The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Final Hit Me Baby One More Time Summary"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Other Reality TV Shows Forum (Protected)
Original message

Flairmarq 303 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

06-30-05, 11:13 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Flairmarq Click to send private message to Flairmarq Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Final Hit Me Baby One More Time Summary"
Sorry about the mistakes last week--I write my column as i watch the show. Hence some of the mistakes. Didn't know you knew so much about Club Nueavo or however you spell it. This week is more accurate.

Welcome to the season finale of “Hit Me Baby One More Time.” They saved the last people they could get—I mean the best for last. As per usual, our host hopefully for the final time is Vernon “I am not Seacrest but just as annoying” Kay. Glass Tiger won the online voting from last week.

Last time we heard Juice Newton her song “Just Call Me Angel of the Morning” was sampled by Shaggy. (So yes, she is still getting royalties.) She is now in San Diego, CA taking care of her own personal zoo of a home. You name it, she has it. But still touring a hundred days a year.

Her first song was “Playing with the Queen of Hearts” The Juice looks better than she did when she released the song, look more MILF than ever. Singing wise, she hasn’t changed a bit, which is a good thing. It’s too bad they don’t have more country artists on this show.

Then she did “Pieces of Me” by Ashlee Simpson. No lip syncing this time, all her. She sang the song an octave lower and more disconnected. Still harmonic, but sorry to say this, but I like the original better.

Last time we heard Animotion, they were reunited by VH1’s “Bands Reunited.” Aka where HBOMT finds their bands. They are now in Portland, OR and Fresno, CA raising kids. The two in Fresno are married and learning to flying. The other in Portland is a graphic designer and promoting his son’s band.

Their first song with “Obsession”. The guy singer looked like a reality show host, and the female had a funky hair due—B 52’s meet punk. It was a good karaoke performance, but not good for being themselves. Nice choreography though.

Their second song was “Days Gone By” by Dirty Vegas. It was the same words, different music. More Latin oriented beats. Funky and cool. Pretty good. Not much sing though. More rapping.

Last time we heard of Shannon—wait. Who is she? This is the first time I have never heard of the artist. Well, she is out of White Stone, NY. Working on a new CD and loving her classic Lincoln Continental.

She did her hit “Let the Music Play”. I have never heard this song, which means a lot considering I am a music expert. A little breathy on the vocals, but ok. Had some good dancers on stage. She did a push-up dance move on stage but I would be more impressed if she did a worm.

She then did. “Foolish” by Ashanti More melodic and smooth this time, a lot better than her hit. A bit back-up singer heavy though. Still a great performance.

Last time we heard from PM Dawn, they were trying to hit on Christina Applegate. (Listen close to their first song and you’ll get it.) Damn Christina came a long way since then. Now PM Dawn is located in Howell, NJ. Raising kids and collecting albums--that’s about it.

They did their soothing hit “Set a Drift of Memory Bliss”. Prince Be had some problems moving and no dreads—cornrows instead. They had a hollar back guy there. Still pretty good but the hollar back-up wasn’t needed.

They then did “Blurry” by Puddle of Mudd as their second song. More soothing version of the song and more hip hop. Kinda sounded like their hit “Die Without You” with Blurry lyrics. The hollar guy gave out roses. First time I saw an artist bribing the audience. But it was a good rendition.

Last time we saw Missing Persons (place ironic comment here) was in the Bahamas trying to find a missing girl. Just kidding. They are out of Philly, and the lead singer is a single mother raising two kids.

Their first song is “Words”. The lead singer came out in a three piece suit, a hat and Courtney Love’s hair. She still has her style—half rap half singing. Solid performance.

“Can’t Get You Out of My Head” by Kylie Monogue was their next song. Disconnected and karaoke-ish. Not really good.

The winner of the night is “PM Dawn” in the closest vote of the season. I like them personally. They are giving their $25,000 to the Juvenile Diabetes Foundation. So for now, HBOMT is over, but the Flairmarq goes on. So for now, it’s me dimming the lights and turning off the mics.

http://notsoblah.blogspot.com

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 OMH! PhoenixMons 06-30-05 1
 RE: Final Hit Me Baby One More Time... foonermints 07-01-05 2
 RE: Final Hit Me Baby One More Time... DigiCatJond 07-01-05 3
 RE: Final Hit Me Baby One More Time... djandy 07-02-05 4
   RE: Final Hit Me Baby One More Time... cambo 07-03-05 6
 RE: Final Hit Me Baby One More Time... seahorse 07-02-05 5
 RE: Final Hit Me Baby One More Time... Cygnus X1 07-04-05 7
 RE: Question Pretty_Kitty 07-05-05 8
   RE: Question bystander 07-06-05 9

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

PhoenixMons 4696 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Stuff Magazine Centerfold"

06-30-05, 11:34 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PhoenixMons Click to send private message to PhoenixMons Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "OMH!"
Great summary! Thanks for filling us in...I missed the show, so it was great to read all about it through your eyes

I missed a lot of people I used to like tonight. And you've never heard "Let the Music Play" - really? The one that goes like this...

Let the Music play
He won't get away
Just keep the groove and then
He'll come back to you someday

Loved that song!

But mostly, I'm a HUGE PM Dawn fan! I loved I'd Die Without You and Set Adrift. Too bad I missed them

Always liked Juice Newton as well. And I like the song Obsession, too! The only ones I wasn't very familiar with were Missing Persons.

Thanks again for a great summary!

Got blog?

foonermints 14531 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

07-01-05, 12:57 PM (EST)
Click to EMail foonermints Click to send private message to foonermints Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Final Hit Me Baby One More Time Summary"
I'd like to say Thanks, too. I wasn't really interested after the first one, but it was nice to read your summaries to see what I missed. Great job!

Handcrafted by RollDice

DigiCatJond 37 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

07-01-05, 07:40 PM (EST)
Click to EMail DigiCatJond Click to send private message to DigiCatJond Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Final Hit Me Baby One More Time Summary"
Nice job on the summary. I wonder if the show will be back,
i enjoy the blast from the past aspect, but it is a bit
cheesey.

djandy 1711 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

07-02-05, 12:15 PM (EST)
Click to EMail djandy Click to send private message to djandy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Final Hit Me Baby One More Time Summary"
The first time I saw a commercial for this show, it was during Saturday Night Live, and I thought it was one of their spoofs instead of the real thing. I didn't realize until I saw another commercial later that it was for real. I've enjoyed the blast back to the past, but so many bands have lost their singing voices that it's just sad.

djandy
S8 ABC Red Ink Champ, S7 ABPABC Red Ink Champ, CMY FOMO Red Ink Champ

cambo 286 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

07-03-05, 03:41 PM (EST)
Click to EMail cambo Click to send private message to cambo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Final Hit Me Baby One More Time Summary"
>I've enjoyed the blast back
>to the past, but so
>many bands have lost their
>singing voices that it's just
>sad.

I agree. I only saw two episodes and both were really hard to watch b/c I thought the singing was pretty bad.

seahorse 14337 desperate attention whore postings

07-02-05, 09:53 PM (EST)
Click to EMail seahorse Click to send private message to seahorse Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Final Hit Me Baby One More Time Summary"
Very good summary, Flairmarq.

Handcrafted by RollDdice

Cygnus X1 7505 desperate attention whore postings

07-04-05, 06:24 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Cygnus%20X1 Click to send private message to Cygnus%20X1 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Final Hit Me Baby One More Time Summary"
Have enjoyed your summaries, Flair!

One question re Missing Persons: Long ago, Patrick O'Hearn was the keyboardist. He's now an established New Age artist. I take it he wasn't with the band this time around? Or did they introduce the members?

No biggie if you don't know.

Pretty_Kitty 536 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

07-05-05, 12:35 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Pretty_Kitty Click to send private message to Pretty_Kitty Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Question"
I was sure I saw a commmercial that Irene Cara was going to be on did I miss that episode? I looooove her and really wanted to see dang it! can anyone fill me in?

bystander 4968 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Stuff Magazine Centerfold"

07-06-05, 09:25 AM (EST)
Click to EMail bystander Click to send private message to bystander Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Question"
Irene Cara was on one of the earlier shows. IIRC she won.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •