The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Teri & Ian's Demand for Help"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Amazing Race Basher Forum (Protected)
Original message

Survivorchick 1161 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

11-28-02, 02:56 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Survivorchick Click to send private message to Survivorchick Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Teri & Ian's Demand for Help"
Is it just me? Or does this team expect too much? I mean, last week Teri was hoping the twins would share the map in return for finding their clue. Maybe she was expecting too much there - but I can see both sides.

This week when she ASKED KennyG for the missing vault number - I was shocked! Did she really think they would just give it to her? Doesn't she realize that they are competitors? Why should they be doing her any favours?

Silly people.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Teri & Ian's Demand for Help stinky the walrus 11-28-02 1
 RE: Teri & Ian's Demand for Help Bucky Katt 11-28-02 2
   RE: Teri & Ian's Demand for Help Loree 11-30-02 9
 RE: Teri & Ian's Demand for Help managerr 11-28-02 3
   RE: Teri & Ian's Demand for Help 712 11-28-02 4
   RE: Teri & Ian's Demand for Help Survivorchick 11-29-02 6
 RE: Teri & Ian's Demand for Help L82LIFE 11-29-02 5
 RE: Teri & Ian's Demand for Help chlim01 11-30-02 7
   RE: Teri & Ian's Demand for Help Chrissy gal 11-30-02 8
       RE: Teri & Ian's Demand for Help chlim01 12-01-02 10
   RE: Teri & Ian's Demand for Help the_ultimate 12-01-02 11
       RE: Teri & Ian's Demand for Help chlim01 12-01-02 12

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

stinky the walrus 14 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

11-28-02, 03:19 PM (EST)
Click to EMail stinky%20the%20walrus Click to send private message to stinky%20the%20walrus Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Teri & Ian's Demand for Help"
Well... the map thing was a reasonable request. D&D would have been screwed without the clue. Though IT shouldn't have been too surprised when the twins didn't give them any information.

Asking for the number was probably out of desperation. If you were left like that because the other people figured it out, putting you in last place, you'd probably ask them for the code too. I doubt they expected an answer.

Bucky Katt 3146 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

11-28-02, 03:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Bucky%20Katt Click to send private message to Bucky%20Katt Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Teri & Ian's Demand for Help"
No - its not just you. They are both a wee bit demanding. And I don't understand why there were so upset when JVJ and the Twins lied to them about the clue in the haystack. What do they expect?

I think with them it is quite obvious that they are demanding people and they are so used to demanding what the want (and probably getting it often) that they can't help themselves. And anytime they aren't given what they want they get angey because they aren't used to not getting what they demand.

Oh but I am so sure it is just the editing.....

"I'll have you know, I rock!" BA

Loree 8616 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

11-30-02, 09:25 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Loree Click to send private message to Loree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Teri & Ian's Demand for Help"
Bucky Katt you have hit it right on the head. Ian and Teri demand things. Even with each other. They can't ask nicely. They expect things. Then if it turns out good they act like this great twosome. But otherwise they blame each other for everything. They can't be kicked out of the game too quickly to please me.

managerr 1959 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

11-28-02, 03:52 PM (EST)
Click to EMail managerr Click to send private message to managerr Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Teri & Ian's Demand for Help"
I don't fault them for that--they were desperate--it didn't hurt to ask. You could see Ken was thinking about it.

What I don't get is that every team knew they got the tree wrong. If they got the counting thing wrong, you don't need to run all the way out there and count them all again. Assume you counted wrong by a few numbers and start entering those numbers into the safe. For example, if you counted 48, try inputting 43-53 until you get the right number.

712 356 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

11-28-02, 04:26 PM (EST)
Click to EMail 712 Click to send private message to 712 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Teri & Ian's Demand for Help"
LAST EDITED ON 11-30-02 AT 03:52 PM (EST)

John Vito and Jill had the trees right, but t he clock number wrong, if i recall.
But yeah. I was wondering the same thing myself. Why didn't they just do trial and error with the tree number?

Edit: Nope, I'm wrong. JV&J had the tree number wrong as well.

Survivorchick 1161 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

11-29-02, 11:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Survivorchick Click to send private message to Survivorchick Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Teri & Ian's Demand for Help"
I wondered about that too. It seems really wierd to waste time recounting. Maybe there was some kind of time penalty for each time you enter numbers or something - otherwise one of the teams certainly would have thought to just try tial and error.

L82LIFE 5333 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

11-29-02, 01:59 PM (EST)
Click to EMail L82LIFE Click to send private message to L82LIFE Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Teri & Ian's Demand for Help"
I guess Ian hasn't yet realized tht the other teams don't like him. I did think that the brothers handled it pretty well, though. IT had to know that if Oh Brother gave them the number, they would jeapordize themselves.

chlim01 38 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

11-30-02, 06:25 AM (EST)
Click to EMail chlim01 Click to send private message to chlim01 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Teri & Ian's Demand for Help"
Apparently it's perfectly OK for Teri & Ian to lie to the other teams but it isn't OK for the other teams to lie to them. Given how they tried to cheat Ken & Gerard of money in the very first leg of the race, is it any surprise none of the teams feel any need to be nice or respectful to them?

Chrissy gal 1413 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

11-30-02, 01:29 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Chrissy%20gal Click to send private message to Chrissy%20gal Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Teri & Ian's Demand for Help"
Oh, I forgot all about Teri and Ian trying to get Ken & Gerard to pay too much to share a hotel room! If someone did that to me, I would never be nice to them again!

12-01-02, 00:19 AM (EST)
Click to EMail chlim01 Click to send private message to chlim01 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Teri & Ian's Demand for Help"
LAST EDITED ON 12-01-02 AT 00:20 AM (EST)

I suspect the general anti-Ian & Teri mood started when Ken & Gerard blabbed to all the other teams about this. This was probably why Derek & Drew didn't see any need to be overly grateful to them.

the_ultimate 1 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

12-01-02, 04:52 AM (EST)
Click to EMail the_ultimate Click to send private message to the_ultimate Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Teri & Ian's Demand for Help"
did they show this on tv? i can't recall having seen it, although i haven't missed a single episode!!

12-01-02, 05:26 AM (EST)
12. "RE: Teri & Ian's Demand for Help"
The clip's only available on the official TAR website. A pity, 'cos I thought it was interesting enough to be in the actual episode...

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •