The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Law & Order Special Prurient Unit"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Other Non-Reality TV Shows Forum (Protected)
Original message

ginger 22512 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

10-28-03, 03:56 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ginger Click to send private message to ginger Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Law & Order Special Prurient Unit"
I watch all the L&Os, L&O "Classic", L&O CI - the Vincent D'onofrio Show (you know Vincent's gonna ask the tough questions when he cocks his head to the left!), but it's the middle sibling, Law & Order Disgusting Perverted Things Done to Little Kids and Russian Teenagers Unit, that is grabbing most of my viewing attention as they now show all the reruns every night all night on one of those Turner channels.

What is the charm of this show? I still feel a little dirty when they say that line about "especially heinous" at the beginning. Is it the fact that Jayne Mansfield's daughter is one of the stars? Is it the fact that this is the only show where they ask things, in all seriousness, like: "Can you think of any reason why someone would want to sodomize your father with a banana?" (That, by the way, is an exact quote from a recent episode and not gingeresque hyperbole). Should I take a shower after I watch?

Invites discussion of any of the L&Os, not just Hideous Genitalia Mutilation Unit.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Law & Order Special Prurient Un... Devious Weasel 10-28-03 1
   RE: Law & Order Special Prurient Un... ginger 10-29-03 2
 RE: Law & Order Special Prurient Un... Indigo Kid 10-29-03 3
   RE: Law & Order Special Prurient Un... ginger 10-29-03 4
 RE: Law & Order Special Prurient Un... ashleybfogg 10-30-03 5
 RE: Law & Order Special Prurient Un... Swami 11-01-03 6
 RE: Law & Order Special Prurient Un... dajaki 11-10-03 7

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Devious Weasel 18756 desperate attention whore postings

10-28-03, 05:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Devious%20Weasel Click to send private message to Devious%20Weasel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Law & Order Special Prurient Unit"
With a banana? No, not with a banana.

10-29-03, 12:43 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ginger Click to send private message to ginger Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Law & Order Special Prurient Unit"
It was certainly a refreshingly different spin on the "do you know anyone who would want to murder your whatever" line.

And what if the answer was like "Yes. He joined a club last year."

Indigo Kid 8 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

10-29-03, 01:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Indigo%20Kid Click to send private message to Indigo%20Kid Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Law & Order Special Prurient Unit"
What I like about "Law and Order: For Women" is that it is like "Judging Amy" but with a gritty urban edge.

I'm hoping that one day, all they show on NBC is, Law and Orders, Datelines, e.r., and Friends (the show that refuses to die).

Later skaters,
Dan

10-29-03, 01:56 PM (EST)
4. "RE: Law & Order Special Prurient Unit"
In SF, the local station lost its charter (or whatever you'd call it) to show NBC so that channel is now the all-Frasier or L&O reruns-channel.

ashleybfogg 2367 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Seventeen Magazine Model"

10-30-03, 10:31 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ashleybfogg Click to send private message to ashleybfogg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Law & Order Special Prurient Unit"
I never watch any of them. But the jokes about the next "Unit" are the best! I used to like Waterston as an actor, but he just rutted himself into oblivion with that show. As much as i lvoe you ginger (and I do) L&O is just stinky.
This year's gimmick says it all: "Ripped From The Headlines!" meaning:
"we don't hire writers anymore and have run out of stuff that fits in this especially heinous format"

ahslet *heart* ginger and thanking her for another good L&O "Unit" joke...

Swami 5885 desperate attention whore postings

11-01-03, 02:14 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Swami Click to send private message to Swami Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Law & Order Special Prurient Unit"
My sister, who was just here for a long visit, watched L&O endlessly. I was forced to watch several with her, and actually saw the "banana sodomy" show.

This show is just perverse. Nasty people doing nasty things to other nasty people, for nasty reasons of course. What's the point?

IceCat is a Genius

dajaki 1454 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

11-10-03, 07:52 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dajaki Click to send private message to dajaki Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Law & Order Special Prurient Unit"
I really liked the original L&O and stuck with it all the way through Angie Harmon as ADA. But all these permutations are too much. I think it's time that the show retire. Jerry Orbach and Sam Waterston, great actors both, have seen better days and deserve better roles.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •