The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Camille shouldn't be a finalist"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences American Idol Individual Contestant and Judge Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

bystander 4968 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Stuff Magazine Centerfold"

02-20-04, 12:46 PM (EST)
Click to EMail bystander Click to send private message to bystander Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Camille shouldn't be a finalist"
Did anyone notice how blatently the judges try to lead the audience to vote for the contestants they like? Based on performance, Camille shouldn't have even been in the top three on Tuesday. She sang out of key and off tempo. What's up with that? Simon told her she was the best performance of the night??? I must have been watching a difference episode. Although most of them just plain old sucked, she was no superstar either. They told Matt he was awful when at least he sang on key. They obviously don't like Matt even though he's half decent.

The sad thing is that there were at lease 2 others on the first episode that sang better than all 8 on the second episode and they most likely won't get to be finalists.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Camille shouldn't be a finalist pmspml5 02-20-04 1
 RE: Camille shouldn't be a finalist BennyBoy 02-20-04 2
 RE: Camille shouldn't be a finalist StarryLuna 02-20-04 3
   RE: Camille shouldn't be a finalist JonathanValjean 02-21-04 4
       RE: Camille shouldn't be a finalist rulesr4losers 02-25-04 5
           RE: Camille shouldn't be a finalist managerr 02-25-04 7
           Why Not? KATZENJAMMER KID 03-10-04 10
 RE: Camille shouldn't be a finalist rulesr4losers 02-25-04 6
 RE: Camille shouldn't be a finalist 712 02-25-04 8
 RE: Camille shouldn't be a finalist Jethro 02-25-04 9
 RE: Camille shouldn't be a finalist angelworth29 03-10-04 11
   RE: Camille shouldn't be a finalist geg6 03-11-04 15
   RE: Camille shouldn't be a finalist rulesr4losers 03-11-04 16
 RE: Camille shouldn't be a finalist 1simplyme 03-10-04 12
   RE: Camille shouldn't be a finalist rulesr4losers 03-11-04 19
 It's about diversity Joyful 03-10-04 13
   RE: It's about diversity rulesr4losers 03-11-04 17
 RE: Camille shouldn't be a finalist... bystander 03-11-04 14
   RE: Camille shouldn't be a finalist... rulesr4losers 03-11-04 18
       RE: Camille shouldn't be a finalist... bystander 03-12-04 20
 RE: Camille shouldn't be a finalist managerr 03-12-04 21

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

pmspml5 3263 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

02-20-04, 01:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail pmspml5 Click to send private message to pmspml5 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Camille shouldn't be a finalist"
Ok - Simon put Carmen Rasputin in the final 12 - Nough said I truely think the guy is tone deaf.

BennyBoy 374 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

02-20-04, 04:50 PM (EST)
Click to EMail BennyBoy Click to send private message to BennyBoy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Camille shouldn't be a finalist"
Compared to the ass clown, Matt, Camille is an ok finalist. Simon likes her because she is attractive, so in a group of a bunch of people who can't sing, do you pick the ugly or the attractive...agree that the others (Lisa) should have been selected.

StarryLuna 4771 desperate attention whore postings

02-20-04, 09:11 PM (EST)
Click to EMail StarryLuna Click to send private message to StarryLuna Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Camille shouldn't be a finalist"
Simon has admitted that he makes his comments based on who he wants to see move on, in an attempt to sway the audience vote. It happened last year in the final three. Simon admitted that KLo outsang Clay and Reuben, but he held back on his comments for her because he wanted Reuben in the final two (I think he knew that Clay was unstoppable.)

JonathanValjean 25 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

02-21-04, 01:07 AM (EST)
Click to EMail JonathanValjean Click to send private message to JonathanValjean Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Camille shouldn't be a finalist"
I disagree. Although Camille didn't have her best performance that night, I think her voice has a beautiful, rich timbre, and that she has great potential.

rulesr4losers 89 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

02-25-04, 09:23 AM (EST)
Click to EMail rulesr4losers Click to send private message to rulesr4losers Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Camille shouldn't be a finalist"
> Although Camille didn't
>have her best performance that
>night,

Enough said, thats what this competition is all about. When you get to the final 32 you have to step it up. Camille didn't do that, so she shouldn't have moved on. You could tell by her look on her face after she got done singing, that she was ready to pack her bags and go home. Then a miracle happened. All the judjes praised her. Then the people who voted, forgot how cruddy she sang.

Since they had auditions in Hawaii, they figured they should get 1 in the final 12. Theres no other explanation I can think of. Somebody more deserving is gonna be left out and thats the sad truth.

managerr 1959 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

02-25-04, 10:47 AM (EST)
Click to EMail managerr Click to send private message to managerr Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Camille shouldn't be a finalist"
The "anointed one" to come out of Hawaii is supposed to be Jasmine. So the fact that they were praising Camille was a huge shock to me. I still think she waas #2 in her group. (Again, that's not saying much)

KATZENJAMMER KID 33 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

03-10-04, 01:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail KATZENJAMMER%20KID Click to send private message to KATZENJAMMER%20KID Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "Why Not?"
“You could tell by her look on her face after she got done singing, that she was ready to pack her bags and go home.”

Really? If that had been her demeanor since the beginning, then she would have quit long ago. Instead she went through with it and tries to overcome her personal challenges one at a time. Admittedly she needs more ‘ooomph’ and confidence in her performance, but IMHO she is like a diamond-in-the-rough that merely needs a gradual polish. At least she seems genuine – unlike those who rely on gimmicks, are rude, and blatantly put on an ‘act’ just to be noticed.

I don’t particularly like watching the repeat performances of the newly-added finalists. That’s because it usually becomes a mediocre version of what they did during the contest proper. If you look back, the same thing happened with Diana. So for those who only got to watch the latter performance – no wonder you were shocked with the results!

Camille was obviously overwhelmed for being chosen as finalist by desperately trying to hold back tears of joy before and during her repeat performance. The song “One Last Cry” was certainly apt for the moment! lol

AI episodes are aired approximately 2 weeks later on cable here in South East Asia. No fun reading in the papers ahead of time who won. Bummer!

02-25-04, 09:29 AM (EST)
Click to EMail rulesr4losers Click to send private message to rulesr4losers Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Camille shouldn't be a finalist"

>The sad thing is that there
>were at lease 2 others
>on the first episode that
>sang better than all 8
>on the second episode and
>they most likely won't get
>to be finalists.

There were at least another four last night that sang better than all eight from last weeks episode.

712 356 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

02-25-04, 12:16 PM (EST)
Click to EMail 712 Click to send private message to 712 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Camille shouldn't be a finalist"
<i>Did anyone notice how blatently the judges try to lead the audience to vote for the contestants they like?</i>

Umm... isn't that kind of the point of having judges? What else can they do besides lobby for their top picks? They don't have any real power in these later rounds (except on wild card night). Why bother having judges at all if they're not going to help us see reasons to and reasons not to vote for the contestants?

Jethro 11 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

02-25-04, 03:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Jethro Click to send private message to Jethro Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Camille shouldn't be a finalist"
When I first watched it, I thought she was one of the best two of the night. After reviewing the episode again, I think she was not the second best singer, but maybe the 3rd or even 4th best. Of all 24 contestants I've seen, I'd put her maybe around the middle - certainly not in the top 6! Her voice seemed shaky and she seemed scared. And she's going to have to learn to stop bawling if she plans on making it into the top 10 (yeah she's in the top 12, but so far she's looking like #11 or 12)...

Almost anyone from group 1 or 3 could have beaten the two chosen from group 2.

Simon has to be careful how much praise he gives a contestant. Remember Christina Christian from Season 1? I still think she got booted because people were tired of Simon's praise.

angelworth29 532 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

03-10-04, 01:35 PM (EST)
Click to EMail angelworth29 Click to send private message to angelworth29 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Camille shouldn't be a finalist"
I read a couple of weeks ago, before the first episode aired that "they" were looking for a soulful girl singer (a Mariah Carey type) this year. Notice how the judges will always praise all the soulful female singers. The contest might as well be rigged. Last year they wanted Reuben to win and he did.

geg6 14941 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

03-11-04, 03:43 PM (EST)
Click to EMail geg6 Click to send private message to geg6 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Camille shouldn't be a finalist"
First, let me say that Mariah Carey might be one of the worst people in popular music today. Along with Celine Dion and *horrors* Britney Spears. Not an ounce of soul if you melted them all down and poured them all together. If this is what these brain dead idiots (along with the American public) think is soul, then I have to quit watching this show. I only watched last year's all the way through, but that was on the strength of the top three finishers and their competition within the competition. There is absolutely noone from this bunch of losers who is fit to lick the boots of Clay, KimL, or (even though I still don't really like him) Reuben. I thought this show was about singing and not looks and was about America choosing the AI and not the producers or judges. The best singers are not in this bunch (because many of them didn't make it past the final 32), with a few exceptions. And the exceptions are only there because America picked them, not these dimwit judges. If the powers that be on this show want soulful, they better get a clue as to what that is. I say that we lock them in a room for a week or two listening to Aretha, Marvin, Smokey, the Supremes, the Temptations, and a few others so they actually know what soul is. Then we'd see an end to the Leahs, Camilles, etc.

Okay, sorry, rant over. Go on with your business.

03-11-04, 03:57 PM (EST)
16. "RE: Camille shouldn't be a finalist"
> Last year they wanted Reuben to win and he did.

They wanted Fat Albert and they got him. He has ABSOLUTELY no personality. He just stands up on stage with that dorky smile on his face. Hes got a decent voice, but hes not MY American Idol.

1simplyme 55 desperate attention whore postings

03-10-04, 01:53 PM (EST)
Click to EMail 1simplyme Click to send private message to 1simplyme Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Camille shouldn't be a finalist"

My favorites are: Latoya London, Jennifer Hudson, George Huff,and Fantasia. In my opinion, Matthew Metzger should have never made it past the front door, I'm sorry but the guy can't sing. I know a good voice when I hear one. So far I haven't been very impressed with this years contestants. Latoya, Jennifer, George and Fantasia show great potential. We'll just have to wait and see what happens.

03-11-04, 04:23 PM (EST)
19. "RE: Camille shouldn't be a finalist"
>
>My favorites are: Latoya London, Jennifer
>Hudson, George Huff,and Fantasia.
>In my opinion, Matthew Metzger
>should have never made it
>past the front door.

Everytime they interview him, his lifetime achievement has been the Rose Bowl. I follow College Football pretty close and have never heard of this guy. He was never an All-American. I can't figure out if he was at the stadium, in the stands, when the game was played, or if he was a bench warmer.

Joyful 232 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

03-10-04, 02:16 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Joyful Click to send private message to Joyful Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "It's about diversity"
(Not to sound too much like Omerosa)

I think the judges were so keen on Camille because her voice is very different from most of the other contestants. I mean you can only hear so many runs and big belting out notes before it kinda just all sounds the same. Camille did not do an outstanding job on her song but she was different and I think that's what the judges are looking for. Yes, you have your "Mariah" and "Celine" and "Whitney" wannabe's in the finals but you also have those that make it interesting like Camille and the redhead dude and hopefully Jon Peter and George.

Simon has said all along he wants something different this year so I think that's why he championed Camille and the Red Head and has turned away good but not really different singers like Leah, Lisa and Tiara.(sp?)

03-11-04, 04:05 PM (EST)
17. "RE: It's about diversity"

>
>I think the judges were so
>keen on Camille because her
>voice is very different from
>most of the other contestants.

You are absolutely right. Most of the other contestants...
A. Have talent
B. CAN sing good
C. Have personalities

Being "different" isn't always a good thing.

03-11-04, 01:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail bystander Click to send private message to bystander Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Camille shouldn't be a finalist - Neither should Leah!!"
I put Leah in Camille's category. Absolutely horrible singing voice. Shaky, off key, pitchy, whatever you want to call it. The judges are so focused on getting a certain look this year that they are foregoing all musical abilities.

03-11-04, 04:12 PM (EST)
18. "RE: Camille shouldn't be a finalist - Neither should Leah!!"
>I put Leah in Camille's category. Absolutely horrible singing voice

Is Leah the pimple faced, anorexic, albino chick that lamo Paula picked? She was horrid, I couldn't agree with you more.

03-12-04, 03:34 PM (EST)
20. "RE: Camille shouldn't be a finalist - Neither should Leah!!"
That's her. I needed to replace half the windows and all the mirrors in my house after she was done singing (if you call it that). I never saw so much glass shattering in all my life.

managerr 1959 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

03-12-04, 04:12 PM (EST)
Click to EMail managerr Click to send private message to managerr Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: Camille shouldn't be a finalist"
Week 1's theme is supposed to be "Soul Music". I think they handpicked this theme for Camille.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •