The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"The Food Networks Next Star Episode 4 Discussion"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Other Reality TV Shows Forum (Protected)
Original message

volsfan 19846 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

06-19-05, 11:31 PM (EST)
Click to EMail volsfan Click to send private message to volsfan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"The Food Networks Next Star Episode 4 Discussion"
What did you guys think? The show just keeps getting better and Paula was priceless. Who will you be voting for?

Handcrafted by RollDdice

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: The Food Networks Next Star Epi... zombiebaby 06-20-05 1
   RE: The Food Networks Next Star Epi... volsfan 06-20-05 2
       RE: The Food Networks Next Star Epi... missygirl3 06-20-05 3
           RE: The Food Networks Next Star Epi... volsfan 06-20-05 4
               RE: The Food Networks Next Star Epi... zombiebaby 06-20-05 5
   RE: The Food Networks Next Star Epi... CalifGirl00 06-21-05 13
       RE: The Food Networks Next Star Epi... Steph_Fan 06-21-05 16
 When do we vote? djandy 06-20-05 6
   RE: When do we vote? AZ_Leo 06-20-05 7
       RE: When do we vote? volsfan 06-20-05 8
 RE: The Food Networks Next Star Epi... Steph_Fan 06-20-05 9
   RE: The Food Networks Next Star Epi... zombiebaby 06-20-05 10
       RE: The Food Networks Next Star Epi... Steph_Fan 06-20-05 11
   RE: The Food Networks Next Star Epi... missygirl3 06-21-05 12
   RE: The Food Networks Next Star Epi... djandy 06-21-05 14
       RE: The Food Networks Next Star Epi... Steph_Fan 06-21-05 15
 RE: The Food Networks Next Star Epi... Bebo 06-24-05 17
   Bump & Reminder zombiebaby 06-26-05 18
       For anyone interested... volsfan 06-26-05 19

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

zombiebaby 7356 desperate attention whore postings

06-20-05, 08:18 AM (EST)
Click to EMail zombiebaby Click to send private message to zombiebaby Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: The Food Networks Next Star Episode 4 Discussion"
I was a little surpised that kooky hair guy was eliminated.

I think overall the show I would most watch is if the gay couple wins. I would watch Hans and maybe Deborah but not so much Suzy Homemaker.

I do like Hans but I don't know if he would hold my interest over the years, however his media presentation was suprising and makes me wonder that he could keep getting better and more used to the format as he goes.

Once agian I loved the behind the scenes look with the media consultant and such. And yes I love Paula Jean. Wouldn't you just love to have lunch wiht her?

Look at me I got a Sweet Summer Syren Siggie!

06-20-05, 08:43 AM (EST)
Click to EMail volsfan Click to send private message to volsfan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: The Food Networks Next Star Episode 4 Discussion"
I liked the kooky hair guy but I don't know if he would hold my interest to watch his show.

I think Deborah would get on my nerves. Sometimes she comes across as "acting". JMHO.

The low fat/cal girl would also get old really FAST!

I too lvoe the behind the scenes but I am a foot network junky.

Handcrafted by RollDdice

missygirl3 541 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

06-20-05, 09:16 AM (EST)
Click to EMail missygirl3 Click to send private message to missygirl3 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: The Food Networks Next Star Episode 4 Discussion"
LAST EDITED ON 06-20-05 AT 06:52 PM (EST)

Volsfan, I agree with you on Deborah. I thought that last week and I got the feeling that she just wants to "win";I dont care for Suzannah at all. There are very few shows on about low carb/calorie or whatever. I love Hans and will vote for him if came down to him and someone else. I too, am a food network addict. I Tivo 90% of their shows. Does anyone know if Emeril will be making an appearance on the show? I cant wait to see RR.

06-20-05, 09:23 AM (EST)
4. "RE: The Food Networks Next Star Episode 4 Discussion"
There is one low carb show on The Food Network (to my knowledge) but the low carb fad is fading and I think the network needs to be more concentrating on low calorie/fat. The Calorie Commando show is pretty good and I wish they would expand on that.

I lvoe Rachel but sometimes she too gets on my nerves because she is always so damn bouncy. If I am in a bad mood, I can't watch her. *how good does that look?*

Handcrafted by RollDdice

06-20-05, 11:04 AM (EST)
Click to EMail zombiebaby Click to send private message to zombiebaby Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: The Food Networks Next Star Episode 4 Discussion"
How about a little EVO?

I love the Food network too.

CalifGirl00 1 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

06-21-05, 06:09 PM (EST)
Click to EMail CalifGirl00 Click to send private message to CalifGirl00 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: The Food Networks Next Star Episode 4 Discussion"
>I think overall the show I
>would most watch is if
>the gay couple wins.
>I would watch Hans and
>maybe Deborah but not so
>much Suzy Homemaker.
>

I agree with you. I wouldn't mind anyone winning, but Deborah IMHO is annoying. Especially after she said "I deserve my own show." Come on, she couldn't even handle a cut on her finger what kind of cook can't handle blood? Also, not interested in another diet cooking show.

I'm surprised all the big personalities are gone. The guy that looks like Peter Brady and Eric. Deborah would be interesting, if she would concentrate on Carribean cooking and not the talk show with the stars thing that she pitched. At least it would be something different. I would watch the gay couple and Hans as well.

Loved Paula Dean on this episode. She is so boisterous. I watched this show that featured her in it about a year ago, and she said she suffered from a disorder where she was afraid to be around people right after her divorce. Since she was afraid to go outside, she stayed home and cooked. Wow, never would have guessed with her personality now.

Steph_Fan 473 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

06-21-05, 09:34 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Steph_Fan Click to send private message to Steph_Fan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: The Food Networks Next Star Episode 4 Discussion"
>I agree with you. I
>wouldn't mind anyone winning, but
>Deborah IMHO is annoying.
>Especially after she said "I
>deserve my own show."
>Come on, she couldn't even
>handle a cut on her
>finger what kind of cook
>can't handle blood?

You mean Suzannah, but good point. (See, you find her so annoying, you blocked out her name! ) Aren't chefs supposed to have "teflon hands"?

djandy 1711 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

06-20-05, 11:22 AM (EST)
Click to EMail djandy Click to send private message to djandy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "When do we vote?"
I was disappointed about Michael going. I still like Hans and hope he finds his niche and wins. When do we vote? I assume it's after next week's show (6/26) when it's down to 2, with the winner revealed the next week.

djandy
S8 ABC Red Ink Champ, S7 ABPABC Red Ink Champ, CMY FOMO Red Ink Champ

AZ_Leo 3526 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

06-20-05, 01:57 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AZ_Leo Click to send private message to AZ_Leo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: When do we vote?"
Voting will be subject to the official rules, which will be available on Sunday, June 26, 2005 at 9:15pm ET.

From http://www.foodnetwork.com/food/show_nf_vote

I think they are trying to keep the final 2 secret.

06-20-05, 03:57 PM (EST)
8. "RE: When do we vote?"
I didn't tape lastnight's show and can't go back and look but when they showed the "reunion" the gay guys were clearly shown in their chefs outfit. I wonder if the reunion will be for the final two or the final four?

Handcrafted by RollDdice

06-20-05, 08:51 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Steph_Fan Click to send private message to Steph_Fan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: The Food Networks Next Star Episode 4 Discussion"
Thanks to TiVo, I just watched the episode tonight. Last week, I said I wanted either Eric or Michael to win, and both were eliminated, of course. But you know, the judges were absolutely right: neither one of them improved to the level of the others.

Who I want to win: Hans, hands down. Back up: Dan/Steve.

Who I think could win: Suzannah. The judges love her and will put her in the final 2.

P.S. Have any of you other food junkies eaten at any of the FoodTV chefs' restaurants? I have, but don't want to post and sound like a snob if I am the only one!

06-20-05, 09:56 PM (EST)
10. "RE: The Food Networks Next Star Episode 4 Discussion"
Ate at Emeril's in New Orleans, warehouse district restaurant about 6 years ago.

It was OK. Definately not worth the money. I think I had a bad shrimp. DH's food was allright but again nothing memorable.

I would not go to an Emeril restaurant again.

I would rather save my money and have Tyler Florence come give me a nightcap instead!

06-20-05, 10:33 PM (EST)
11. "RE: The Food Networks Next Star Episode 4 Discussion"
>
>I would rather save my money
>and have Tyler Florence come
>give me a nightcap instead!
>

Ha! I haven't been to a restaurant by Tyler, but he sure is a cutie! I did see Rocco (star of the lame "The Restaurant") up close, before he was on tv, and he was pretty good looking as well. Now THERE was overpriced for the food quality...

I have been to two of Emeril's, including the same one as you. The meals were good, but don't rank up there with some others - Babbo by Mario Batali is easily the best food I've ever eaten, and I would keep going back there.

missygirl3 541 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

06-21-05, 02:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail missygirl3 Click to send private message to missygirl3 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: The Food Networks Next Star Episode 4 Discussion"
Hey Steph_fan, my hubby and I ate at Emeril's steakhouse in Las Vegas. I think it is called Delmonicos. We went with some friends who think that EL is God; We had a very lengthy wait and the food is way overpriced. Needless to say, I was kinda disappointed. But the desserts were fabuloso!!!

djandy 1711 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

06-21-05, 06:52 PM (EST)
Click to EMail djandy Click to send private message to djandy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: The Food Networks Next Star Episode 4 Discussion"
I also ate at Emeril's restaurant in New Orleans, and thought it was overpriced and the food was just okay. Very disappointing because we had looked forward to it all trip.

djandy
S8 ABC Red Ink Champ, S7 ABPABC Red Ink Champ, CMY FOMO Red Ink Champ

06-21-05, 09:32 PM (EST)
15. "RE: The Food Networks Next Star Episode 4 Discussion"
So sad, djandy and missy! I also ate at the Vegas Emeril's and distinctly remember the dessert (peanut butter pie... yummm...) But I do think restaurants in NYC are generally a cut above - maybe it has to do with the competition they face there. And since the Food Network is there, the chefs are often around!

Bebo 21083 desperate attention whore postings

06-24-05, 01:49 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Bebo Click to send private message to Bebo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: The Food Networks Next Star Episode 4 Discussion"
Finally got to watch this last night. This show is awesome.

Paula completely rocks. She was so bubbly, so adorable, and I would love to sit down with her and gab for a few hours.

Totally agreed with the cuts. Goofy hair guy is a train wreck - fun, but impossible to follow. And while Eric is a big sweet teddy bear, he didn't give me enough info.

I told my hubby during ep 1 that I would love Hans if he could show his personality. It's now official: I love Hans.

I'm expecting a Hans/Susannah final 2. Hans has so much knowledge and just keeps getting better and better. And Susannah impressed me with how she handled the criticsm. Yes, she cried, but instead of following the traditional reality show contestant profile and bashing the critics, she listened to what they said and took it to heart. Good for her for being receptive. I just wish they would have showed us more of her personal touches during the demo itself instead of during the media comments about her - it would have given a clearer picture of who she is.

I liked Deborah at first, but unlike Hans, she hasn't been able to loosen up and let the audience in. She doesn't strike me as genuine and doesn't give me a reason to care. And her word choice? Hubby and I were both shaking our heads at "extemporaneous".

Dan and Steve disappointed me for the first time last night. They have their moments of being terrific, but then they just fall flat. They cracked me up during the Paula challenge.

Add me to the Voting For Hans Club.

06-26-05, 12:28 PM (EST)
18. "Bump & Reminder"
Don't forget finale tonight!

Remember to vote!

06-26-05, 03:32 PM (EST)
19. "For anyone interested..."
Food network is playing a marathon of the show beginning today at 5pm EST.

Handcrafted by RollDdice

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •