The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"So what is everyone's opinion of the twins now?"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Amazing Race Basher Forum (Protected)
Original message

Skilinopia 108 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

11-21-02, 05:28 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Skilinopia Click to send private message to Skilinopia Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"So what is everyone's opinion of the twins now?"
It would be really myopic not to see a frightful resembalance between the relationship of Derek and Drew, Ian and Teri and Flo and Zack.

The domineering partners - Derek, Ian and Flo
The submissive partners- Drew, Teri and Zack

If the twins were actually mean, it is showing now. Actually, it is only Derek that is mean to Drew. Is is because he is the older brother (by a few seconds) and hence domineering? Drew could exactly be placed in the same position was Teri. Yeah, he shouts back but not as forcefully as Derek. Likewise, with Teri, she snipes at Ian but is really the less domineering one in the relationship.

Notice how Derek ordered Drew NOT to give Teri any information? Doesn't that sound too much like Ian ordering Teri around?

And the meaness of Derek, "I would have found the clue by myself later anyway", "Must I be indebted to her for the rest of the race?"

On the spolier board, this could possibly mean that the twins are on the way out as MB is starting to edit them to look bad while Teri and Ian, especially Ian is horrible as usual but not as horrible as the shocking revelation that Derek is a meanie...
However, this means that we can reconsider our opinion of the squeaky clean twins and happily start bashing them. Anyone wants to start a tread that says, "Why does Drew let Derek make him his BlTCH?"

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: So what is everyone's opinion o... VA Slim 11-21-02 1
   If I was Terri? CSHS79 11-23-02 21
 RE: So what is everyone's opinion o... SmokeWilliams 11-21-02 2
 RE: So what is everyone's opinion o... Chrissy gal 11-21-02 3
 RE: So what is everyone's opinion o... trigirl 11-21-02 4
   RE: So what is everyone's opinion o... managerr 11-21-02 5
       RE: So what is everyone's opinion o... cmaybur 11-21-02 6
           RE: So what is everyone's opinion o... Lisapooh 11-21-02 7
           RE: So what is everyone's opinion o... mikey 11-22-02 19
 RE: So what is everyone's opinion o... kawee 11-21-02 8
   Let's see... Skilinopia 11-21-02 13
       RE: Let's see... Loree 11-30-02 27
 RE: So what is everyone's opinion o... Serendipity 11-21-02 9
   RE: So what is everyone's opinion o... managerr 11-21-02 10
       RE: So what is everyone's opinion o... cmaybur 11-21-02 11
 RE: So what is everyone's opinion o... SteffiGurl 11-21-02 12
   RE: So what is everyone's opinion o... cmaybur 11-21-02 14
       RE: So what is everyone's opinion o... SteffiGurl 11-21-02 15
           RE: So what is everyone's opinion o... Serendipity 11-21-02 16
               RE: So what is everyone's opinion o... SteffiGurl 11-23-02 20
 RE: So what is everyone's opinion o... Goober 11-22-02 17
   RE: So what is everyone's opinion o... managerr 11-22-02 18
       RE: So what is everyone's opinion o... 712 11-24-02 22
           RE: So what is everyone's opinion o... Chrissy gal 11-24-02 23
               RE: So what is everyone's opinion o... Skilinopia 11-25-02 24
                   RE: So what is everyone's opinion o... Chrissy gal 11-25-02 25
 Derek is still mean... Skilinopia 11-28-02 26

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

VA Slim 450 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

11-21-02, 08:11 AM (EST)
Click to EMail VA%20Slim Click to send private message to VA%20Slim Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: So what is everyone's opinion of the twins now?"
Well, this episode was more a part of the redemption of Terri/Ian than it was "demonizing" the twins. That being said, Derek's comment of "I would have found the clue by myself later anyway", "Must I be indebted to her for the rest of the race?" was a crock. They would have been up s**t's creek without a paddle, if Terri had conveniently dropped the clue out of the chalet! This situation could have been much worse for the Twins that last year's Tara/Wil incident of loosing the clue in the airport. Then, Tara had remembered enough of the clue to use her wits and the phone to figure out the flying service that they needed to use in Alaska to get to the next clue. Without a clue in their hand (do they have a "clue" in their head?), Derek/Drew would have been forced to do the Andre/Damon leech job of follow the leader. Traveling by car in caravan without a willing partner would have been difficult. I doubt that even Oh Brother would have been willing to participate in such an event at this stage of the race. The competitive juices are really heating up! Without a cooperative team to follow, all it would have taken to get the twins lost was a single red light or a busy "roundabout" to put enough separation between them and anyone they were trying to follow. The fact that they didn't show Terri the map was petty but not particularly harmful to Terri/Ian. A map was probably easy to obtain. And afterall, as I pointed out in a different post on the Fanatics Forum, the shadows on the mat at the Pitstop appear to show that the difference between the Twins and Terri/Ian was probably less than a half hour.

CSHS79 908 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

11-23-02, 02:59 PM (EST)
Click to EMail CSHS79 Click to send private message to CSHS79 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "If I was Terri?"
If I was Terri I wouldn't have just handed the twins the clue,I
would have offered to help look for it in exchange for a little help in return.Then if the twins had said no thanks we can do it
ourself believing Ken & Gerard would be on the way soon enough to give them the clue, I would have walked off with the clue in my pocket. By the way at that point where were Ken & Gerard?

Let's kick those pompous twins a55es!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SmokeWilliams 36 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

11-21-02, 09:01 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SmokeWilliams Click to send private message to SmokeWilliams Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: So what is everyone's opinion of the twins now?"
I think you are completely crazy to compare Derek and Drew to Teri and Ian. Twins have a much different relationship that a husband and wife. I should know, I have a twin and I am married. You can yell and scream at your twin all you want and they don't get mad or upset like your spouse will. We have done it all our lives. Just because the twins decided not to help Teri and Ian with info doesn't make them mean. Teri and Ian are severe ASSHOLES!! And they don't deserve any help. Ian is constantly rude and abnoxious. Teri deserves all the flack that Ian deserves because she puts up with it.

I acctually find it quite funny when they show Derek and Drew yelling at each other, as if they are having some kind of crazy blow up that will cause their effort to suffer in the race. I know that when they are yelling at eachother, only seconds later they have completely forgotten about the yelling and are getting along better than any other team in the race.

No one deserved to win more than Colby!!

Chrissy gal 1413 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

11-21-02, 09:01 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Chrissy%20gal Click to send private message to Chrissy%20gal Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: So what is everyone's opinion of the twins now?"
>>The domineering partners - Derek, Ian and Flo
The submissive partners- Drew, Teri and Zack<<

Interesting! On another thread people say that Flo (domineering) and Drew (submissive) are dating.

My opinion about the twins now: I think that brothers fight, even twins. I think that Ian has been so annoying, that I would not have helped them either. I think that Derek has been so annoyed by Guns & Hoses following them that he didn't want Napoleon (Ian) to start following them.

trigirl 2851 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

11-21-02, 10:39 AM (EST)
Click to EMail trigirl Click to send private message to trigirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: So what is everyone's opinion of the twins now?"
I was glad to see the twins fighting. They are not twinbots...they are human. Haven't you guys ever been on a roadtrip with a sibling. My sister and I are the best of friends but boy can we go at each other. That's why I would love to do TAR with her. Who else can you scream at one minute then laugh with next. If my spouse got that mad at me I would be bitchy to him forever.

managerr 1959 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

11-21-02, 11:48 AM (EST)
Click to EMail managerr Click to send private message to managerr Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: So what is everyone's opinion of the twins now?"
Their fighting was not so bad--but their not helping Teri was pretty pathetic. All T/I was asking for was some directions, they weren't doing a total leech job or anything. Their not willing to help trade that information was pretty pathetic. I'm still not over their callous driveby of Aaron/Arianne either.

cmaybur 259 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

11-21-02, 11:56 AM (EST)
Click to EMail cmaybur Click to send private message to cmaybur Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: So what is everyone's opinion of the twins now?"
...their not helping Teri was pretty pathetic.

I agree on this one. Teri was very nice to let them know where they'd left their clue. They could have simply pointed out Füssen on the map. They knew there were at least two other teams behind them.

I'm still not over their callous driveby of Aaron/Arianne either.

I sure wouldn't have stopped if I were them, especially after the way Aaron and Arianne behaved toward them. I would have flashed my brights and laid on the horn.

Chris

"Ten countries, four continents, forty-six thousand miles... Derek and Drew, you are the winners of The Amazing Race."

Lisapooh 12664 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

11-21-02, 11:59 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Lisapooh Click to send private message to Lisapooh Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: So what is everyone's opinion of the twins now?"
LAST EDITED ON 11-21-02 AT 11:59 AM (EST)

After Teri helped them, I think they should have returned the favor. Her help was more valuable then what she asked in return. That kind of pettiness could always bite you in the butt later.

I wouldn't have helped Aaron and Arianne either. It's different to me because Aaron a d Arianne had worked directly at undermining the Twins and this thing with Teri was like payback.

typos typos typos

mikey 1150 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

11-22-02, 02:50 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mikey Click to send private message to mikey Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: So what is everyone's opinion of the twins now?"

>I sure wouldn't have stopped if
>I were them, especially after
>the way Aaron and Arianne
>behaved toward them. I
>would have flashed my brights
>and laid on the horn.
>
It would have been very funny if they slowed down the car, pretended to open the door to let them in, and then mooned 'em and sped away.

kawee 101 desperate attention whore postings

11-21-02, 04:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail kawee Click to send private message to kawee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: So what is everyone's opinion of the twins now?"
Wow! I am impressed! How the hell can you guys tell Derek and Drew apart?

11-21-02, 07:23 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Skilinopia Click to send private message to Skilinopia Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "Let's see..."
Derek - Had a more angular face. A stronger voice and if I am not wrong slightly taller. A domineering elder brother who makes sure that his younger brother, by-a-few-minutes, know that he better listen or he is going to get hammered when they get home.

Drew - A broader and wider face, a more mellow voice. Doesn't shout as loudly as Derek. The voice and the face are the two factors to look out for.

Loree 8616 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

11-30-02, 09:39 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Loree Click to send private message to Loree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
27. "RE: Let's see..."
I notice that usually Derek is in red and Drew in blue. Just remember Drew = Blue.

Serendipity 525 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

11-21-02, 04:53 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Serendipity Click to send private message to Serendipity Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: So what is everyone's opinion of the twins now?"
LAST EDITED ON 11-21-02 AT 04:56 PM (EST)

Interesting theory and quite accurate. Don't know that I'd go as far as saying either Drew or Zach are on an equal footing to Teri and her bitchhood.

Derek is indeed the pissy twin. He was the one doing the yelling on the way to Cancun, at the pit stop in Fez, and again last night. However, we have seen him apologize for his behavior (except for last night and maybe they just didn't include the apology in the clips). Flo also knows she treats Zach badly, and seems to regret it, even if she doesn't stop. Ian, on the other hand, doesn't even seem to know how badly he treats his wife, never seems apologetic, and is only less abusive than usual when he's too tired out to continue hoo-rah-ing.

I don't think we know the whole story about the Twins refusing Teri the help she requested either. I do think she did them a great favor, but I also think that if they had said "thank you" nicely to her, that should have been enough. I picked up a lady's wallet in a grocery store (she didn't know she had dropped it). I called to her and returned it - I thought that was a VERY big favor - and so apparently did she because she thanked me effusively. I said "oh, you're welcome" and that was the end of it. I didn't think she owed me anything except the thank you.

We didn't hear Teri asking for the help and maybe she didn't. Maybe she expected the Twins to become her allies because of that favor and when they went on about their business, she began to loudly complain about them to their cameraman. If that was the case, I can tell you she'd never get a bit of help from me. If she did ask them for some assistance (reasonable assistance) and they refused her, then I think that wasn't very nice. But if she wanted to Drew to take the guide book out of Derek's hands and give it to her - unreasonable.

I wouldn't have stopped for A&A either. How come you don't blame Ken & Gerard for that also, managerr, when they were right in front of the Twins.

11-21-02, 05:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail managerr Click to send private message to managerr Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: So what is everyone's opinion of the twins now?"
On the way to Morocco? I don't think they were right in front of the twins. In either case, we didn't see a clip of K/G going: "Hey, was that Aaron and Arianne?" Just one of the twins.

11-21-02, 06:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail cmaybur Click to send private message to cmaybur Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: So what is everyone's opinion of the twins now?"
In either case, we didn't see a clip of K/G going: "Hey, was that Aaron and Arianne?" Just one of the twins.

It's called irony.

Aaron and Arianne were the first team to leave Portugal, so it stands to reason that all of the other teams who didn't put unleaded gas in their SUVs drove right past them, including Ken/Gerard, John Vito/Jill, and André/Damon.

Chris

"Ten countries, four continents, forty-six thousand miles... Derek and Drew, you are the winners of The Amazing Race."

SteffiGurl 358 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

11-21-02, 07:10 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SteffiGurl Click to send private message to SteffiGurl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: So what is everyone's opinion of the twins now?"
LAST EDITED ON 11-21-02 AT 07:12 PM (EST)

I never cared much for the twins. They dress exactly alike, and they yell at each other like bitches. Also, if they win TAR3 I will give up any future hopes of anyone winning this game if they are not an athletic young white male team.

Derek and Drew could have helped Teri and Ian with at least one clue, especially since it was right after Teri told Derek where his missing clue was. However, I will stand by my ground that Teri shouldn't have said anything.

Edited to add comment.

11-21-02, 08:12 PM (EST)
14. "RE: So what is everyone's opinion of the twins now?"
They dress exactly alike, and they yell at each other like bitches.

They don't really dress alike. They have semi-matching outfits, with Derek always wearing red and Drew always wearing blue. That's how you can tell who's who.

As for the yelling, they're brothers.

Also, if they win TAR3 I will give up any future hopes of anyone winning this game if they are not an athletic young white male team.

I still don't think the race is designed to favor a particular sex or ethnicity. But I do think that younger teams tend to do better, and certainly teams without any "relationship issues". That's why I think best friends will do the best at a competition like this.

Derek and Drew could have helped Teri and Ian with at least one clue, especially since it was right after Teri told Derek where his missing clue was.

I agree that made Derek and Drew look bad.

Chris

11-21-02, 09:24 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SteffiGurl Click to send private message to SteffiGurl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: So what is everyone's opinion of the twins now?"
>As for the yelling, they're brothers.

I'm aware that siblings do have a tendency to fight, but Tramel and Talicia were pretty civil to each other.

Serendipity 525 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

11-21-02, 10:53 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Serendipity Click to send private message to Serendipity Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: So what is everyone's opinion of the twins now?"
True, but TnT only made it to the 2nd episode. A real test would be if they had lasted until this point. Everyone is getting a little bit more tired and a lot mored stressed right now.

11-23-02, 05:19 AM (EST)
20. "RE: So what is everyone's opinion of the twins now?"
That is true, but I'm pretty sure D/D were fighting in the beginning too.
Eh. It doesn't matter. I just don't care for them.

Goober 209 desperate attention whore postings

11-22-02, 00:16 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Goober Click to send private message to Goober Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: So what is everyone's opinion of the twins now?"
Hmmm... I'm not quite sure what to make of it. The twins have turned from mild to malevolent faster than you can say Michael from Melrose Place.

Granted in a tight race such as this, one is hardpressed to maintain a lead of any kind-- not to mention beyond the compunction of weighing and returning favours. Were the twins ungrateful or was Teri asking too big a favor just for pointing out where they had left their clue? My thoughts would be yes and yes. Theoretically, sheer altruism means not being owed anything for help rendered, and that would include a mere verbal "thanks". In the real world however, such high mindedness is mainly reserved for dead Greek, Chinese and Indian philosophers. Helpfulness likes its share of appreciation. Even if the twins weren't willing to share their map infor with Teri, they didn't have to be so snooty abt it. If they'd outright refused to help Teri, at least they would have "gamesmanship" as defence. Where did that line,"We don't give infor. for free," come from?

Their snide remarks of Teri being the first to test the flimsy ropes might have been made in jest, but it sure looked like they were having a #####-fest.

At least in this ep. we got to see the Derek's fabled smoothness with the dames.The onceover he gave Flo at the airport was positively skanky; not that she was minding it at all (the tramp! ) And yes fellas,if you happen to look like a model--
chewing gum makes all the difference in the delivery of a pick-up line.

Easy-going, vacuous model-types turn nasty. Hee, buckle-up folks, we're in for a bumpy ride.

11-22-02, 12:06 PM (EST)
18. "RE: So what is everyone's opinion of the twins now?"
Someone pointed out on another board: "Drew rhymes with blue". That's a good way to remember who is who. (I wonder if they really wear Red/Blue or if the TAR producers are forcing them to do it)

712 356 desperate attention whore postings

11-24-02, 03:59 AM (EST)
Click to EMail 712 Click to send private message to 712 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: So what is everyone's opinion of the twins now?"
Read what it says here.

11-24-02, 10:15 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Chrissy%20gal Click to send private message to Chrissy%20gal Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "RE: So what is everyone's opinion of the twins now?"
I can't read it! What does it say?

11-25-02, 04:30 AM (EST)
24. "RE: So what is everyone's opinion of the twins now?"
It says, "In fifth grade we were placed in different classes", Drew says. "And we were made to wear arm bands so people could tell us apart" Derek adds. "Mine was read. Drew's was blue."

11-25-02, 04:10 PM (EST)
25. "RE: So what is everyone's opinion of the twins now?"
Thank you! Now we know they do the red/blue clothing thing on purpose.

11-28-02, 11:14 AM (EST)
26. "Derek is still mean..."
Derek is still the meaner of the two. All the unkind statements that come from the twins exit through his mouth. Ha, looking at the way Zach had to carry Flo's objects, it would be no surprise if Drew ends up in the same position as Zack if they are really dating. Flo may even demand Drew to be her porter wherever they go, free piggyback rides included.
Anyway, in this episode, the twins did not do anything remarkable horrible to descend to the lower stages of villainy. Ian and Teri were not redeem either. So as far as it goes, Terian is still the bad guys of the show. Derek is the mean one and Drew is the victim. Is there ominous signs of another Wilma and Clex saga forming?

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •