The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Last task and passport"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Amazing Race Basher Forum (Protected)
Original message

Spider 164 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

05-24-06, 05:33 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Spider Click to send private message to Spider Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Last task and passport"
It seems both teams were pretty bad at remembering the countrees they were in. I was wondering whether they were allowed to look in their passports or any other written information?

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Last task and passport Peetah 05-24-06 1
 RE: Last task and passport Snidget 05-24-06 2
   RE: Last task and passport Earl Colby Pottinger 05-26-06 3
       RE: Last task and passport KeithFan 05-30-06 4
       RE: Last task and passport JohnMc 06-06-06 5
           RE: Last task and passport ineedchocolate 08-19-06 6

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Peetah 334 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

05-24-06, 10:49 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Peetah Click to send private message to Peetah Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Last task and passport"
I thought that too, but then I've had the luxury of following them on a map, discussing it here, etc. They were finishing a grueling month of travel with tons of different stress. After all, they didn't set the itinerary like you would with your own vacation, they just go where the clues say.

Also, you might know some of the flags, but the flags of the smaller countries (Oman, Thailand) are hardly common knowledge.

Finally, I doubt that they could use their passports, but even so, the stamps don't have their flags usually, and it might even take longer to figure out the order. Custom officers don't necessarily put the stamps in order in your passport.

Snidget 44369 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

05-24-06, 12:29 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Last task and passport"
I thought I heard them say in the instructions that while one person had to do it, the other person could give verbal help and that no information other than what they remembered themselves could be used (no notes, etc.)

Earl Colby Pottinger 2597 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

05-26-06, 08:27 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Earl%20Colby%20Pottinger Click to send private message to Earl%20Colby%20Pottinger Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Last task and passport"
I don't remember the 'no notes' part. But like to point out that is the evil genius of the Amazing Race. That which is not against the rules is allowed.

With the rush at the end to be first, I am not suprised that no-one thought to look at thier passports - afterall the flags were right in font of them and the race was almost at the end. Thinking clearly at that moment is a hard thing to do.

By the way - is it just me or does anyone else like these 'find where you were' tests at the end of the latest TARs?

KeithFan 7422 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

05-30-06, 09:09 AM (EST)
Click to EMail KeithFan Click to send private message to KeithFan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Last task and passport"
By the way - is it just me or does anyone else like these 'find where you were' tests at the end of the latest TARs?

Yes, it's a great equalizer.

JohnMc 2679 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

06-06-06, 05:45 PM (EST)
Click to EMail JohnMc Click to send private message to JohnMc Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Last task and passport"

As long as they keep the test fresh, then I'm all for it. Like the map on TAR8, the flags for TAR9. Those were cool. But it's got to be fresh and not get boring and predictable, like the Car challenge always being F5 or the family visit always at F6 on Survivor.

Keep us on our toes and I'll keep watching!

ineedchocolate 12 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

08-19-06, 07:15 AM (EST)
Click to EMail ineedchocolate Click to send private message to ineedchocolate Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Last task and passport"
Beats the boring run to the pit stop anyway...

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •