The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"VH1's BSTV show"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Other Reality TV Shows Forum (Protected)
Original message

SurvivorBlows 15230 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

05-25-05, 05:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivorBlows Click to send private message to SurvivorBlows Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"VH1's BSTV show"
I'm not sure exactly when this premiered, but I caught parts of a couple of episodes of this late, late at night a few days ago. While the actual main pranks around which the show is based pretty much suck, I have to say seeing proof of the stupid desperate depths that some of these former reality TV whores will stoop to in their attempt to stay on TV is extremely funny.

In the two episodes I watched, Apprentice 1 contestant Heidi Bressler and Bachelorette 1 contestant Charlie Maher were featured -- with both of them responding enthusiastically when pitched some of the most absurd reality show ideas that you've ever heard.

I think Evan Marriott and Jenna Lewis are also on episodes, but I missed them.

Btw, Joe Schmo 2's Ernie the Rich Heir is one of the pranksters. If you have a DVR, this is definitely a record-it-and-fast-forward-through-the-dumb-skits show, but I did find the former reality folks parts humorous.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: VH1's BSTV show volsfan 05-30-05 1
   RE: VH1's BSTV show shabalaba 05-31-05 2
       RE: VH1's BSTV show archon 05-31-05 3
           RE: VH1's BSTV show volsfan 05-31-05 4
               RE: VH1's BSTV show archon 06-01-05 5

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

volsfan 19846 desperate attention whore postings

05-30-05, 08:38 PM (EST)
Click to EMail volsfan Click to send private message to volsfan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: VH1's BSTV show"
I just saw previews of this show and it looked funny. I may try and tape a few episodes.

shabalaba 369 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

05-31-05, 01:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail shabalaba Click to send private message to shabalaba Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: VH1's BSTV show"
I thought that these DAWs would have to sign a release to be featured on this show...is it true that any exposure is good exposure???I'm thinking in a situation like this, they wouldn't want people to see how forthcomingly (is that a word?) desperate they truly are. I would think that's just like getting Punk'd. How embarassing getting busted being so desperate for your 5 mins of fame!!!!

archon 178 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

05-31-05, 04:04 PM (EST)
Click to EMail archon Click to send private message to archon Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: VH1's BSTV show"
Gotta agree on the releases. Its one thing to embarass yourself in these fake setups. Its another to sign the release so the world can see what an idiot you are...

Oh, and the bimb from the Apprentice -- when she was pitched a show that would require her head to be swapped with a monkeys (not computer-animation, but actual surgery) -- how could she not have known that the whole thing was a setup. What a DAW!

Funny show...

Archon

"You can get more with a 2x4 and a kind word than with just a kind word." (Marcus, B5)

volsfan 19846 desperate attention whore postings

05-31-05, 05:28 PM (EST)
Click to EMail volsfan Click to send private message to volsfan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: VH1's BSTV show"
I think these people are just being light hearted and accepting the fact that they did get punkd. Why not? If you can't laugh at yourself who can you laugh at?

archon 178 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

06-01-05, 08:39 AM (EST)
Click to EMail archon Click to send private message to archon Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: VH1's BSTV show"
I have no problem about the ability to laugh at oneself...

I do it all the time...

But I was talking about not being able to recognize you are being 'punkd' after -- i dunno -- the 12th time someone tells you something completely off the wall!

Like the "show" where they were looking for women to win a boat if they could screw the most men. Come on -- you cant really think that would be on anything but the playboy channel, do you?

Gives you a good idea how desperate some people are for attention..

Archon

"You can get more with a 2x4 and a kind word than with just a kind word." (Marcus, B5)

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •