The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Cheaters on UPN/FOX"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Other Reality TV Shows Forum (Protected)
Original message

ladro 1168 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

06-12-05, 11:53 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ladro Click to send private message to ladro Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Cheaters on UPN/FOX"
Anyone seen this show? Cheaters is on UPN on Sunday nights where I live. I have read that it is on FOX at odd times in some markets.

Anyway... The show is: a team of 'investigators' follows a suspected 'cheater' (girl friend/boy friend/etc...) around the city (it is always a big city, the promos seem to indicate that it is national, but I have my doubts, the mailing address is in Dallas) and films them having romantic encounters in public places (how convenient), then confronts them with the 'victim'.

I have seen parts of two different epsidoes now. I have large doubts that most of these couples are real. This strikes me as a kind of a high tech Jerry Springer show. The women in the show are always just a little too attractive, well groomed, extroverted, confrontational, and melodramatic (yet no tears) to be believed. But most importantly they are too willing to have their dirty laundry aired on TV. I'm not believing it.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Cheaters on UPN/FOX foonermints 06-13-05 1
   RE: Cheaters on UPN/FOX universityofkentuckyrocks 06-13-05 2
 RE: Cheaters on UPN/FOX Fishercat 06-13-05 3
   RE: Cheaters on UPN/FOX seahorse 06-14-05 4
       RE: Cheaters on UPN/FOX Seana 06-15-05 8
           RE: Cheaters on UPN/FOX seahorse 06-17-05 12
   RE: Cheaters on UPN/FOX ladro 06-17-05 10
       RE: Cheaters on UPN/FOX frankz 06-17-05 11
           RE: Cheaters on UPN/FOX ladro 06-17-05 13
               RE: Cheaters on UPN/FOX frankz 06-18-05 14
 RE: Cheaters on UPN/FOX angelworth29 06-14-05 5
   RE: Cheaters on UPN/FOX seahorse 06-14-05 6
       RE: Cheaters on UPN/FOX uglier than sarah w 06-15-05 7
 RE: Cheaters on UPN/FOX frankz 06-16-05 9

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

foonermints 14531 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

06-13-05, 11:41 AM (EST)
Click to EMail foonermints Click to send private message to foonermints Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Cheaters on UPN/FOX"
I've caught this on Fox. The "Open Air" Jerry Springer show! Why on Earth would ANYONE let them use their name and face if they were the one cheating? Tell all the world you are a miserable, unreliable LIAR? Pretty suspect.

Handcrafted by RollDice
Then again, the slots for Jerry, Maury, ad naseum will eventually open up. Good to have high aspirations.

universityofkentuckyrocks 2575 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

06-13-05, 10:44 PM (EST)
Click to EMail universityofkentuckyrocks Click to send private message to universityofkentuckyrocks Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Cheaters on UPN/FOX"
Its on at 1:00 PM everyday in Louisville Ky.

Fishercat 4168 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

06-13-05, 10:47 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Fishercat Click to send private message to Fishercat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Cheaters on UPN/FOX"
The host got stabbed once by a guy on a boat that he caught cheating. It was on that VH1 show. If he would get stabbed for ratings...wow.

A generous Icecat donation
I'm airing it out.

seahorse 14337 desperate attention whore postings

06-14-05, 04:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail seahorse Click to send private message to seahorse Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Cheaters on UPN/FOX"
I think that was a previous host.

Handcrafted by RollDdice

Seana 5044 desperate attention whore postings

06-15-05, 03:50 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Seana Click to send private message to Seana Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Cheaters on UPN/FOX"
Is that what happened to him?

I guess I have to admit I used to watch this show a couple years ago. I imagine that it's easier to get hotter "contestants" when the show has a bit of a following. In the beginning, the people were all non-thin and um, not conventionally attractive.

I think they ran out of real people. The first episode I ever saw involved a husky professional poker player and his wife of 30 years (maybe wrong with the time married). The next few episodes showed people who actually had a life together. Then they started with the people who've "been together" for 3 months.

I don't watch anymore. It used to have a bit of compassion. Now it's just the show you go on to get someone back. Meh.

They are sponsored here by a website for people who want to cheat on their spouse/lover. How's that for irony?

06-17-05, 12:45 PM (EST)
Click to EMail seahorse Click to send private message to seahorse Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Cheaters on UPN/FOX"
I see it from time to time. It is a fun way to spend a half-hour.

Handcrafted by RollDdice

06-17-05, 00:37 AM (EST)
Click to EMail ladro Click to send private message to ladro Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Cheaters on UPN/FOX"
LAST EDITED ON 06-17-05 AT 01:21 AM (EST)

I am not saying every episode is a fraud. I am not even saying that the producers need to organize the fraud most of the time. Like on the Springer show, there are no shortage of wantbe actors or wantabe on TV people,or just people that want to make a few thousand dollars, that will make up some outrageous senario, call the producer's hotline, then play act some script when the cameras are on (with out the producers ever knowing about the act).

ETA: I also doubt that the Host was really stabbed. I am of the school of thought that thinks that if a national TV host got stabbed during a show then that would have been reported in the general media as a significant news story. But there is no direct reporting of the stabbing in any reputable media source, nor is the stabbers name mentioned anywhere that I can find. Other posts on the web have detailed many abnormalities that make the stabbing shw highly suspect, such as why were no police on hand?.

frankz 1214 desperate attention whore postings

06-17-05, 08:41 AM (EST)
Click to EMail frankz Click to send private message to frankz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Cheaters on UPN/FOX"
Uh, this is hardly a national TV show. Would imagine it has less than a .01 share. And who ever heard of the host anyway?
But, you would think, that somewhere in the 1's and 0's of the internet world that somebody would have mentioned it, at least once, in passing. Yeah, I kinda doubt it too. A bad attempt at publicity. If a tree falls in the forest and there is no one there, does it make a sound?

06-17-05, 11:21 PM (EST)
13. "RE: Cheaters on UPN/FOX"
I don't doubt the ratings are low. But it is a National show. The website lists air times in every State (some, such as Rhode Island) are covered by broadcasts in neihboring cities.

06-18-05, 08:15 AM (EST)
Click to EMail frankz Click to send private message to frankz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Cheaters on UPN/FOX"
You're right, but what I was trying to say was while it may be aired in all states it's not viewed.
I remember when it was just a local show and it hasn't changed much. But it's not on here so haven't seen it in a few years.

angelworth29 532 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

06-14-05, 07:33 PM (EST)
Click to EMail angelworth29 Click to send private message to angelworth29 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Cheaters on UPN/FOX"
I think that if they find out your boy\girlfriend is cheating, you have to let them air it or you have to pay for the "investigation." As far as the cheater and the "other man\woman go, I believe they are payed something like $5,000 to let them show their faces.

06-14-05, 07:52 PM (EST)
6. "RE: Cheaters on UPN/FOX"
I believe they are payed something like $5,000 to let them show their faces.

Still their faces are sometimes hidden. I guess not everyone takes the money.

uglier than sarah w 303 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

06-15-05, 12:57 PM (EST)
Click to EMail uglier%20than%20sarah%20w Click to send private message to uglier%20than%20sarah%20w Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Cheaters on UPN/FOX"
It's awesome...my dad and I used to watch it on Sunday afternoons at like 2pm...I love how the host acts so righteous and moral,like he's the Jesus or something to save people--makes sense someone stabbed him... weird show. but again, I can't turn it off.

06-16-05, 00:11 AM (EST)
9. "RE: Cheaters on UPN/FOX"
As far as I know it is filmed exclusively in Dallas. Haven’t seen it in a couple of years (not on here) but when I did watch I recognized every place they were at, all in Dallas.
The old host was better IMO, much more self rightous and indignated about the whole thing. He used to browbeat the „victims“ to make something out of nothing.

„Ok, I hate to show you this but I have to. Look at them, they are talking TO EACH OTHER!!! You should be outraged! He’s cheating on you. Don’t you want to do something about it?

A fun show, I thought. Miss it.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •