The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Can we get rid of the Yield?"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Amazing Race Basher Forum (Protected)
Original message

HobbsofMI 16065 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

05-04-06, 01:50 PM (EST)
Click to EMail HobbsofMI Click to send private message to HobbsofMI Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
"Can we get rid of the Yield?"
Or have the yield when it's an elimination leg.....

What good is the yield if nothing happens....it's been shown that losing all your money and stuff is no big deal and there always is a bunch point where that team catches up if they have to beg.

All it does it introduce more tension between two teams that already have enough drama for us to enjoy…..

sig by arkieglr and bouncy by IceCat

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Can we get rid of the Yield? ginger 05-04-06 1
   RE: Can we get rid of the Yield? nailbone 05-04-06 2
   RE: Can we get rid of the Yield? HobbsofMI 05-04-06 3
 RE: Can we get rid of the Yield? Max Headroom 05-04-06 4
   RE: Can we get rid of the Yield? cahaya 05-05-06 7
       RE: Can we get rid of the Yield? Serendipity 05-06-06 8
 RE: Can we get rid of the Yield? mikey 05-04-06 5
   RE: Can we get rid of the Yield? donracefan 05-05-06 6

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

ginger 22512 desperate attention whore postings

05-04-06, 02:32 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ginger Click to send private message to ginger Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Can we get rid of the Yield?"
I ranted about this last year and I totally agree with you. WTF is up with having the Yield in a nonelim leg? It is MEANINGLESS that way, except of course to set up some bad blood between teams. The only fun for me in watching a Yield scenario is when it actually AFFECTS THE OUTCOME. Sheesh.

It is funny how yieldees immediately react as though someone had insulted their mothers, instead of making a strategic move in a GAME.

nailbone 27263 desperate attention whore postings

05-04-06, 03:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail nailbone Click to send private message to nailbone Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Can we get rid of the Yield?"
It is funny how yieldees immediately react as though someone had insulted their mothers, instead of making a strategic move in a GAME.

Isn't that cuz it's always the real a-holes that get Yielded?

Sig by Slice

Holey carp! My blog! MySpace!
Official OT Tassel Adjuster o-

HobbsofMI 16065 desperate attention whore postings

05-04-06, 03:34 PM (EST)
Click to EMail HobbsofMI Click to send private message to HobbsofMI Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Can we get rid of the Yield?"
LAST EDITED ON 05-04-06 AT 03:36 PM (EST)

Or they are working against God himself who is on the Weavers team.....

And yes I knew someone ranted about it because the Weavers did not go away....everytime it just gets under my skin and I need to vent....

sig by arkieglr and bouncy by IceCat

Max Headroom 10069 desperate attention whore postings

05-04-06, 03:50 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Max%20Headroom Click to send private message to Max%20Headroom Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Can we get rid of the Yield?"
You hit the nail on the head-- Yields on non-elim legs are my biggest pet peeve in all of TAR. Why bother? In all the seasons they've had Yields, I can think of no cases where a team got Philiminated due to being yielded.

(Yeah, Team Double D got pushed back by a yield, but R. A. Y. passed them after the yield was over.)

cahaya 19891 desperate attention whore postings

05-05-06, 05:15 PM (EST)
Click to EMail cahaya Click to send private message to cahaya Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Can we get rid of the Yield?"
And in this case, the yielders were in fact the last ones to the mat (with one of them shoeless, at that).

Trivia question (to which I don't know the answer): Is this the first episode that the yielders finished last?

An Arkie Asian creation, with Foo dog images by Bob.

Serendipity 525 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

05-06-06, 01:17 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Serendipity Click to send private message to Serendipity Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Can we get rid of the Yield?"
As far as I can remember. Although Rebecca & Adam yielded Freddy & Kendra, it was at the request of Jonathan. Freddy & Kendra beat both teams to the mat and Joh/Vic were eliminated then.

mikey 1150 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

05-04-06, 04:16 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mikey Click to send private message to mikey Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Can we get rid of the Yield?"
I agree that the yield has overall been pretty worthless. But the scene in TAR 5 when Colin and Christie got yielded and the subsequent "my ox is broken" breakdown has made up for all the non-eventful yields since.

This season's yields were just stupid, strategically.

donracefan 0 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "New Member"

05-05-06, 04:04 PM (EST)
Click to EMail donracefan Click to send private message to donracefan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Can we get rid of the Yield?"
I like the yield in theory and I don't want to see it taken out. However, I am with you all that I don't think it should be on a non-elimination leg. Think about it...there's been a superleg, 2 non-eliminations, 2 yields, there will be 2 fast forwards, and 1 finale. If they space everything to where no 2 of these fall in the same night they almost have enough to give every episode a twist. In fact, they should think up another item or two so that they can add a unique twist to every leg. And while we're talking about the pointlessness of a yield on a non-elimination leg, can I just inject that I think it's just as much of a waste of a fast forward to have it on a leg where it doesn't affect the outcome either (other than who wins the sponsor prize). With one or more bunch points in every episode, it really doesn't matter who comes in first except that they are guaranteed not to be eliminated but if you have a non-elimination on a fast forward leg, it really takes away its worth. Any other thoughts on that??

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •