The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Coupling cancelled"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Other Non-Reality TV Shows Forum (Protected)
Original message

SurvivorBlows 15230 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

11-03-03, 06:34 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivorBlows Click to send private message to SurvivorBlows Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Coupling cancelled"
Wow, that was quick... don't look now, but there goes any chance NBC had that it could keep its hold on Thursdays for next year.

I'd be surprised if we don't see the same thing from "Joey" at this time next year.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Coupling cancelled AugustGirl 11-03-03 1
   RE: Coupling cancelled ginger 11-11-03 19
 RE: Coupling cancelled ohiomobprincess 11-04-03 2
   RE: Coupling cancelled ginger 11-10-03 13
 RE: Coupling cancelled KScott 11-04-03 3
   RE: Coupling cancelled SurvivorBlows 11-04-03 4
       RE: Coupling cancelled KScott 11-04-03 5
           RE: Coupling cancelled jase 11-04-03 6
       RE: Coupling cancelled ginger 11-10-03 14
           RE: Coupling cancelled KScott 11-10-03 15
           Wanda Sykes Draco Malfoy 11-11-03 16
               RE: Wanda Sykes ginger 11-11-03 20
 RE: Coupling cancelled PackMan 11-04-03 7
   RE: Coupling cancelled buckeyegirl 11-05-03 8
   RE: Coupling cancelled wildchickenhunter 11-07-03 9
       RE: Coupling cancelled Big Al 11-07-03 10
           RE: Coupling cancelled wildchickenhunter 11-07-03 11
   RE: Coupling cancelled grammarisgood 11-10-03 12
       RE: Coupling cancelled Draco Malfoy 11-11-03 18
   RE: Coupling cancelled Draco Malfoy 11-11-03 17
       RE: Coupling cancelled ginger 11-11-03 21

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

AugustGirl 11534 desperate attention whore postings

11-03-03, 07:45 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AugustGirl Click to send private message to AugustGirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Coupling cancelled"
>I'd be surprised if we don't
>see the same thing from
>"Joey" at this time next
>year.
>
Agree SB. Joey is funny, but as part of an ensemble cast. Watching an entire half hour episode of him every week? I don't think so.

ginger 22512 desperate attention whore postings

11-11-03, 12:35 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ginger Click to send private message to ginger Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: Coupling cancelled"
I wouldn't watch "Joey" if you paid me, but I have to say I remember thinking that Frasier was the LAST "Cheers" alumni I would create a show around. And I was pretty darn wrong.

ohiomobprincess 20 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

11-04-03, 11:50 AM (EST)
Click to EMail ohiomobprincess Click to send private message to ohiomobprincess Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Coupling cancelled"
I enjoyed "Coupling". I wish NBC would have given it a chance. Once "Friends" is gone, "Will and Grace" will be next. I think Thursday nights will no longer be NBC's pride and joy.

I also don't think "Joey" will last. I think Matt LeBlanc is funny, but I don't think he's funny enough to carry an entire show.

11-10-03, 03:24 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ginger Click to send private message to ginger Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Coupling cancelled"
I've said it before, I'll say it again: Catch the original Coupling on bbc. I sound just like their commercial...

KScott 3265 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

11-04-03, 01:46 PM (EST)
Click to EMail KScott Click to send private message to KScott Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Coupling cancelled"
I think the day and time slot hurt it, they should have started it on another night not Thursday. I watch CSI at that time. They should have thrown in on Tuesday Wednesday or Friday.

-

SurvivorBlows 15230 desperate attention whore postings

11-04-03, 03:52 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivorBlows Click to send private message to SurvivorBlows Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Coupling cancelled"
Friday? You're kidding right?

As for any other night, from the beginning NBC wasn't shy the fact that the show was supposed to be a 2004 Thursday night replacement for Friends, so if that was supposed to be its role, it made no sense to air it any other night -- it's whole purpose was to be the "new Friends"

11-04-03, 04:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail KScott Click to send private message to KScott Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Coupling cancelled"
No I am not kidding, I know it was supposed to be the replacement Friends but they needed to start somewhere where they would get a following and then move it to Thursday in Friends timeslot.

-

jase 187 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

11-04-03, 04:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail jase Click to send private message to jase Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Coupling cancelled"
No surprise that it got cancelled. The U.K. version is ten times better because it's unusual to see Brits talk about sex and other sexual topics. It's not unusual (or groundbreaking) for a show like this to air here in the States because those subjects are discussed/shown on just about every show in primetime. That being the case, there's no reason to watch this show when others do a better job at tackling the subject(s). Plus, the actors were horrible.

11-10-03, 03:25 PM (EST)
14. "RE: Coupling cancelled"
I saw Wanda Sykes on Daily Show complaining about having a show on Friday night. She posited the theory that Saddam Hussain hid the WMDs there because NO ONE is watching.

11-10-03, 03:46 PM (EST)
15. "RE: Coupling cancelled"
LAST EDITED ON 11-10-03 AT 04:18 PM (EST)

CSI started on Fridays as did Law & Order SVU!

a JSlice "ROCKS" original

Draco Malfoy 10525 desperate attention whore postings

11-11-03, 10:08 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Draco%20Malfoy Click to send private message to Draco%20Malfoy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "Wanda Sykes"
Who the F does she have pictures of anyways? She's frickin' EVERYWHERE! All over Comedy Central, Inside the NFL on HBO (her presence actually makes me NOT want to watch a sports show!), her FUX show... GAH! Her voice is like nails on a chalkboard to me!

I have a dead-on Wanda Sykes imitation that I use to make my wife crazy.
Start Weight:339 Last Weigh-in:299.5 Loss To Date:-39.5

11-11-03, 12:36 PM (EST)
20. "RE: Wanda Sykes"
Yeah, I'm not that crazy about her. But it was refreshing to here someone on a talk show saying "No one is watching my damn show" instead of the usual apologist autowitter.

PackMan 1207 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

11-04-03, 08:12 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PackMan Click to send private message to PackMan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Coupling cancelled"
Good riddance! It was a terrible show. I guess that means more "Super-Sized" Thursday nights where NBC just adds in more commercials to spread out three shows.

So what (if any) NBC show deserves the Thursday slot. None come to mind for me.

If you don't have time to do it right the first time, when are you going to find time to do it again? - Anonymous

buckeyegirl 5449 desperate attention whore postings

11-05-03, 08:37 AM (EST)
Click to EMail buckeyegirl Click to send private message to buckeyegirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Coupling cancelled"
I think that Coupling could've been a hit. While the actors weren't all that great, neither were the Friends crew when they started out. They should've hung in there a little while longer-it was just starting to grow on me when it got yanked.

Another Fabulous Kyngsladye Creation
"The Journey of a Thousand Miles begins with a single step."
-Confucious

wildchickenhunter 3192 desperate attention whore postings

11-07-03, 09:42 AM (EST)
Click to EMail wildchickenhunter Click to send private message to wildchickenhunter Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Coupling cancelled"
I am with you PackMan. If was awful. I really wanted it to be good, and watched it each week thinking it had to get better, but it neveer did. They never told us who these people were. Why were they toghether? They made it clear they weren't friends. They had kinda of a common place to hang out, but why were they there? Nothing made sense! For me it was nothing but a bunch of one liners. Most of which were not very funny.
I only laughed once(a slight chuckle actually) and that is when the one girl was hitting on the gay guy and one of the othere people said 'He's gay" and she says "Thats o.k. I'm by".
Glad to see it go!

Big Al 293 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

11-07-03, 01:36 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Big%20Al Click to send private message to Big%20Al Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Coupling cancelled"
I usually give a show a chance but I gave this show about 30 seconds of the first show before bailing. The laugh track was thunderously loud and after hearing hysterical laughter twice to lines that were not even remotely funny, I gave up.

wildchickenhunter 3192 desperate attention whore postings

11-07-03, 01:38 PM (EST)
Click to EMail wildchickenhunter Click to send private message to wildchickenhunter Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Coupling cancelled"
Don't blame you, I should have done the same.

P.S. you didn't miss a thing.

grammarisgood 8 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

11-10-03, 02:59 PM (EST)
Click to EMail grammarisgood Click to send private message to grammarisgood Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Coupling cancelled"
Saw one episode of Coupling - awful. I'm getting so exhausted with Thursday nights - what happened to Good Morning Miami? It was better than Coupling. Scrubs, right now, is the only thing on Thursday night NBC that consistently delivers "funny" and "touching."

(No, not like that kind of touching.)

11-11-03, 10:13 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Draco%20Malfoy Click to send private message to Draco%20Malfoy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: Coupling cancelled"
I think Good Morning Miami is on after Frasier now. Although it seems to be pre-empted a lot when they're afraid it will kill ratings.

"Why is my thing on fire?"-Karmic Dharma

11-11-03, 10:11 AM (EST)
17. "RE: Coupling cancelled"
Like my old pants, TV shows should not be stretched beyond reasonable limits with unnecessary filler. Super-Size= giving up because you have nothing. Combine Super Size with Stunt Casting, and you've got NBC's Thursday night lineup. And a rapidly shrinking audience. Who's going to watch a show that runs from 7:40 to 8:20? Especially when that extra 10 minutes is commercials?

"Why is my thing on fire?"-Karmic Dharma

11-11-03, 12:37 PM (EST)
21. "RE: Coupling cancelled"
Wow, baby - 39.5!!!!

You are a star.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •