The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Alcohol in the House"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Conferences Starting Over General Discussion Forum (Protected)
Current Message

26mitogo 493 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

04-11-06, 01:37 AM (EST)
Click to EMail 26mitogo Click to send private message to 26mitogo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
41. "RE: Alcohol in the House"
The alcohol gets banned from the house when is serves a dramatic purpose to remove it ... not because it isn't really a good idea to mix alcohol and intense "therapy" (of course, the "therapy" aspect is in serious question this year!) IMO, alcohol was definetely desired by producers et. al. prior to using it's removal for yet another dramatic Kim-attack. For the healing aspect of SO, I could never understand allowing alcohol in the first place. Quite unnecessary. There were problems with it in prior seasons, as with this. However, even this season when there was concern expressed by HGs about Allison's drinking ... followed by the 24 hr argument between Jill & TJ about spending grocery money on alcohol, QueenJill was adamant that using grocery money on alcohol was not to be questioned nor revoted on. It was serving a dramatic purpose ... until it served a dramatic purpose to remove it. As was said by others, if it was honestly being removed because of possible missuse, it would have been done in season 1 and never allowed again.

As for Kim being "alcoholic" ... none of us really knows how much and how often Kim was actually drinking. I've known a lot of people who have a mixed drink or a glass of wine every night (sometimes one of each) who were never "alcoholic". They had the same amount each night as part of their social enjoyment, relaxation, celebration of a nice evening meal. They never increased it nor used it for "numbing" purposes & it did not change their behavior and it never caused problems. When they didn't have it, they were just as fine without it. There are just a lot of people in our area who have very somewhat formal "dinner time" which includes beginning with hors d'oeuvre and a cocktail then the "correct" wine with dinner. Also, many of these same people are "professionals" who often go out to "happy hour" with groups from the office ... which it sounds much like what Kim spoke of when she and her friends would go to a bar. I worked a number of years in downtown Atlanta in corporate banking. Very often we would gather after work at one of the downtown "bars" after a day in the office. And, tho married, I too was approached by other men. And it was definitly flattering ... and my marriage was never in trouble. In fact, I would come home and tell hubby about it and have a good laugh. Not saying Kim is or isn't alcoholic and not saying her marriage is or isn't in trouble. Just that none of what I have seen or heard would be definitive either way, especially considering this year's editing. Even the evening of over-drinking looked to be nothing different than a group of people having a great time, letting off some steam and enjoying themselves ... no different than the millions of other adults who get together, bring out the booze and have a crazy time. Happens ALL THE TIME. And I'm sure if Kim had done this more often than this time it would have been highlighted and surely jumped on by cameras and HGs. If an occassional fun night of over drinking where some details are somewhat blurred was a definitive sign of alcoholism then I dare say there would be a rediculously small % of non-alcoholics in this country! And in countries such as France where every meal we had there was automatically searved with an unending supply of wine, I guess the entire country would have to go to AA .... yet, in actuallity, the alcoholism rate of France is quite low. And the "black-out"? ... it was never Kim who discussed the "black out" ... that was EchoLisa's exadurated description of some details being fuzzy to Kim. Fuzzy details does not a black-out make.

I am disappointed with Iyanla's sudden change of attitude regarding ComplainingChristie. I loved Iyanla's 1st answer to ComplainingChristie after the night of partying when Christie was trying desperately to get Kim in trouble. Christie's anti-Kim campaign began in group when it was basically answered by Rhonda but that wasn't good enough for Christie. She actually pulled a "Kelly" for the day in her over-obsession with "not being supported". In fact, I suspect Kelly was all too happy to help her keep that fire going.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A man's got to do what a man's got to do. A WOMAN must do what he can't.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents
  Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 Alcohol in the House   Snackerson     04-07-06       
   RE: Alcohol in the House   Baxtera     04-07-06     1  
     RE: Alcohol in the House   phlinky     04-07-06     2  
   RE: Alcohol in the House   sweet cheeks     04-07-06     3  
     RE: Alcohol in the House   beckettrep     04-07-06     11  
         RE: Alcohol in the House   sweet cheeks     04-07-06     18  
   RE: Alcohol in the House   sweet cheeks     04-07-06     4  
     RE: Alcohol in the House   sharnina     04-07-06     5  
         RE: Alcohol in the House   sweet cheeks     04-07-06     17  
         RE: Alcohol in the House   justmyopinion     04-11-06     49  
     RE: Alcohol in the House   tac_2     04-07-06     6  
         RE: Alcohol in the House   tvfun     04-07-06     7  
         RE: Alcohol in the House   mapleleaf     04-07-06     8  
             RE: Alcohol in the House   Baxtera     04-07-06     9  
                 RE: Alcohol in the House   zipitgood     04-07-06     10  
             RE: Alcohol in the House   sweet cheeks     04-07-06     16  
             RE: Alcohol in the House   justmyopinion     04-11-06     50  
   Alcohol and meds   Cygnus X1     04-07-06     12  
     RE: Alcohol and meds   shawnar     04-07-06     13  
     RE: Alcohol and meds   sweet cheeks     04-07-06     15  
   RE: Alcohol in the House   Ptmsf     04-07-06     14  
   RE: Alcohol in the House   SOfan0221     04-08-06     19  
     RE: Alcohol in the House   sweet cheeks     04-10-06     40  
   RE: Alcohol in the House   eire_heart74     04-08-06     20  
     RE: Alcohol in the House   frittslpn1     04-08-06     24  
     RE: Alcohol in the House   onthebay     04-30-06     55  
   RE: Alcohol in the House   sillybear     04-08-06     21  
     RE: Alcohol in the House   tvfun     04-08-06     22  
         RE: Alcohol in the House   tac_2     04-08-06     23  
   RE: Alcohol in the House   Stormchaser     04-08-06     25  
   RE: Alcohol in the House   lovemydogdude     04-08-06     26  
     RE: Alcohol in the House   SeasonedRefinement     04-08-06     27  
         RE: Alcohol in the House   sharnina     04-08-06     28  
             RE: Alcohol in the House   sweet cheeks     04-09-06     31  
             RE: Alcohol in the House   sweet cheeks     04-10-06     35  
                 RE: Alcohol in the House   sharnina     04-10-06     37  
                     RE: Alcohol in the House   SeasonedRefinement     04-11-06     48  
                 WARNING - sweet cheeks   Cygnus X1     04-10-06     39  
         RE: Alcohol in the House   lovemydogdude     04-08-06     29  
             RE: Alcohol in the House   justashell     04-09-06     30  
                 RE: Alcohol in the House   pookieman     04-09-06     32  
             RE: Alcohol in the House   sweet cheeks     04-09-06     33  
   RE: Alcohol in the House   JustBNMe     04-10-06     34  
     RE: Alcohol in the House   sweet cheeks     04-10-06     36  
         RE: Alcohol in the House   kawyar     04-11-06     43  
   RE: Alcohol in the House   JustBNMe     04-10-06     38  
   RE: Alcohol in the House   26mitogo     04-11-06     41  
   RE: Alcohol in the House   momof4inVA     04-11-06     42  
   RE: Alcohol in the House   Mama_Pita     04-11-06     44  
     RE: Alcohol in the House   zipitgood     04-11-06     45  
   RE: Alcohol in the House   sillybear     04-11-06     46  
     RE: Alcohol in the House   nikkidemus     04-11-06     47  
         RE: Alcohol in the House   trikelady     04-13-06     51  
             RE: Alcohol in the House   sweet cheeks     04-13-06     52  
   RE: Alcohol in the House   LittleShihtzMom     04-17-06     53  
   RE: Alcohol in the House   crazylady     04-17-06     54  
   RE: Alcohol in the House   sharnina     05-11-06     56  
   RE: Alcohol in the House   sillybear     05-11-06     57  
     RE: Alcohol in the House   sharnina     05-11-06     58  
         RE: Alcohol in the House   wallyhoohoo     05-11-06     59  
             RE: Alcohol in the House   Shazbot     05-12-06     60  
             RE: Alcohol in the House   Baxtera     05-12-06     61  
                 RE: Alcohol in the House   origsofan     05-12-06     62  
                     RE: Alcohol in the House   Shazbot     05-13-06     63  

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •