The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Why is Colby winning the challenges?"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

kirin 30 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

04-21-01, 10:54 AM (EST)
Click to EMail kirin Click to send private message to kirin Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Why is Colby winning the challenges?"
Is Colby really winning all these RC/IC awards on his own, or is he being set up that way? First there are the allegations that he had some sand in his water bucket and adding that weight was how he was able to come from behind on the fire building challenge. Then we see the picture of him with both hooks off at the same time on the next episode's RC. Now there is a claim that he didn't fairly win the slingshot IC!

<http://www.thestingray.net/pass.htm>

"By Peter Lance (Los Angeles 4/20/01) Once again, thanks to the sharp eyes and single frame capabilities of two SURVIVOR sleuths we've been tipped to evidence that Colby Donaldson won another challenge (this time for Immunity) after SII's Producer(s) decided to change The Rules.

Last this afternoon I got two e-mails, one from a viewer with laser sharp eyesight called Murphy and another from the ever watchful Michael V. Smith. Both directed me to the Slingshot Immunity challenge in Episode 12.

Jeff Probst announced The Rules this way: "You'll each have three plates and a slingshot as a weapon. For ammo: Australian macadamia nuts. You're goal: break the other Tribe members' plates before they break yours. When all your plates are broken you're out of the game. The last person left standing with a plate intact, wins Immunity. You make The Final Five."

Moments later as the Outbackers faced the brightly colored plates, the Probster stated the rules again in no uncertain terms: "Remember you each have three plates. Last person with a plate intact wins." At that precise moment, as if the editors wanted to symbolically squeeze Mark Burnett's "macadamia nuts" they cut to a shot of Elisabeth Filarski who would soon get cheated out of a victory.

You see, as the play continued and more and more plates got smashed it came down to Elisabeth, the lissome Boston shoe designer who was left with not one, but two plates "intact." The only other person still in the game was Colby Donaldson whose single blue plate was (by Jeff's own admission) "nicked." Nicked is not "intact." At that point Elisabeth should have won and Colby should have been out of the game. But for unexplained reasons the play was allowed to continue and the lethal Texas car detailer broke two of Bessie's plates in a row, stealing the Immunity necklace."

What's going on? Do you think that MB simply wasn't aware of how obvious this crap was? Or do you think that maybe Colby is getting set up for a fall? How is Keith winning with 4 locks any different than Colby winning with a chipped plate? None in my opinion, and yet it didn't happen that way did it? Any thoughts on all of this?

~Kirin

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Why is Colby winning the challe... VampKira 04-21-01 1
   RE: Why is Colby winning the challe... missalex 04-21-01 2
 Michael would make things different BaquaR13 04-21-01 3
 RE: Why is Colby winning the challe... Kokoro 04-21-01 4
 RE: Why is Colby winning the challe... SurvivinDawg 04-21-01 5
 RE: Why is Colby winning the challe... Play2Survive 04-23-01 6
   RE: Why is Colby winning the challe... SurvivinDawg 04-24-01 8
 RE: Why is Colby winning the challe... nailbone 04-23-01 7
 RE: Why is Colby winning the challe... survivingND 04-27-01 9
   RE: Why is Colby winning the challe... frogspit 04-27-01 10
 RE: Why is Colby winning the challe... lambity 04-27-01 11

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

VampKira 4433 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

04-21-01, 11:56 AM (EST)
Click to EMail VampKira Click to send private message to VampKira Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Why is Colby winning the challenges?"
Seems to me, that if Jiffy said, "intact" He should have stuck with the definition.

INTACT: with NOTHING missing or injured; Kept or left WHOLE. Sound; Entire; unimpared. ( Websters New World Dictionary.)

Well, MB and Jiffy you did it again. Using the rules to suit yourself. I'm disgusted! This is UNBELIEVEABLE!

LIZ WON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

w.l.s.f.c

One fish. Two fish. Lum fish. Hue fish.

"I'm gonna take a bath so the whole tent doesn't smell like ass at the end of the night" - The late, and often absent, Nick Brown

missalex 35 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

04-21-01, 12:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail missalex Click to send private message to missalex Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Why is Colby winning the challenges?"
Yeah, Elisabeth did win. Colby and even Keith are nasty little cheaters... ;)

BaquaR13 1336 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

04-21-01, 02:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail BaquaR13 Click to send private message to BaquaR13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "Michael would make things different"
First off, i agree. Lis should have won that immunity, and i remember while i was watching the show that i thought she had won. But i think that if Mike were still in the game things would be so different. Mike would have been a big cometetor for Colby, and thus i dont think that he would be winning as many immunities.

Kokoro 3899 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

04-21-01, 03:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Kokoro Click to send private message to Kokoro Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Why is Colby winning the challenges?"
Why would they change the rules in Colby's favour? You'd think they would've realized that Liz would be one of the most popular and she was in danger at that point....

It most likely was just an oversight and they decided that since he had 3/4 of the plate left he was still in.

Ooooh watch out everyone there's a "crack" in the alliance. Yeah, maybe; If crack was slang for millionaire.

SurvivinDawg 6816 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

04-21-01, 06:13 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivinDawg Click to send private message to SurvivinDawg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Why is Colby winning the challenges?"
I don't disagree about the carabiners in the rope challenge, but that should've been caught by JP. As Jerri Manthey said, this game is not "fair." Actually, I have no problem with the sand in the Fire Tower IC: I'd think that every contestant should have thought of that one.

But I'll come to Colby's defense just a little bit on the plates, and then I'll attack him yet again .

First, Colby's plate was damaged, but most of it was still hanging. Certainly his full name was showing. At this point, we must realize that JP is apparently the only judge/referee in these games, and it was his call to make. Whether or not it was *cheating* or just a bad call can be disputed. Referees make mistakes in many sports contests. Also, what JP considered "intact" might differ from us. JP apparently made this call.

I will also say that I hate to use the word "fair." USUALLY the words "right" and "wrong" can be used instead of "fair" and "unfair". It is a rare case where the word "unfair" can be used, but "wrong" cannot. This may be one of those times: I did not think it was FAIR that Colby's broken plate was allowed to stand BECAUSE IT PRESENTED LIS WITH A MUCH SMALLER TARGET THAN COLBY HAD FOR EITHER OF HER PLATES! It wasn't "wrong" (once JP had ruled that Colby's plate was "intact" enough), but it wasn't fair to Lis. I know, some of you are saying that JP's call is wrong, therefore it was wrong, and I won't argue the case at all.

Bottom line: They need more judges/referees in these contests.

*** Contradictions don't exist. If you are faced with a contradiction, check your premises. You will find that one of them is wrong. -- Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

"I've never been bored a day in my life. Only boring people get bored." -- Jerri Manthey

Play2Survive 270 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

04-23-01, 08:59 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Play2Survive Click to send private message to Play2Survive Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Why is Colby winning the challenges?"
I am very impressed! I had caught the rope violation.....

wait, let me digress for a sec. I had again been disgusted to see Colby pushing a girl around, like he did to Jerri three times in the obstacle course. What is with this guy? I suppose if he could have smacked Tina away from the computer to prevent her from winning the RC, he would have. Why didn't that sweet mother of his teach him it's not appropriate to abuse women......

ok, thanks for the indulgence. Now I'm not sure why MB is intent on keeping this fella in the game, but the evidence is mounting. He must have wanted to keep a good-looking guy in the game for viewership reasons (he already has an attractive female in Lis). Two weeks ago, Colby was probably the target (not Amber) but MB would rather part with Amber than Colby to have aesthetic balance. Since Colby was the target, he let the "intact" rule slide.

Yikes. I'm really disgusted.

SurvivinDawg 6816 desperate attention whore postings

04-24-01, 01:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivinDawg Click to send private message to SurvivinDawg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Why is Colby winning the challenges?"
Dawggone if you don't make an excellent point, P2S!!!

It has bothered the heck out of me why ANY of these bozos (sorry, shakes) would vote Amber out instead of Colby, especially since she was not much of an IC threat (yes, she did well in ONE RC challenge, but so what?) and she was proving herself to be as dumb as a rock. (In fact, my PTTE would be holding up nicely if you substitute "Colby" for "Amber" and vice versa!)

One thing I DID NOT CONSIDER (but should have) was that MB would fix the game to help Colby, while booting out sweet-and-cute-but-not-exciting-enough Amber. Shame on me for believing what I was seeing...

*** Contradictions don't exist. If you are faced with a contradiction, check your premises. You will find that one of them is wrong. -- Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

"I've never been bored a day in my life. Only boring people get bored." -- Jerri Manthey

nailbone 27263 desperate attention whore postings

04-23-01, 10:28 AM (EST)
Click to EMail nailbone Click to send private message to nailbone Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Why is Colby winning the challenges?"
A good article about this subject...http://www.thestingray.net/pass.htm

Could this lead us to believe that Colby, with help from JP/MB, manages to make the Final 2? Would MB be that blatant?

Not that I mind, cuz I predicted Colby at the very beginning.

The road goes on forever and the party never ends - Robert Earl Keen

survivingND 3 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

04-27-01, 01:25 PM (EST)
Click to EMail survivingND Click to send private message to survivingND Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Why is Colby winning the challenges?"
Once again Colby either is being set up to win or is allowed to cheat. In last night's immunity challenge (Memory Game), Colby had just found revealed a jaw bone. Jeff P reminded Colby that he had revealed an earlier jaw bone. All Colby had to do was remember which of the few remaing areas he had gone to. We didn't hear any other hints by Jeff to the others. Also, as the 4th person to go in the game, he had 3 people in front revealing objects. In "real" memory games, a person who makes a match must reveal 2 more objects, most likely not a match. After Colby made a match, he was allowed to stop and have the first 3 reveal more objects. With the rules as played, the 4th person, Colby, had the advantage throughout the competition. Nice setup!

frogspit 95 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

04-27-01, 02:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail frogspit Click to send private message to frogspit Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Why is Colby winning the challenges?"
LAST EDITED ON 04-27-01 AT 04:01 PM (EST)

I agree completely, ND! I first started noticing the FIX way back in IC#5 (Maze) and IC#8 (Fenced In) only confirmed it. Now Colby is winning every challenge and virtually every one of them has been controversial. Just like in "Fenced In", the memory game was played incorrectly to give the last player (in this case) the advantage... and then Jiffy even throws Colby a clue to boot yet. Yes, the FIX is in! Maybe if Colby wins the million some of these clueless players will join Stacey.

Edited to add: See the other FIXED thread:

http://community.survivorblows.com/boards/DCForumID4/456.shtml

lambity 50 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

04-27-01, 04:14 PM (EST)
Click to EMail lambity Click to send private message to lambity Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Why is Colby winning the challenges?"
The plate-slingshooting IC was one of the challenges which I also felt was unfairly judged. You'll notice that Colby's name is not as widely spanned across the plate as Elisabeth. Due to the fact that Lis has a much longer name which covers the width of the inner circle of the plate, there's a wider chance for the name area of her plates to get chipped off.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •