The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"It's Official"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Bachelor / The Bachelorette Forum (Protected)
Original message

Elaine0 1507 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

03-07-06, 01:32 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Elaine0 Click to send private message to Elaine0 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"It's Official"
In case you didn't hear, the two of them finally made it official that they are no longer together. As usual they blame the breakup on the long separation, but will remain friends.

Like there was ever a chance of anything else between them.

http://www.tennessean.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060307/ENTERTAINMENT12/603070351

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: It's Official KScott 03-07-06 1
 RE: It's Official CattyChat 03-07-06 2
 RE: It's Official tigereye 03-07-06 3
 RE: It's Official Penelope Le Pew 03-07-06 4
   RE: It's Official sharebear18_2000 03-07-06 5
       RE: It's Official Met80 03-08-06 6
           RE: It's Official Layla 03-08-06 7
               RE: It's Official tigereye 03-10-06 12
 RE: It's Official byoffer 03-08-06 8
   RE: It's Official Wacko Jacko 03-09-06 9
       RE: It's Official Snidget 03-09-06 10
           RE: It's Official Wacko Jacko 03-09-06 11
               RE: It's Official Creanie 03-10-06 13
                   RE: It's Official Met80 03-11-06 14
                   RE: It's Official KScott 03-11-06 15
                       RE: It's Official Snidget 03-13-06 17
 RE: It's Official Thewiseowl 03-13-06 16
   RE: It's Official sharnina 03-13-06 18

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

KScott 3265 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

03-07-06, 01:53 PM (EST)
Click to EMail KScott Click to send private message to KScott Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: It's Official"
Well, another one bites the dust!

I got Bobbed
A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but a true friend will be sitting next to you saying, "Damn... that was fun!"

CattyChat 3379 desperate attention whore postings

03-07-06, 02:53 PM (EST)
Click to EMail CattyChat Click to send private message to CattyChat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: It's Official"
Boy, was I way off base. I predicted he'd pick the "safe choice" Sarah and 2 months after the finale the "we're just friends" statement would be announced.

Like no one saw that coming from an Atlantic Ocean away

tigereye 43 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

03-07-06, 03:43 PM (EST)
Click to EMail tigereye Click to send private message to tigereye Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: It's Official"
I was really hoping they'd stay together... bummer!

You can like the life you're living, you can live the life you like - Chicago

Penelope Le Pew 2031 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

03-07-06, 03:45 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Penelope%20Le%20Pew Click to send private message to Penelope%20Le%20Pew Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: It's Official"
I just saw that too at http://jam.canoe.ca/Television/2006/03/07/1476882-ap.html

Wasted my time watching this show! geez.

sharebear18_2000 106 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

03-07-06, 04:26 PM (EST)
Click to EMail sharebear18_2000 Click to send private message to sharebear18_2000 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: It's Official"
Not surprised at all. I'm just wondering when people will figure out the whole scam of this ridiculous show.

Yawns

Official RTVW SO Boards Brown Noser since January 2006

Met80 6 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

03-08-06, 08:04 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Met80 Click to send private message to Met80 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: It's Official"
It cracks up me up that they act like the few months apart after the show is what did in their relationship. I am sorry, but if they were really and truly in love with each other like they thought they were then a few months apart is nothing.

Layla 45 desperate attention whore postings

03-08-06, 10:33 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Layla Click to send private message to Layla Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: It's Official"
I am sorry, but if they were really and truly in love with each other like they thought they were then a few months apart is nothing.

I agree. They didn't break up because they never were. The whole Travis/Sarah pairing was a SHAM cooked up by the producers. Okay, I watched the show, so I guess that's all they care about, but I think we should all write to the show with our complaints/suggestions. I want to see the real thing, not Hollywood's idea of a fake romance. I'm so disguested! And I'm still angry at their treatment of Moana. They better do something to make it up to her!! I have watched this show many times before and never felt so bad at the end. The poor girl not only ended up with a broken heart, her whole family was made to look bad.

tigereye 43 desperate attention whore postings

03-10-06, 10:27 AM (EST)
Click to EMail tigereye Click to send private message to tigereye Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: It's Official"
I wouldn't feel too bad for Moana Layla. Bachalorette anyone?

You can like the life you're living, you can live the life you like - Chicago

byoffer 15947 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

03-08-06, 02:24 PM (EST)
Click to EMail byoffer Click to send private message to byoffer Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: It's Official"
Okay, so what happens now when they meet at the grocery store? That would be interesting to see. Or heaven forbid she gets injured and has to visit his emergency room. If their relationship is such that they aren't continuing to "play doctor" for fun, wouldn't it be weird doing it for real?

Sig by me. Wish the rider was me!
Anyone else picturing the scene from Grey's Anatomy with Bailey and Meredith after the poison oak, and how weird this would be for Travis and Sarah??

Wacko Jacko 2438 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Seventeen Magazine Model"

03-09-06, 01:27 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Wacko%20Jacko Click to send private message to Wacko%20Jacko Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: It's Official"
Yes, it is Official. I am done with this show. Each season I have cut more and more back, but I will not waste my time even fror 5 minutes from here on out. But who knows maybe the show is also officially over.

I agree if they were truly in love than 4 months would be nothing, but also why do they wait 4 freakin months to air this stuff.....it is cruel to the contestents and I feel that the people making the show only care about the dollars......I suppose someone should follow this up with a big DUH!

Snidget 44369 desperate attention whore postings

03-09-06, 01:44 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: It's Official"
but also why do they wait 4 freakin months to air this stuff

Part of it is they film the whole thing so they know who the winner is when the edit all the shows. Better to creat the story arcs right when you know how it ends.

So they will have to be apart for the time it takes to edit that much film down to a few hours then they have however many weeks the show runs.

I think it is hard to believe that any of them ever find "true love" during the show. I think most of the time they tend to fall in love with the romance of the show and the wonderful places they go on dates and not with the person. They don't spend enough time with anyone to know if the feelings are real.

After all how many Hollywood romances where they got married after 6-8 dates last more than 4 months. The whirlwind can make people feel that something is real. When they have a chance to look at things in the stark light of reality they realize it was just the circumstances and not the person that drove the feelings.

Wacko Jacko 2438 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Seventeen Magazine Model"

03-09-06, 03:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Wacko%20Jacko Click to send private message to Wacko%20Jacko Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: It's Official"
They don't have to get married but I wish these people would at least give things a chance. In this case, they didn't even make it through the time the show was running on the air. It makes every episode of the season pointless, it makes the girl bawling her eyeballs out pointless. The whole thing is pointless if the people don't even care to make an effort. I am done.

Creanie 59 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

03-10-06, 11:24 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Creanie Click to send private message to Creanie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: It's Official"
I agree. I wasted so much time watching this stupid show and thinking Travis was such a solid guy, and she was such a perfect match for him, this relationship would surely have a chance! I thought exactly the same thing about the four-month separation being the reason for the breakup -- if they loved or even were strongly attracted to each other, that would be nothing. Didn't they talk on the phone during that time? Just sounds bizarre, something else is going on we don't know about.

If ABC dares to put on this show again, they can't possibly expect anyone to take it seriously. I for sure won't be watching.

Met80 6 desperate attention whore postings

03-11-06, 00:19 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Met80 Click to send private message to Met80 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: It's Official"
I think the the real reason why most of these Bachelor/ette relationships don't work out is because I don't think the majority of people who went on this show really wanted to find love in the first place.

They probably just thought, "Wheee, here is my 15 minutes of fame!" and tried out for the show.

Think about this -- if you are single nowadays, why the hell would you have to go on a TV show to find love? There's websites upon websites where you could post a personal ad. You could post a personal ad in a newspaper or magazine. You could try chat rooms, talk rooms over the phone, etc.

There are so many other ways to meet people nowadays, even if you throw out the whole "I am so sick of the bar scene" line.

These people, in my humble opinion, are just after a few minutes, not love.

KScott 3265 desperate attention whore postings

03-11-06, 00:41 AM (EST)
Click to EMail KScott Click to send private message to KScott Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: It's Official"
I haven't taken this show seriously in a loooong time!

I got Bobbed
A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but a true friend will be sitting next to you saying, "Damn... that was fun!"

Snidget 44369 desperate attention whore postings

03-13-06, 08:57 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: It's Official"
I'm always shocked when any of these TV show relationships end up working out. Also cynical enough to believe that the producers really don't care if there really is a long-term relationship created out of the show.

It just doesn't make sense to me that people will find true or lasting love on one of these shows. It is a nice fantasy that somehow something real will form under such circumstances. I can see how these shows create the heightened emotions that make good television and people think they feel something real. Once people get out of the highly manufactured enviroment of the show stark reality crashes in and I think most of the realize that under any sort of normal circumstances this is not the person they would have ended up with.

Once in awhile the truely shocking thing happens and someone does find someone to spend their life with, but I never watched any of these shows with the expectation that what they had during the show would last once they re-entered real life.

Imaginary friends by Bob!

Thewiseowl 3 desperate attention whore postings

03-13-06, 04:15 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Thewiseowl Click to send private message to Thewiseowl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: It's Official"
Hey,
this is a man's world
all men secretly want to be Mormons and have more than one woman. Imagine someone paying for all your expensive dates and "officially" giving you a public excuse to be with many women at one time!!!
a man's fantasy but not reality

sharnina 3083 desperate attention whore postings

03-13-06, 11:54 AM (EST)
Click to EMail sharnina Click to send private message to sharnina Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: It's Official"
Yep, and that's one thing about this show that bugs me.

And not all men want to be Mormons - only the piggy ones.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •