The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Ruben--Is It Inevitable?"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences American Idol General Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

zzz 703 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

04-21-03, 09:24 AM (EST)
Click to EMail zzz Click to send private message to zzz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Ruben--Is It Inevitable?"
According to Mancow this morning (4/21/03) on the radio--Kelley Clarkson stated that she knows who the next American Idol is going to be, and Mancow claims it is Ruben. Do people really think that he has been so far ahead in the weekly voting that it is very clear he will win--or does Clay have a realistic chance at an "upset."

I don't see anyone else that might be able to beat Ruben, but I think Clay has a chance. But if Kelley has inside information that indicates this will not happen, that is really too bad. I think Clay is a much better and more interesting singer than Ruben. Ruben is boring to me.

Does everyone think Ruben has it locked up?

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Ruben--Is It Inevitable? dajaki 04-21-03 1
 RE: Ruben--Is It Inevitable? SaphireLady 04-21-03 2
 RE: Ruben--Is It Inevitable? Bebo 04-21-03 3
   RE: Ruben--Is It Inevitable? managerr 04-21-03 4
       Dancing skills? joannie 04-21-03 9
 RE: Ruben--Is It Inevitable? BriarRosie 04-21-03 5
 RE: Ruben--Is It Inevitable? drawde236 04-21-03 6
 RE: Ruben--Is It Inevitable? munson 04-21-03 7
 RE: Ruben--Is It Inevitable? survivorscott 04-21-03 8
   RE: Ruben--Is It Inevitable? 712 04-21-03 10
   RE: Ruben--Is It Inevitable? rilond 04-23-03 20
 RE: Ruben--Is It Inevitable? TourGirl 04-22-03 11
   RE: Ruben--Is It Inevitable? Bebo 04-22-03 12
       Kim L. Spidey 04-22-03 14
 RE: Ruben--Is It Inevitable? wildchickenhunter 04-22-03 13
 RE: Ruben--Is It Inevitable? alliestp 04-22-03 15
   RE: Ruben--Is It Inevitable? Bebo 04-22-03 17
 Yep !!!!! katem 04-22-03 16
 RE: Ruben--Is It Inevitable? rilond 04-23-03 18
 RE: Ruben--Is It Inevitable? smiley 04-23-03 19

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

dajaki 1454 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

04-21-03, 11:08 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dajaki Click to send private message to dajaki Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Ruben--Is It Inevitable?"
Kimberly Caldwell was on our Fox affiliate about 15 minutes ago and said that she thinks Ruben will take it, too. If it's not rigged, I think it's between Clay and Ruben. The judges, however, never comment negatively on Ruben and this has got to sway a few of the phone in voters.

SaphireLady 2491 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Seventeen Magazine Model"

04-21-03, 11:54 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SaphireLady Click to send private message to SaphireLady Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Ruben--Is It Inevitable?"
If this is all true, then any other season of AI will not have me watching it. Ruben is not a great singer. He is one, two at most, sided singer. He sing the same style over and over and over. He also has not ability to answer questions, to amuse, to entertain, other then singing the same type song. So just what is the attraction to this man.

"Now I will believe that there are unicorns..." William Shakespeare; "The Tempest"

Bebo 21083 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

04-21-03, 12:18 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Bebo Click to send private message to Bebo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Ruben--Is It Inevitable?"
According to Watch With Kristin's column on EOnline, Clay and Ruben are the two most consistently high performers in the weekly phone-in polls. The producers get to see all of the results of the fan balloting.

That way, when it's time to get someone to write the single for the Idol winner, they have an idea what kind of song to do, not just a generic one. So you can pretty much bet at this point that the first single released will be a ballad.

http://www.eonline.com/Gossip/Kristin/Archive2003/030418c.html

Bebo says...919 beats 205 - I am your American Idol and the Baroness of Babedom.

managerr 1959 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

04-21-03, 12:59 PM (EST)
Click to EMail managerr Click to send private message to managerr Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Ruben--Is It Inevitable?"
Actually the single is already written and they have claimed it's an up tempo song that will showcase the winner's "dancing skills". I'm sorry I can't provide a link--I know I did read it somewhere though....

joannie 380 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

04-21-03, 04:58 PM (EST)
Click to EMail joannie Click to send private message to joannie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "Dancing skills?"
If this is the case, Clay isn't the only one who needs to brush up on his dancing!

BriarRosie 990 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

04-21-03, 01:37 PM (EST)
Click to EMail BriarRosie Click to send private message to BriarRosie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Ruben--Is It Inevitable?"
First, you have my condolences for listening to Mancow's radio show.

I think it'll be either Ruben or Clay, with the edge going to Ruben. They are the most unlikely idols, either way.

Lori

Survivor: Adventurers Club
Outdrink, Outlaugh, Outkungaloosh!

drawde236 317 desperate attention whore postings

04-21-03, 02:29 PM (EST)
Click to EMail drawde236 Click to send private message to drawde236 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Ruben--Is It Inevitable?"
I'm still holding out for an upset like last year when Tamyra got booted out before (shudder) Nikki. More than likely it will be Clay and Ruben, but I would love it if Kim snuck in there.

munson 1314 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

04-21-03, 03:38 PM (EST)
Click to EMail munson Click to send private message to munson Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Ruben--Is It Inevitable?"
I think the next two months are simply the build-up to the coronation of King Ruben. He's my choice and the leader in the polls of the voting public.

Re Kelly's comments, my guess is that she knows how popular Ruben is with the fans and believes he's pretty much a lock. Of course, didn't hear her comments but he is most definitely the favorite at this point. This is probably obvious to Kelly as well.

survivorscott 2191 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

04-21-03, 04:29 PM (EST)
Click to EMail survivorscott Click to send private message to survivorscott Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Ruben--Is It Inevitable?"
The only one I can see making a real upset would be Josh, and not for his singing skills. He may have the patriotic vote when it comes down to it. It is hard to not vote for the marine in this time.

Come in a stranger,leave a little stranger

712 356 desperate attention whore postings

04-21-03, 06:02 PM (EST)
Click to EMail 712 Click to send private message to 712 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Ruben--Is It Inevitable?"
Oh boy, did you ever take the words right out of my mouth.

Except my post probably would have contained more incoherant ranting and profanity.

rilond 64 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

04-23-03, 04:37 PM (EST)
Click to EMail rilond Click to send private message to rilond Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: Ruben--Is It Inevitable?"
Yea,

I agree. But he cannot sing.

The public must get out and "VOTE" for Kim Locke. She is the best person

TourGirl 98 desperate attention whore postings

04-22-03, 03:23 AM (EST)
Click to EMail TourGirl Click to send private message to TourGirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Ruben--Is It Inevitable?"
The BIGGEST problem (of many) that I have with Ruben winning is the question of whether or not he'll even be excited. During the season so far, most of the other Idol wanna-be's have shown tons of emotion, but for Ruben, when he DOES show emotion, it feels forced. It seems like the judges or Ryan have to coax it out of him over the course of a conversation. I just can't see him being that excited if he won, and that would be pretty disappointing to the viewing audience!

Sara

BTW, my vote is for Kim L., but, unfortunately, I don't see her winning. My hope is for her to at least make it to the final 4!

04-22-03, 08:21 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Bebo Click to send private message to Bebo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Ruben--Is It Inevitable?"
BTW, my vote is for Kim L., but, unfortunately, I don't see her winning.

I'm hoping that she can move ahead of Joshua and take that 3rd spot, but it's going to take us Kim fans getting serious about hitting redial on Tuesday nights. On the plus side, she's getting a lot of favorable press this week, so hopefully people will jump onto the critics' bandwagons.

Bebo says...919 beats 205 - I am your American Idol and the Baroness of Babedom.

Spidey 6259 desperate attention whore postings

04-22-03, 10:15 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Spidey Click to send private message to Spidey Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "Kim L."
I sooo did not like her at first, despite her tremendous singing ability. Just something about her bored me. But I am liking her more and more now. Although she says she is "conservative," she does appear to have a light-hearted, bubbly side. I hope she starts to show it more. You don't have to always be serious to be classy. Of the 3 best singers - Clay, Ruben and Kim - she is the best package. You don't have to close your eyes to listen to her and she is unlikely to drop dead of a heart attack while on tour.

Man, it's a shame Carmen can't really sing

wildchickenhunter 3192 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

04-22-03, 09:40 AM (EST)
Click to EMail wildchickenhunter Click to send private message to wildchickenhunter Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Ruben--Is It Inevitable?"
I guess if a guy who is half man and half cow says it, it must be true!

alliestp 1 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

04-22-03, 02:23 PM (EST)
Click to EMail alliestp Click to send private message to alliestp Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Ruben--Is It Inevitable?"
Kelly was on The View last Friday and said her pick to win is Ruben. There cannot possibly anyway to know ahead of time how America will vote, but I agree with Simon that Clay is getting rather repitious. Just my opinion as they will be both 1 and 2. I think Ruben has everything needed to pull ahead. He radiates charm, where I just get a guy who likes to sing (and can sing well) when I hear Clay. There doesn't seem to be a "spark" with him. Just my opinion.

04-22-03, 03:37 PM (EST)
17. "RE: Ruben--Is It Inevitable?"
Just my opinion.

Hey, that's what this show is all about - finding out people's opinions of the contestants!

Welcome to the forums, and glad you decided to join in on the fun!

katem 3315 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

04-22-03, 03:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail katem Click to send private message to katem Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "Yep !!!!!"
I think he's boring and I doubt I would buy his record. DULL !!!!!

rilond 64 desperate attention whore postings

04-23-03, 01:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail rilond Click to send private message to rilond Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: Ruben--Is It Inevitable?"
Well, I think Kim L has more to offer than Ruben.

smiley 2009 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

04-23-03, 03:53 PM (EST)
Click to EMail smiley Click to send private message to smiley Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: Ruben--Is It Inevitable?"
Ruben has a personality of a dishrag...sure he can sing but what else can he offer to the public?

I am really rooting for Kim Locke. I think she has style and spunk and her voice is great.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •