The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Article form 8daysonline"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

sleeeve 3456 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

04-18-01, 02:57 AM (EST)
Click to EMail sleeeve Click to send private message to sleeeve Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Article form 8daysonline"
The following was posted at another site by a user named "snewser"... I have reposted the entire post here... The emphasis (bold) is mine. It's worth reading.

=======================================================

Rare stuff here. This confirms the lockbox. It's almost exactly what I was told.
The magazine's website is at http://www.8daysonline.com though the newest issue isn't up yet.

--------------
Chris Rose is part of an elite group. The MD of Sunlover Helicopters is one of the few who knows the answer to TV's best-kept secret: who wins Survivor.

Having worked with Mark Burnett on Eco-Challenge three years ago, he know what to expect when the Brit producer asked him to hook a camera to his chopper and film Survivor's aerial shots. or at least he thought he did.

Although he knew he'd be stationed at the Survivor base camp for three months, he never imagined that he'd end up recording over 85 hours of footage. Nor did he think he'd have to airlift one of the contestants out of the Kucha camp after Michael inhaled smoke from the campfire and fell face-first into the burning coals. And it's a fair bet he never expected on of his chopers would be used to whisk Jerri and Colby away to a romantic getaway on the Great Barrier Reef.

Given his first-hand knowledge of the show, we quiz him about...

CAMP LIFE FOR THE SURVIVOR CREW...
"At its peak, there was a crew of 250 here and the whole time we loved like kings. They had satellite communication for computers and faxes as well as an Internet cafe. We had a laundry service twice a week and they built us a gym and a bar. The food was delivered daily and there was always something to eat. You were wanting for nothing and that's why the camp was so harmonious"

SURVIVOR BOOT CAMP...
"Before they came out here, contestants had three days of survivor training. They weren't allowed to talk to each other and that put a lot of anxiety on them before it even started. The only time they could start talking was on the aircraft when they were being flown in."

THE CONTESTANTS' WELL-BEING...
"Every day the contestants were given a medical check-up and courses of vitamins, Because the Kucha tribe were eating chicken feed, they really started to smell because it started to come out of their pores."

MOST WELCOME EXIT...
"Kel was a bit obnoxious and rubbed people up the wrong way. He was always off by himself and when you're carrying a camera with you, he was a bit hard to keep up with.:

MOST UPSET OUTCAST...
"When Debb was voted out, I had to fly Mark Burnett to see her. He had to console and counsel her because she was so distraught."

KUCHA CAPERS...
"We were doing a shot that required us to come down quite low to the Kucha camp. The helicopter created waves on the river and caused the Kucha boat to capsize. They claimed their supply of rice was in the boat, but I think they were trying to pull a fast one."

INJURIES ON THE SET...
"Snakes bit a couple of the crew. After one of the security guys got bitten, they had a bit of trouble convincing him to come back to camp."

KEEPING SECRETS...
"At the final Tribal Council, it was a closed set and only those who had to be there were allowed to stay. There was no cameraman. They locked the cameras in place and just kept rolling as the survivors cast their votes. Then Jeff took the votes but didn't reveal who won. They'll do the last show live and reveal the winner then."

THE ULTIMATE SURVIVOR...
"The winner deserves to win. The way the game unfolds, they play it out the best way - by winning challenges, and dealing with the other contestants."

SURVIVOR SCOOPS...
In the first episode, contestants are seen lugging supplies from the drop-off point to their base camp. Well, before you feel too sorry for them... "They walked the first and last part but they had to be driven around the deep gorge because it was just too dangerous to try and get up and down." Wimps!
------------------
p.s. This article was typed to me from the printed edition by someone in Singapore. It didn't sound made up, but the full article is not online yet. I just confirmed that Chris Rose was in fact a pilot for the show with Sunlover Helicopters, based in North Cairns.

Sunlover Helicopters
P.O. Box 84N
North Cairns, QLD 4870 http://www.sunloverheli.com.au/

General manager is Ian Button. Sure looks like the real deal to me! That was a good article, and it was supposedly just some excerpts. I'm gonna see if I can get the whole thing. They also supposedly had interviews with Alicia, Kel and Mitchell, but "nothing really interesting..."

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Article form 8daysonline Lightmage81 04-18-01 1
   RE: Article form 8daysonline lswote 04-18-01 2
       RE: Article form 8daysonline Thinking 04-18-01 4
       RE: Article form 8daysonline flying squirrel 04-18-01 5
 RE: Article form 8daysonline DivaByTheSea 04-18-01 3
 RE: Article form 8daysonline Lightmage81 04-19-01 6

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Lightmage81 225 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

04-18-01, 08:59 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Lightmage81 Click to send private message to Lightmage81 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Article form 8daysonline"
OMG.............
damn...
I live in Singapore and this is a local magazine......

i will check it out to see if there are any pics or additional text.....

lswote 63 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

04-18-01, 10:56 AM (EST)
Click to EMail lswote Click to send private message to lswote Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Article form 8daysonline"
> Chris Rose is part of an elite group. The MD of Sunlover
> Helicopters is one of the few who knows the answer to TV's
> best-kept secret: who wins Survivor.

Is this M.D. as in Medical Doctor?

> KEEPING SECRETS...
> "At the final Tribal Council, it was a closed set and only
> those who had to be there were allowed to stay. There was no
> cameraman. They locked the cameras in place and just kept
> rolling as the survivors cast their votes. Then Jeff took the
> votes but didn't reveal who won. They'll do the last show live
> and reveal the winner then."
>
> THE ULTIMATE SURVIVOR...
> "The winner deserves to win. The way the game unfolds, they
> play it out the best way - by winning challenges, and dealing
> with the other contestants."

I can't see why this person would be an essential person at the final Tribal Council. Even if he ran a camera as well as flying a chopper and being a doctor, the cameras were locked in place without cameramen, there were no chopper shots and I don't see why you would need a doctor present (perhaps nearby, by why at the actual council?). I am not sold on the fact this person witnessed the tribal council.

Thinking 104 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

04-18-01, 11:43 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Thinking Click to send private message to Thinking Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Article form 8daysonline"
<<> THE ULTIMATE SURVIVOR...
> "The winner deserves to win. The way the game unfolds, they
> play it out the best way - by winning challenges, and dealing
> with the other contestants."
I can't see why this person would be an essential person at the final Tribal Council. Even if he ran a camera as well as flying a chopper and being a doctor, the cameras were locked in place without cameramen, there were no chopper shots and I don't see why you would need a doctor present (perhaps nearby, by why at the actual council?). I am not sold on the fact this person witnessed the tribal council. >>

Maybe he means either of the final two would be worthy winners.

I was interested in the medical checkups:
THE CONTESTANTS' WELL-BEING...
"Every day the contestants were given a medical check-up and courses of vitamins, Because the Kucha tribe were eating chicken feed, they really started to smell because it started to come out of their pores."

If they have daily check-ups, don't they know what they have? (I mean, what are swollen taste-buds??? Never heard of that condition!). Maybe the doctor was just checking to make sure they were still alive.

flying squirrel 290 desperate attention whore postings

04-18-01, 11:56 AM (EST)
Click to EMail flying%20squirrel Click to send private message to flying%20squirrel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Article form 8daysonline"
>> Chris Rose is part of an elite group. The MD of Sunlover
>> Helicopters is one of the few who knows the answer to TV's
>> best-kept secret: who wins Survivor.
>
>Is this M.D. as in Medical Doctor?

No, it's "Managing Director" -- British companies (and apparently Australian ones, too) use this as an equivalent to CEO.

DivaByTheSea 175 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

04-18-01, 11:03 AM (EST)
Click to EMail DivaByTheSea Click to send private message to DivaByTheSea Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Article form 8daysonline"
>MOST UPSET OUTCAST...
>"When Debb was voted out, I
>had to fly Mark Burnett
>to see her. He had
>to console and counsel her
>because she was so distraught."

ROTFLMAO

Then Jeff took the
>votes but didn't reveal who
>won. They'll do the last
>show live and reveal the
>winner then."
>

SO DOES THIS MEAN THAT JIFFY KNOWS WHO WON AND MB DOESN'T!!????

The Diva

Lightmage81 225 desperate attention whore postings

04-19-01, 07:46 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Lightmage81 Click to send private message to Lightmage81 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Article form 8daysonline"
OK...

as i had posted earlier, I went to but the mag.....
I can confirm that the article does exist and that the interview with Chris Rose was printed.

The article is a cover story feature and is actually 15 pages long, including pictures.

The only interesting part was the interview with Chris Rose.

Beside the above interview there are also interviews with Kel, Mitch and Alicia. the questions asked have no spoiler value.

Also, 8 Days did cast their "predictions" (more like rating) on the most likely winner.

The order is:
Rodger : 1 star
Liz: 2 stars
Keith: 3 stars
Tina: 4 stars
Colby: 5 stars (predicted winner)

For your scrutiny, dissecting, flaming and bashing.....

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •