The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Um, you can start hating each other anytime now."
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Amazing Race Basher Forum (Protected)
Original message

Cygnus X1 7505 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

03-25-06, 10:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Cygnus%20X1 Click to send private message to Cygnus%20X1 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Um, you can start hating each other anytime now."
Usually by this time in other Races, battle lines have been drawm among the teams. You had the Guidos vs. Everyone, Mirna and Schmirna vs. Colon and Polyp, Jerkathon vs. Everyone, Lynn and Alex vs. Romber, Romber vs. Everyone, Everyone vs. the Weavers, etc.

This season . . . zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz. They're all shiny happy Racers holding hands. Even Lake, the most objectionable Racer so far, has only been targeted by Michelle.

While I like for the most part where they've gone and what they've had to do (the gnomeblock being an exception), the lack of real competitiveness or rivalry is making it hard to maintain my interest.

Anyone else agree, or is it still early yet?

Better than I deserve.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 Relax, we're only 3 legs in! vince3 03-25-06 1
 RE: Um, you can start hating each o... Neobie 03-26-06 2
 RE: Um, you can start hating each o... Max Headroom 03-27-06 3
 RE: Um, you can start hating each o... mikey 03-27-06 4
   RE: Um, you can start hating each o... dragonflies 03-27-06 7
 RE: Um, you can start hating each o... tamarama 03-27-06 5
   RE: Um, you can start hating each o... Cygnus X1 03-27-06 6
       RE: Um, you can start hating each o... Snidget 03-27-06 8
       RE: Um, you can start hating each o... tamarama 03-28-06 9
 You asked for it! Seana 03-29-06 10
   RE: You asked for it! Lasann 03-29-06 11
       RE: You asked for it! DeltaPin 03-30-06 12
 I thought of this thread... Seana 04-26-06 13
   RE: I thought of this thread... Karchita 04-27-06 14
       RE: I thought of this thread... Seana 04-27-06 17
   RE: I thought of this thread... CouchTater 04-27-06 15
       RE: I thought of this thread... Karchita 04-27-06 16
       RE: I thought of this thread... Lisa0116 05-02-06 18

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

vince3 17341 desperate attention whore postings

03-25-06, 11:33 PM (EST)
Click to EMail vince3 Click to send private message to vince3 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "Relax, we're only 3 legs in!"
There's been some sniping between the teams, and some of the sharing/betrayals/sneakyness from the latter half of the 3rd leg will cause some friction. (MoJo/Nerds especially but also the sneaky maneuver that the Hippies did to the Dentist's at the end might rile Lake up, and it looks like he already had a short fuse....) Besides we're always one task away from a team's implosion.....

Neobie 888 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

03-26-06, 02:10 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Neobie Click to send private message to Neobie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Um, you can start hating each other anytime now."
Probably too early?

Guidos vs Everyone: Tunis, Tunisia, Episode 6
There was some foreshadowing in Episode 3 though at Focault's Pendulum in Paris, but it didn't seem like much at that time.

Mirna vs Colin: Cairo, Egypt, Episode 6
The two teams were separated much of the first four legs.

Jonathan vs Viewers: Berlin, Germany, Episode 5
There wasn't any inter-team conflict until Episode 6, when Gus became irritated with him. Lena/Kristy and Maria/Meredith merely noted his actions and reactions to his wife.

Lynn/Alex vs Romber: Los Angeles, USA, Pre-Episode 1
Yep, this one started even before the race begin. But that's only because there is a history between the two teams. People don't usually develop such 'hatred' on a normal race so quickly.

Romber vs Everyone: Mendoza, Argentina, Episode 3
Slightly carried over from the hate of Lynn/Alex. I'd say this has some link to what Rob did on Survivor as well.

Weavers vs Everyone: Lancaster, USA, Episode 3
Come on. It's the Weavers. There has to be conflict there. I agree that the casting of this team did result in the conflict, but look at what it did to the viewers!

As others have said, there's less bunching on this season (which is good by any standards) which results in less bumping into and clashing of different teams. The less conflict of interests there are, the less battles there will be.

I'm sure this will change as the field is dwindled down into a smaller number of relatively competent teams, as it is then when they realise that to win, the others have to lose. At that point, bring out the fireworks!

Max Headroom 10069 desperate attention whore postings

03-27-06, 11:11 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Max%20Headroom Click to send private message to Max%20Headroom Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Um, you can start hating each other anytime now."
I think we'll see more conflict as the race goes on. People will get tired, be more jet-lagged, and just generally have shorter fuses, plus the tension level of the race goes up over time. Do you really think Lake will go the entire race without losing his temper in a big way? Or Monica will avoid having a major meltdown?

Guess we'll have to watch and see what happens!

mikey 1150 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

03-27-06, 02:54 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mikey Click to send private message to mikey Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Um, you can start hating each other anytime now."
Eric and Jeremy vs. the Double D's --C'mon, these guys can't really tell the Double D's apart, and one of them is going to slip up and forget which one they were canoodling with -- then watch the sparks between these two teams fly.

dragonflies 8051 desperate attention whore postings

03-27-06, 07:45 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dragonflies Click to send private message to dragonflies Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Um, you can start hating each other anytime now."
That would be funniest.episode.evah

tamarama 1785 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

03-27-06, 04:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail tamarama Click to send private message to tamarama Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Um, you can start hating each other anytime now."
I'm actually ok with the harmony -- it doesn't take anything away for me.

The suspense & tension of the race itself is what I like to watch -- if I want to watch people bickering and being hateful, I'll go visit my mother.

Cygnus X1 7505 desperate attention whore postings

03-27-06, 05:09 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Cygnus%20X1 Click to send private message to Cygnus%20X1 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Um, you can start hating each other anytime now."
Can I watch too?

Better than I deserve.

Snidget 44369 desperate attention whore postings

03-27-06, 08:25 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Um, you can start hating each other anytime now."
*shakes head*

And you would think the bickering over on the SO forums would be more than enough for you.

Lost with PhoenixMons

Although I am wondering when/over what the whole shiny happy people holding hands TAR will succumb to competition. They do all seem to like each other/help the other teams more than the last couple of seasons that I watched.

tamarama 1785 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

03-28-06, 03:13 PM (EST)
Click to EMail tamarama Click to send private message to tamarama Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Um, you can start hating each other anytime now."
Trust me, you wouldn't...er....

Do you want to go instead of me?

I'll meet you later for (what will be) your required alcohol.

Seana 5044 desperate attention whore postings

03-29-06, 10:30 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Seana Click to send private message to Seana Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "You asked for it!"
Now we have a Lake/Michelle and Fran/Barry rivalry. Of sorts.

I wonder how this will play out.

Lasann 3616 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

03-29-06, 11:30 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Lasann Click to send private message to Lasann Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: You asked for it!"
If Lake and Michelle perform this badly again, it won't play out because they'll be gone. please let them be gone.

A girl can have dreams! -
Tagged by ARKIE!!!

DeltaPin 55 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

03-30-06, 05:50 PM (EST)
Click to EMail DeltaPin Click to send private message to DeltaPin Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: You asked for it!"
>If Lake and Michelle perform this
>badly again, it won't play
>out because they'll be gone.
> please let them be
>gone.
>

I'm actually hoping they stay around long enough for Michelle to do a Roadblock. Actually I'm hoping TAR doesn't give teams reminders about how many Roadblocks they've done. Then after Lake performs his 7th, at the Pit Stop Phil tells them that they have to go back so Michelle can do it. Oh the fireworks & joy it would bring.

04-26-06, 11:17 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Seana Click to send private message to Seana Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "I thought of this thread..."
...while watching tonight's episode. Wow. Who knew MoJo was so full of contempt for the Hippies? She called them "sleazy"? (Maybe she was thinking of Eric and Jeremy.)

Yolanda mentioned that MoJo acts nice, but isn't...everyone just seemed that much nastier.

So in an interesting reversal, we have had all the teams being editted as nicer people in the beginning. Maybe they had to change the editting after the bad guy team of Lake/Michelle went to Sequesterville.

Karchita 4483 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

04-27-06, 00:25 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Karchita Click to send private message to Karchita Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: I thought of this thread..."
MoJo sure seemed to be getting a more negative edit as is everyone since the departure of Lake and Michelle. Or maybe she really is that b!tchy.

It seems plausible to me that the racers start out excited and pleasant to each other, and then they get tired and cranky and more competitive when they get down to smaller numbers. I know some of these people are much more irritating to me now that I have gotten to know them.

04-27-06, 03:40 PM (EST)
17. "RE: I thought of this thread..."
I got a bad vibe from Monica early on in the race and have had trouble forgetting that negative reaction, even though I don't exactly remember what she said. I actually think the editting was making her seem nicer than she is.

Just my opinion, to be sure.

I thought something similar about Lake/Michelle leaving and there not being anyone to play the bad guys now. I also agree that it's getting down to the end and they're just tired.

CouchTater 1046 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

04-27-06, 01:33 PM (EST)
Click to EMail CouchTater Click to send private message to CouchTater Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: I thought of this thread..."
I'm really curious what the fuss is all about with MoJo and the Hippies. They seemed to be on good terms in Italy and all the smack talk was from the Hippies against the Frats and vice versa. Then last week Mo referred to the Hippies as butt heads. Now all the sudden it's like war. I can see that Mo really might be a biatch but then again I can see that the hippies could be totally annoying and maybe not as goody two shoes as they like to portray.

I wonder why the Hippies would out and out state that they would yield Mojo?

Also, MoJo seemed to be totally fine with the Frats, which surprises me because I would have thought for sure that the Frats juvenile behavior would be a definite turn off to Mo.

I guess we have to wait until one of those teams are eliminated to find out what happened.

Karchita 4483 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

04-27-06, 03:03 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Karchita Click to send private message to Karchita Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: I thought of this thread..."
Apparently the hippies made a threat during the pit stop that the other teams had to leave money in their car or get yielded later. Threats don't seem like the best strategy to me, but whatever. Maybe they meant it half-jokingly. In any case, Mo took offense. I liked the frat boys' solution of an IOU.

As for Mo getting along with the frat boys, they seem like birds of a feather to me because she just screams sorority wench. Joe is probably a frat boy himself.

Lisa0116 688 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

05-02-06, 05:37 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Lisa0116 Click to send private message to Lisa0116 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: I thought of this thread..."
For some reason, MoJo think that the Hippies are only doing well because they are having good luck and that they (MoJo) aren't having as much luck on the Race. Of course, the Hippies have come in last and lost all their money and belongings (how's that for good luck, eh??).

I think the REAL problem is that MoJo is incapable of reading and understanding their clues......

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •