The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Outback Eating"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

Bye2Jerri 11 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

04-21-01, 12:31 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Bye2Jerri Click to send private message to Bye2Jerri Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Outback Eating"
I hope this hasn't been covered elsewhere....I LOOKED first so I felt it was safe to post. If it isn't, I hereby authorize Shakes to apply 20 lashes upon my miserable back.

I have been wondering, and maybe someone could tell me (as I am sure Steve Irwin could),aren't there cat-tails any where near water there in the outback? Those would be excellent eating to ME if I was sitting around eating nothing but rice and fish. Also, there are a lot of nutrients in algae.

Why do they spend all those hours just staring at a campfire when there are lizards and what not to fry?

Sorry....too many survival books for THIS girl! LOL!!!

Any one know if it is against the law for them to eat the native reptiles, birds, and etc???

BY THE WAY....remember the blurb about the turtles that they keep "catching"? Those are highly edible. WHy do they let them go????

Did MB put them in a habitat full of edibles that are protected from poaching to watch them become malnourished or are the "survivors" just not trying as hard as they could to get more proteins and roughage into theier diets?

just wundering.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 I goofed! Wrong forum! SORRY!!!! Bye2Jerri 04-21-01 1
 20 Lashes with a Wet Cat-Tail! IceCat 04-21-01 2
 RE: Outback Eating SurvivinDawg 04-22-01 3

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Bye2Jerri 11 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

04-21-01, 12:34 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Bye2Jerri Click to send private message to Bye2Jerri Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "I goofed! Wrong forum! SORRY!!!!"
Please be easy on me when you attack. I thought I was in the basher forum. I errored and acknowlege the folly of my ways.

Bye2Jerri

IceCat 17415 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

04-21-01, 01:16 PM (EST)
Click to EMail IceCat Click to send private message to IceCat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "20 Lashes with a Wet Cat-Tail!"
Mr. Clown was unavoidably detained at another press conference across town...

IceCat

SurvivinDawg 6816 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

04-22-01, 06:52 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivinDawg Click to send private message to SurvivinDawg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Outback Eating"
Since someone might read this here, let me give a quick answer to some of your question:

1) Yes, it is illegal in Australia to eat the turtles. It is definitely illegal to hunt, catch and/or eat kangaroos and most other mammals. I think it is also illegal to kill and eat the crocodiles/alligators in the river.

2) Yes, I'm surprised they aren't foraging for more fruits and nuts and stuff, but a) MB picked some places where there isn't much of that and b) it should be painfully obvious and clear that MB is feeding these people a little bit all along. Observe the danish and coffee at the Internet Cafe RC, observe how the rice was "found" after being washed away (and judging by the camera angles, I wouldn't bet againt MB's people having thrown that rice can into the water first!, filming it washing away, then putting it in the branches to be "found".)

*** Contradictions don't exist. If you are faced with a contradiction, check your premises. You will find that one of them is wrong. -- Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

"I've never been bored a day in my life. Only boring people get bored." -- Jerri Manthey

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •