The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Best performances of AI 4"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences American Idol General Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

zazzy 4390 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

04-05-05, 11:40 PM (EST)
Click to EMail zazzy Click to send private message to zazzy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Best performances of AI 4"
What are the best performances for you? The ones you really remember? So far three performances have stuck with me in AI 4--the ones that I think about long after the show is over or want to hear again enough to bother rewinding the tape:

Bo singing Blood Sweat and Tears "Spinning Wheel"

Carrie singing "Alone" by Heart

and tonight: Constantine's singing "My Funny Valentine" from My Pal Joey.

I hope to be able to add to this list as the show unfolds. If Bo, Carrie, or Constantine are in the final two it would not surprise me to hear them repeat one of these early songs.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Best performances of AI 4 robyn12 04-06-05 1
 RE: Best performances of AI 4 geekboy 04-06-05 2
   RE: Best performances of AI 4 zazzy 04-06-05 3
 RE: Best performances of AI 4 Reeflex7 04-06-05 4
 RE: Best performances of AI 4 uberspoon 04-06-05 5
 RE: Best performances of AI 4 bostonrobfan 04-06-05 6
 RE: Best performances of AI 4 zazzy 04-13-05 7
   RE: Best performances of AI 4 brvnkrz 04-13-05 8
       RE: Best performances of AI 4 dragonflies 04-26-05 18
 None PhoenixMons 04-13-05 9
 RE: Best performances of AI 4 weltek 04-13-05 10
 RE: Best performances of AI 4 geekboy 04-13-05 11
   RE: Best performances of AI 4 sodiumswirl 04-14-05 12
 RE: Best performances of AI 4 Wingbob 04-14-05 13
 Top 10 performances of AI-4 lovwigglesworth 04-14-05 14
 RE: Best performances of AI 4 zazzy 04-23-05 15
   RE: Best performances of AI 4 Phil_Eagle 04-25-05 16
 RE: Best performances of AI 4 Das Mole 04-26-05 17
 RE: Best performances of AI 4 kittykat_08 04-27-05 19
 RE: Best performances of AI 4 pinay_racer 04-27-05 20
 RE: Best performances of AI 4 zazzy 05-18-05 21
   RE: Best performances of AI 4 nailbone 05-18-05 22
   RE: Best performances of AI 4 lovwigglesworth 05-18-05 23

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

robyn12 41 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

04-06-05, 01:49 AM (EST)
Click to EMail robyn12 Click to send private message to robyn12 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Best performances of AI 4"
My favorites of the season were:

Constantine
"You've Made Me So Very Happy"
"Every Little Thing She Does is Magic"

Carrie
"Alone"

Bo
"The Greatest Fan of Your Life"

geekboy 1788 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

04-06-05, 08:38 AM (EST)
Click to EMail geekboy Click to send private message to geekboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Best performances of AI 4"
The one that truly "wow-ed" me was Nadia doing "Power of Love".

Also, Whipping Post by Bo, and "Wonderful World" by Anwar.

geekboy

04-06-05, 08:48 AM (EST)
Click to EMail zazzy Click to send private message to zazzy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Best performances of AI 4"
Oh! I forgot about Whipping Post! I have that one on tape somewhere--I missed most of the program but saw a part of Bo's. We need some Bo classic rock again!

Reeflex7 187 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

04-06-05, 01:25 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Reeflex7 Click to send private message to Reeflex7 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Best performances of AI 4"
Anwar's "What a Wonderful World"
Constantine's "My Funny Valentine"
Everything by Bo, but I especially liked "Time in a Bottle"

uberspoon 173 desperate attention whore postings

04-06-05, 02:28 PM (EST)
Click to EMail uberspoon Click to send private message to uberspoon Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Best performances of AI 4"
In a season where everyone else seems to be all about the guys, it's all about the ladies for me:

Carrie's "Alone"
Nadia's "You Don't Have To Say You Love Me"
Vonzell's "Anyone Who Had A Heart"

Being a Mario fan during the prelims left me wide open in terms of who I would spend my time voting for this season. Those three performances made my mind up for me.

bostonrobfan 490 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

04-06-05, 03:02 PM (EST)
Click to EMail bostonrobfan Click to send private message to bostonrobfan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Best performances of AI 4"
Don't laugh, but I loved Constantine's "I Think I Love You." I thought it was a great updated version of a great song.

Also:

Moon River by Anwar
Time In A Bottle by Bo

04-13-05, 08:53 AM (EST)
7. "RE: Best performances of AI 4"
Constantine gets another on the list with his rendition of Bohemian Rhapsody last night.

The boy can pick the songs and he is showing us his range and diversity. Who would think that the same guy would be doing My Funny Valentine, I Think I Love you and Bohemian Rhapsody?

If anything, Constantine is playing to the record industry and doing it quite well.

I had hoped to put a Nadia song on the list. Someone help her pick songs, please!

brvnkrz 20491 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

04-13-05, 10:04 AM (EST)
Click to EMail brvnkrz Click to send private message to brvnkrz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Best performances of AI 4"
I sat back and waited for him to bomb on that song and I ended up with chills. I agree that this was one of my favorite performances of the year.

Syren rocks

dragonflies 8051 desperate attention whore postings

04-26-05, 11:44 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dragonflies Click to send private message to dragonflies Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: Best performances of AI 4"
LAST EDITED ON 04-26-05 AT 11:47 AM (EST)

Me too. He wasn't Freddy, but di a very good rendition.\

Liked Anwar's "What a wonderful world"
Carrie doing "Alone"
even liked *gasp* Scott's renditionl of "Against all Odds"

another syren masterpiece

edit cause I can't spell

PhoenixMons 4696 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Stuff Magazine Centerfold"

04-13-05, 03:52 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PhoenixMons Click to send private message to PhoenixMons Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "None"
Well, after seeing the talent this season (in comparison with past seasons), I'm surprised that I really can't pick any favorite performances. At least not from the Top 12.

I enjoyed Constantine's Bohemian Rhapsody last night, so it'll probably be one of them. I did like Carrie's rendition of Alone, but that might just be because I hadn't heard that song in ages and I LOVE that song to pieces and was just so happy ot be hearing the song itself. I'm trying to remember which Nikko performance was my favorite. I'm thinking it was one of his pre-top 12 performances. I really enjoyed David Brown's audition (one of my favorite songs: A Change is Gonna Come) more than anything else we've seen so far this season, but that probably doesn't count. But to pick the three best performances, I'd have to go back and watch it all over again...which isn't exactly an endorsement of this season's performances...

Now if you asked me this from last season, I could easily tell you my top three off the top of my head. Fantasia's Summertime and Jennifer Hudson's Circle of Life and Imagine (and just about everything else she did). Those were totally unforgettable performances. I can't really say the same of anything yet this season

Hey, I just realized that Jennifer Hudson's album should be released soon! YAY! I haven't bought a past Idol's CD yet, but I'll probably pick up Jennifer's.

Got blog?

weltek 16936 desperate attention whore postings

04-13-05, 04:12 PM (EST)
Click to EMail weltek Click to send private message to weltek Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Best performances of AI 4"
Anwar's "What a Wonderful World"
Constantine's "Bohemian Rhapsody"

I've missed a few shows though, so I'm sure I'm missing a few. I loved Scott's chorus last night on the Hall & Oats tune, but the rest was SOOOO bad.

geekboy 1788 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

04-13-05, 04:23 PM (EST)
Click to EMail geekboy Click to send private message to geekboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Best performances of AI 4"
My favorites so far are:

Bo - Whipping Post
Nadia - Power of Love
Anwar - What a Wonderful World
Constantine - Bohemian Rhapsody

Those are the ones that i think back to.

geekboy

sodiumswirl 79 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

04-14-05, 06:38 AM (EST)
Click to EMail sodiumswirl Click to send private message to sodiumswirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Best performances of AI 4"
I'd go with: -

Nadia: Try a little Tenderness / I'm the Only One
Bo: Whipping Post / I'll Be
Carrie: Could've Been
Vonzell: Best of My Love

And Nadia is now gone. And if it hadn't been her it would've been Bo. Sorrow is beside my self tonight...

p.s.
Only two of my six choices are from the actual finals. Wonder what that says about me.

Wingbob 79 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

04-14-05, 08:32 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Wingbob Click to send private message to Wingbob Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Best performances of AI 4"
Nadia - You Don't Have to Say You Love Me.

lovwigglesworth 239 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

04-14-05, 07:04 PM (EST)
Click to EMail lovwigglesworth Click to send private message to lovwigglesworth Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "Top 10 performances of AI-4"
From my opinion anyways...

10. Jessica's "Total Eclipse of the Heart"
9. Nikko's "Incomplete"
8. Nadia's "You Don't Have to Say You Love Me"
7. Bo's "I'll Be"
6. Carrie's "Alone"
5. Vonzell's "I Have Nothing"
4. Connie's "I Can't Make You Love Me"
3. Anwar's "Moonriver"
2. Bo's "Time in a Bottle"
and my personal favorite of the season so far...
1. Anwar's "What a Wonderful World"

I hope Anwar makes it to the "pick some songs you have previously sang" week (can't remember at how many left they do that) and is able to sing "What a Wonderful World" again.

04-23-05, 11:05 AM (EST)
15. "RE: Best performances of AI 4"
I liked Bo's performance this week, but I like some of his other performances better than 'Vehicle".

Phil_Eagle 10 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

04-25-05, 11:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Phil_Eagle Click to send private message to Phil_Eagle Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Best performances of AI 4"
my choices...

1. Carrie: Alone
2. Constantine: Bohemian Rhapsody
3. Scott: Against All Odds (I hate him, but I liked this performance)
4. Anwar: Wonderful World
5. Jessica: Total Eclipse of the Heart

Das Mole 2366 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Seventeen Magazine Model"

04-26-05, 08:31 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Das%20Mole Click to send private message to Das%20Mole Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: Best performances of AI 4"
I loved Nadia's performance in Week 1 of the Top 12...which BTW was the same song she sang before she got eliminated, and I thought she was stellar both times...

...If she could've sung that song every week, she'd still be here, I wager.

kittykat_08 14 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

04-27-05, 03:59 AM (EST)
Click to EMail kittykat_08 Click to send private message to kittykat_08 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: Best performances of AI 4"
1. anwar- what a wonderful world
2. anwar- moonriver
3. bo- time in a bottle

pinay_racer 122 desperate attention whore postings

04-27-05, 06:07 AM (EST)
Click to EMail pinay_racer Click to send private message to pinay_racer Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: Best performances of AI 4"
anwar's
what a wonderful world

bo's
whipping post

constantine's
my funny valentine

carrie's
could have been

05-18-05, 08:28 AM (EST)
21. "RE: Best performances of AI 4"
Wow, it has been awhile since we have had a "best".

Bo's song last night definitely qualifies as a best performance: Badlands' Within a Dream.

I liked Carrie's singing of Crying, too.

Any takers for Vonzell's Chain of Fools?

nailbone 27263 desperate attention whore postings

05-18-05, 09:25 AM (EST)
Click to EMail nailbone Click to send private message to nailbone Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: Best performances of AI 4"
Bo's song last night definitely qualifies as a best performance: Badlands' Within a Dream.

That gets my vote, too.

New from Sigs by Syren!!

Keep lookin' up, cuz that's where it all is. o-

lovwigglesworth 239 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

05-18-05, 02:04 PM (EST)
Click to EMail lovwigglesworth Click to send private message to lovwigglesworth Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "RE: Best performances of AI 4"
I'll vote for that as well;
Bo's "Within A Dream" = best performance this season.
I also like Carrie's "Crying", probably top 5.
I am so sick of "Chain of Fools"- Please someone make a rule that a song cannot be repeated for 2 seasons after a finalist sings it.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •