The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Good for you, Andre and Damon!!!"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Amazing Race Basher Forum (Protected)
Original message

survivorpinoy 30 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

11-25-02, 04:16 AM (EST)
Click to EMail survivorpinoy Click to send private message to survivorpinoy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Good for you, Andre and Damon!!!"
I really hate this team.

They bribed the twins and the brothers... They beat traffic lights... They bribed the kid in one of the roadblocks for him to lead the way to the dye place... They cut lines at the airport... At least, Teri and Ian (though Ian is annoying) know how to race on their own. Last episode, Andre and Damon, who got used to following the twins and the brothers, were totally clueless on what to do. They are disgusting.

And what was this farewell speech that they joined the race to let the people know that they are also humans like us. For heaven's sake, we never thought of you of anything else. Complex!

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Good for you, Andre and Damon!!... Strider 11-25-02 1
 RE: Good for you, Andre and Damon!!... dajaki 11-25-02 2
   RE: Good for you, Andre and Damon!!... Loree 11-30-02 6
 RE: Good for you, Andre and Damon!!... 712 11-27-02 3
   RE: Good for you, Andre and Damon!!... Cole 11-27-02 4
   RE: Good for you, Andre and Damon!!... TARantado 11-28-02 5
       RE: Good for you, Andre and Damon!!... Cole 12-02-02 7
           RE: Good for you, Andre and Damon!!... 712 12-02-02 8

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Strider 580 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

11-25-02, 10:02 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Strider Click to send private message to Strider Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Good for you, Andre and Damon!!!"
Although my dislike for A&D is not as strong as yours, I thought exactly the same thing when they gave their loser speech. Here it is for reference:

"I'm happy we did this. Damon's a firefighter. I'm a police officer. It will show that we eat and sleep just like everybody else. We bleed like everybody else. We're just everyday, common people."

The presumption that we thought of them as some kind of superheroes because of their professions is obnoxious.

Strider

dajaki 1454 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

11-25-02, 11:05 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dajaki Click to send private message to dajaki Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Good for you, Andre and Damon!!!"
I didn't hate A&D, but I also didn't admire them. True, they let everyone else work for them, and when they went out on their own, disaster ensued. Their little speech at the end was weird. I never thought of them as superheroes or completely distant from the rest of society. We know they're just like everyone else, and I don't see how their being on TAR made them any closer to the community they serve.

Loree 8616 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

11-30-02, 09:29 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Loree Click to send private message to Loree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Good for you, Andre and Damon!!!"
I expected alot more from this duo than we got. I kept being surprised at how bad they followed directions. I even doubted they really were a cop and a fireman. So their final speech made no sense at all.

712 356 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

11-27-02, 02:02 AM (EST)
Click to EMail 712 Click to send private message to 712 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Good for you, Andre and Damon!!!"
One quote of theirs that really struck me, from episode 6, was when one of them said something to the effect of "On this race we've gone from zero to hero, back to zero, back to hero, and now we're back to zero."
Yeah... no. Congratulations on coming in second on one leg, which, coincidentally, happens to be the leg you paid everyone off on.

Cole 409 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

11-27-02, 10:36 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Cole Click to send private message to Cole Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Good for you, Andre and Damon!!!"
It's funny that they consider themselves "hero" for moving up in the standings. I always considered them a big ZERO from start to finish. By the time they were eliminated I hated these two intensely. WTF was up with that "we're just like you" speech at the end? I always got the sense they thought they deserved to win, because they were the cop and the fireman. And my doesn't everyone love cops and firemen these days. I agree with everyone here who said that his speech that we shouldn't treat them as superheroes because they're everyday people is insulting. Andre and Damon showed us they were human through their constant ineptitude. I rank this team among the worst ever on TAR. I'd rank them even below the not-so-gutsy Grannies. At least the Grannies (well, one of them) had a good attitude and did things on their own.

Andre and Damon, you will always be a Zero in my book.

TARantado 39 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

11-28-02, 05:15 PM (EST)
Click to EMail TARantado Click to send private message to TARantado Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Good for you, Andre and Damon!!!"
Check out this interview on them:

http://ch5.mediacorptv.com/shows/reality/episodes/11/1/7/.html

They explain some of their actions during the entire race.
You be the judge. ;)

Cole 409 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

12-02-02, 01:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Cole Click to send private message to Cole Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Good for you, Andre and Damon!!!"
Ok I read that link, and my opinion of them is even worse than before. They seem to be rather delusional about their own skills. The part that really irked me was this:

<<Did you think of packing in an alarm clock so that you wouldn’t oversleep like, say, oh, on the train to Austria?

Andre: Ah….that was not that big a deal, we already knew we were eliminated after the airport, when Flo told them not to give us tickets. It was over for us, a farewell train ride.

Damon: So we let our hair down and enjoyed the ride, and we dozed off. We knew Flo and Zach would go for the Fast Forward because they were almost the last team and they would get eliminated if they didn’t go for it.>>

So basically, they just gave up after Flo told the guy not to give them tickets. How did they know what she was saying? For all they know she could have been flirting with the guy to get HER tickets. And it was inexcuseable that they simply didn't even try for the Fast Forward, with their reasoning that Flo and Zach got it. What if John Vito and Jill had taken it, leaving Flo and Zach hanging out to dry? Flo and Zach thought they were in last even with the FF. Or what if someone else had bad car luck like last time? They should have learned from Momily's Thai mistake that anything is possible. Andre and Damon not even trying for the FF was the pits. It showed how worthless they were. They're just trying to make excuses.

712 356 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

12-02-02, 04:35 PM (EST)
Click to EMail 712 Click to send private message to 712 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Good for you, Andre and Damon!!!"
When Flo told the guy not to sell them tickets... that did not make a lick of difference. First of all, I can't see someone refusing to sell tickets to someone just because some other complete stranger told them not to. Things don't work that way.
Secondly, Flo and Zach didn't get tickets either, and they were in line ahead of Andre and Damon. So what does that tell us?

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •