The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"A Ring On a Neclace?"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Bachelor / The Bachelorette Forum (Protected)
Original message

thecrossbowkid 40 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

02-28-06, 07:06 AM (EST)
Click to EMail thecrossbowkid Click to send private message to thecrossbowkid Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"A Ring On a Neclace?"
LAST EDITED ON 02-28-06 AT 07:22 AM (EST)

Who does this guy think Sara is, Frodo Baggins?

I must confess, I was tossing and turning all night trying to discover the significance of A RING ON A NECKLACE.

Boy oh boy, talk about commitment. "This ring... is a symbol... of our time together...." AAAAARARRRRRRGGGGG!!!!! You are some Casanova. Worst, most colorless bachelor ever. I think Travis was as bored by the whole thing as I was.

Okay, to wrap things up, who actually thinks these two will be together 6 months from now? I cannot think of any cop-out for Dr. Dumb to end this show more phony and half a$$ed than a ring on a freakin neclace. Although a marriage proposal would have arguably been cheesy, a RING ON A NECKLACE strikes me as pretty darn lame. I am sorry.

I must ask the ladies, would a man convince you of his undying love and commitment, by putting a RING ON A NECLACE on you? What does that mean? I might propose, I might not? You might have to throw the ring of power into Mt. Doom, you might not?

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: A Ring On a Neclace? bookwomanblue 02-28-06 1
 RE: A Ring On a Neclace? aquariaqueen 02-28-06 2
   RE: A Ring On a Neclace? LisaPles 02-28-06 3
   RE: A Ring On a Neclace? frisky 02-28-06 4
       RE: A Ring On a Neclace? Loree 02-28-06 5
           RE: A Ring On a Neclace? thecrossbowkid 02-28-06 6
               RE: A Ring On a Neclace? tigereye 02-28-06 7
 RE: A Ring On a Neclace? kathliam 02-28-06 8
 RE: A Ring On a Neclace? Karchita 02-28-06 9
 RE: A Ring On a Neclace? thebutterflyeffect 02-28-06 10
   RE: A Ring On a Neclace? thecrossbowkid 03-01-06 12
 RE: A Ring On a Neclace? Its nice t... stlwalker77 03-01-06 11

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

bookwomanblue 205 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

02-28-06, 07:30 AM (EST)
Click to EMail bookwomanblue Click to send private message to bookwomanblue Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: A Ring On a Neclace?"
No, I wouldn't be convinced of his undying love and commitment but after six weeks, I wouldn't believe him if he proposed to me either. The ending seemed appropriate to me. They are a very cautious pair and this was a beginning. Will be interesting to see what happens.

aquariaqueen 2616 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

02-28-06, 07:50 AM (EST)
Click to EMail aquariaqueen Click to send private message to aquariaqueen Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: A Ring On a Neclace?"
They need a relationship in the real world, not in Paris.

Remember, he wants to move, and she's a home body.

Also, she hasn't had to sit by while he's at work sometimes 2 and 3 days straight and on call the rest of the time.

All in all, she gets to keep the ring, and honey, that's worth a lot of money....can you say "re-set the diamond"?

LisaPles 740 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

02-28-06, 09:53 AM (EST)
Click to EMail LisaPles Click to send private message to LisaPles Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: A Ring On a Neclace?"
I'm glad Travis picked Sara and good for her that she gets to keep the ring. It was beautiful.
The ring on the necklace thing is totally cheesy. That ring was way too beautiful not to be showed off by wearing it as a RING.
Just one of many lame things about this season of The Bachelor.

frisky 11695 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

02-28-06, 10:11 AM (EST)
Click to EMail frisky Click to send private message to frisky Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: A Ring On a Neclace?"
I agree with the queen. The ring is money in the bank for Sarah if the relationship doesn't work out.

The necklace was probably a producer's cheesy idea when Travis said told them didn't want to propose.

Rolly made this.

Loree 8616 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

02-28-06, 10:56 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Loree Click to send private message to Loree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: A Ring On a Neclace?"
I got the feeling Travis assumed Sarah was the type of woman he should pick. But I think he had the hots for Moana. As my DH said about the ring on the necklace: "Isn't that rather high school?"

I don't see a future for Travis and Sarah. He just seemed very boring and so does she. Travis reminds me of a people pleaser and he picked who he thought he should pick. But I don't think he wanted to settle down with any of the women.

02-28-06, 01:36 PM (EST)
Click to EMail thecrossbowkid Click to send private message to thecrossbowkid Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: A Ring On a Neclace?"
Yeah, Loree. I am afraid you are right. Although my wife and I were cheering like hell for Sarah, it was probably more out of distain for her blubbering, neurotic competition. Sarah was pretty bland, just like Travis, and the Ring On A Neclace (as opposed to a finger, where it would belong) was a lukewarm attempt at pleasing the crowd but not making any long term commitments.

Despite all the fine acting performances last night, I detected no real love or magnetism between Dr Dumb and either girl at any time.

tigereye 43 desperate attention whore postings

02-28-06, 02:39 PM (EST)
Click to EMail tigereye Click to send private message to tigereye Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: A Ring On a Neclace?"
I actually think that it was sweet. It was better than an insincere proposal, but saying "I want to keep you" at the same time. Although I hope he soon takes that ring off the chain and slips it onto her finger.

You can like the life you're living, you can live the life you like - Chicago

kathliam 3669 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

02-28-06, 03:50 PM (EST)
Click to EMail kathliam Click to send private message to kathliam Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: A Ring On a Neclace?"
At least a ring on a necklace is better than a one-way plane ticket, which is what Jesse Palmer gave to his 'intended' at his final rose ceremony. A ring is hock-able. A ring can be re-set. Plane ticket? Not so much.

Took me a while to post this. Thought for a minute Webby didn't want me to raise the spectre of that train wreck.

Karchita 4483 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

02-28-06, 04:10 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Karchita Click to send private message to Karchita Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: A Ring On a Neclace?"
I didn't really like the ring on the necklace, but it was a lot better than a proposal which neither Travis nor Sarah were ready for.

So the whole point was, no, he wasn't professing undying love and commitment and, yes, he might or might not propose. I think Sarah is reasonable enough to see it the same way. They need more time together and away from the camaras before they make promises. Plus, since the network paid for the ring, I like how Sarah ends up with something valuable even if things don't work out.

thebutterflyeffect 87 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

02-28-06, 04:13 PM (EST)
Click to EMail thebutterflyeffect Click to send private message to thebutterflyeffect Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: A Ring On a Neclace?"
LAST EDITED ON 02-28-06 AT 04:27 PM (EST)

>LAST EDITED ON 02-28-06
>AT 07:22 AM (EST)

>
>Who does this guy think Sara
>is, Frodo Baggins?

"Gandalf!"

Greatest. comment. ever. LOL!

>I must confess, I was tossing
>and turning all night trying
>to discover the significance of
>A RING ON A NECKLACE.

I would have refused it, personally. I mean, what is she, the sweetheart of Sigma Chi?

Actually, it's worse than that. When my husband gave me his lavalier, and when my first fiance gave me his, it meant "I love you and I intend to marry you." It signified that the fraternity pin and an engagement ring were in the near future.

It's a big deal to a fraternity brother to give a girl "his letters." Travis didn't even do that. He gave her a generic ring on a string...a ring that he didn't even pick out himself.

>Okay, to wrap things up, who
>actually thinks these two will
>be together 6 months from
>now?

I will bet that they are already toast. He wanted Moana, you could see it in how he interacted with her, how he touched her, how blown away he was by the little surprises here and there (remember when she spoke Italian in Venice?). He bowed to the pressure of his no-class white trash family.

I hope he goes to Moana. I really do. You know, so she can tell him to Get Bent.

>I must ask the ladies, would
>a man convince you of
>his undying love and commitment,
>by putting a RING ON
>A NECLACE on you?

No ring on a string. That's a chump gesture that means absolutely nothing.

I can't stand Bland Sarah, but I felt very bad for her. Very bad indeed. Very bad that she didn't laugh in Dr. Doldrums' face, turn on her heel, and left him standing there with that chintzy ring on a string.

03-01-06, 08:03 AM (EST)
12. "RE: A Ring On a Neclace?"
I agree- I think Dr. Dumb had a strong sexual attraction to both Moana AND Susan (who had little else going for than being hot), but not as much for the girl he chose, which he probably thought was the politically correct choice. I also noticed the way Travis smiled and lit up when he was engaged with Moana; there are certain interactions that the editors cannot manipulate. Around Sarah he was pretty flat.

I too noticed how he was "blown away" that Moana spoke a travel guide level of Italian. For a doctor, he seems a little easily impresssed. Alas, however, the Drama Queen crying outbursts probably sank Moana and were excessive enough to even penetrated Dr. Dumb's thick psyche. He has to have thought: Do I want this woman to be the mother of my children? NOT!

stlwalker77 5 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

03-01-06, 02:22 AM (EST)
Click to EMail stlwalker77 Click to send private message to stlwalker77 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: A Ring On a Neclace? Its nice to see I wasn't the only one"
I was so upset with Travis for not picking my girl. What in the world was he thinking!!!! Here he has a chance to be with someone that is real but yet he picks the easy chose. He chose Sarah cuz he knows that he is not going to be faithful so it is now time to stop playing games with Moana and be truly sincere. During the show he could sleep with any one and not be held accountable. Now the show is over he has to admit that he is only in this for the sex. Something we know he got from Moana and most likely from other girls as well. Well Moana wasn't going to sit by and allow him to continue to lie to her she wanted a true committment from him. He knows that Moana is a bright girl it wouldn't have taken her long to see through him and finally leave him. While Sarah on the other hand will give him chance after chance to continue to play with her. I mean Moana wouldn't have question him about putting the ring on a necklace while Sarah just smiled. What a fake ending. Sarah really needs to wake up.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •