The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"I Wanna Be a Soap Star 2"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Other Reality TV Shows Forum (Protected)
Original message

Steph_Fan 473 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

06-25-05, 07:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Steph_Fan Click to send private message to Steph_Fan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"I Wanna Be a Soap Star 2"
Is anyone planning to watch this, or can anyone say how the first season of it was? I (shudders to admit) watch one soap regularly, so I'm curious about this contest.

soapnet.go.com/onlyonsoapnet/soapstar2/

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: I Wanna Be a Soap Star 2 cambo 06-30-05 1
   RE: I Wanna Be a Soap Star 2 Steph_Fan 07-01-05 2
   RE: I Wanna Be a Soap Star 2 madkata 07-03-05 3
       RE: I Wanna Be a Soap Star 2 cambo 07-03-05 4
           RE: I Wanna Be a Soap Star 2 Steph_Fan 07-04-05 5
 Love scene episode Steph_Fan 07-10-05 6
   RE: Love scene episode cambo 07-10-05 7
   RE: Love scene episode (and baby ep... madkata 07-16-05 8

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

cambo 286 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

06-30-05, 00:42 AM (EST)
Click to EMail cambo Click to send private message to cambo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: I Wanna Be a Soap Star 2"
I'm a guy and I don't watch soap operas at all, but I did see the first season and I was really hooked. I love reality shows and also shows that show you things work behind the scenes.

07-01-05, 12:29 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Steph_Fan Click to send private message to Steph_Fan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: I Wanna Be a Soap Star 2"
Wow, it feels good to know that I'm not the only one out there who likes this! I saw the first episode and appreciated the behind the scenes aspects as well. Hope it doesn't turn into a bunch of drama queens when they are living together.

Handcrafted by RollDdice

madkata 54 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

07-03-05, 05:31 AM (EST)
Click to EMail madkata Click to send private message to madkata Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: I Wanna Be a Soap Star 2"
I watched all of last season on aol broadband (my TV's broken)... and am so happy to be catching episodes again for #2.

Christina, Christina, Christina... she was just so pathetic, as if she never took an acting class in her life. She has no idea how to be real... except for the last moment in her exit interview. FINALLY she relaxed and was just a person, not a kewpie doll. So disappointing (from a fellow Filipino)...

I like Alia and Alec, Toussaint and Prudence, and Cathy... Isaak sorta.

I'll be here if you'll be here! (The boards on Soapnet are boring!)

07-03-05, 03:38 PM (EST)
Click to EMail cambo Click to send private message to cambo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: I Wanna Be a Soap Star 2"
Christina had a great look, but she was definitely over the top. I thought the critique that 'she's not acting, but acting how she thinks you're supposed to act' was dead on. I know it's a soap opera, but she was overly dramatic.

I was most shocked that Nicole got sent home so early. Yeah, she wasn't the best actor, but she definitely had the look. Last season, Kelly (who also had a great look) got to the final four without having the acting chops.

07-04-05, 10:43 AM (EST)
5. "RE: I Wanna Be a Soap Star 2"
Yay, more people to talk to! I agree on the Christina thing, and was not at all sad to see her go. Ok, I don't have all the names down yet, but so far I like Kathy and Prudence... I don't love any of the guys yet. I like Toussaint, because he seems smart. I don't know - I'm a straight female, so you'd think I'd find at least ONE of these guys attractive. That pouty lip thing they were talking about, I just don't find it that compelling in men!

Handcrafted by RollDdice

07-10-05, 12:46 PM (EST)
6. "Love scene episode"
Anyone else see this week's episode yet? I just watched it last night. I'm starting to be a big fan of Alec - wow, was he intense! He and Prudence are my picks right now. And Sean, they never should have brought him back in the first place. BORing.

Handcrafted by RollDdice

07-10-05, 04:22 PM (EST)
7. "RE: Love scene episode"
Alec was pretty good. When they showed him standing in the doorway, it actually made me laugh because he looked like such a psycho. I think the hair helped.

Prudence has been a fave of mine from the beginning, and as for Sean he was given a second chance and did nothing with it. He also doesn't have the best physique. From looking at this face, you'd think he be built a bit better. He needs to hit the gym. I myself am thin, but then again I'm not trying to be an actor.

madkata 54 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

07-16-05, 09:14 AM (EST)
Click to EMail madkata Click to send private message to madkata Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Love scene episode (and baby episode too)"
Just finished watching the baby scene -- talk about really difficult work! And yet it's supposed to look like "real life."

Alec and Prudence are blowing me away. Not to mention there's a maturity level that's very appealing. Alec makes good, specific choices and is so interesting to watch! They're both so natural and make me as viewer RELAX and enjoy the action, as opposed to being frightened for the performers. You know how that goes, right... it's an awful feeling to watch a shipwreck...

Toussaint and Farley have to step up their game -- I'm not sure if this is the best they've got yet, but I'm willing to wait.

Alia's young and still maleable, trying different things. Hope she goes far. Cathy's a bit of a trainwreck here... I think she's the one who's going to suffer most by not getting her rest. Some people can do okay with no sleep and lots of distraction, they like the company. We'll see, we'll see.

What'd you all think?

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •