The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"The Racers, the Strategy and the Ed..."
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Conferences The Amazing Race Spoiler/Speculation Forum (Protected)
Current Message

architecturegirl 227 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

04-25-06, 02:38 PM (EST)
Click to EMail architecturegirl Click to send private message to architecturegirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
37. "RE: Episode #8"
LAST EDITED ON 04-25-06 AT 02:43 PM (EST)

Well, I haven't posted much of anything the past two weeks, but I wanted to get a post in before the next episode.

How many of us loyal race fans were ecstatic over that last episode??? I LOVED it! PURE Amazing Race unpredicatability. For all the editing analysis we've done NEVER would I have expected to see Fran and Barry winning a leg (kudos to them!), and NEVER would I have expected BOTH the frat boys and BJ/Tyler to be at the bottom!

Fran and Barry - as much as they've been the crotchety grand parents this season they pulled off an unexpected win. Of note to the editing - they had their game together this time around and we actually saw some of those skills they claimed to have, but until now have been in hiding. Not a bad time to bring out the skills. But, I still think that this is more of a one-time thing, or at least not very long lived. I dont see their edit getting them to the top three. Maybe third, but I really think they come in fourth. Still, way to go for the win. And they were actually quite a bit ahead of MoJo - the sun was fully out when they got to the pit stop, and it was almost down when MoJo got there. I'll be interested to see what the actual time difference was.

MoJo - This is still my pick for the team to beat. While they bicker and Monica is breaking down more often - I dont see this as a huge hinderance to them in the race that I think it may turn out to be for Ray and Yolanda if their bickering continues. Monica stated prior to the race that they bicker a lot, so I think they must be fairly good at letting the bickering roll of their backs and move on. As for the editing - this constant talking about their "luck" has to play a role in the end. Will their professed terrible luck do them in, or will they have great luck at one crucial moment? I'm tending to think its the latter. All winners are shown to struggle, and have difficulties - while constant struggle is not good, a healthy dose of it shows what was overcome to win.

Ray and Yolanda - They surged from last to third thru the misfortune and error of the boys teams. I think their bickering is causing Yolanda to start having emotional reactions and worrying about their relationship, etc. This is not a good thing. This will kill you in the race, because where bickering itself may not seriously hinder a team that is strong in their relationship - letting it take your mind off the race and put your focus on worrying about your relationship is a killer. They need to get back to a good place with each other pronto, or they're going to have problems. They are consistently the weakest racers of the group lately. It was hidden from us for a while, so I think they still have longevity, but I just dont see with all their getting lost and falling behind that they consistently do, I dont see them winning unless the other two teams have horrible "luck" - MoJo maybe?

Frat Boys - Oh, it was so nice to see the mighty fall and have their confidence busted a bit. What was it they said about the others eating their dust? Nice to see that snarkiness come back to bite them. Their portion of the episode could be called "Overconfidence will kill you". They were so concerned with getting in first that they nearly got themselves elimintated! Thats something to sit back and reflect on as a team. As I mentioned in a previous post, I thought we'd see one of the boys teams screw up and not be able to recover from the bottom. I think this may be the Frat Boys undoing. BJ/Tyler seem to have more substance to draw upon to get back in the game. It'll be interesting to see how the two sets of guys race together at the back of the pack as opposed to fairly worry-free at the front of the pack.

BJ and Tyler - poor boys just didnt have luck on their side this time, except the most important stroke of luck - having your worst leg be the first non-elimination leg. As much as MoJo talked about it - it was BJ and Tyler's luck that stunk this episode. I felt horrible for Tyler in that sand, ugh. It made me think of the girls with all those bales of hay in season six. I think BJ and Tyler have had their ego check, but have the depth and mindset to pull themselves up and get back on track. I dont think we've been shown that with the frat boys.

So, I think it will be one of the boys teams to go this week unless Fran and Barry quickly revert back to their old ways. I think Fran and Barry are around for a little longer though...

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents
  Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 The Racers, the Strategy and the Ed...   michel     04-06-06       
   RE: The Racers, the Strategy and th...   Earl Colby Pottinger     04-06-06     1  
   RE: The Racers, the Strategy and th...   Whole Lotta Rosie     04-06-06     2  
     RE: The Racers, the Strategy and th...   IrishCharm     04-07-06     3  
         First reaction   michel     04-07-06     4  
         RE: The Racers, the Strategy and th...   architecturegirl     04-07-06     5  
   RE: The Racers, the Strategy and th...   beau_30     04-07-06     6  
     RE: The Racers, the Strategy and th...   desperado     04-07-06     7  
         RE: The Racers, the Strategy and th...   beau_30     04-07-06     8  
             RE: The Racers, the Strategy and th...   desperado     04-07-06     9  
         RE: The Racers, the Strategy and th...   indy42     04-09-06     22  
     RE: The Racers, the Strategy and th...   Serendipity     04-07-06     10  
         RE: The Racers, the Strategy and th...   donracefan     04-08-06     12  
         RE: The Racers, the Strategy and th...   beau_30     04-08-06     15  
   RE: The Racers, the Strategy and th...   Serendipity     04-08-06     11  
     RE: The Racers, the Strategy and th...   donracefan     04-08-06     13  
         RE: The Racers, the Strategy and th...   Serendipity     04-08-06     14  
   MoJo analysis   Jims02     04-08-06     16  
   Clarifications   michel     04-08-06     17  
     RE: Clarifications   Serendipity     04-08-06     18  
     RE: Clarifications   beau_30     04-11-06     26  
         RE: Clarifications   michel     04-11-06     27  
   RE: The Racers, the Strategy and th...   Whole Lotta Rosie     04-08-06     20  
     RE: The Racers, the Strategy and th...   donracefan     04-09-06     21  
         RE: The Racers, the Strategy and th...   Whole Lotta Rosie     04-09-06     23  
             RE: The Racers, the Strategy and th...   IrishCharm     04-10-06     24  
   The Phil Dance   frankz     04-11-06     25  
     RE: The Phil Dance   donracefan     04-11-06     28  
         RE: The Phil Dance   frankz     04-12-06     29  
     RE: The Phil Dance   mavs_fan     04-12-06     30  
         RE: The Phil Dance   IrishCharm     04-13-06     31  
   Episode #7   michel     04-13-06     32  
     RE: Episode #7   Serendipity     04-14-06     33  
         One more thing aboutRay/Yolanda   vince3     04-14-06     34  
   RE: The Racers, the Strategy and th...   Earl Colby Pottinger     04-20-06     35  
   Episode #8   michel     04-20-06     36  
     RE: Episode #8   architecturegirl     04-25-06     37  
     RE: Episode #8   Earl Colby Pottinger     04-25-06     38  
   Episode 8   IrishCharm     04-26-06     39  
     RE: Episode 8   michel     04-26-06     40  
         RE: Episode 8   beau_30     04-26-06     41  
             RE: Episode 8   architecturegirl     04-26-06     42  
                 RE: Episode 8   architecturegirl     04-27-06     43  
   Episode #9   michel     04-27-06     44  
     RE: Episode #9   Whole Lotta Rosie     04-30-06     45  
         RE: Episode #9   beau_30     05-02-06     46  
             RE: Episode #9   Earl Colby Pottinger     05-03-06     47  
   Episode #10   michel     05-04-06     48  
     RE: Episode #10   mavs_fan     05-04-06     49  
     RE: Episode #10   architecturegirl     05-05-06     50  
         RE: Episode #10   CTgirl     05-06-06     51  
             RE: Episode #10   michel     05-07-06     52  
         RE: Episode #10   Serendipity     05-08-06     53  
     RE: Episode #10   beau_30     05-09-06     54  
   RE: The Racers, the Strategy and th...   michel     05-11-06     55  
     RE: The Racers, the Strategy and th...   CTgirl     05-12-06     56  
   Post-season comments   michel     05-18-06     57  
     Congrats, Michel   Peetah     05-19-06     58  
     RE: Post-season comments   CTgirl     05-20-06     59  
     RE: Post-season comments   architecturegirl     05-22-06     60  

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •