The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"What Are You Like In Bed ???"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Off-Topic Forum (Protected)
Original message

Drive My Car 20045 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

10-16-01, 11:41 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Drive%20My%20Car Click to send private message to Drive%20My%20Car Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"What Are You Like In Bed ???"
Okay!!! Do I have everyones attention?
Now it is time to drag you dirty little minds out of the gutter. Yes, I know the minds are happy there, but this isn't about sex, (even though it was once a topic of discussion in chat)
What I am asking about is sleep habits.
Pillows, no pillows, jammies, no jammies, Back sleeper or belly.

I'll start, we have a queen sized bed, comfy, big enough now that the little one doesn't climb in on us anymore.
I use two pillows, one for head, one for hugging. Side sleeper. Light weight comforter in summer , thick down in winter.
I am a left side of the bedder ( used to be right, til we moved and hubby staked a claim on the right side first, how was I sposed to know he hated the left? From the snoring I always thought he was sleeping pretty well)

I do NOT snore ( I don't care what those people in my house say. Until they come up with some PROOF, I'm not buying it)

I have lots of nighties and don't like jammies, though I sleep in just panties, I put on a nightie as soon as I get up, and wear one when reading in bed. I love my nighties, I just don't like sleeping in them.

I like a very dark room. I have to have 2 full glasses of water next to the bad, I get thirsty. I have been known to try to drink the water without sitting up first ( second pillow comes in really handy sometimes) I once thought I was drowning, when I accidently poured water in my nose while half asleep.

My feet need to be naked, the only thing I hate more then wearing shoes in the house, is wearing socks in bed.

The Alarm clock is on my side.

OK now I know some of you will be tempted to use this information to analyze me, I don't care as long as you share your own sleepytime secrets.

( not about sex, but we will get to find out who sleeps naked ;))

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: What Are You Like In Bed ??? ItzLisa 10-16-01 1
 Uhhhhhhhhhh..... Jizzy 10-16-01 2
 RE: What Are You Like In Bed ??? PepeLePew13 10-16-01 3
 RE: What Are You Like In Bed ??? SherpaDave 10-16-01 4
 RE: What Are You Like In Bed ??? Tinkerbell 10-16-01 5
   RE: What Are You Like In Bed ??? NightScribe 10-16-01 7
       RE: What Are You Like In Bed ??? ItzLisa 10-16-01 10
           RE: What Are You Like In Bed ??? PepeLePew13 10-16-01 16
 RE: What Are You Like In Bed ??? northernlights 10-16-01 6
 RE: What Are You Like In Bed ??? Goldielocks 10-16-01 8
   RE: What Are You Like In Bed ??? ItzLisa 10-16-01 9
 RE: What Are You Like In Bed ??? Survivorchick 10-16-01 11
 RE: What Are You Like In Bed ??? MakeItStop 10-16-01 12
 RE: What Are You Like In Bed ??? aymelek 10-16-01 13
   RE: What Are You Like In Bed ??? SherpaDave 10-16-01 15
       RE: What Are You Like In Bed ??? aymelek 10-16-01 23
 RE: What Are You Like In Bed ??? Sheila 10-16-01 14
 RE: What Are You Like In Bed ??? Frau Hexe 10-16-01 17
   RE: What Are You Like In Bed ??? PepeLePew13 10-16-01 19
       RE: What Are You Like In Bed ??? Frau Hexe 10-16-01 22
   RE: What Are You Like In Bed ??? ItzLisa 10-16-01 24
       Mmmmmm...Music Jizzy 10-17-01 30
           RE: Mmmmmm...Music Frau Hexe 10-17-01 31
 In a Basket... IceCat 10-16-01 18
   Great Topic Bug! :) MandyM 10-16-01 21
 RE: What Are You Like In Bed ??? LadyT 10-16-01 20
 RE: What Are You Like In Bed ??? samiam 10-16-01 25
   RE: What Are You Like In Bed ??? LadyT 10-16-01 28
 RE: What Are You Like In Bed ??? dangerkitty 10-16-01 26
 Ah, sleep! moonbaby 10-16-01 27
 RE: What Are You Like In Bed ??? Mon Cherie 10-17-01 29
 RE: What Are You Like In Bed ??? Outfrontgirl 10-17-01 32
   RE: What Are You Like In Bed ??? Sheila 10-17-01 34
 a couple other things... SherpaDave 10-17-01 33
   RE: a couple other things... Lisapooh 10-17-01 35
       RE: a couple other things... Drive My Car 10-17-01 37
 I am having so much fun with this Drive My Car 10-17-01 36
   RE: I am having so much fun with th... LadyT 10-17-01 38
   RE: I am having so much fun with th... MakeItStop 10-17-01 42
   RE: I am having so much fun with th... Frau Hexe 10-17-01 45
       RE: I am having so much fun with th... Drive My Car 10-17-01 46
 somemore observations Jizzy 10-17-01 39
   RE: somemore observations LadyT 10-17-01 40
   RE: somemore observations PepeLePew13 10-17-01 43
 RE: The Viking does sleep Leif Eriksen 10-17-01 41
 what am I like..... Just ask Jeff P... darbygrl 10-17-01 44
 RE: What Are You Like In Bed ??? dabo 10-18-01 47
 The NAKED amoung us Drive My Car 10-18-01 48
   I object!! Tinkerbell 10-18-01 49

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

ItzLisa 3350 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

10-16-01, 12:03 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ItzLisa Click to send private message to ItzLisa Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: What Are You Like In Bed ???"
LAST EDITED ON 10-16-01 AT 01:53 PM (EST)

I saw the subject heading and thought, "That dirty dirty Buglet!"

Bed: Double. Firm mattress as I tend to have lower back problems from time to time. I live in a pretty decent sized studio apartment (think the size of the Mary Tyler Moore show single gal apartment, except I have a real kitchen in my place!), so the bed is pushed up against the wall - right side and head of bed are in a corner. No head or footboard - I just have the mattress and boxspring on a bedframe. With the bed pushed up against the wall the way it is, I have lots of fun throw pillows to jazz it up!

Pillows: I have two down pillows. When I make the bed it looks balanced, but I sleep with only one (unless John is in town, then he gets the other one, of course!).

Position: I sleep best on my back, with the blanket or comforter pulled all the way up to my chin, just my head sticking out. I hate being uncovered by my blanket! If I'm having a lot of trouble sleeping, I flip over onto my belly, with my head wrenched to the side, LOL!! I almost never sleep on my side.

Bedding: Light thermal blanket in the summer, thick down/fiberfill combo comforter in the winter.

I'm a "center-bedder" since I have it all to myself. If John is with me, I sleep on the left, he sleeps on the right. We sleep in the same positions at his place too! Edison normally sleeps with me (or with both of us). If it's just me and I'm on my back, he'll sleep sphinx-position with his front paws and head on my upper belly. If I'm on my stomach, he'll curl up next to the pillow so he's next to my head. When he was a kitten, he was tiny enough that he'd sleep curled up on my back if I was on my stomach! If John is there, Edison sleeps on John's back or stomach, depending on his position! I get totally ignored by this cat when he has John around to camp out on!

Snoring: Nope. John does. I have a far nastier habit I've never been able to shake since I was a kid - under stressful times, I grind my teeth in my sleep! ***SHIVER!!!***

Sleepwear: Summer - t-shirts and boxers, or short girly jammies. Winter - leggings and long sleeved t-shirt, or long girly jammies, OR long girly jammie bottoms and a long sleeved t-shirt. Normally, by the time I get into bed, I pull off the bottoms and just sleep in undies and the top.

I like a very dark room, same as ebuggy. Unlike Buglet, I can't drink water before bed - I have the world's smallest bladder!!! I have to have my last glass of water at the very least two hours before I go to sleep, and the last thing I do before heading to bed is to take a pee! If I don't, I'll wake up at 3 AM having to go!

Feet: slippers or socks around the house, and then off with 'em when I get into bed. Even if it's freezing, I can't sleep with anything on my feet.

Alarm Clock: On a small table at the bottom right corner of the bed, since the bed is in a corner.

Edited for all those damn sloppy typos that I wind up noticing two hours later, LOL!!!

Jizzy 2053 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

10-16-01, 12:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Jizzy Click to send private message to Jizzy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "Uhhhhhhhhhh....."
LAST EDITED ON 10-16-01 AT 12:15 PM (EST)

Hee hee...you got my attention!!

Let me say that you are quite the FREAK, Buggy!! hehe

Let's see...for me it would be:

T-shirt and undies (and not those old-man tighty-whities either!! ) I sleep in this attire regardless of the weather, I just use more covers in the winter.

I always start off sleeping on my back, then usually assume the fetal position to eventually fall asleep. I too use two pillows in the same manner as you. But...as soon as Mrs. Right decides to show up, that second pillow gets ditched for some serious snuggling!

I have been told that I don't really snore, but that I breath heavily. I assume it has something to do with my dreams..hehehe

I do not wear socks to bed, and must have one foot out from under the covers to prevent a "smothering feeling". I don't get it either...but then again...I never claimed to be normal.

I don't usually have water on the table...I usually have a two liter of Tonic!

Time is the best teacher. Unfortunately, it kills all it's pupils...

PepeLePew13 26134 desperate attention whore postings

10-16-01, 12:25 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: What Are You Like In Bed ???"
Well... it seems like that I'm the only regular on these boards whose better half also reads and posts (even if it's infrequently that she posts... she's still reading). So, if you guys don't see me for a while, it might be because she's not happy with something I said on here about our bed habits! (nahh just kidding about that last part)

We have a king size bed... it might as well be a single bed because my wife likes to be real close no matter where we are on the bed -- she's a 'always-cold' person while I'm a 'always-warm' person meaning she'll sometimes feel cold even if she's got a sweatshirt on and two comforters on, while in the dead of the winter I'll be just lying there with the covers off.

My "pajamas" is an old T-shirt and boxers while hers is usually a pajama set from some place like La Senza (comfy and sensible sort of stuff). Typically we'll watch TV up in the bedroom (since the kids take over the TV in living room with their cartoons) and the bed with three pillows for each of us (two king-sized and one sofa-type) is much more comfortable than the sofa downstairs. We each have our own remote controls, our own coasters for drink glasses, our own night tables and lamps, and our own alarm clocks! The cat will usually come up to sit on the bed with us while we watch TV or a movie (and eat our popcorn) then we throw her out when it's time to sleep because she'll sometimes climb up to the bedroom window then use my stomach as a trampoline in the middle of the night or decide that the warm breath from Babs' face is a good place to roost her stomach on.

"What's wrong with her?"
"Oh, it's gonna blow up, dude... in 5 minutes, dude. It's gonna hit the (bleep) ceiling."
"It is?"
"Oh yeah." (maniacal laughter)
Anthony (talking to Adrian) on LC, Oct. 9/01

SherpaDave 8326 desperate attention whore postings

10-16-01, 12:33 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SherpaDave Click to send private message to SherpaDave Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: What Are You Like In Bed ???"
Jeez. Am I the only one who sleep starkers? And is anyone surprised? Summer or winter, doesn't matter. I don't like having clothes on in bed.

Right now, I sleep in a queen-sized bed in our guest bedroom until our youngest is out of the master bedroom. Between him waking up every few hours, my snoring, and Mrs. Sherpa's seriously light sleep habits, she'd never get to sleep at all if I was up in the master bedroom. See? I'm the first admitted snorer, too.

There are five, count 'em, five pillows on my bed. I use two for my head, although I often toss one aside. Two are for baby when he sleeps with Daddy, mostly as bumpers to keep him from rolling off the bed. The fifth is a full-length body pillow. Discovered body pillows when Mrs. Sherpa was pregnant the first time. I highly recommend them, especially if you're a fetal sleeper (as I am). You can hug it to your chest and have it between your knees. (I hate having my knees against each other, a remnant from my seriously skinny, bone-jarring days.)

It doesn't matter which side of the bed I sleep on. My dog tends to crash before I do, so I just grab whichever side of the bed he hasn't already taken (unless he grabs the middle, and then I have to shove him as he loudly complains to one side or the other).

For bedding, I typically prefer just sheets in the summer, add a blanket and a comforter to that in the winter.

Alarm clock is on a small end table on the left side of the bed.

When I'm upstairs in the master bedroom, that's a king and I sleep on the right side of the bed, and the dog goes to the middle.

Oh, and except on the coldest nights, my feet have to be sticking out from under the covers, too.

Why does this whole thresd strike me as being just a little TMI?

Didi? Gogo? Where are you? It's me. I'm here. No more waiting. Didi? Gogo? Where are you? I told you I'd come, didn't I? Hello? I could have sworn it was this bench. Where are they? Didi? Gogo?

Tinkerbell 1587 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

10-16-01, 01:24 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Tinkerbell Click to send private message to Tinkerbell Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: What Are You Like In Bed ???"
Here is how this little pixie sleeps…

I have a new pillow top (really smooshy!) queen mattress that I absolutely love. It’s like sleeping on a cloud, and it makes it REALLY hard to get up in the morning (I just don’t want to leave it!). No headboard or footboard yet…I’m looking for a four poster that I like and can convince my parents to buy for me (my mattress and bed were a college graduation gift from them).
I sleep on the left side of the bed, even though I am usually alone. On the right side of my bed are the two nice pillows (the one’s I put on top of my other ones when my bed is actually made) that are really huge and fluffy. One is the normal pillow position and the other is laid the opposite way so they kind of form a “T.” This prevents me from pulling the covers all the way over to my side each night so its easy to make my bed. I also have on top of the lower extra pillow a large (probably 2.5 ft in length) stuffed duck that I got from my boyfriend for my birthday two years ago (he gives much better gifts now--like jewelry )
I have two pillows that I sleep on but the bottom one usually ends up shoved up next to the wall and I sleep on the top one. I fall alseep on my tummy with my head looking left to face the fan that I must have blowing on me. I cannot sleep without air blowing on me! I even bought a little fan to take with me on trips. After I fall asleep I usually curl up on one side in the fetal position.
I love sleeping in a pitch black room. Ever since I moved into the new apartment this has been difficult due to the security lights on the building and in the parking lot. So since it looks like morning has just broken at all times of the night in my room…I bought one of those sleep mask thingys. I look like a freak when I’m wearing it, but it blocks the light out!
I sleep with a down comforter all year round. I am always cold so I love snuggling under my comforter. My comforter is covered with a cover that my mom made from two sheets that feature pink, pale yellow, pale blue and lilac in them. Growing up I had a Mickey Mouse room, so now my room and my bed are totally girly. My boyfriend hates sleeping in my bed because he feels like he is losing his manliness when he does, so when we have sleepovers its usually in his bed with his icky scratchy wolf comforter and black or dark green sheets (why do guys like these?).
I sleep in a tank top and boxer shorts, year round so that I can still snuggle under my comforter whether the air conditioning or heat is on. I also MUST be wearing socks. I cannot sleep when I don’t have socks on.

That is probably too much information about Tink…but this is one of my favorite topics…SLEEP!

Tinkerbell--who is a little sleepy and would love to drag her bed to work with her.

NightScribe 761 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

10-16-01, 03:17 PM (EST)
Click to EMail NightScribe Click to send private message to NightScribe Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: What Are You Like In Bed ???"
Alright, I'll bite this one, since the "sleeping arrangement" has been a bone of contention around here for at least six months.
I have a queen size bed, which I share with my partner and three cats. This leaves me absolutely no room -- with a cat at the end of the bed taking up my leg space, another on my side taking up my "roll" space, and another wedged between my partner and I taking up my snuggling space, I always wake up with a sore back and a bad attitude. Pepe knows how evil cats can be in the middle of the night......
she'll sometimes climb up to the bedroom window then use my stomach as a trampoline
Yes, there's nothing quite like being jolted out of sleep by a 12 pound cat using my chest as a launching pad.

NightScribe's bed clothes vary, but you won't ever catch me in anything calling itself a "nighty". boxers, tanktops, and sweat pants usually do it for me, but the bottoms almost always come off in the night. I can't stand pajama bottoms that twist or ride up on me in the night.

I sleep on my stomach with my head facing the cat, I mean, the left. Two pillows -- one for my head and the other sometimes gets used between my knees (a very comforting feeling somehow).

Cool sheets in the summer with one light comforter, and flannel sheets and extra blankets for winter.

I don't snore, but my partner does. I've mastered ways to get her to stop without waking her up. It involves a "sudden" jolt or movement in the bed which wakes her up momentarily. While she repositions herself and goes back to sleep, I have about a 2-3 minute window of silence. It works pretty well.

I am a self-admitted cover stealer, although, I never remember doing it.

So, between the cats, the snoring, and the bad back, I am constantly saying to myself "I need my own room".

10-16-01, 04:11 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ItzLisa Click to send private message to ItzLisa Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: What Are You Like In Bed ???"
>I don't snore, but my partner does. I've mastered ways to get her to stop without waking her up. It involves a "sudden" jolt or movement in the bed which wakes her up momentarily. While she repositions herself and goes back to sleep, I have about a 2-3 minute window of silence. It works pretty well.

*** ROFLMAO!!!! I do the exact same thing to John!!! "Ooops, sorry baby, didn't mean to disturb you!" It's nothing as blatant as a poke in the ribs or a "Honey.... HONEY...you're snoring..." Nope, nope, I'm with you - I totally take the "Totally Shitty Sneak" approach!!! LOL!!!

10-16-01, 06:19 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: What Are You Like In Bed ???"
Lucky for us, we don't have that kind of problem with snoring... either of us could snore loud enough to peel paint off the walls or a train could toot their horn all they want... we sleep like a rock (Pepe) and a baby (Babs) all night.

"What's wrong with her?"
"Oh, it's gonna blow up, dude... in 5 minutes, dude. It's gonna hit the (bleep) ceiling."
"It is?"

northernlights 5058 desperate attention whore postings

10-16-01, 03:02 PM (EST)
Click to EMail northernlights Click to send private message to northernlights Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: What Are You Like In Bed ???"
Excellent topic! It got my attention - and seeing as crawling into bed is one of my favorite things, I just had to reply.

Kingsize Waterbed - I've had this bed for almost twenty years (changed from a free-flow to semi-motionless mattress when the free-flow started free-flowing all over the bedroom). I can't bring myself to give it up and I don't sleep well in any other kind of bed. I just love how warm it is on really cold nights.

Pillows - special pillow due to neck problems (that I never go anywhere without) to sleep on and 3 others for looks (balance) and sometimes for between my knees when my back gets sore. Have been thinking of trying a body pillow. I normally sleep curled up on my right side (facing middle of bed).

I sleep on the left-hand side (or the centre when sleeping alone), have the alarm clock and the remote control on my night table beside the bed and a small reading light that clamps onto the headboard. The left side because it is closer to the ensuite bathroom (not as far to stumble in the dark for those middle of the night trips - no pun intended ) I usually fall asleep with the tv and the sleep timer on. The room should be dark after the tv shuts off and I normally have a glass of water by the bed as well. I don't always drink the water but because I like to be prepared, its there.

Sleepwear - nightie only - light weight material, no flannel - long sleeve in the winter and no sleeve in the summer. No undies - my friend's 8 yr old daughter says you have to let it breathe at night! LOL Sorry guys - that was probably TMI. Definately nothing on my feet. My foot or feet are normally sticking out of the side of the blankets because I can't stand my feet being too hot.

Bedding - sheet and comforter in summer - add a throw blanket in the winter for the really cold nights.

To snore or not to snore - not me, no way, no how that's my story and I'm stickin to it!

Now you likely know more about me than you really needed or wanted to know...

lt

Goldielocks 51 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

10-16-01, 03:47 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Goldielocks Click to send private message to Goldielocks Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: What Are You Like In Bed ???"
Okay, I sleep in a queen size bed with my mate. I sleep with two pillows, one for my head and one to hug. Now, these are not just ordinary pillows-they are big and soft-I hate firm pillows! I usually sleep on my side, but sometimes on my stomach. I love a fluffy comforter all year round. I sleep right next to my husband, who hates it (he gets too hot). I do not snore, but my husband does (and I chunk him in the ribs to make him stop). I usually sleep in boxers and a t-shirt or a short cotton night shirt. The room must be dark and there must be a glass of water on the nightstand. I also have to have a clock that glows in the dark so I can see what time it is. This is really weird-I can't go to sleep if I can hear noise (like a television or a radio).

Today is our 8th anniversary!(I know-off the subject, but I couldn't resist!)

10-16-01, 04:08 PM (EST)
9. "RE: What Are You Like In Bed ???"
Happy Anniversary to Goldie and hubby!

Survivorchick 1161 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

10-16-01, 04:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Survivorchick Click to send private message to Survivorchick Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: What Are You Like In Bed ???"
Hee hee! What a great thread Buggy!

Ok, Queen size waterbed. One pillow for me, one for the hubby. Black sheets on the bottom (his contribution), Girly comforter on top (my contribution). I usually sleep on my side, or half on stomach and he spoons me. PJs? It varies. I have lots - ranging from La Senza type practical long bottoms and long-sleeved tops (left over from my University dorm days) to T-shirts, to nothing. It depends on my mood *wink wink* Hubby ofcourse prefers when I sleep naked - but my shoulders tend to get cold at night. What I need is some type of sleep-shrug for my shoulders.

Survivorchick

MakeItStop 1098 desperate attention whore postings

10-16-01, 04:50 PM (EST)
Click to EMail MakeItStop Click to send private message to MakeItStop Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: What Are You Like In Bed ???"
OK, I can't believe I'm doing this...

We (MIS and Mr. MIS) sleep in a queen size bed, but we plan on getting a king size 4 poster bed -- mainly because I like to sleep in the middle of the bed and my husband needs more room! LOL I sleep on the right. I use one pillow -- it's one of those ergonomic pillows. I sleep on either side or my back, but NEVER the tummy -- you could smother sleeping like that! In the summer I sleep in a T-shirt and nothing else. I never sleep with socks. We use a sheet in the summer. In the winter, we use flannel sheets and an electric blanket and a comforter. In winter, I'll wear a nightgown or pajamas -- depending on how cold it is. If it's really cold, I'll wear a sweatshirt over my pjs. Ebug, I also have nighties but don't sleep in them either. I also like to have a glass of water on the nightstand.

I also like a dark room, but ours is not. So if it gets too bright and I don't want to get up, I drape my arm over my eyes and go back to sleep.

Mr. MIS snores. I used to be able to make him stop my placing my hand on his back, but that doesn't seem to work anymore. So I use Nightscribe's method of giving the bed a little jolt -- this methods is also about as effect as she mentioned. I hate to admit it, but on occasion I also snore. Usually when I am extremely tired or have a cold. If I snore, I wake myself up. I also wake myself up sometimes when I laugh in my sleep -- no kidding.

The alarm clock is on my side of the bed -- only because I wouldn't be able to read it if it was on my husband's side -- I wear contacts. We do NOT use the alarm clock except for the rare occasion when we have to get up REALLY early.

aymelek 1220 desperate attention whore postings

10-16-01, 05:32 PM (EST)
Click to EMail aymelek Click to send private message to aymelek Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: What Are You Like In Bed ???"
HeeHee Bug! What a fun thresd!

I have a queen size canopy bed, way up high off the floor, so I have to hop up into it or take a running dive into it. I have a faux fur covered step stool at the bedside to make my entry a little easier. . My sister refers to my bed as the Barbie Dream Bed because it has whispy material draped all over it.

I sleep totally naked...I don't sleep well when I have clothes on, which is why I don't usually sleep well while in hotels or as a guest in someone's house (unless I secretly strip down! Shhhh!). I love my flannel sheets in the fall & winter, snuggled up in a blanket & comforter in the really cold weather. In summer, I have crisp cotton sheets & my comforter.

I use 2-3 pillows normally...my cat Malika being one of them. Most of the weight of my head is on my pillow, but my face & chin rest on Malika's soft & warm little belly. I'm a side sleeper and a stomach sleeper, depending on where Malika is (sometimes she sleeps between my legs & I'm stuck on my belly). Like Buggy, I cannot have anything on my feet and, like Dave, one or both of them stick out of the covers & off of the bed no matter how cold it is! I'm just glad nothing is under my bed to try to chew off my foot.

I'm a light sleeper, so I wear foam earplugs in the summer when the windows are open, because the hundreds & hundreds of crickets in the woods where I live will keep me awake at night (seriously) and the birds chirping at 5 am every morning will wake me up! Grrrr!!! I like it dark & quiet.

It doesn't matter what side I sleep on, as long as the alarm clock is on that side...usually it depends on where the door is in relation to the bed. I absolutely cannot sleep on the side of the bed if that side is against a wall. And I have to set my alarm to the radio & not the loud, obnoxious BEEP! BEEP! BEEP! of the alarm, which would give me a heart attack.

I don't THINK I snore, but am presently taking applications for someone to share my bed if they want to find out.

10-16-01, 06:04 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SherpaDave Click to send private message to SherpaDave Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: What Are You Like In Bed ???"
I don't THINK I snore, but am presently taking applications for someone to share my bed if they want to find out.

Well, some of my resumes went out to companies in Atlanta. Consider this my application.

Didi? Gogo? Where are you? It's me. I'm here. No more waiting. Didi? Gogo? Where are you? I told you I'd come, didn't I? Hello? I could have sworn it was this bench. Where are they? Didi? Gogo?

aymelek 1220 desperate attention whore postings

10-16-01, 10:09 PM (EST)
Click to EMail aymelek Click to send private message to aymelek Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "RE: What Are You Like In Bed ???"
well, you know I DO conduct personal interviews, Dave, not silly phone ones. Lemme look in my little book...
Do you have anything open for an interview...um...for let's say....forever?

Sheila 2069 desperate attention whore postings

10-16-01, 05:52 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Sheila Click to send private message to Sheila Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: What Are You Like In Bed ???"
Okay --- I be hypnotized by that Jizzy pic!

This is a very interesting thread for us newbies. Maybe someone's Cornertime can be while they have been "sent to bed".
I know it is one of my favorite places to be. Unfortunately, as the mother of two children, I don't have the opportunity to sleep too much.

That being said, I sleep in a t-shirt and a pair of my husbands boxers because I have a fear of the house catching fire "and me without my clothes".

I have two pillows and am a side-sleeper.

I sleep on the right side of our queensize bed unless the hubby is out of town and then I hog the whole thing and sleep corner to corner.

I cannot and will not sleep in socks. One foot must be outside the blankets at all times for air (sounds like I am not the only one).

The alarm clock and telephone are on my side of the bed but I don't keep any liquids next to the bed because I have been known to do "things" in my sleep and I'm afraid to think what would be soaked by morning if water was within my reach.

I don't snore but I have been told that I "talk" in my sleep. Apparently, "talking" is worse than snoring because it startles your spouse and makes their heart rate skyrocket.

Analyze Away!

Frau Hexe 716 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

10-16-01, 06:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Frau%20Hexe Click to send private message to Frau%20Hexe Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: What Are You Like In Bed ???"
I never thought I would be so fascinated by how you all sleep, but this is fabulous.

As for me, I sleep in a queen-sized rought-iron canopy bed with lots of drapey gauze over the top. There's nothing like staring at that while trying to fall asleep. I like light-colored, cool, very soft cotton sheets in the summer with a soft cotton comforter, and t-shirt sheets with cotton comforter in the winter. My pillow has to be big and ultra-squishy, but I can't have anything down because I'm mildly allergic and it makes me stuffy. Speaking of which, I always have to have air flow in the room, so the window is always slightly cracked, even in the freezing cold of winter. I have the hardest time sleeping in hotels because of this.

I've always been a cover-kicker--I guess I get annoyed with blankets in the night, so I kick them off. I've done this since I was a child, but since I've been partnered, I seem to kick them on to my partner, giving her double layers of blankets. I also talk in my sleep, and have even been known to give lectures on things like nuclear physics and other topics about which my conscious mind knows nothing. I've also been known to hold conversations in my sleep.

I share my bed with my partner, and at least one cat--my fat cat Cleo--because she lets me use her belly as an extra pillow. I always always always sleep on the left-hand side of the bed and on one side or another. I have to start to go to sleep on my left side, then MUST switch to my right side before completely drifting off. My partner likes to sleep from right-to-middle and often wakes me up from her middle position to say, "Honey, could you scoot over?" She's oblivious to the amount of space she takes up in her sleep, so I often end up dangling off my side of the bed. I'm a pretty accomodating sleeper though.

I HAVE to have a glass of water next to me at night, along with lip balm, a light, and my alarm clock. I absolutely cannot sleep without these things. Even if I wasn't initially thirsty, or my lips didn't feel chapped, I'll inevitably be parched and horribly panicked without these things. I'm a little weird that way.

I sleep in so many different things. I like tank tops and boxers, but also cotton pajama bottoms with a t-shirt, just a t-shirt, or sometimes satin pjs. If it's really cold out, I'll sleep in sweats, and once in awhile, I don't wear anything. I have always hated nightgowns--I can't count how many nights I woke up as a child being strangled by these flannel night gowns my mom made me wear. I can't wear anything I get tangled in--it either stays in place, or it comes off. Oh, that's another thing: I'm a night-stripper. I don't usually wear socks to bed, but do like a tight-fitting pair of socks when it's cold out. If they sag or come half-way off in the night though, they're likely to be flung across the room.

Finally, it has to be dark, but I also have to have a little bit of noise. I can't sleep if it's too quiet. Usually I listen to our little fake sound machine that simulates waterfalls and the like. Occasionally when the ocean is particularly loud, I can fall asleep to that, and sometimes I like soothing music. Before I was partnered, I always listened to talk radio as I fell asleep.

God, I never realized quite how neurotic I am about sleeping until now--anybody else feel like they need therapy after this?

Frau Hexe

10-16-01, 07:21 PM (EST)
19. "RE: What Are You Like In Bed ???"

>Finally, it has to be dark, but I also have to
>have a little bit of noise. I can't sleep if
>it's too quiet. Usually I listen to our little fake
>sound machine that simulates waterfalls
>and the like. Occasionally when the ocean is particularly loud,
>I can fall asleep to that, and sometimes I like
>soothing music. Before I was partnered, I always listened to
>talk radio as I fell asleep.
>
>God, I never realized quite how neurotic I am about sleeping
>until now--anybody else feel like they need therapy after this?
>

Niles? Is that you, Niles?

"What's wrong with her?"
"It is?"

10-16-01, 10:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Frau%20Hexe Click to send private message to Frau%20Hexe Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: What Are You Like In Bed ???"
LAST EDITED ON 10-16-01 AT 10:01 PM (EST)

Oh Pepe, You make me laugh so hard!!! Who needs therapy when you can just laugh, laugh, laugh.

Oh and look at that- -for making me laugh, you get my 100th post!

Frau Hexe

10-16-01, 10:46 PM (EST)
24. "RE: What Are You Like In Bed ???"
>>Usually I listen to our little fake sound machine that simulates waterfalls and the like.
*** OMG!!! That would REALLY make me have to pee before I went to bed, LOL!!!

>sometimes I like soothing music.
*** My favorite music to fall asleep to - Ray Charles Greatest Hits, and two tapes I have that were sold as a set - one is classic Italian songs ("Canto D'Amore", "Non DiMenticar"), the other is romantic French classics ("La Vie En Rose", C'Est Si Bon")! All three are great at a nice low volume, just so they're kind of this nice subliminal lull!

10-17-01, 00:47 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Jizzy Click to send private message to Jizzy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
30. "Mmmmmm...Music"
Sometimes I listen to music to fall asleep, as well. My personal choices are soft piano pieces:

*Anything by Jim Brickman

*Anything by George Winston

*A CD named Glacier Bay (I bought it at the Nature Store) which consists of piano solos mixed with wildlife of Alaska. It's mixed with birds, wolves, and Killer Whales, to name a few. Yeah, I know what you are thinking...but the Killer Whale portions of the CD are some of my favorites...they sound so peaceful, yet sad at the same time. Anyway, if you ever get the chance, you should check it out..it's quite relaxing.

I now return you to your regularly scheduled R.E.M.

10-17-01, 01:31 AM (EST)
31. "RE: Mmmmmm...Music"
I like the soft piano pieces to sleep to as well. Although anything soothing will usually do. My favorites to sleep to, though, are Enya--either Memory of Trees or Sheppard Moons, Sarah McLaughlin, and Loreena McKennitt.

The sound machine is my favorite though. It's on my partner's alarm clock, and we have all these options like babbling brook, waterfall, rain, ocean, loud squawking birds in the jungle, obnoxious tree frog/cricket creatures amidst other night noises in the forest, etc. Needless to say, I'm not too fond of the last two, and my girl likes the waterfall one quite a bit, but to me it sounds just like radio static--ah, that's right, it's called white noise (no wonder). I like the babbling brook the best, even though it took awhile to train my bladder to ignore it. Ours doesn't have this sound, but I've seen them with a heartbeat, which to me would freak me out. I'd feel like I was sleeping with Edgar Allen Poe.

Frau Hexe

IceCat 17415 desperate attention whore postings

10-16-01, 06:25 PM (EST)
Click to EMail IceCat Click to send private message to IceCat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "In a Basket..."
Under the basement stairs...

Next to the dryer...

With my grey furry catnip-stuffed mouse...

... and my blue flannel blankie...

September 11, 2001

MandyM 2112 desperate attention whore postings

10-16-01, 08:33 PM (EST)
Click to EMail MandyM Click to send private message to MandyM Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "Great Topic Bug! :)"
This is so interesting learning everyone's sleeping quirks!

I sleep in a queen size bed, by myself 5 out of 7 nights (hub works nights)...I sleep on the right side and wear a tee and boxers and MUST wear socks. I cannot fall asleep without the tv on and I have to be on my tummy using one pillow for my head and the other pillow to throw my arm around.

I don't snore but I do something worse.....I DROOL! It is so gross! I have woken myself up at 2am in a cold wet puddle more times than I care to remember. Ick! Poor hub...on the nights he is home, his chest is my pillow so he gets a saliva bath every weekend.

And that is way more than any of you wanted to know! LOL!

MM "The thing women have yet to learn is that nobody gives you power. You just take it." --Rosanne

LadyT 5567 desperate attention whore postings

10-16-01, 08:19 PM (EST)
Click to EMail LadyT Click to send private message to LadyT Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: What Are You Like In Bed ???"

LMAO out you Big Sis This is the kind of thresd I would think of, not you. But oh so interesting. You can read a lot aboout people with this kind of info.

When I am done of the day, am not going anywhere else for the rest of the day, I put on a pair of pjs. In the summer its little shorties and a tank top. In the fall, winter and spring, its pajamas. I have satin ones for when I am feeling especially decadent, cotten ones and flannel ones for really cold days. Of course, commando underneath. Never socks either.

I have a double bed, only two pillows. I sleep in the middle, on my stomach, my head between the two pillows. Sounds strange I know. If I am having trouble sleeping, I will move to the fetal position as a last resort.

I never snore. Of course, I have no one around right now to tell me differently, but in the past I have no no complaints

My cat sleeps on the bottom of my bed. I sleep with my feet hanging over the bed and my hands under the pillows over the top of the bed. Sometimes Cleo gets a little hyper at night and attacks my feet and hands. Bugs the hell out of me, but oh well, I love her anyways.

I have to have a window open, regardless if it is snowing or freezing cold. My bed is near the windows, I love having the feeling of cool air on my skin. My room has to be cool and dark also, but I can sleep anywhere. I have been known to sleep at rest stops in the New England area, only in daylight.

My bedroom is very feminine. I have to have the feeling of luxury in my bedroom, and I do it on a very small budget. Decadence in the bedroom is very important. I hope this post doesn't qualify as TMI
GOD BLESS AMERICA

samiam 5976 desperate attention whore postings

10-16-01, 10:59 PM (EST)
Click to EMail samiam Click to send private message to samiam Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
25. "RE: What Are You Like In Bed ???"
Okay, I'll bite.

Bed: King size pillow-top. Bookcase headboard overflowing with books. Had a king-size waterbed for years, though, and loved it.

Bed Coverings: I don't like top sheets, so there's just a bottom sheet and a top cover, which varies with the season. Summer, a light quilt; spring/fall, a heavier quilt; winter, thick comforter, and sometimes a blanket on top of that (fleece, of course). For sheets, soft is the name of the game. I prefer jersey knit and flannel; I find satin a bit TOO delightful *grin*. If it's any other material, it has to be at LEAST 200 percale. I don't make beds, either. The most I'll do is pull the covers up a little so the cats can't sleep on the sheet.

Pillows: One, sometimes two (one thin one between knees if sleeping on side).

Position: Tummy is favorite, with head turned left; on left side is close second. The most important thing here is that I must not be touched. I am vehemently NOT a cuddly sleeper. I'll cuddle for a few minutes *before* going to sleep, but 99% of the time, I'll move over onto my own side (the right side, if you're standing at the end of the bed). Only one of the cats sleeps on the bed, and he sleeps at the foot on the left side.

Garments: Depends on season and circumstances *grin*. Naked. T-shirt and boxers. Tank top and short sets. T-shirt and leggings. I cannot abide long sleeves, long sleep shirts, or nightgowns (dear God, no), as they tend to tangle up. I will wear socks to bed (as a matter of fact, I've been known to wear ONLY socks to bed), even in summer, as my toes get chilly easily.

I don't snore unless I have a cold. I'm a fairly heavy sleeper (years of being married to a heavy snorer will train you that way). I like to have a *little* bit of light in the room, and I like to have a little white noise (usually a fan in summer or a white noise machine in winter -- my favorite, though, is crickets/frogs chirping). I don't get thirsty, but I DO have a container of Carmex next to the bed. Alarm clock is usually covered with a pillow because I hate to wake up in the middle of the night and see what time it is (those others of you out there who also tend to insomnia know what I mean). I also like to do a last check on the kids right before bed. Nothing like seeing their angelic sleeping faces, without a care in the world, to send me off to sleep happy

"If you don't stand for something, you'll fall for anything."

10-16-01, 11:44 PM (EST)
Click to EMail LadyT Click to send private message to LadyT Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
28. "RE: What Are You Like In Bed ???"

I forgot about the sheets, thanks for bringing it up Sami. I hate top sheets. I have at least 200 thread cont bottom sheets and i wash my down comforter as often as I wash my bottom sheets, usually once a week, maybe two depending. Or my quilt, depending on how hot it is. I usually end up half in and out of them anyway.

I also love rainy lazy days where I can spend time reading a good book in bed. Hearing the pitter patter of the rain is like music to my ears. I adore my bed.

I used to sleep nekkid, but I have scary neighbors now, so I am a pj queen now. I also have nightmares that my house will catch fire and I will have to escape so i make sure I am properly dressed. That is one of my recurring nightmares, my house on fire and me running out nekkid.

GOD BLESS AMERICA

dangerkitty 1913 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

10-16-01, 11:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dangerkitty Click to send private message to dangerkitty Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
26. "RE: What Are You Like In Bed ???"
What a fun thread! Thanks for sharing, isn't it funny how personal it feels to talk about this? A lot of people are saying that they feel like they are "neurotic" when they realize all their "quirks", yet so many of us have the very same habits. Very cool.

The biggest surprise to me: only Sherpa and Ayms, so far, sleep naked all the time. I, too, sleep naked all the time. I really thought that would be more typical. Hmm. I agree with Survivorchick, the cold shoulder exposure is a problem at times, less so here in warm Southern California, but still...I do have to pull the covers up higher because of that.

In spite of the naked sleeping, I have fairly recently discovered the joys of cotton (summer) or flannel (winter) pajama bottoms. I wear them before bed and when I get up in the morning and I just love them! On weekend mornings I leave them on for about forever. But I only sleep in them if I am in a situation where someone besides my husband would see in bed and I would have to get out of bed in view of anyone else, ie sleeping on top of the houseboat with several other couples. I also have a pair of flannel boxer style pj bottoms for this same purpose. As for nighties or nightgowns, forget it. The tangle factor mainly, and because comfort is paramount.

Back or side sleeper. Cat (Squeak) sleeps either on my pillow (which often means partly on my head) or by my side. There can be problems when she is on the pillow, if she completely takes it over (neck ouchie) and by my side if I need a temperature change. Again, like many others, I have particular needs in this regard. Sheet, light blanket, comforter. This gives me all the options. Plus the options of having one leg out (important) and even completely uncovered if it is very warm - although mainly I like to have something over me for coziness, and especially in cold weather I like to feel the heaviness of the comforter. Back to Squeak - this just happened the other night, in fact - if she is by my side when I need a cover change, then she has to be moved off of the heavier cover, or moved on top of it (covering her up is dicey). Either way, she complains loudly and this awakens my husband, plus I want her to stay so I don't want to really piss her off. But if I try to tolerate being too hot or too cold, I just cannot stand that, so I do my best to placate her while I move her. There is much more I could say about Squeak and the sleeping arrangements, but I'll leave it at that.

Like others, I must have a full glass of water and lip balm by the bed, also lotion. And books. I don't have a clock on my side, by choice. Oh, must mention this, Squeak also has a glass of water by the bed, she is borderline kidney problems so she gets real thirsty and that's where she drinks her water all the time now. She always has a drink right when we get into bed, and I refill her glass from mine, and if she wakes in the night to drink more, I usually add some more again (I know, I said no more about the cat - I lied )

I keep a pillow under my knees. I don't snore, neither does hubby, unless we are sick or really drunk. And even then, it's not too much. That my hubby doesn't snore is one of my blessings that I count. He sleeps naked too, of course. I have to pee last thing before bed, lately I have not had to get up in the night to pee but I've gone through spells where I do. Blackout blind because I need it dark, and noise machine to mask any outside sounds. Those two things, plus no clock by the bed, have really seemed to improve my sleeping through the night.

Man, the more I type the more stuff I think of. But I'll stop here. Just one more thing: Lady T, yes this is definitely a thread you would have thought of, but it is certainly a Buggy thread too! She has come up with lots of these ilk! Keep 'em coming, girls!

dangerkitty
Goddess of Words

moonbaby 17120 desperate attention whore postings

10-16-01, 11:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail moonbaby Click to send private message to moonbaby Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
27. "Ah, sleep!"
KEWL thresd, Buggy! Speaking of thresd, I am a high thread count all cotton kinda snob. I have a thing about sheets! Also, all 4 pillows must be booofie 100% down and all fluffed up so they just go "whoosh" when you flop down. I'm a sleeper on the move, if I had a bed bigger than a full size I'd wake up sideways! I can't stand to have my legs or feet covered (pajamas, socks, ICK!) or being tucked in, it's like sleeping in an envelope! Must have a window open, nothing like being all warm and snug in bed with the room temperature a little cool. Ideally the room has to be dark and it must be vewwwwwy quiet-I found that the air purifier makes a low level white noise that blocks out alot of stuff, including that train horn some of you may have heard when we spoke last night. Big down comforter, old fashioned quilt, brass headboard...AH, it calls to me now...Oh, and if I'm asleep and someone wakes me up? I pity the fool!

Mon Cherie 1813 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

10-17-01, 00:21 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Mon%20Cherie Click to send private message to Mon%20Cherie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
29. "RE: What Are You Like In Bed ???"
Bed: Queen-sized with those jersey sheets. I spray my pillowcases with an "anti-stress" spray. Four pillows, although 3 usually get tossed of the bed during the night. I sleep on the left side, facing the door. I start out on my stomach, usually end up on my side. I'm a crazy sleeper- sometimes I wake up with the covers all twisted.
Attire: If I'm feeling "girly", I'll put on one of my nighties. My favorite one is an ivory cotton baby-doll type nightie from VS. Otherwise, a tshirt and panties, or a camisole and panties. Sometimes nekkid.
I don't like to have anything on my feet. Sometimes I will dangle a leg off the side of the bed.
I usually fall asleep watching tv, or reading. I have velvet curtains in my bedroom, so it is absolutely dark (if I turn off the tv). I've been known to take naps in the afternoon and wake up and not know what the hell time it is because my room is so dark.

Mon Cherie

Before you give someone a piece of your mind, consider carefully how much you can spare.
-Anonymous

Outfrontgirl 6830 desperate attention whore postings

10-17-01, 05:11 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Outfrontgirl Click to send private message to Outfrontgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
32. "RE: What Are You Like In Bed ???"
LAST EDITED ON 10-17-01 AT 05:29 AM (EST)

Well, this has been a fun read...
As for TMI, IceCat, you are the only one who went overboard...

I am comforted to find at least one or two people who do the things I do I think are strange... especially sticking one foot out from under the covers from time to time.

I'm interested to read at least two of you fear the house will burn down and are afraid to be naked.

This probably won't help reassure you about the big fear, but the naked part can be avoided. I have experience in this area, so I'll share.

About 20 years ago, I woke up at 1 am and our house WAS indeed burning down. It's a long story, but I wasn't wearing anything, however, I grabbed my bathrobe which I always keep by the side of the bed. And put on boots that were laying there--couldn't find socks. The important thing--if you are near-sighted, know where your glasses are! You want to be able to see in this kind of emergency.

I have two sons who were 9 and 11; the oldest one was up and alerted so I told him to get out while I got his brother, who was still asleep and yes, naked, and his lamp wasn't plugged in. So I woke him up and grabbed the only clothing I could find in the dark, his down vest, and put him in the car naked with this vest. He was really embarassed, well bare-assed. Someone got him a blanket when we were all collected.

The whole house burned down (next door to the Volunteer Fire Dept too). I had grabbed my purse, my keys, my contact lenses and my glasses, and my crochet project I was working on (I don't know why, I was a little obsessed with it). I didn't have a computer then. The next morning I had to go to the site in a robe and wet boots (it was raining) with no socks. So I advise having socks near the bed, and a robe. LOL

We found out afterwards that our cat had saved my son's life by sleeping on him--probably all our lives. The fire got to his room first and he is a heavy sleeper. The cat jumped off him and as you have testified, that can be a real wakerupper. He woke up, found his bed starting to catch and got the hell out of his room and woke the rest of us.

So you see, cats have their uses as bed-partners, although I am allergic to them, much as I love them. *Sigh of regret*

Part Two
Five years ago, my neighbors' house had a partial fire in the evening that was put out. They left. I kept watching the thing and it seemed OK so I finally went to bed. I put my robe on the chair and my glasses just in case... At 1 am I woke up and someone was banging on the door. My husband was in Singapore on a job, so I was alone. The house next door was engulfed and the flames were five feet from our windows.

This time I threw on a jacket over my robe and something on my feet and I grabbed a few more things than last time because the flames weren't IN the house... I had to interact with everyone out in the street in this bizarre outfit but of course who cared... Our house didn't burn down that time but I sure had a hard time going to sleep for awhile after two such awakenings.

Moral: Sleep naked and keep a robe handy as a back-up.

Edited to give credit to the kitty

Sheila 2069 desperate attention whore postings

10-17-01, 11:33 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Sheila Click to send private message to Sheila Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
34. "RE: What Are You Like In Bed ???"
Outfrontgirl,

Thank you so much for sharing those experiences but it just reinforced my fear of sleeping naked! I love the feeling of sleeping naked but I ALWAYS wear something in case of an emergency. Am I neurotic or what? I will possibly attempt sleeping naked one night a week and see if I become less obsessive about it. Of course, I will not sleep at all the first night but maybe the next week I will actually be able to fall asleep and slowly progress until I am not so concerned about a fire in the middle of the night.

As for the glasses, that is so TRUE! Mine are on the nightstand within arm's length. I have also been told to keep your purse near your bed so you can pick it up on your way out of the house too. I don't do it, but I have heard that it is a "wise" idea.

This is a very interesting thread and I see quite a few similarities. Thanks!

10-17-01, 10:35 AM (EST)
33. "a couple other things..."
...that occurred to me while I was going to sleep last night, that I haven't seen anyone else mention yet.

First, I'm an obsessive pillow flipper until I fall asleep. My body has to be warm, but my feet and head have to be cool. If the side of the pillow that is up gets remotely warm, I've gotta flip it. This is the main reason I use two pillows for my head: if the top one gets too warm on both sides, I can pull up the bottom one. By the time I actually fall asleep, I've typically gotten rid of one of 'em altogether.

Another thing about body pillows that parents of babies should know. When my youngest sleeps with me, sometimes I can get him to fall asleep next to me, but usually he has to be across my chest with his head in the crook of my arm. The body pillow is great for this, as I can rest my arm on it and get some elevation. Without it, I don't think I'd be able to walk after napping with him. The weight on my arm and back would completely incapacitate me after a couple of hours.

Finally, I used to live about a half-block from an El stop in Chicago (that's an elevated train). When I first moved in there, I could hardly sleep a wink. After I moved away, though, it took me weeks to get used to falling asleep without the sound of a train rumbling by ever ten minutes. Go figure. Oh, and a total tangent. The name of that stop was Noyes. Looking out my window, the middle line of the window split the sign perfectly, so my day often started looking out at the philosophical choice of No|yes.

Lisapooh 12664 desperate attention whore postings

10-17-01, 11:38 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Lisapooh Click to send private message to Lisapooh Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
35. "RE: a couple other things..."
Buggy - this thread was awesome!

Why do we all feel compelled to write and read these? I found myself nodding and going - "oh yeah - me too" about a dozen times.

So, of course I have to do it now too.

I have a huge pillowtop bed - it's really way too big for just me but it's a holdover from my married days. I sleep in a impenetrable little ball in one corner (on the right side) so it's kind of silly to have a big bed like that but it is THE most comfortable mattress.

I have a very girly opulent room too. I love it. I have to have high-thread count sheets and I'm ashamed to tell anyone how much I paid for my comforter but I always wanted one like that and I never would spend the money so earlier this year I treated myself. My room is really a haven and a refuge now. I love it.

I cannot sleep in panties. It is absolutely impossible. And I can't sleep naked either - I KNOW the apartment will catch on fire. I'm blind as a bat so I would be stumbling around naked trying to find the kid and the cat. So I sleep in boxers and a tank top or sweatshirt depending on the weather or just a tee shirt.

I have to have one foot out of the covers at all times - but that one foot gets a little cold so it has a sock on it. Stuart, my kitten, is a toe biter and pouncer so it helps to have that sock on the foot. He likes to sleep on my foot too - so that keeps it nice and toasty.

I sleep on my side. I have to have two pillows - one is fairly firm and that is under my head - then I have a feather one that I put over my head. It conforms perfectly to my face. I cannot sleep without something over my head. If I'm somewhere else then I have to throw my arm over my head or bend a pillow in half so it is over and under my head.

I do snore on occasion - usually just when I'm stuffy. I have heard recordings of my snores so I have stopped denying it. (Not that loud though) It is better than people who talk in their sleep. I have woken up in the middle of the night to someone screaming "get the f•ck out of my parking space" in his sleep. It is very disconcerting. My daughter has this habit too. Recently, she woke me out of sound sleep chanting "U.S.A. U.S.A." . She apparently is very patriotic.

My alarm clock can't be on my nightstand or I will just turn it off and not get up. It is on my dresser so I have to actually get out of bed to stop it. That way I won't fall victim to the snooze button trap. So my nightstand has a very dainty lamp and a stack of books. Usually I manage to leave my glasses there although sometimes I fall asleep reading with them on.

I used to sleep with a crystal inside my pillowcase because it was supposed to energize my dreams. All I dreamed about was rocks so the crystal is now in the drawer of the nightstand with my Vicks VapoRub and moisturizing lotion.

The only quirk thing I have that I don't remember reading in any of y'alls is that when it is stormy, I have to have everyone sleep with me. Nomatter how big my family is at any one iven time, they all have to be within arm's reach if it is thundering. I can't sleep otherwise. Also I have more than my share of bad dreams and it's nice to wake up and have an animal or person to snuggle against when you're scared.

I can't think of anything else - I loved this thread!

pooh

10-17-01, 12:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Drive%20My%20Car Click to send private message to Drive%20My%20Car Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
37. "RE: a couple other things..."
>> Recently, she woke me out of sound sleep chanting "U.S.A. U.S.A." . She apparently is very patriotic.

OMG!!! Pooh this totally cracked me up!!!!

10-17-01, 11:44 AM (EST)
36. "I am having so much fun with this"
Like Dave, I thought of other things after reading everyone posts.
I too sometimes put a leg out, but only for tempature control.

Hubby would like a fan on, I hate it, so since he doesn't HAVE to have one, he doesn't get one. Lately he has been turning on the ceiling fan after I go to sleep ( sneaky ) and I wake up all congested.

I can sleep with the TV on, but don't have to have it on. I used to always fall asleep with Johnny Carson on ( you young peeps remember him) I loved him, but hardly ever stayed awake til the end of the monalogue. Then Johnny retired and I couldn't sleep for months, loved Leno, but he just couldn't put me to sleep like Johnny. Now I can sleep quite nicely through Jay's show, and usually wake up during Conan to turn off the TV.

I have to have my glasses in the same place everynight, always have had them right next to my water.

I find it interesting that there are people who don't use top sheets. My daughter have never liked a top sheet and will pull it off imediately if someone dares to put one on her bed ( for some reason grandmothers can't stand the no top sheet rule and try to convert her when ever one of them is here)

I want to try those T-shirt sheets, do they really hot? They look soft, but I don't wanna sweat. Advise please.

I am with sami about the cuddle thing. Ok a little snuggle is fine, but I am sleeping over here, would ya mind NOT touching me?
Oh and poking me in the back with that thing while I am sleeping is not a good idea either. hehehehehehehe Actually we used to try to cuddle sleep, he would put his arm around me, he loved to fall asleep with me in his arms, except for once he was asleep his arm would get really really heavy, like til I thought it was gonna break my ribs. No more snuggling for me.

I am not a bed maker either, sometimes I will ( it makes it appear as if I cleaned the house) For like 3 years the beds only got made every other week when I changed the sheets.

Oh and does anyone ever sleep on the couch? I can't stand to fall asleep on the sofa. I never lie down to watch tv unless I am in bed. i hate falling asleep anywhere but the bed. Hubby can lie down on the couch and go right to sleep. After 11 years i don't even bother to wake him up anymore, he'll come to bed eventually.

Oh and Hexe? We don't need therapy, this IS therapy ( hehehehe)

Ebuggy makes a note to buy OFG extra smoke detectors

10-17-01, 12:49 PM (EST)
38. "RE: I am having so much fun with this"
I love this thresd

When I finally got my own apartment with no roommates, one of my first thoughts was I get to fall asleep on my couch. Well, its been a year and the first time I fell asleep on my couch was the first night of bombing Afghanistan.

My nightstand is within arms reach with my alarm clock, a girly lamp and my Bible. I like to read Psalms before I go to bed, but I don't always accomplish this. My alarm clock is twenty minutes ahead and I hit the snooze button at lesat three times.

Anf for the record, I just got out of bed after not sleeping last night and I snuggled in my down comforter for at least an hour after I awoke. I think this thresd did that for me

GOD BLESS AMERICA

MakeItStop 1098 desperate attention whore postings

10-17-01, 05:12 PM (EST)
Click to EMail MakeItStop Click to send private message to MakeItStop Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
42. "RE: I am having so much fun with this"
Ebug, now you are reminding me of stuff. My husband and I used to sleep in a twin bed -- we did this for two years! We always had to spoon. If one turned the other turned. I never had trouble sleeping. Then he went on a business trip and stayed in a king size bed. Soon thereafter, I went on a business trip and stayed in a king size bed. Well, the twin bed was NOT big enough after that. Now, I'm like you. A little snuggling before sleep is OK, but once I'm trying to go to sleep leave me alone.

10-17-01, 06:22 PM (EST)
45. "RE: I am having so much fun with this"
Okay, first, ebuggy, about the T-shirt/jersey-knit sheets: they are so, so, so amazing. Just imagine, if you will, your favorite old t-shirt stretched out so that it's big enough to cover you. That's what these things feel like. Like a t-shirt, they get softer and softer with each use. They aren't as hot as one might think--they're much thinner than flannel sheets, and don't seem to be as much of an insulator. Of course, I live in a pretty mild climate, but I find them to be cool enough when it's warm out and warm enough when it's cold out. Sounds strange, I know--they just seem to stay more neutral. I do tend to like them more in cooler weather because they don't get cold like cotton sheets will. They really are hard to explain though until you get a pair. My guess is you'll love them--I don't think I know anyone I've told about them who hasn't.

Like everyone else, I keep thinking of more neurotic sleep habits I have. I too am fearful of the house burning down in my sleep, so I always have clothes and shoes nearby when I sleep naked. I also have a routine before I can go to sleep. I have to check all locks, all windows, and anything that could potentially burn the house down or leave me feeling vulnerable. So, even if I ironed my clothes at 6am, I have to check the iron to make sure it's unplugged before I can go to sleep--same with the stove, coffeepot, etc. And if I think of these things after I'm in bed, I inevitable have to get up and do the entire house-check. My partner just laughs.

I live in earthquake country too, so I'm even more concerned about that because the majority of earthquakes I feel tend to happen at night here--nothing like being jolted from bed by an earthquake, to have to run somewhere were I can duck and cover. Sometimes when I'm falling asleep I trick myself into *thinking* there's been an earthquake when I do that jolty thing--you know, the falling off a cliff thing people do when they're falling asleep? I can't tell you how many times I've done that, then woken up thinking there had been a six-pointer.

I used to have two alarm clocks because I'm such an avid snooze-presser that I would often press snooze so many times that I might as well not have had an alarm clock, so I always had this extra one set up across the room that was set at the last possible minute I could get out of bed and still get to work or school on time. Now that I have a partner, I try to press snooze, but she can't stand it--she's not a snoozer. Instead, she's one of those sick people who just gets up as soon as the alarm goes off. To top it all off, I recently got a new alarm clock, and the snooze button is not so prominant, so I often accidentally hit the wrong button and turn off the alarm. I've decided to never get a new alarm clock again. It screws with my wake-up time.

Oh, and Sherpie's pillow thing--I do that too! I can't believe anyone else does that, but since I was a little girl, I've always had to sleep on a cool pillow. In the summer, I would always have a hell of a time going to sleep because my pillow wasn't cold enough, and I'd flip it and flip it. I also always have to have one of my hands under the pillow--where it also has to be cool. Now that I live in a cooler climate, though, this is easier to deal with.

Oh, I love this thread--like most of you, I think I could go on for days writing about my sleep habits and reading about all of yours. Thanks Buggy for getting this started! You've created a fabulous monster here--and you're right this IS therapy. God, what great therapists you all are.

Frau Hexe

10-17-01, 07:10 PM (EST)
46. "RE: I am having so much fun with this"
You're welcome Hexe, and thank you, and all of you for sharing.
I'm glad people are having fun with this ( I have a couple more ideas floating around )

Thanks for the tip on the T-shirt sheets. I remember Oprah talking about how great they were when they first came out, but they were so expensive, much more reasonable now. My only concern was that they would get too hot.
I'm getting them !!! After this thresd I have decided I need some luxury on the bed.

10-17-01, 01:44 PM (EST)
39. "somemore observations"
When it comes to the alarm clock, I have mine set 15 minutes ahead and also abuse the snooze function. This used to work pretty well for me, but now I am to the point where I realize it's fast...and take that "extra" sleep time, as well. I realize I should just set it to normal time, but I just can't bring myself to do it. *sigh*

On occasion, I will turn my alarm off instead of hitting the snooze button though! DOH! Thank God I leave my Instant Messenger turned up loud though. There has been more than one occasion where I have received a message in the morning that worked as my alarm clock. Thanks, Babe!

My cat sleeps with me, as well. I have slept many an uncomfortable night with my cat curled between or on my legs (on top of the covers, guys! hehe)though. In order not to disturb her sleep, I will lay in whatever position I may be in at the time, for several hours, if not all night. Damn!! That cat IS spoiled!

10-17-01, 02:07 PM (EST)
40. "RE: somemore observations"

I have a distinct feeling that many woman wish they were Jizzy's cat
GOD BLESS AMERICA

10-17-01, 05:59 PM (EST)
43. "RE: somemore observations"

>my cat curled between or on my legs (on top
>of the covers, guys! hehe) though.

What, you thought you had to give us a disclaimer? Are we depraved or what? Oh wait... don't answer that, we are.

"What's wrong with her?"
"It is?"

Leif Eriksen 1179 desperate attention whore postings

10-17-01, 03:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Leif%20Eriksen Click to send private message to Leif%20Eriksen Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
41. "RE: The Viking does sleep"
I absolutely love this type of thread. It is like we are peering into someone else's life. Somewhat the same idea as Candid Camera I suppose, maybe pictures along with the testimonial would be a good idea.

My wife and I just bought a king size bed a year ago. It is the most comfortable bed I have ever slept in, my wife agrees.

I am a right side sleeper, always have been, always will be. My wife says I am a bed hogger but I say she likes to sleep right on the edge. This mystery will never be solved, unless of course we get separate beds....which won't happen if I have anything to say about it.

I usually wake up before the alarm goes off. Do my thing in the morning, make coffee for my thermos, wake up the wife and go off to work or golf. I very seldom see my wife in her "wake up" face or "morning" mood, which may be a good thing.

We have king size pillows, one each. Mine is a soft one hers is a firm one.

We have a comforter on the bed with top and bottom sheets, year round. I pull out the bottom of the sheet before I go to bed on my side only. I go to bed first almost every night and I just don't like to be woken up with my wife making the bloody bed because I pulled her sheet out from under the mattress, women! I am a "keep my feet out in the open" kind of guy.

Just jockeys for me to bed, the wife likes to keep warm with a fleecy nightgown. I slept naked when I was on my own and did sleep naked for awhile after we were married but somehow it did not seem right with only one of us starkers so I switched. Of course it is way too cold to sleep naked according to my wife. In fact it seems to be too cold at anytime. I have put a small screw into the inside of the thermostat in our room so the heat cannot be turned up past 68. The little lever works but the innards of the thermostat do not. I don't know why she keeps telling me the heater does not work???? Hotel rooms are a chore though, the wife gets up every time and turns the heat up and by morning I am just cooking.

I have never made the bed since I got married. As far as my wife is concerned I do not know how (she remembers my room) and she does not want to teach me. (thank you)

I also have a lazy boy that gets slept in alot. I have just ordered another one, black leather this time instead of cloth. It will be in our living room before Xmas. My son has first dibs on the old one.

"lovable asshole-type"
Leif Eriksen has to sleep at least 7 hours per night except on those special nights of course.

darbygrl 293 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

10-17-01, 06:05 PM (EST)
Click to EMail darbygrl Click to send private message to darbygrl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
44. "what am I like..... Just ask Jeff Probst....."
Oh, wait. Then I woke up.

Great little thread.
Well I sure as hell don't sleep in my bathing suit.

Like a lot of us I am in a queen with hub and dog.

However I would like to vie for the FIRM KING (bed that is) so that all three of us can have more room.

I like soft sheets and enuff blanket to pull over when it gets cold.
No damn clock lights for me thank you.
Clothing is completely optional and depends on the mood.
Seeing how the 65 lb blanket hog and other contribtutor to the mortgage, like to have covers, I usually have to dress.

But I believe the bed should be a place for all things comfy, soft, peaceful and fun.
<>
darbygrl

dabo 26942 desperate attention whore postings

10-18-01, 01:32 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
47. "RE: What Are You Like In Bed ???"
Well, if you really must know:
I prefer to sleep au natural but since came along little ones with a habit of coming to Mommy and Daddy's bed after having bad dreams I usually keep on a pair of underwear, plus a robe is close by; I also have an old-fashioned long woolen nightshirt for when it's really really cold out. I have no preference as to which side of the bed to sleep on except I won't sleep next to the damn phone. We have a queensize bed with a very firm mattress, better for the back. And I have to have both feet outside the covers so I cannot stand it if the sheets are tucked in, in fact it drives me bonkers. I have two pillows that are virtual antiques because I can't stand the new ones my wife tries to get me to switch to every so often, I just can't get used to them and frankly don't see any point in trying since the old pillows I have are still perfectly good. I also prefer as much darkness as possible (I dread the idea of getting switched to the graveyard shift) while nodding off, so I face the stupid alarm clock away from me; I liked the old wind-up one that didn't gleam neon in the dark but my wife hated the ticking so I don't use it anymore.

SMILES ARE FREE. SWIPES ARE FUN!

"If the race of man should be left naked upon a desert island, we should become extinct in six weeks. A few individuals might linger, but in a year would become worse than monkeys." (Samuel Butler, "Erewhon")

10-18-01, 08:44 AM (EST)
48. "The NAKED amoung us"
He he, This is the tally of the Naked sleepers. And wasn't that the real point? I mean all that stuff about sheets and alarm clocks? Don't we really want to know who the NUDIES are. ( just kidding)

OK the Naked
Dave
Ayms
IceCat
Dangerkitty

The sometimes Naked
survivorchick
Frau Hexe
samiam
MonCherie
darbygirl
and I think OFG ( but apparently only when the house is on fire)

The nearly Naked
EBug
dabo

Nice to know that with all our little sleeptime quirks, none of us are really very odd at all ( except the sock sleepers - you people are freaks)

Tinkerbell 1587 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

10-18-01, 10:25 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Tinkerbell Click to send private message to Tinkerbell Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
49. "I object!!"
>( except
>the sock sleepers - you
>people are freaks)

As a sock sleeper--I take offense at that!!! Just kidding Buggy

I keep remembering other weird things about me too...
*I cannot sleep without my retainer. I got my braces off nearly 10 years ago and I still sleep with my retainers in every night. At least my orthodontist is still happy. I sucked my thumb until I got my braces on...so maybe my retainer is just a way of compensating.
*I also still sleep with my blankie nearby. It is near my stuffed duck on my bed. Some mornings I wake up holding it. I also have my stuffed bunny and my stuffed monkey on my bed. My bunny is named Cuppy - it is just like the bunny that was in the New Parent Trap that came out a couple years ago. I got it from my mom. My monkey's name is Mr. Baloney and he is about 20 years old...he is almost as nice as our own Monkeyboy!!
*I have to be fully covered up to sleep. Even if it's 100 degrees in my room, I must be covered up to my chin with at least a sheet. That's part of the reason I sleep with a fan on I think.
*My alarm clock is set 23 minutes ahead of real time--why? I have no idea! I am a chronic snoozer and will not get out of bed until I hear the news on my radio station (they play a little news blurb on the 1/2 hour). One morning my station was off the air and besides being late for work I was mad that I didn't hear my news! I called the radio station and got mad at them for making me late for work...well not really mad, but the DJ's certainly enjoyed my mock angry-ness (is that a word?). I also cannot wake up to the beepy alarm...I would probably become a serial killer if I had to wake up to that everyday.
*I still like to be tucked in. Now that my boyfriend and I live together, it's a race to see who goes to bed first--because the last one has to tuck the other in (see?? We do sleep in our own rooms!).
*I do make my bed every morning, but it only consists of pulling the covers up. I don't move much when I sleep so the bedding is never twisted or anything.

Now you all know WAY too much about my sleeping habits!!

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •