVER!!!!!!!!!!!!
for money. In the 9 days they were up "TheRichDance"
alone got over 176 thousand hits. Over the weekend a common theif broke into my website stole the dance and made a webpage that looks like it belongs to me. The E-mail address on it is mine they link my Webpage and SS.com but they have an Amazon ad
to buy the book from MB.
So while we are on MB let's talk about what I've found after looking in to who registered the name "therichdance.com" I find no technical contacts or billing contacts so I search a little more and find that the site is being hosted on one of the c-class IP addresses of Parts.com Hmmmm..(wonder if they know) next I look at the ad on the page which in deep research find it is hosted by (MiracleBaby.com) which is also hosted on one of the Parts.com IP address hmmmm(wonder if they know about this one?) So all I can think is that maybe Strauss, David which is the technical contact for mircale baby also works for parts.com and possibly useing there IP address for his own web pages then created the rich site to generate the traffic to sell the book thru his auction account on Amazon.com... I can just guess within the next day or 2 Advertising will also be placed on the page. Hell with well over 100 thousand hits who wouldn't want that kind of traffic.
Really Sly
I took the dances down, because they are being whored out. THEY NEVER WERE FOR MONEY!!!!
Trust me when I tell you I have had plenty of offers. Now I did place them (All 4 on Ebay)
Also I'd like everyone to know that all proceeds of the dance's being sold on E-bay will go to a charity (A no kill animal hospital)
No matter if they sell for 9.99 or 1 million.
and I will post the charitable reciept on my page
Http://therichdance.tripod.com
Oh one more thing.......
And it ain't over yet.
Aja.

Lady_Electra 68 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

08-14-00, 03:41 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Lady_Electra Click to send private message to Lady_Electra Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: AJA's post from SS.com (orginal)"
AARGH! I am SO glad you brought this up. I have enjoyed all of Aja's dances since the Richdance. I think it is HORRIBLE what is happening with this. I hope he nails the piss out of the people who are trying to cash in on this...And, I will let Amazon know how I feel!!

AJA: If you read this, please accept my admiration for your dances, and all of the contributions I have been lucky enough to read on SS. PLEASE try and find a way to bring back the dances...( my hubby especially liked thecolleendance. )The thought of no Rudy dance...*sigh*

And if you aren't too busy, how 'bout dropping by here sometime?

GO AJA!!!!!!!!!

Rat Chef 216 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

08-14-00, 07:35 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Rat%20Chef Click to send private message to Rat%20Chef Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: AJA's post from SS.com (orginal)"
I, too, have enjoyed reading Aja's posts on the other board and am always outraged when people pull stunts like the one just pepetrated against her. But, in the grand scheme of things, I wouldn't lift a finger for any of the regulars at that board. It will be an interesting little sideshow to watch, but it's their problem over at the little clubhouse and has nothing to do with those of us who were shut out of membership by an exclusionary attitude on that board, then ridiculed for being over here. Sorr, but any sympathy I might be able to work up stops at the edge of this web site.

08-14-00, 10:22 AM (EST)
5. "Update new info on the AJA's saga a post from SS.com (orginal)"
AJA posted this update on SS Board
-----
I have removed the sale of the SWF files from Ebay. They never were for
profit and I do want anyone assuming that I am now selling them for profit.
I will still give a donation to the charity tho.....
Thank you everyone for your kind words...
Aja.

------

doing what we can AJA

BA

08-14-00, 12:30 PM (EST)
6. "(Update) The Battle is over and the good guys won"
Thank you SB Board ...

post from AJA

--------

The Fake Dance site is out of business"
Thank you Everyone for all your advice and help.
The fake "TheRichDance" site has been removed.
Thank you,Thank you,Thank you,Thank you,Thank you,Thank you,Thank you,Thank you,Thank you,
Aja.
Soon we will dance again.

----------
Got to love it when the good guy wins!!!

Go Rudy, Go AJA !!!

flying squirrel 290 desperate attention whore postings

08-14-00, 01:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail flying%20squirrel Click to send private message to flying%20squirrel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Update"
a happy ending after all.

Vampkira 133 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

08-14-00, 04:26 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Vampkira Click to send private message to Vampkira Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Update"
WOOOOOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Vampkira ( formerly, Lady Electra)

"Hey! we ARE on a game show!"-Colleen

melissa 55 desperate attention whore postings

08-14-00, 11:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail melissa Click to send private message to melissa Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "Little confused"
I went to the fake site and there is apparantly a message from AJA and the name has been redirected to Tripod.com.
Also a thanks to SurvivorSucks.com??
why?
and is this really AJA's site now?
any thoughts?

08-14-00, 11:23 PM (EST)
10. "RE: Little confused"
the fake site WAS www.therichdance.com This site has been removed. AJA's true site is http://therichdance.tripod.com/

All is well in the kingdom again. The evil Bastard has been destroyed.

PS. And you thought CAPLOCK was a hacker..

Magus 31 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

08-14-00, 11:43 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Magus Click to send private message to Magus Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Calling as Suvivor fans..fight an Injustice.."
Go Team!

Now that this is over, do you think she'll still do dances? I was looking forward to a Rudy Dance, but I'd understand if Aja doesn't want to. Anyway, great news.

jurymember 68 desperate attention whore postings

08-15-00, 00:45 AM (EST)
Click to EMail jurymember Click to send private message to jurymember Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "legal action?"
As an intellectual property lawyer, I can help AJA (on a volunteer basis) if she has any desire at all to send a nasty letter to the infringers. Just let me know...

08-15-00, 02:25 AM (EST)
13. "so JM about that lunch date..a Lawyer huh?"
things are looking better every mintue..LOL

BA

Vampkira 133 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

08-15-00, 08:43 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Vampkira Click to send private message to Vampkira Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: so JM about that lunch date..a Lawyer huh?"
Gotta love it! I am going through "dance" withdrawls....Give 'em hell, Aja!

"Hey, we ARE on a game show!"- Colleen

jurymember 68 desperate attention whore postings

08-15-00, 10:23 PM (EST)
Click to EMail jurymember Click to send private message to jurymember Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "you crack me up"
LAST EDITED ON 08-15-00 AT 10:24 PM (EST)

LoudmouthLee 294 desperate attention whore postings

08-15-00, 02:24 PM (EST)
Click to EMail LoudmouthLee Click to send private message to LoudmouthLee Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "Message from Aja..."
Aja and I are close... She sent me an email back when I showed her the link of the message thread. Here's what she asked me to post.

You have a membership on the other board, would you tell them thank you for
me, for their kind words and everything they did,
and that we shall dance again.
Aja.

tyke210 43 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

08-15-00, 10:46 PM (EST)
Click to EMail tyke210 Click to send private message to tyke210 Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: Calling as Suvivor fans..fight an Injustice.."
HMMMM!!!!

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •