The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"The Racers, the Strategy and the Ed..."
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Conferences The Amazing Race Spoiler/Speculation Forum (Protected)
Current Message

michel 10958 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

05-04-06, 09:56 PM (EST)
Click to EMail michel Click to send private message to michel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
48. "Episode #10"
LAST EDITED ON 05-04-06 AT 10:17 PM (EST)

The recap told us that MoJo didn’t help the hippies and that they hate them. Later they got lost on the bike. We also heard Eric and Jeremy tell us that “The hippies aren’t going to make it” on the plane. Phil reminded us of the tension-filled leg RaYo had in Oman but that they quickly recovered. The powerful image of Yolanda screaming joyfully as the tandem is going at full speed is shown once more.

Ray and Yolanda had their best episode. It started with Phil asking if after struggling at the back of the pack, could they fight their way out of last place? Yolanda says, “We’re enjoying this wonderful game. We are growing and learning…It takes time to understand” each other. Arriving before the Swan Bells tower opens, all teams bunch up and Jeremy says, “Ray and Yolanda are hanging out by themselves as usual. Ray is on a short leash.”

Ray had the good idea of reserving a taxi. They believed that MoJo cancelled them and shared the hippies’ comments about the dirty trick. They got to Darwin in a tie but once more arrived at Crocodylus Park last. Thinking of the crocodiles, Ray lets us know that “If the crocodiles eat Monica, they might choke, it’s like chewing on a plastic Barbie doll!” Yolanda jokes that “Black people aren’t stupid to get in a pool of crocodiles…or would they!!” Ray answers, “For a million dollars they do!” Another reference to the money by Ray if you’re keeping score at home. They arrived 4th at the roadblock but the yield gave them third place. Ray is now out of roadblocks but he has a great experience skydiving. Reading the Detour clue, they didn’t hesitate. Because of Yolanda’s inability to swim, they will do “DRY”. Yolanda lets us know that Ray’s musical skills will get them through it quickly.

After meeting the aborigine and receiving his instructions, Yolanda laughs for what might be the first time at the noise Ray made with the didgeridoo. The noise she made when she tried also caused laughter. They completed the detour in first place and were told to go to the pit stop. On the way, Yolanda is still laughing, “Ray doesn’t need a didgeridoo to make those noises.” Seeing MoJo arriving, they are determined not to mess up on the way in. They now have a map with all the tourist’s attractions and they know where they’re going.

Phil’s greeting as they arrived first at the mat seemed warmer than usual. He frowns at the Frat Boys, he jokes with he hippies, he showed surprise with Fran and Barry but he seemed happy to talk to this team. Ray starts with a “Wow”, jokes about the Mercedes having the steering wheel on the proper side. Phil tells him that he promises it will be ready for America. Ray comments that their navigation was perfect. Phil tells him it’s a great finish, that Ray looks happy and that is part of his appeal. Yolanda responds with a big smile and a hug, “That’s why I like him.”

Eric and Jeremy had a quick start. “Everyone is on edge…Mojo and the hippies…there’s animosity there. Our goal right now is final three” calmly analyses Eric at the start. They were first to Crocodylus Park. Before then they showed they could play dirty. After noticing that RaYo and the hippies had reserved taxis, Jeremy called one and then Eric cancelled the first two. He succeeded because the other teams didn’t use fake names. That got Joseph laughing. Later, when “Karma” got them back, they let Jo take the wrath of the two other teams. The bunching at the park pushed them in third place but the yield got them back up one spot. They arrived at the roadblock right behind the Hippies. Their trek trough the wild river had amazing visuals, especially when the camera is high behind them and they spot their rivals wading before the next bend in the stream.

They completed the task in less time than BJ and Tyler and got the proper directions first. They stayed ahead even after MoJo joined the pack to make it a three-car race. Once out of the car, they maintained that lead and finished second overall.

MoJo had a leg full of events. Joseph made sure we knew that they’re “going to beat these damn Hippies. It’s brutal and teams are getting mean towards each other” It felt as much as a reminder of that rivalry than foreshadowing the future events. Mo tells us, “We’re not vindictive outside of the race. It’s no holds barred” The comment she received from the locals after asking for a cheap place to stay was meant as a funny reply but it does also serve to show she can be naïve. What did she expect they would answer?

Starting off the next day, Jo laughs at the Frat Boys’ trick and defends their right when BJ and Tyler get in their cab. He lets us know that “the game is turning dirty now. They piss me off.” They regained their lead after the last bunching point and kept it until the Hippies outraced them to the yield. Monica fumes, “How did they get ahead of us? Those bastards! It’s not fair, we got here first.” During the wait, Jo tells her “You got to act grown up now.” She doesn’t want to be consoled, “Leave me alone.” Jo reasons, “The yield isn’t going to matter. The worse that’s going to happen is that we finish second.” She answers dejectedly, “Like always.” She goes on crying not wanting to hear the apology Tyler gives them after completing the task. The argument between teammates, which was becoming funny with Jo imitating Monica, goes on even after the time has elapsed!

Monica had fun jumping out of the plane, Jo could even “hear Monica screaming all the way up there.” In the car afterwards, 22 Km’s from the termite field that the other teams had completed, Monica says, “The other teams are 40 minutes ahead. This might be it for us. Using that yield is sleazy. The Hippies are sleaze balls.” Jo made the perfect call for the detour and they finished in second place. They had a nice surprise when they saw the two cars ahead of them and even if they wondered where RaYo were, they got ready for a “Mad foot race.” Once more, after episode #2, Monica tells Jo “I don’t know if I can beat the Hippies.” Jo told her “Yes you can, all you have to do is run as fast as you can.” She pulled it off. “You yielded us, and we still beat you” exulted Joseph in triumph. When Phil said, “I am pleased to tell you…” letting all three teams know the Hippies weren’t eliminated, the disappointment and the anger were clearly shown on both Jo and Monica’s face.

The Hippies are starting to accumulate the bad legs. After a better showing at Fremantle they cannot keep the lead they had forged for themselves. Tyler says that it is OK to tell MoJo they'd be yielding them, “We’re not trying to deceive any teams. We’re completely open and honest with them.” The repetition of the threat tells us differently. If before it appeared they were having fun pushing Barbie’s buttons to get her upset, now it has become personal. Tyler’s plan to let Jo know that Eric was flirting with Monica may not be a lie but he did it to create tension between the two teams he felt were aligned. They also had some dirty tricks in their arsenal.

The only fun they had in this leg was at the challenges. The skydiving was “Amazing, a great way to see Australia” for BJ. The termites were wonderful but “Don’t touch them, the termites will eat all the wood in your body!” The roadblock was fun only at the start. “The rush of adrenaline going to your head, that is first place.” The spiders and the difficulties of the trek quickly got to them. The Frat Boys almost caught them. On the road they lose the lead and follow, as Monica said they always do. Tyler doesn’t even bother to ask direction to BJ’s dismay. They were first at the start of the race, losing that lead is inexcusable.

The footrace:

Since it was crucial in the game, the footrace itself merits analysis. Eric and Jeremy are first out of the car and start sprinting. The Hippies, having followed up to the parking lot, now show strategy and drive closer to the path. They are out of the car second but have a small lead starting up the path. Jo and Monica are five yards behind the Frat Boys. Jeremy is the fastest runner and quickly passes BJ and Tyler and goes to the bridge. Eric also passes and heads for the rocks followed by Joseph, Tyler and BJ. Monica is about 20 yards behind at that point. Eric quickly changes directions and instead of jumping on the rocks, takes the bridge, Jo and Tyler follow him but BJ keeps going. He stumbles on the rocks and Monica beats him by crossing the bridge. The Hippies followed blindly both in the car and in the race. BJ’s inability to change course cost them in this leg. Monica refuses the handshake Tyler offered. At least Jo shook his hand.

Analysis of the teams:

RaYo have many good editing marks. They’ve only once had negative comments in the recaps. They have been shown to run a better race than the statistics show. They weren’t shown panicking when it looked bad. Ray has many winning quotes.They do have fun with the competition, the game as Yolanda said. And now Phil was shown spending more time than usual with them on the mat. I know he wouldn’t know at this point the outcome but he must chat with all the racers as time permits. There isn’t much to do besides talk (and dance!) while he waits. The editors decide what to keep afterwards. That it was RaYo’s pitstop they chose to present in more details is a good sign.

Thank you Rosie for the kind words. We do have similar views on these racers. Despite everything, a RaYo win would still bring surprise more than vindication! Trying to figure the story from the edit isn't exact science. As we approach the finale, it does seem that our first analysis had some accuracy. They could very well be our winners and their popularity should start moving up now (just look at Arnutz' thread in fanatics for an indication!).

In another thread, ArchitectureGirl wrote:
"MoJo's theme seems to be their "luck" and their struggles through each task - yet they always seem to overcome those struggles. See this is where I disagree Michel, I don’t think that they're going to gloss over the struggles of a team just to make them likeable. They certainly didn’t do it with Freddy and Kendra, or Flo and Zach. I still think MoJo could be the winners. I see them as struggling and overcoming constantly, and I find it interesting that their horrible luck that they profess to have - turned last episode and they got the taxi while Fran and Barry did not."

I had written that I don't see any reason for their edit to fit a winning story. AG’s comment made me go back to refresh my memory of Flo and Zach's last leg. From what I read, the editors certainly didn't do much if anything to make them look better. Add to that, their popularity results were dismal. So even if you do, I can't say that I disagree with you. We are simply reading different stories. The way I read it, winners usually have consistant edits. MoJo have had the wildest edit of any racers I remember, going from invisible, to strong, to complainers, back to invisible and then villains. If we were supposed to take their side in the argument with the hippies then BJ and Tyler would've told us about the yielding plans first to appear petty. Their performance in this leg was redemption however. The fan favorite Hippies appeared if not worse then at least as mean as MoJo. Redemption can mean the fall is close. It could mean they still have fight in them. I don’t see them winning but if your analysis and their “fans” are right, I would be impressed by their performance.

The race was fun to the Hippies but I felt there should’ve been more. Now even the fun is gone. The repetition of the threat to yield MoJo does make them look petty. The ratings haven’t been good but they could have been worse if not for them. They had been good for entertainement but if they are to fall, no need to help their image anymore. Now they may not be of any more use. There will be enough bunching points to let them come back in the race but edits don’t usually come back up once they’ve turned bad.

Eric and Jeremy have very few usefull quotes. They flirt, they use dirty tricks, they comment on others but rarely do we hear how they feel about the race and their excitement at being close to the million. “Our goal right now is the final three.” That had me pay attention as it sounded like how the race turns out for them. It may be one of those details but it would be too good to waste if they do lose in the final leg.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents
  Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 The Racers, the Strategy and the Ed...   michel     04-06-06       
   RE: The Racers, the Strategy and th...   Earl Colby Pottinger     04-06-06     1  
   RE: The Racers, the Strategy and th...   Whole Lotta Rosie     04-06-06     2  
     RE: The Racers, the Strategy and th...   IrishCharm     04-07-06     3  
         First reaction   michel     04-07-06     4  
         RE: The Racers, the Strategy and th...   architecturegirl     04-07-06     5  
   RE: The Racers, the Strategy and th...   beau_30     04-07-06     6  
     RE: The Racers, the Strategy and th...   desperado     04-07-06     7  
         RE: The Racers, the Strategy and th...   beau_30     04-07-06     8  
             RE: The Racers, the Strategy and th...   desperado     04-07-06     9  
         RE: The Racers, the Strategy and th...   indy42     04-09-06     22  
     RE: The Racers, the Strategy and th...   Serendipity     04-07-06     10  
         RE: The Racers, the Strategy and th...   donracefan     04-08-06     12  
         RE: The Racers, the Strategy and th...   beau_30     04-08-06     15  
   RE: The Racers, the Strategy and th...   Serendipity     04-08-06     11  
     RE: The Racers, the Strategy and th...   donracefan     04-08-06     13  
         RE: The Racers, the Strategy and th...   Serendipity     04-08-06     14  
   MoJo analysis   Jims02     04-08-06     16  
   Clarifications   michel     04-08-06     17  
     RE: Clarifications   Serendipity     04-08-06     18  
     RE: Clarifications   beau_30     04-11-06     26  
         RE: Clarifications   michel     04-11-06     27  
   RE: The Racers, the Strategy and th...   Whole Lotta Rosie     04-08-06     20  
     RE: The Racers, the Strategy and th...   donracefan     04-09-06     21  
         RE: The Racers, the Strategy and th...   Whole Lotta Rosie     04-09-06     23  
             RE: The Racers, the Strategy and th...   IrishCharm     04-10-06     24  
   The Phil Dance   frankz     04-11-06     25  
     RE: The Phil Dance   donracefan     04-11-06     28  
         RE: The Phil Dance   frankz     04-12-06     29  
     RE: The Phil Dance   mavs_fan     04-12-06     30  
         RE: The Phil Dance   IrishCharm     04-13-06     31  
   Episode #7   michel     04-13-06     32  
     RE: Episode #7   Serendipity     04-14-06     33  
         One more thing aboutRay/Yolanda   vince3     04-14-06     34  
   RE: The Racers, the Strategy and th...   Earl Colby Pottinger     04-20-06     35  
   Episode #8   michel     04-20-06     36  
     RE: Episode #8   architecturegirl     04-25-06     37  
     RE: Episode #8   Earl Colby Pottinger     04-25-06     38  
   Episode 8   IrishCharm     04-26-06     39  
     RE: Episode 8   michel     04-26-06     40  
         RE: Episode 8   beau_30     04-26-06     41  
             RE: Episode 8   architecturegirl     04-26-06     42  
                 RE: Episode 8   architecturegirl     04-27-06     43  
   Episode #9   michel     04-27-06     44  
     RE: Episode #9   Whole Lotta Rosie     04-30-06     45  
         RE: Episode #9   beau_30     05-02-06     46  
             RE: Episode #9   Earl Colby Pottinger     05-03-06     47  
   Episode #10   michel     05-04-06     48  
     RE: Episode #10   mavs_fan     05-04-06     49  
     RE: Episode #10   architecturegirl     05-05-06     50  
         RE: Episode #10   CTgirl     05-06-06     51  
             RE: Episode #10   michel     05-07-06     52  
         RE: Episode #10   Serendipity     05-08-06     53  
     RE: Episode #10   beau_30     05-09-06     54  
   RE: The Racers, the Strategy and th...   michel     05-11-06     55  
     RE: The Racers, the Strategy and th...   CTgirl     05-12-06     56  
   Post-season comments   michel     05-18-06     57  
     Congrats, Michel   Peetah     05-19-06     58  
     RE: Post-season comments   CTgirl     05-20-06     59  
     RE: Post-season comments   architecturegirl     05-22-06     60  

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •