The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Burnout"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Amazing Race Basher Forum (Protected)
Original message

realitybites 1174 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

04-27-06, 04:36 PM (EST)
Click to EMail realitybites Click to send private message to realitybites Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Burnout"
I don't know what it is about this race, but I just cannot get very excited about it for some reason. I didn't think TAR8 was all that horrible (it was, IMO, better than TAR6), so that's probably not the complete cause. It does seem fairly likely that one of the male-male teams will win, unless one of the couples gets their act together. They've definitely gone overboard with the needle-in-a-haystack challenge, and many of the other tasks are rehashes of things that have already been tried.

Perhaps I'd be more excited if there were only one race per season. Or perhaps I'll gain some enthusiasm while the race is off for a few months this summer.

I'm realitybites and I approved this post.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Burnout Cygnus X1 04-27-06 1
 RE: Burnout CouchTater 04-27-06 2
 RE: Burnout Denalio 04-27-06 3
 RE: Burnout warp_core breach 04-27-06 4
 RE: Burnout Max Headroom 04-28-06 5
   RE: Burnout BOYmeetsREALITY 04-28-06 6
 RE: Burnout DeltaPin 04-30-06 7
 RE: Burnout svk 05-01-06 8
 RE: Burnout Sahara 05-01-06 9

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Cygnus X1 7505 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

04-27-06, 06:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Cygnus%20X1 Click to send private message to Cygnus%20X1 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Burnout"
I agree. This might earn me a *whack* from Estee, but the interplay of the teams was much better in TARFE, although the tasks have been lame in both. But this bunch overall isn't making for compelling television, and that would be the case even if Flake and Michelle were still in it.

Better than I deserve. So's this sig by tribephyl.

CouchTater 1046 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

04-27-06, 06:38 PM (EST)
Click to EMail CouchTater Click to send private message to CouchTater Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Burnout"
I'm starting to feel the same way. There is no one on this race that I'm really excited about and rooting for, nor is there anyone that I hate enough to really chat about,like the Weavers last season.

It's just rather meh this season. I didn't even like the "old" people this season. I also would like that they come up with some new rules or challenges instead of the same old, same old.

Denalio 904 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

04-27-06, 06:48 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Denalio Click to send private message to Denalio Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Burnout"

My main problem with this season is the Frat Boys winning leg after leg after leg after leg after *yawn* leg....

I say, no more all male teams unless they are both either over age 50 or at least both 100 pounds overweight!

Fondly remembering the call of "Swing, you fat bastard, swing!"

warp_core breach 469 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

04-27-06, 08:03 PM (EST)
Click to EMail warp_core%20breach Click to send private message to warp_core%20breach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Burnout"
LAST EDITED ON 04-27-06 AT 08:04 PM (EST)

I haven't minded the show so far, but this episode was the worst. BORING!! Yes, the search tasks are getting old. The tasks in this leg were not challenging or exciting at all. Oooh, let's drag bushes across the beach or dive for two crayfish - this task took, what, 2 minutes to complete? Then lets run around a prison, look for a flashlight and batteries, go in a tunnel and get your clue. And then who gets to the pit stop first again? Blech!!

Siggie courtesy of Seana

Max Headroom 10069 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

04-28-06, 08:26 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Max%20Headroom Click to send private message to Max%20Headroom Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Burnout"
Even though I'm enjoying this season, I agree that it has been a bit stale. The teams aren't as interesting as in seasons past, and most of the tasks are repeats of previous ideas. My list of things to improve for TAR 10:

No alpha-male teams. Was anyone surprised when the two alpha-male teams finished 1-2 for several legs in a row?

Cast stronger teams. Before this race started, it was obvious that 6 of the 11 teams had no real chance to win. Teams like the Glamazons, Double D, and Geek Squared may add human interest, but they are guaranteed non-winners and the only suspense is the Philimination order of the weak teams.

Come up with tougher tasks. BvM and Elise should watch the DVDs of TAR 1 a few times and come up with more challenging tasks like they had that season. Not all tasks should be difficult, but more of them need to be.

Use the Fast Forward and Yield more. A FF every episode was too many, but having 2 for the entire race isn't enough. Same goes for the Yield. And let's skip the Yields on non-elim legs, ok?

Resist the urge to do an All-Star season. Part of what makes TAR tick is the interpersonal dynamics within teams and between teams. Bringing back prior racers would remove much of that, leaving us with teams who know each others' reputations and skills. Survivor All-Stars was a dud; let's not repeat that mistake.

Continue to visit out-of-the-way places. I enjoy the travelogue aspects of TAR very much and hope they continue to go interesting places. For example, I doubt I will ever go to Oman, but at least I saw a little of it while watching TAR.

Put TAR in an earlier time slot, and leave it there for the whole season. 10 pm is too late for this family-friendly show, and moving it around didn't help much. At least CBS didn't run it against American Idol...

BOYmeetsREALITY 308 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

04-28-06, 09:50 AM (EST)
Click to EMail BOYmeetsREALITY Click to send private message to BOYmeetsREALITY Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Burnout"
>Cast stronger teams.

I agree with most your post, but offer this alternative to the proposal above about stronger teams.

I say...CAST ALL WEAKER TEAMS!!! HAHA!

Before the idea is dismissed, let's think about it...a season with all "GEEK SQUARED" teams might be fun to watch.

Building on that, why not just present them with situations and have the TEAMS figure out the challenges. Kinda like MCgyver! HAHA! "Here is a matchstick, a stop watch, and a box of crackers. Now get you and your partner through the Temple of Doom and over the crocodile infested swamp and make yourself a nice sweater out of palm leaves. First team to the pit stop in their new outfit wins!"

DeltaPin 55 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

04-30-06, 11:14 PM (EST)
Click to EMail DeltaPin Click to send private message to DeltaPin Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Burnout"
Eliminate "tour guides"

When the first couple of teams did it seasons ago it was unique. Now it seems whenever the teams are dropped into an exotic location, the first thing they do is grab a local to show them everything. Maybe the past few seasons more than this one, but annoying none the else. Ask for direction, but that's it. One of the funny aspects of the show is seeing how the teams react when they are lost in the middle of nowhere.

svk 22 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

05-01-06, 08:16 AM (EST)
Click to EMail svk Click to send private message to svk Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Burnout"
No more "catch flight on <product placement> airline"

Let the teams decide the best way to get to the next destination.

Sahara 759 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

05-01-06, 11:29 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Sahara Click to send private message to Sahara Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Burnout"
I taped the race since I couldn't watch this last week. I excitedly turned it on ASAP, and missed most of the middle because I fell asleep. So I chalked it up to being late at night and tired and tried again on Friday. Well, guess what....fell asleep again! I decided to try again, but changed my mind when I realized I didn't really care.

So I guess that is a big clue that this race is boring me...where is the pizazz?

AF 2006

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •