The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"AI judges Suck This Year - worse than usual"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences American Idol General Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

CharlieGarbage 4 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

03-30-05, 00:11 AM (EST)
Click to EMail CharlieGarbage Click to send private message to CharlieGarbage Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"AI judges Suck This Year - worse than usual"
LAST EDITED ON 04-08-05 AT 05:08 PM (EST)

LAST EDITED ON 03-30-05 AT 00:31 AM (EST)

I might be the only one that thinks this way, but...

Is it just me, or are the judges giving great reviews to the crappy singers and crappy reviews to the great singers this year?

Even though it's very obvious that Carrie will win (she's a PR/marketing dream - think Kelly Clarkson), I really think Athony Fedorov is great, but week after week he is told how awful he is.

Two more things...
First, why do people boo Simon. His reviews are usually right on. I find it funny how Paula says stupid things and the crowd cheers, but she isn't really giving a compliment.

Second, I know people love Constantine, but c'mon people, he's not a singer, and he looks like he doesn't shower.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: AI judges Suck This Year - wors... true 03-30-05 1
 RE: AI judges Suck This Year - wors... seahorse 03-30-05 2
 RE: AI judges Suck This Year - wors... Reeflex7 03-30-05 3
 RE: AI judges Suck This Year - wors... nailbone 03-30-05 4
   Agree! DearAbby 03-30-05 7
       RE: Agree! libgirl2 03-30-05 8
   RE: AI judges Suck This Year - wors... okaychatt 04-02-05 11
 Yup. Coconut 03-30-05 5
   RE: Yup. TARugh 04-03-05 13
 RE: AI judges Suck This Year - wors... geekboy 03-30-05 6
   RE: AI judges Suck This Year - wors... jericho28 03-31-05 9
 RE: AI judges Suck This Year - wors... bacon 03-31-05 10
 RE: AI judges Suck This Year - wors... PreacherWife 04-02-05 12
 RE: AI judges Suck This Year - wors... badger 04-03-05 14
 RE: AI judges Suck This Year - wors... robyn12 04-03-05 15
 RE: AI judges Suck This Year - wors... CrazyDaze 04-04-05 16
   RE: i sooo agree cjhope117 04-06-05 18
 Post removed Bebo 04-06-05 19
 RE: AI judges Suck This Year - wors... Smiley11 04-07-05 20

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

true 9689 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

03-30-05, 00:16 AM (EST)
Click to EMail true Click to send private message to true Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: AI judges Suck This Year - worse than usual"
I thought the judges comments tonight were more accurate than normal. Sure, sometimes Paula gushes more than necessary, but Simon is just as guilty of the same thing. (see Carrie)

A couple of the "better" contestants were less than great tonight, and the judges went pretty easy on them. (IMO)

seahorse 14337 desperate attention whore postings

03-30-05, 11:36 AM (EST)
Click to EMail seahorse Click to send private message to seahorse Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: AI judges Suck This Year - worse than usual"
I think they are in general on the mark. Let's face it, at this level there is not a tremendous difference between the singers. They are all pretty good or they would not still be around.

Handcrafted by RollDdice

Reeflex7 187 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

03-30-05, 11:38 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Reeflex7 Click to send private message to Reeflex7 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: AI judges Suck This Year - worse than usual"
This is my first year watching the show, but I can tell you that last night was the first night I pretty much agreed with everything they said, especially Simon (and excluding Paula who just likes everyone, she drives me crazy). I usually like the stuff they hate and hate the stuff they like. I'm still not sure if I know what they're looking for.

Last night I thought Randy & Simon nailed Anwar perfectly and I liked what Simon said about Anthony & Scott. Simon can be mean but he definitely gives the most constructive criticism out of the three. Contestants can actually take his comments and use them to improve, as opposed to Randy's typical "not your best performance dawg, but I still like you, man", which is basically useless.

nailbone 27263 desperate attention whore postings

03-30-05, 12:34 PM (EST)
Click to EMail nailbone Click to send private message to nailbone Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: AI judges Suck This Year - worse than usual"
I pretty much maintain that Simon's critiques are the only ones that need to be listened to.

But this year, he seems to be overly focused on praising a few (Carrie, Constantine) even when they're not so good, and dissing a few others (Anthony) even when they do a good job.

Randy is better this year than in the past, but Paula is pretty much useless except as a foil for Simon.

New from Sigs by Syren!!

Keep lookin' up, cuz that's where it all is. o-

DearAbby 3008 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

03-30-05, 01:57 PM (EST)
Click to EMail DearAbby Click to send private message to DearAbby Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "Agree!"
Though Simon can be harsh, he's usually right.

But I haven't figured out why all three of the judges seem to want Anthony out. They liked him enough to put him in the Top 24, but to hear their comments now, you'd think they were critiquing William Hung! C'mon, Paula! Where's the love you have for all the others?

libgirl2 81 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

03-30-05, 07:36 PM (EST)
Click to EMail libgirl2 Click to send private message to libgirl2 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Agree!"
>Though Simon can be harsh, he's
>usually right.
>
>But I haven't figured out why
>all three of the judges
>seem to want Anthony out.
>They liked him enough to
>put him in the Top
>24, but to hear their
>comments now, you'd think they
>were critiquing William Hung! C'mon,
>Paula! Where's the love you
>have for all the others?
>

I have to agree, I think Simon is being awfully hard on anthony. While he is not my cup of tea, is certainly isn't horrible. Give the kid a break.

And I am tired of Simon pretty much telling us Carrie won it. Then why not just cancel the show and give her the contract? Maybe I don't like to be told whose CD's I will be buying. He might be spot on with alot of critiques, but two words Ruben, Clay. She is good, I give her that, but her value lies in country not in pop. Wasn't Josh Gracin crucified for singing "too country"???

okaychatt 2810 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

04-02-05, 06:29 PM (EST)
Click to EMail okaychatt Click to send private message to okaychatt Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: AI judges Suck This Year - worse than usual"
<Paula is pretty much useless except as a foil for Simon.

And as a buyer for whatever her pusher is selling that week.

She has a kind heart but can't seem to grasp the fact that not everyone deserves to win AI.

Everyone is entitled to my opinion.

Coconut 10856 desperate attention whore postings

03-30-05, 12:56 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Coconut Click to send private message to Coconut Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "Yup."
I know people love Constantine, but c'mon people, he's not a singer, and he looks like he doesn't shower.

I totally agree with you. He looks like someone who will say anything to get you into bed, then take you home to a scungy apartment, ask you to pay for the pizza, and then give you some disgusting disease.

And I'd rather listen to my husband sing, which is saying a lot.

Speaking of my husband, last night, he said of Paula's comments to Anwar "She just wasted thirty seconds of my life." I concur.

Thanks to RollDdice for a bitchslapping sig!

TARugh 159 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

04-03-05, 03:21 AM (EST)
Click to EMail TARugh Click to send private message to TARugh Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Yup."
>Speaking of my husband, last night,
>he said of Paula's comments
>to Anwar "She just wasted
>thirty seconds of my life."
>I concur.

Multiply that by 9 finalists, times the number of Idol shows, times the number of viewers. Paula is wasting a lot of time.

geekboy 1788 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

03-30-05, 01:29 PM (EST)
Click to EMail geekboy Click to send private message to geekboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: AI judges Suck This Year - worse than usual"
I've watched every season start to finish, and i have to say that this year the judges are being more hard than usual on the contestants. This is a GOOD thing.

Randy, in past seasons, was more like Paula, but he's finally firmed up his backbone and is being more realistic. Simon is Simon, and it is easy each year to see his favorite. In that sense he does has some bias, but overall he is right 'spot on' as he would say.

Likewise, Paula is Paula and adds some balance is motherly feel to the three. She does tell someone that it was bad, but the performace has to be QUITE bad (think Mikalah) for her to say that. She is the 'sugar factor' of the three, and plays her part well.

I don't believe it is obvious yet that Carrie will win, even though this is who Simon wants to win, and quite frankly i don't see it this year. Year 1-3 his choice HAS won, but in those years it was obvious that his pick was the best of the bunch (barring Clay in season 2...but that is for another debate).

geekboy

jericho28 7 desperate attention whore postings

03-31-05, 00:03 AM (EST)
Click to EMail jericho28 Click to send private message to jericho28 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: AI judges Suck This Year - worse than usual"
I like Simon because of his honesty and "spot on" criticisms. And honestly I'd rather take his honesty than sugar coated dishonesty, if you know what I mean.

But what I don't like is Simon telling us (people who watch AI) who is going to win when there is still a long way to go. He couldn't possibly predict who Americans are going to vote for. And it is so unfair for the other people who are still in competition. Even if I like Carrie (which I don't really coz she is just a one trick pony, I think), it makes me want to "not" vote her just to spite Simon.

>Simon is Simon, and it
>is easy each year to
>see his favorite. In
>that sense he does has
>some bias, but overall he
>is right 'spot on' as
>he would say.
>
>Likewise, Paula is Paula and adds
>some balance is motherly feel
>to the three. She
>does tell someone that it
>was bad, but the performace
>has to be QUITE bad
>(think Mikalah) for her to
>say that. She is
>the 'sugar factor' of the
>three, and plays her part
>well.
>
>I don't believe it is obvious
>yet that Carrie will win,
>even though this is who
>Simon wants to win, and
>quite frankly i don't see
>it this year. Year
>1-3 his choice HAS won,
>but in those years it
>was obvious that his pick
>was the best of the
>bunch (barring Clay in season
>2...but that is for another
>debate).
>
>geekboy

bacon 2824 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

03-31-05, 05:40 PM (EST)
Click to EMail bacon Click to send private message to bacon Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: AI judges Suck This Year - worse than usual"
Dude, you hit the nail on the head! The judges have been horrible this year. On last week's show(the one where Nadia spawned the Mohawk) every single contestant pretty much sucked. Yet, we got nothing but raves for everybody!

And I totally don't understand the hype behind Carrie Underwood. Average singer, average stage performer, piss pour at picking out songs. Seriously, she sounds like she's doing karoake at a country western bar every single time she gets up there. Oh, and she has absolutely no personality. What a find!

PreacherWife 12 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

04-02-05, 06:57 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PreacherWife Click to send private message to PreacherWife Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: AI judges Suck This Year - worse than usual"
>Is it just me, or are
>the judges giving great reviews
>to the crappy singers and
>crappy reviews to the great
>singers this year?
>

Nope, it's not you however I really don't want to hear how mean Simon is when Paula told Carrie she was horrible or awful or however she put it a few weeks ago. I was taken back because she is usually kind. I'm not saying you are saying that but I just wanted to comment on that. This is my first year watching so I don't know how they were the other years but they are so predictable to me already. I personally don't think anyone takes to heart what Paula and Randy say. Simon gets my respect in that area even though he can be abrupt. I would like to see Bo get the AI contract because but who cares, he's going to make it big anyway! Ha! I plan to buy his album when it comes out.

badger 1273 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

04-03-05, 09:18 AM (EST)
Click to EMail badger Click to send private message to badger Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: AI judges Suck This Year - worse than usual"
i always take the judges' comments with a grain of salt anyway. i think acoustics and applause often make it difficult for them to really hear the performance, so they often say something that has more to do with style than substance.

they each have their little niche they fill or "character" they play: randy--pitchy, paula--praise, simon--sarcasm. they don't seem any different this year than others. they like who they like, as in past years too.

robyn12 41 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

04-03-05, 02:47 PM (EST)
Click to EMail robyn12 Click to send private message to robyn12 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: AI judges Suck This Year - worse than usual"
LAST EDITED ON 04-03-05 AT 02:48 PM (EST)

I think if anything, the judges have been easy on Anthony. I think he sounds awful and is off every week. His accent comes through in his songs and he sounds unnatural and annoying.

He doesn't have half the talent of Clay -- and he doesn't have the personality either. I hate when people compare him to Clay.

I think he's boring and untalented. I hope he goes home this week.

Constantine on the other hand is a great singer and an even better entertainer. I've liked his version of every song more than the originals -- I think he's awesome. Plus he's intersting and always putting his own spin on things.

CrazyDaze 11 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

04-04-05, 11:42 AM (EST)
Click to EMail CrazyDaze Click to send private message to CrazyDaze Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: AI judges Suck This Year - worse than usual"
You know you're right about constantine!! He has been looking quite grungy lately. And no he isn't really much of a singer. But you know the girls are all so ga-ga over him. I bet he a real conceited #####! Randy is the one judge that is really surprising me this season, he just doesn't seem right this time. Paulas too messed up on pills or booze or something to really even say anything too critical of anyone. But through it all Simon has stayed consistent with where he stands with all the contestants. Unfortunately he's pretty much right on most of the time. Can't wait until next week! :]

cjhope117 584 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

04-06-05, 10:03 PM (EST)
Click to EMail cjhope117 Click to send private message to cjhope117 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: i sooo agree"
Yeah, Constantine really creeps me out. When he tilts his head down and looks at the camera (I know he thinks he is sexy...eeeeewwwww) I feel dirty and have to look away. I agree that Anthony is getting it pretty hard from the judges, but lately he isn't doing as well as earlier in the season. He is not doing as horrible as the judges seem to think but I agree that his time to leave is overdue.

Bebo 21083 desperate attention whore postings

04-06-05, 10:58 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Bebo Click to send private message to Bebo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "Post removed"
For using incendiary language that is not acceptable on these forums.

Smiley11 5 desperate attention whore postings

04-07-05, 07:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Smiley11 Click to send private message to Smiley11 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: AI judges Suck This Year - worse than usual"
Paula is really getting on my nerves how she is just nice to everyone and then when Simon tells them that they are horrible she cuts him off! He didn't hardly say two words to each contestant.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •