The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Cheaters"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Other Reality TV Shows Forum (Protected)
Original message

spartan 280 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

06-10-02, 02:31 PM (EST)
Click to EMail spartan Click to send private message to spartan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Cheaters"
Has anyone else caught this little bit of reality programming? Yikes!

How long ahs this been on the air? I saw it during a particularly bored moment this past weekend and was shocked by it. This makes Jerry Springer look respectable.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Cheaters CSHS79 06-10-02 1
 RE: Cheaters jase 06-12-02 2
 RE: Cheaters SurvivorBlows 06-12-02 3
   RE: Cheaters JeffGator 06-12-02 4
       RE: Cheaters JeffGator 06-12-02 5
   RE: Cheaters spartan 06-13-02 6

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

CSHS79 908 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

06-10-02, 03:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail CSHS79 Click to send private message to CSHS79 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Cheaters"
Not that I've ever seen it,but it comes under the category of giving the people what they want.Even Springer has scenes too hot
for tv which he uses for his videos,Too Hot for TV.Plain & simple
most things, especially on cable are on because it's what the people want or someone is paying to put it on the air.Granted it may not be your taste but it has an audience if it's on the air.

jase 187 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

06-12-02, 07:02 PM (EST)
Click to EMail jase Click to send private message to jase Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Cheaters"
Cheaters has been on for little more than two years (i think) and it's the most shocking not-on-cable show I have seen. I watch it every so often (for laughs) and I couldn't believe last week's show. I guess if you can either blur stuff or be far enough away, you can show whatever you want on tv. Apparently, it's really a successful show because, according to a piece on "Extra", they get hundreds of calls, letters, etc...every week from people who want to be on the show.

SurvivorBlows 15230 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

06-12-02, 07:04 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivorBlows Click to send private message to SurvivorBlows Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Cheaters"
Can someone explain the plot or premise of the show to the rest of us who've never seen it before? Thanks.

JeffGator 1401 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

06-12-02, 07:33 PM (EST)
Click to EMail JeffGator Click to send private message to JeffGator Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Cheaters"
SB, actually it's funny--the first time I heard about it was on the Maury Povich show the other day. I've never actually seen it, but I do now know the basic concept of the show.

What is "Cheaters?

"According to the producers, "Cheaters chronicles inspirational stories of humankind." Uh yeah. "Cheaters" chronicles human misery by profiling the lowest members of our society, people you wouldn't want to have sitting next to you on the bus. Guys and gals who for whatever reason, cannot keep their pants on when their lovers aren't around.

The set-up goes like this. First, the viewer is introduced to this week's client, the person who has gone to the show for help. The client already has reason to suspect that their lover has strayed, and has turned to "Cheaters" for confirmation. They probably feel that embarrassing themselves on national tv is better than simply sitting down with their lover and having a heart-to-heart talk.

Then, the investigation begins. Using grainy, dark, and sometimes dizzying footage that would make even the biggest "Blair Witch" fan hurl his cookies, we're shown the suspects doing exactly what the title suggests, whether it be dining out with someone new, walking hand-in-hand through a moonlit park, or doing the nasty in a Bojangles parking lot at the height of lunch hour.

Once the investigators have enough damaging video, they turn it over to the show's host, wannabe actor turned reality show host Tommy Grand. Tommy shows the footage to the client, and once he's got them thoroughly ticked off, he calmly asks if they'd like to go see their lover. (Of course, Tommy waits until the client's lover is in a compromising position, so that they can be literally caught with their pants down.) Tommy and his crew drive the client off for the inevitable confrontation.

Now comes the good part. Joe Cheater will be strolling out of a bar with his floozy of the night, when his wife and 50 camera people surprise him. Sorry buddy, you ain't on "Candid Camera." This is real.

At first, the cheaters always deny any improprieties. And sometimes, even after Tommy has shown them the same footage, they still deny it. "Nah, that's my twin," one helpless fool once told his wife. But inevitably, they all come clean. Some will take up Tommy's offer for free counseling, but not many. The victim in each story always appears strong, stating on camera that they are through with their lovers and it's time to kick them to the curb. But 9 out of 10 times, the couples stay together. Makes you wonder why they called the show in the first place.

http://www.cheatingisfun.150m.com/Show.htm

Here is the official website: http://www.cheaters.com/

Apparently it is a syndicated show. Find out what station and what time it comes on in your city at this site: http://www.cheaters.com/airtimes.cfm
I couldn't find my city, but then again I didn't really try too hard.

JeffGator 1401 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

06-12-02, 07:35 PM (EST)
Click to EMail JeffGator Click to send private message to JeffGator Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Cheaters"
Actually this is a better site to find when and where it is on:
http://www.cheatingisfun.150m.com/Air.htm

And it apparently doesn't even air in Gainesville. But I think I'll get over it.

spartan 280 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

06-13-02, 02:38 PM (EST)
Click to EMail spartan Click to send private message to spartan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Cheaters"
To add to what Jeff said, this is what I saw the 1 time I watched it.

A girl calls the show because she thinks her b/f is cheating on her. Producers set up hidden camera in their house and tail b/f. Then the really slimy host (this guy makes a snake look respectable) brings the girl to a restaraunt and shows her the videotape they collected. On it, we see the b/f and his new frined in a wide variety of vaguely blurred sexual positions and acts. The girl is understably shocked as the host keeps drawing her attention to the details while repeatedly saying "oh, this is terrible, you shouldn't have to see this. Oh wait... did you see what she just did there?" Finally, he turns off the video and tells her theat the b/f and new girl will be coming out of the restaraunt at any minute. Setup major confrontation which, if it any point seems to be dying off, is re-ignited by inflammatory statement by slimy host. End of episode.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •