The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Final Episode - Access Hollywood Tonite..."
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

IceCat 17415 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

04-16-01, 07:02 PM (EST)
Click to EMail IceCat Click to send private message to IceCat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Final Episode - Access Hollywood Tonite..."
LAST EDITED ON 04-16-01 AT 07:08 PM (EST)

MB and Amber apparently make comments about the final episode and the voting format... I am watching right now... will post as this segment comes up .

IceCat

MB 'claims' that neither he nor Jiffy know the results...

The votes have not been looked at and have been 'stored in a vault in Los Angeles'.

Amber says 'I know my vote but I don't know anyone else's...'

Absolutely nothing we haven't already heard before...

Except that MB says 'vault' instead of the mythic 'lock box'.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Final Episode - Access Hollywoo... idiotcowboy 04-16-01 1
   RE: Final Episode - Access Hollywoo... Play2Survive 04-16-01 2
       RE: Final Episode - Access Hollywoo... bergdogg 04-17-01 3
       RE: Final Episode - Access Hollywoo... Kokoro 04-17-01 4
           RE: Final Episode - Access Hollywoo... Loree 04-17-01 5
               RE: Final Episode - Access Hollywoo... wendyp 04-17-01 6
                   RE: Final Episode - Access Hollywoo... SherpaDave 04-17-01 7
                       RE: Final Episode - Access Hollywoo... DivaByTheSea 04-17-01 8
                       RE: Final Episode - Access Hollywoo... Doglip 04-17-01 9
                           RE: Final Episode - Access Hollywoo... Play2Survive 04-18-01 10
                               RE: Final Episode - Access Hollywoo... idiotcowboy 04-18-01 12
               RE: Final Episode - Access Hollywoo... Casezille 04-18-01 11
                   RE: Final Episode - Access Hollywoo... vickitori 04-19-01 13
                       RE: Final Episode - Access Hollywoo... Bebo 04-19-01 14

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

idiotcowboy 1135 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

04-16-01, 11:03 PM (EST)
Click to EMail idiotcowboy Click to send private message to idiotcowboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Final Episode - Access Hollywood Tonite..."
Actually there is something here... if MB is to be trusted that is... which of course he shouldn't be... but I digress.

IF (big IF) MB does not know the final outcome like he says... then he could NOT leave hints to the winner anywhere... final 2 yes... but winner NO. In a SS thread someone had done a pretty nifty evaluation of the 1st episode, that pointed to Tina winning... because she was edited differently than the others. Now when someone post and says so-and-so wins because I heard it from a cameraman's distant half-brother's aunt... or some such nonsence... I generally discredit it and move on... but how things are edited, have always been fascinating to me.... because they ALWAYS know the outcome, and for more than just the current episode. MB can't be trusted so it probably isn't true... but in an odd sort of way, if I was him... I wouldn't want to know... at least until I finished editing... least he give away something he did not intend...

Just a thought.

-ICB

Play2Survive 270 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

04-16-01, 11:17 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Play2Survive Click to send private message to Play2Survive Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Final Episode - Access Hollywood Tonite..."
That's an interesting idea ICB, and MB is just the type to not allow himself to know the results. It's hard for me to imagine this is true, but he does seem neurotically protective of this season's results.

When I posted a while back that a personal source had revealed to me the nature of the final episode, I was told that the Final 2 knew the winner, as well as MB, but that no one else, including the producers, knew the winner. So this report is even more severe than that. Now I'm not sure if I should believe MB or make a call to get the current story.

I have suspected that editing is suggestive that Tina is the winner - because it's been showing her moves in a similar way that Rich was shown - but maybe I'm reading into it. I know some people hate it, but I'm glad it's going to happen this way. It means we have to work harder.

bergdogg 380 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

04-17-01, 00:05 AM (EST)
Click to EMail bergdogg Click to send private message to bergdogg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Final Episode - Access Hollywood Tonite..."
You know, if MB doesn't know the winner, THEN SOMEBODY WHO EDITED TEH SHOW DOES!!!!!!!! I mean, MB tapes EVERYTHING!!!!! note that, EVERYTHING!!!! That means the FINAL VOTE. So, MB must have done the editing of the final vote. He knows, he is just F'n with you.

Kokoro 3899 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

04-17-01, 02:07 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Kokoro Click to send private message to Kokoro Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Final Episode - Access Hollywood Tonite..."
He does know the winner, there is ~absolutely~ no way he wouldn't....the editing has to reflect how the show goes....he wouldn't take the risk of making the winner into a horrible person that nobody likes....The final vote is not obvious, as it wasn't obvious last year; He wouldn't take a chance like that.

And I still hate the "vault" idea...."Okay, thanks for playing. We'll see you in a few months and tell ya's who won."

Ooooh watch out everyone there's a "crack" in the alliance. Yeah, maybe; If crack was slang for millionaire.

Loree 8616 desperate attention whore postings

04-17-01, 12:02 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Loree Click to send private message to Loree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Final Episode - Access Hollywood Tonite..."
If MB didn't check the votes before locking them up - he is an idiot. And I don't think any of us think he is an idiot. Mean - Yes. An Idiot - No.

What if they opened the vault/lock box/whatever and someone had left their vote blank or had written down a name of someone that wasn't in the final 2? Remember we had crazy Greg last year. Someone might do something like that if they hated both the final 2. Then what would MB do on live TV? Have a re-vote? Not really fair after the players have now seen the show and found out things they didn't know when they originally voted.

I am sure MB knows who won. He would check to make sure everyone really voted.

wendyp 2081 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

04-17-01, 12:41 PM (EST)
Click to EMail wendyp Click to send private message to wendyp Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Final Episode - Access Hollywood Tonite..."
I agree that he knows. He would not risk the way he edits and shows the survivor if he does not know.

On another thread they are talking about Jeff P on the today show and he said the he (jeff) did not know but that MB did. So I guess they think people will not discuss or watch every interview to see the contridictions.

It also says that he took the box away and that in Hollywood it was in a vault. Never said that it stayed locked in the Outback.

SherpaDave 8326 desperate attention whore postings

04-17-01, 12:51 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SherpaDave Click to send private message to SherpaDave Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Final Episode - Access Hollywood Tonite..."
I, too, agree that he knows. All of the reasons above are excellent. Further, for him to have made the comment that we would like the winner of S2... he couldn't make that statement unless either a) he knew who the winner was, or b) both of the final two were likable.

DivaByTheSea 175 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

04-17-01, 01:18 PM (EST)
Click to EMail DivaByTheSea Click to send private message to DivaByTheSea Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Final Episode - Access Hollywood Tonite..."
Further,
>for him to have made
>the comment that we would
>like the winner of S2...
>he couldn't make that statement
>unless either a) he knew
>who the winner was, or
>b) both of the final
>two were likable.

That's a great point. He has to know. Someone knows. You just don't do a show of that magnitude and no one know.

**** The mighty oak was once just a crazy little nut that held its ground. ****

Doglip 5 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

04-17-01, 01:19 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Doglip Click to send private message to Doglip Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Final Episode - Access Hollywood Tonite..."
Not only does MB know....All the cast knows!!!
Are you telling me that the cast at El Rancho dont discuss who they are going to vote for? Are you kiddin' me? They Know!
If they say they dont know...then it is only because it is easier on them to keep the secret...Good Grief!

Play2Survive 270 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

04-18-01, 10:33 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Play2Survive Click to send private message to Play2Survive Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Final Episode - Access Hollywood Tonite..."
I disagree here. At first I thought the must all know, but when I thought back to S1, I changed my thinking on this. First, you know MB instructed them to NOT talk about who they would be casting votes for. With a close vote it only takes 1 out of 7 holding out (and atually following MB's orders) for the entire group to be unsure of winner. It takes one Greg B type - or one religious type who's true to his word (hmmmmmm, we got any of those in the jury?) for no one to be sure in a close vote.

I'm sure they all SUSPECT they know, but I don't believe they know conclusively.

Also as far as they editing......from what I understand there are several producers of Survivor and each are assigned certain episodes to produce, which includes the task of editing. The female producer of the final episode (DOES NOT KNOW). Why does the final episode need to be edited with the winner in mind? The fact is it doesn't because the REAL final episode hasn't happened yet......that will happen live on May 3, like it or not.....

idiotcowboy 1135 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

04-18-01, 11:23 PM (EST)
Click to EMail idiotcowboy Click to send private message to idiotcowboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Final Episode - Access Hollywood Tonite..."
P2S-

You're absolutely right here... (wow we agree... cool... why does everyone else think we're crazy? ). By the final episode there is NO need to edit with any special knowledge. If MB wanted noone to know... what would be a better way? Don't let anybody know... heck you don't even have to run the camera on the votes themselves if you don't want to.

-ICB

Casezille 38 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

04-18-01, 10:47 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Casezille Click to send private message to Casezille Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Final Episode - Access Hollywood Tonite..."
Shoot...it figures my short term memory would kick in and now I can't remember where I read this, but I'll go find it if no one else has seen it. After all the votes are cast every episode, and Jeffy takes them to be counted, Burnett takes them and puts them in the order that he wants them read. So, since this will be the FINAL vote, he's gonna look at em before (if he hasn't already) and put them in the most "dramatic" order. Jeff's not gonna just open the vault, bag, lock box or whatever it is today and take out whatever he grabs first. That just isn't Burnett's style. Casezille

vickitori 5 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

04-19-01, 00:02 AM (EST)
Click to EMail vickitori Click to send private message to vickitori Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Final Episode - Access Hollywood Tonite..."
I will never believe he doesn't know the winner. He excersises complete control over all aspects of the production and he certainly wants TOTAL control over the climax of the season. He's just trying to back pedal again like he's trying to do in the Stacey lawsuit. In the video release of the first season he says Survivor is just like a game show and as such is regulated by the FCC rules resulting from the "21" scandal. Now he's saying he was mistaken and really shouldn't have said that. He likes to puff himself up during interviews and I wonder if all this self puffing cuts off the blood supply to his brain for brief moments. For someone who's supposed to be so bright he sure acts like a wennie sometimes.

Bebo 21083 desperate attention whore postings

04-19-01, 10:54 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Bebo Click to send private message to Bebo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Final Episode - Access Hollywood Tonite..."
>I will never believe he doesn't
>know the winner. He
>excersises complete control over all
>aspects of the production and
>he certainly wants TOTAL control
>over the climax of the
>season.

I agree.

Someone HAD to look at those ballots to make sure they were legit. Otherwise, there's no way to ensure that the jury voted properly. In my warped imagination, I could see Jerri "getting revenge" by writing her own name down or "bite me, MB" or something else bizarre just to grab the attention. The only way to ensure that someone didn't try to mess up the final vote was to inspect the ballots.

This is NOT the time to have a hanging chad issue, after all...

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •